• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Its evil I know. Maybe we can be saved by DLC or Wolf fans will just suffer for eternity like I predict. (I want to see wolf in this engine so bad...)

Everytime I think about how Wolf will probably never be in smash again I want to throw up blood. (Same feeling I get when I think about Banjo Threeie.)
I will never forgive Microsoft for that. Although, I will never forgive Sakurai if Wolf was cut, he's been one of my top characters since brawl and now Project M and definitely my most enjoyed.
His theme being ins Smash 4 feels a bit odd in my opinion though. If he's not in, i'm never playing Falco or Fox!

Last edited:

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Looks like this game has the majority of the community on their knees praying for DLC...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I will never forgive Microsoft for that. Although, I will never forgive Sakurai if Wolf was cut, he's been one of my top characters since brawl and now Project M and definitely my most enjoyed.
His theme being ins Smash 4 feels a bit odd in my opinion though. If he's not in, i'm never playing Falco or Fox!
Yeah I actually like Project M's roster better than Smash 4's since they cut so many characters I care about.

Looks like this game has the majority of the community on their knees praying for DLC...
Basically we are in a pickle. Star Fox, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Earthbound, Ic's and Mewtwos fanbases got screwed pretty hard.

Last edited:

Sakuramei

Smash Rookie
-L & R's swap. Hoping that can be changed at least.
-Jigglypuff's Final Smash.
-Smash run being Wireless only. It really looks like a fun mode so...
-No Fountain of Dreams. One of my favorite courses so :(
-Also think they could've done better Pokemon stages over N's Castle and Lumiose City.
-Challenges still having rewards attached to them.
-Lack of color schemes for some people. Some of Jigglypuff's past ones are gone, Robin and Wii Fit Trainer only get two per gender (though, in Wii Fit Trainer's case, at least it's the same color scheme for both while colors vary per gender for Robin :/). I would've liked to see them vary up a bit on hairstyle changes considering they did full gender models, but oh well. I just really would like more costumes for everyone, honestly.

Also mixed feelings on some characters not returning (such as Ice Climbers)--I never used them but it still feels kind of wrong.

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I'm disappointed Ice Climbers are cut. Hopefully they are a Wii u exclusive because I have yet to find someone who is against that. NOT JOKING.
I'm disappointed Wolf and Lucas are gone but I can tolerate that.
I'm disappointed Mushroomy Kingdom and Distant planet are back.
I'm dissapointed in myself for caring too much about this game.:rolleyes:

I'd be dissapointed about Mewtwo but I think Sakurai has something up his sleeve.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
The Pokemon fanboy in me is disappointing that there is no Mewtwo and no Grass Starter (Preferably Sceptile). I've always preferred Grass Pokemon and feel like we always get the shaft because it's the least popular of the starters. And I have no clue if the type damage carried through from Brawl but it would of been cool to see.

Jigglypuff>Lucario>Mewtwo>Greninja>Sceptile>Charizard>Pikachu

I also don't get why Dark Pit and Dr. Mario can't just be alt costumes like Alph and Koopalings.

Not that any of those things ruin the game for me, I'm still very excited and will be buying a Wii U just to play this game.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Overall, I'm happy with the game. Buuuuut...

1) Dark Pit.

2) Smash Run not being available for online play is ridiculous, and even borders on hilarious with its absurdity.

3) A lack of villainous characters in general. Would've loved some more anti-heroes.

4) Dark Pit.

5) "For Glory" mode only having flat, platformless stages kind of defeats the purpose of having a viable competitive playlist.

5) Zero Suit Samus's redesign.

6) Dark Pit.

7) The music selection, at least for the 3DS version, isn't all that great. Some of their choices for stages seem lame.

8) The ratio of recycled stages to new stages seems a little skewed.

9) No circle pad pro. Seriously, Nintendo. What the ****.

10) The over-exposure of Kid Icarus Uprising in general. Including, but not limited to, Dark Pit.
Lmfao after reading that list and coming to the last one I just died xD ahah the Dark Pit hate is real.

