• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Exposure Stream Opening on September 13th ft. RelaxAlax as co-host! (Sept. 12th ~6PM EST!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245254

{ TO CLARIFY, THE STREAM WILL BEGIN ON THE 12th IF YOU ARE STATESIDE. IT IS THE MORNING OF THE 13th FOR JAPAN }

Hello fellow Smashers!

I have a really exciting announcement to make. We all love to argue around here, especially me, but right now we set aside our differences, as I present to you the beginnings of the project I've gotten to start working with in preparation for the September 13th release of SSB4.

Beginning on the day of release...

(click it)

I will be kick-starting a brand new Twitch channel, with the help of some delightful individuals, 100% dedicated to streaming the new Smash game in a pure & delicious expose of all its innards. I have all the capture equipment and streaming equipment necessary to make this a incredible experience for anyone who wants to tune in and get all the bits and pieces they are needing about the new Smash game before it gets out of Japan.

I just got the channel up as a work in progress, but it's been in the works conceptually for a long time, it's going to be updated almost daily all the way up to the release of the game where we will finally go live with it early in the morning Japanese Standard Time, after picking up the game as soon as humanly possible from the shelves. If there's anything you want to see in the stream details, let me know! If you didn't click the banner and visit the brand new channel in its baby stages, then this is what you would have been greeted with currently...

Currently the details below the stream are as follows...

This stream is currently UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

The objective is to be a powerful source of both viewing pleasure and entertainment when the amazing new Smash Bros. game releases on September 13th in Japan.

What this stream intends to provide
  • Ultimately a comprehensive preview for all those unfortunate enough to not have a JP 3DS!

• Commentary with a very special co-host, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll spoil yourself silly with Smash details.

• We will be taking viewer questions and answering them in real time as we play.

• We will be taking activity requests. For example if you want to see me do a versus match playing Sheik or play against a certain character. If you want me to test out a mechanic or a move on a certain character in a certain situation.

• Both me and my co-host, the riveting Alax, are passionate Smash players and have been since the dawn of the series, you can expect a serious approach to the play style (yay, competitive smash!).

• The stream will go live at (tentative)... 11AM JST, September 13th (this would be the evening of the 12th for North Americans.
If you have any questions, click the banner to go to my Smashboards profile and leave your question on my wall there!
The next thing you may have noticed is my co-host, who will be none other than the one, the only, @Relax Alax!

You will know him from his exceptional YouTube content that he has given us throughout the hype/speculation period of Smash. I am proud and honored to share the mic with him during this release day stream bash. If you haven't given his videos a watch...click his banner above right now and watch them. Like them. Subscribe. He's everything you want from the Smash community in terms of passion for the game, I guarantee you won't regret your time spent.

I'm extremely excited to make this happen, but the bad news is that right now this is all the information I can share! The rest is still in the works, but what is in the works is so exciting that it's making me tear up a little bit.

I just wanted to open up this announcement to public so we could garner some early feedback on our direction. What would you like to see from us? Any guest star recommendations that we might not have considered? Any questions or comments are all welcome in the warmest way possible. Right now the plan is to open up streams on September the 13th. When the game releases off-shore, we will continue to be there providing content as long as the fans enjoy the show and have the time to actually pull themselves away from their systems, hehe. There are also plans for the Wii U release as well. It really is an exciting time for us and especially you guys.

As for me, and now Alax, neither of us claim to be professional Smashers, but what we do claim to be are dedicated fans of Smash Bros. and what it stands for. We are both competitive-natured players with a taste for the competitive side of the franchise. We both love the feeling of charming a crowd. We welcome anyone to watch the show when it goes live. Ask questions. Make recommendations. Chat with us. We seriously can't wait. More and more announcements of what this channel plans to feature will arise in the coming weeks leading up the release!

So how do you guys feel? Will you be there with us on the release date to expose this game? See you on the stream :).

I now have a twitter which you can follow here.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
This is freaking awesome. Unless Sakurai already reveals everything on release day, I will definitely be here for this. Thanks a ton man for putting time aside to perform this! So hype! <3

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Woah this I think I can get into! especially if it's all in silly-sounding-to-us-English-speakers Japanese! :D
Great stage pick for the still image by the way! SOOO epic :crazy:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Woah this I think I can get into! especially if it's all in silly-sounding-to-us-English-speakers Japanese! :D
Great stage pick for the still image by the way! SOOO epic :crazy:
I think it's going to be English, since there's a Q&A.... xD

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
While this is really cool that you're doing this, and I highly approve, this stream is about the 3DS version (and will be for an unspecified amount of time until the Wii U version is out), as such I moved it to the 3DS section of the site.

Great presentation though!

D

Deleted member 245254

While this is really cool that you're doing this, and I highly approve, this stream is about the 3DS version (and will be for an unspecified amount of time until the Wii U version is out), as such I moved it to the 3DS section of the site.

Great presentation though!
I thought even a moments worth of glances from the crowd the Wii U forum sees would be worth it!