After watching some gameplay I'm a little dissapointed in Little Mac. I think he is a little bit too useless in the air and recovery wise. They should have given him at least one viable air attack as well as a bit more leniency recovery wise. Most Little Macs I've seen have been getting destroyed.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
-Sonic, Lucario and Pac-man's Palette Swaps.
-Bowser, DK, and Diddy having generic animal sounds again.
-FALCO KEEPING THE FRIGGIN' LANDMASTER!
-Star Wolf's theme being in despite Wolf being cut (feels a lot like Mario Kart 7, where DS Waluigi Pinball was in, yet Waluigi himself was not)
-No Mewtwo
-No sign of Ridley, not even a trophy. (Perhaps He'll be playable in the Wii U version?)
-Dark Pit (they could of at least given him more, different KI:U weapons, like Blades, Palms, Clubs, etc.)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Missed opportunities with some character's recolors. *looks at :4luigi: and :4falcon:*

Cutting Lucas and Wolf for Emo Pit. <--- At least give Wolf a slot and make Lucas and Dark Pit alts.

Cutting Ice Climbers. (I'll let this one slide since they had issues)

No online for Smash Run.

Lack of intro (the Wii U might have one though...)

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
>no intro
>no smash run online
>from what I seen online is lagg

The roster is freaking awesome guys!

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
The demo's controls are all off from the Gamecube's controls (L grabs and R shields, placement of XYAB buttons are rotated) and it's so annoying. I just cannot stop grabbing when I want to shield.

I'm so glad we'll be able to change them in the full version.

BigOlDiddys

Smash Rookie
NNID
Burglor
3DS FC
3797-6455-1660
After seeing what some people come up with for project m most of the palette swaps in smash 4 are kinda meh.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
In short, there is too much of the old games that it feels like the developers got lazy, and makes what's new harder to appreciate. That goes for stages, music, victory themes, voice clips, and character movesets (I'm especially looking at you, FLUDD and Falcondorf)

Also, there's no :mewtwopm:,:popo:, :lucas:, or :wolf: for no good reason.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
For me?
Not so much a disappointment, but more a gripe with the game.

The AI basically only move by Rolling. I get a little annoyed at it because I'm bad and can't punish properly :drflip:
Oh, and how Dark Samus AND Ridley were good chices for Metroid represents, but we got Dark pit and Dr. Mario instead. GOD DAMNIT.:mad088:
k. I'm done.

Last edited:

nghsk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-1554-6849
Yeah, I'd have to say that having Custom Moves also be a part of the "Stat Boosting" modifiers is dumbbb--characters like Palutena and Ness have some rad stuff I'd love to use as it would make them more playable for me, but since I can't use them online I hardly have a way to hone my skills (that isn't to say that lvl 9's aren't enough but... well they're not). I think they could have easily bypassed the whole Custom Movesets Being Broken thing if they didn't allow you to augment your power, speed, and defense (at least, not in the same setup). Ganondork's sword will never see the light of day online... here's hoping they'll be tournament legal (the augments hopefully not so much).

Last edited:

Rockenbury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rockenbury
3DS FC
3711-8217-6762
Protoman should be in the game as an alt costume for Megaman or at least an Assist Trophy... It would be awesome to hear his high-pitched whistle as he suddenly appears into the stage.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You honestly seemed really serious lmao
Part of it was serious like Lucina and Pittoo being straight-up clones instead of having unique move sets, the lack of returning characters, characters with potential like Daisy - she's the tomboy after all - or Waluigi - he needs to be in to complete the Mario Bros. rivals and because Waluigi does deserves more appearances like Daisy -, and characters with weapons not featured in SSB such as axe-wielders like Hector or Greil even if Greil was just Ike, but with different Specials and some different other moves and animations since his dominant arm was self-crippled - Greil taught Ike and the Black Knight how to fight - or pole-arm users like Ephraim who uses a spear or Hyrule Warriors's Impa who can use a naginata.

The stuff like Dr. Luigi and cat suits for Peach and Rosalina were jokes and a little humor was thrown with the Wah-man too.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Hoo boy, where do I even begin...

let's see, oh yes. Clones. When you have stat modifiers, alternate moves and the wasted potential of alternate costumes, there really isn't any justification in my opinion of adding clones. F****** Dark Pit, his only discernable visual difference from Pit, designwise, are his colours, that's it.

And on the subject of costumes, so much wasted potential. No proper Medusa colours for Palutena, No shiny Charizard, Sonic's are still as awful as ever (I love using Sonic, but something's wrong when I think deviantart does a better selection of colours for Sonic than Sakurai). And then there's the actual alternate costumes, why does Project M do a better job with them than Sora/Namco?