I guess we'll manage :p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ahh, I'd love to be able to watch this, but I think it will be impossible. There are two way it will play out

1. The whole roster is spoiled before the game's release, so I won't care enough

2. The roster is intact, in which case I will go dark until I have unlocked everything on my Japanese 3ds xD

Still, if I were not importing a Japanese 3DS, this would probably what I would be watching nonstop until the game came out.

D

Deleted member 245254

Ahh, I'd love to be able to watch this, but I think it will be impossible. There are two way it will play out

1. The whole roster is spoiled before the game's release, so I won't care enough

2. The roster is intact, in which case I will go dark until I have unlocked everything on my Japanese 3ds xD

Still, if I were not importing a Japanese 3DS, this would probably what I would be watching nonstop until the game came out.
Figuring out the roster is one (although important) detail of the whole Smash Bros. pie left to explore.

If you think about it...there is so very little we actually know about the entirety of what comes with the SSB4 package. Our goal is to out all of that stuff, not just the roster.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Figuring out the roster is one (although important) detail of the whole Smash Bros. pie left to explore.

If you think about it...there is so very little we actually know about the entirety of what comes with the SSB4 package. Our goal is to out all of that stuff, not just the roster.
Well, if the roster gets spoiled for me, I'll probably have your stream up... I'll just be paying more attention to my own copy of the game :p

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Can't blame you for that :)
I realize now too that you'll be starting 11 hours after I will be. By then I may have already given in and spoiled myself, haha.

Anyways, the stream looks like a fun time! As someone who is also getting the game that day, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

D

Deleted member 245254

I realize now too that you'll be starting 11 hours after I will be. By then I may have already given in and spoiled myself, haha.

Anyways, the stream looks like a fun time! As someone who is also getting the game that day, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know!
I think some multiplayer matches to test lag online would be fantastic, actually.

You are in the states, I assume? It would be great to get you on for some online play, and we can test the level of lag! I'm sure that's something that everybody is wondering about, probably at the top of many lists.

If there's no lag between me and you in the states, you can probably assume online play within your region is going to be easily the best the series has yet to see (and has been needed).

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think some multiplayer matches to test lag online would be fantastic, actually.

You are in the states, I assume? It would be great to get you on for some online play, and we can test the level of lag! I'm sure that's something that everybody is wondering about, probably at the top of many lists.

If there's no lag between me and you in the states, you can probably assume online play within your region is going to be easily the best the series has yet to see (and has been needed).
Yeah, that's something I can do. I'm probably going to be hungering for some multiplayer regardless, none of my friends are importing so online will be the only way for me.

The hype is too much, I'm dying. I need me some smash.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Hello fellow Smashers!

I have a really exciting announcement to make. We all love to argue around here, especially me, but right now we set aside our differences, as I present to you the beginnings of the project I've gotten to start working with in preparation for the September 13th release of SSB4.

Beginning on the day of release...

(click it)

I will be kick-starting a brand new Twitch channel, with the help of some delightful individuals, 100% dedicated to streaming the new Smash game in a pure & delicious expose of all its innards. I have all the capture equipment and streaming equipment necessary to make this a incredible experience for anyone who wants to tune in and get all the bits and pieces they are needing about the new Smash game before it gets out of Japan.

I just got the channel up as a work in progress, but it's been in the works conceptually for a long time, it's going to be updated almost daily all the way up to the release of the game where we will finally go live with it early in the morning Japanese Standard Time, after picking up the game as soon as humanly possible from the shelves. If there's anything you want to see in the stream details, let me know! If you didn't click the banner and visit the brand new channel in its baby stages, then this is what you would have been greeted with currently...

Currently the details below the stream are as follows...

The next thing you may have noticed is my co-host, who will be none other than the one, the only, @Relax Alax!

You will know him from his exceptional YouTube content that he has given us throughout the hype/speculation period of Smash. I am proud and honored to share the mic with him during this release day stream bash. If you haven't given his videos a watch...click his banner above right now and watch them. Like them. Subscribe. He's everything you want from the Smash community in terms of passion for the game, I guarantee you won't regret your time spent.

I'm extremely excited to make this happen, but the bad news is that right now this is all the information I can share! The rest is still in the works, but what is in the works is so exciting that it's making me tear up a little bit.

I just wanted to open up this announcement to public so we could garner some early feedback on our direction. What would you like to see from us? Any guest star recommendations that we might not have considered? Any questions or comments are all welcome in the warmest way possible. Right now the plan is to open up streams on September the 13th. When the game releases off-shore, we will continue to be there providing content as long as the fans enjoy the show and have the time to actually pull themselves away from their systems, hehe. There are also plans for the Wii U release as well. It really is an exciting time for us and especially you guys.