The roster, I'm sorry but not a single newcomer has really attracted me, a few look interesting to play as but I've never been excited over any of them.

Dr. Mario. Why does Sakurai insist on keeping FLUDD for regular Mario? Why couldn't they have simply made the Doctor a costume and the Tornado an alternate move? Seriously, his Final Smash is just a reskin of Mario's.

No Ridley or Mewtwo hurts, and the cuts from the roster are the worst yet, no Wolf (I love him in Brawl), no Lucas, no Ice Climbers (the worst of the cuts)

The Final Smashes. Sonic got nerfed badly, Giga Bowser and Donkey Konga are as useless as ever. Why the F*** does Falco still have the landmaster!? So many chances to change things up, improve on stuff, but noooo we can't have any of that now, can we!?

The Stage selection sickens me, five Mario stages (and one of them is the awful mushroomy kingdom), and bad retro stages instead of new ones for some franchises.

Both the CSS and the SSS are a mess, clone corner? What's stopping them from being with their respective franchises? (as much as I dislike clones, I still feel it shouldn't have been arranged this way on the CSS)

No target test is disappointing, would have added some more replay value. (plus I want the targets theme from Melee to return, it's the best track in the entire series)

There's probably more but that's all I can think of at the top of my head.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
don't see a reason to still complain about clones in Smash nowadays. they've always been here so don't be surprised.

Overall I don't really have any disappointments.

Only disappointments is Smash fans need to stop complaining about clones and get over it. I'll be honest if you know you've mained a clone character I don't see a reason for you to complain at all about the Doc and Dark Pit, It's Sakurai so just suck it up and move on.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
-Dark Pit.
-The bias in general. I dare Sakurai to come out and say he had trouble finding as much content as he did with Kid Icarus with DK and Star Fox.
-The cuts, obviously. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake? Expected. Ice Climbers? Sucks, but Sakurai DID say he was having difficulties with them, and also Duck Hunt is probably a better NES era representative. But Wolf and Lucas? **** no. Not okay.
-No Mewtwo? NO MEWTWO?!
-I find myself not caring for a lot of the newcomers. Even after all this time since E3 2013, I HATE the addition of Wii Fit Trainer. Such an undeserving character in my opinion.
-Stage selection. Duplicate Mega Man stage, no new stages for MULTIPLE franchises, and atrocious returning stages.
-No K. Rool.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
Mained a clone character, what are you talking about?

My main gripe with clones is that they're a lazy way to add content without much work put into them. And don't tell us to suck it up, you may no be disappointed but we are. Just because Sakurai decided that was how it would be does not mean everybody has to like it. We as individuals decide for ourselves whether we like or dislike certain aspects of the game on an individual basis.

And personally, there's been a lot of design choices I like, but far too many that I don't like which I have judged for myself to be enough reason to forgo the 3DS version and just wait for the Wii-U version. I don't find the 3DS version to have enough lasting appeal to be worth a purchase, this could change but only if there's something worthwile (IMO) added later down the road like DLC characters/stages/other content.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
-Dark Pit.
-The bias in general. I dare Sakurai to come out and say he had trouble finding as much content as he did with Kid Icarus with DK and Star Fox.
-The cuts, obviously. Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Snake? Expected. Ice Climbers? Sucks, but Sakurai DID say he was having difficulties with them, and also Duck Hunt is probably a better NES era representative. But Wolf and Lucas? **** no. Not okay.
-No Mewtwo? NO MEWTWO?!
-I find myself not caring for a lot of the newcomers. Even after all this time since E3 2013, I HATE the addition of Wii Fit Trainer. Such an undeserving character in my opinion.
-Stage selection. Duplicate Mega Man stage, no new stages for MULTIPLE franchises, and atrocious returning stages.
-No K. Rool.
As a lot of people have said. Developers may have extra time to add characters (likely clones) and mainly clones thanks for them not needing to have any new animations. As said Mewtwo is overrated. I'd rather have some pokemon that actually get to have a chance. but it's your opinion so no hard feelings.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Hoo boy, where do I even begin...

let's see, oh yes. Clones. When you have stat modifiers, alternate moves and the wasted potential of alternate costumes, there really isn't any justification in my opinion of adding clones. F****** Dark Pit, his only discernable visual difference from Pit, designwise, are his colours, that's it.