As for me, and now Alax, neither of us claim to be professional Smashers, but what we do claim to be are dedicated fans of Smash Bros. and what it stands for. We are both competitive-natured players with a taste for the competitive side of the franchise. We both love the feeling of charming a crowd. We welcome anyone to watch the show when it goes live. Ask questions. Make recommendations. Chat with us. We seriously can't wait. More and more announcements of what this channel plans to feature will arise in the coming weeks leading up the release!

So how do you guys feel? Will you be there with us on the release date to expose this game? See you on the stream :).
Awesome idea man will check it out for sure.

Last edited:

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I'm on the fence if I want it spoiled or not..... I mean I've always just played the games, knowing nothing about them, except for the characters revealed already. I unlock as many as I can, and when I tried everything and still no unlocks, internet time.
That awesome feeling when you see a shadow of a character that you've always wanted... On the other hand...
Smssh footage with every single stage!! I can see if all the stages that I wanted were in. I won't we able to chat on twitch tho, you need a facebook, which I don't plan on a making. Too much drama.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'm on the fence if I want it spoiled or not..... I mean I've always just played the games, knowing nothing about them, except for the characters revealed already. I unlock as many as I can, and when I tried everything and still no unlocks, internet time.
That awesome feeling when you see a shadow of a character that you've always wanted... On the other hand...
Smssh footage with every single stage!! I can see if all the stages that I wanted were in. I won't we able to chat on twitch tho, you need a facebook, which I don't plan on a making. Too much drama.
I'm quite sure you do not need a Facebook to chat in twitch chat. Just a twitch account!

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I'm quite sure you do not need a Facebook to chat in twitch chat. Just a twitch account!
Last time on the SDCC chat , I couldn't chat cus I needed Facebook Connect. Maybe it'sonly on droid, since I was on that then, and I remeber chatting normally on PC.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
*jumps outta coffin*
Holy impaled zombie this is awesome! Time to DL twitch app, create an account, follow

Soul.

This is a great idea! One question though, will you show the advanced techniques and tell the players how to do them by any chance?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I will definitely try to tune in as well! This is one heck of a nice surprise to look forward to in September!

D

Deleted member 245254

This is a great idea! One question though, will you show the advanced techniques and tell the players how to do them by any chance?
Right now the only discovered AT I'm aware of is the new "pivot cancel" move, and certainly it will be a focus. If we discover anything else during play we'll make note of it.

You should stream this in collaboration with @Egg-Off the Conquerer ! He wants to do the same thing :)
I am still looking for some guest stars to weigh in with their opinion on mic and do some online matches on stream so I think that'd be a great idea :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would watch but I am in the camp that doesn't want to spoil themselves before release. It's great that you and Alax are doing this, though!

Soul.

Right now the only discovered AT I'm aware of is the new "pivot cancel" move, and certainly it will be a focus. If we discover anything else during play we'll make note of it.
I see. Even talking about the pivot cancel AT would be cool. I'm sure other AT's (maybe character-specific ones) will be on this game, so we'll see.
The stream will be good, though.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I still don't know if I want everything spoiled... I think I'll watch the first stream, and then stop watching when you unlock a character, that IDK of yet. Even though I don't want everything spoiled, I am dying to know some of the features, and stages. Oh, and when you do the first stream, can you please check if download play is in?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I don't think I'll join in because the main things I want to stay secret are unlock methods and which characters are unlocked via which methods. That said, this is great; props to you guys for doing this. :) And if I happen to accidentally see unlock method spoilers, I might as well watch your stream anyways. :p

Last edited:

NualphaJPN

Smash Cadet
I'll tune in for sure, since we both live in Japan. Won't be grabbing the 3DS anytime soon, but would be nice to see how the reception is.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Definitely joining this, it will definitely help the awful situation of having to wait while Japan has their fun.

In terms of content, one of my personal traditions is to try out every single character as soon as I get the game, before even checking out all the modes and stuff.

While I'm not asking you guys to do the same, I would very much appreciate detailed exploration of each character, particularly (and I think I speak here on behalf of all Palutena fans) those characters that weren't in the demo and haven't been particularly explained or featured extensively.

thank you so much for doing this!

D

Deleted member 245254

Definitely joining this, it will definitely help the awful situation of having to wait while Japan has their fun.

In terms of content, one of my personal traditions is to try out every single character as soon as I get the game, before even checking out all the modes and stuff.

While I'm not asking you guys to do the same, I would very much appreciate detailed exploration of each character, particularly (and I think I speak here on behalf of all Palutena fans) those characters that weren't in the demo and haven't been particularly explained or featured extensively.

thank you so much for doing this!
That's certainly on the list! A detailed exploration of the characters that is. There's always the chance some characters are locked away though, so keep that in mind :)

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Kinda too bad that it seems like Twitch is going to hell lately. Still though, bless you for doing this!

D

Deleted member 245254

Kinda too bad that it seems like Twitch is going to hell lately. Still though, bless you for doing this!
Muting music on archived videos isn't really going to hinder content, however!

If they mute live streams due to copyright then we have ourselves an issue...

Let's hope for the best...

Top Bottom