And on the subject of costumes, so much wasted potential. No proper Medusa colours for Palutena, No shiny Charizard, Sonic's are still as awful as ever (I love using Sonic, but something's wrong when I think deviantart does a better selection of colours for Sonic than Sakurai). And then there's the actual alternate costumes, why does Project M do a better job with them than Sora/Namco?

The roster, I'm sorry but not a single newcomer has really attracted me, a few look interesting to play as but I've never been excited over any of them.

Dr. Mario. Why does Sakurai insist on keeping FLUDD for regular Mario? Why couldn't they have simply made the Doctor a costume and the Tornado an alternate move? Seriously, his Final Smash is just a reskin of Mario's.

No Ridley or Mewtwo hurts, and the cuts from the roster are the worst yet, no Wolf (I love him in Brawl), no Lucas, no Ice Climbers (the worst of the cuts)

The Final Smashes. Sonic got nerfed badly, Giga Bowser and Donkey Konga are as useless as ever. Why the F*** does Falco still have the landmaster!? So many chances to change things up, improve on stuff, but noooo we can't have any of that now, can we!?

The Stage selection sickens me, five Mario stages (and one of them is the awful mushroomy kingdom), and bad retro stages instead of new ones for some franchises.

Both the CSS and the SSS are a mess, clone corner? What's stopping them from being with their respective franchises? (as much as I dislike clones, I still feel it shouldn't have been arranged this way on the CSS)

No target test is disappointing, would have added some more replay value. (plus I want the targets theme from Melee to return, it's the best track in the entire series)

There's probably more but that's all I can think of at the top of my head.
Project M does alternates better because they're not on a deadline and can add however many mundane details they want. Besides, the majority of their alts can be found on the Brawl Vault.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
Mained a clone character, what are you talking about?

My main gripe with clones is that they're a lazy way to add content without much work put into them. And don't tell us to suck it up, you may no be disappointed but we are. Just because Sakurai decided that was how it would be does not mean everybody has to like it. We as individuals decide for ourselves whether we like or dislike certain aspects of the game on an individual basis.

And personally, there's been a lot of design choices I like, but far too many that I don't like which I have judged for myself to be enough reason to forgo the 3DS version and just wait for the Wii-U version. I don't find the 3DS version to have enough lasting appeal to be worth a purchase, this could change but only if there's something worthwile (IMO) added later down the road like DLC characters/stages/other content.
As I said in my last post developers may have extra time to add clones characters thanks to them not needing much work and it's basically copy and paste thus the reason I see Dr.Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina in the game. Your opinion, I'm just saying that I have some problems with a few Smash fans when they complain about clones but again your opinion so no hard feelings.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Honestly, I can't think of anything that I'm disappointed about. I have found the game to be absolutely amazing thus far. I didn't think I'd ever like anything more than Melee, but alas, I was wrong. [Shrugs] Then again, I only have the demo at the moment.

I'm a little bummed out that Isaac won't be showing up, but I'll get over it eventually.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
While I do hope Sakurai hears what we need and want (Lucas, Wolf, etc.) but I'm not sure if he himself should read Smashboards... he might feel personally attacked XD In all seriousness, there's no way they're going to ignore the overwhelming fan outcry for the inclusion of all these highly sought after characters as DLC, or just added in an update. Hopefully they also patch the blast zones as well, but I like the look of the ground game being competitive here.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I'm a little disappointed about a lot of things, but they character choices are the only things that I'm really "mad" about.
1.The fact that Pokemon, Mother, and Starfox dropped in representation is majorly disappointing.
2. Sakurai finds a solution to clones with Alf's situation, and he adds a useless clone in Dark Pit, and cuts Wolf and Lucas when they were less of clones than anyone else. I would understand if Falco and Ganondorf had stayed as slots, but apparently clones are normal now :/. The worst part is that Alf had potential and Dark Pit could have used different KIU weapons and moves.
3. The Ice Climber, I can deal with cuts, but they were awesome. Unless they're WiiU exclusive Sakurai's gonna get a lot of hate mail.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
I'm a little disappointed about a lot of things, but they character choices are the only things that I'm really "mad" about.
1.The fact that Pokemon, Mother, and Starfox dropped in representation is majorly disappointing.
2. Sakurai finds a solution to clones with Alf's situation, and he adds a useless clone in Dark Pit, and cuts Wolf and Lucas when they were less of clones than anyone else. I would understand if Falco and Ganondorf had stayed as slots, but apparently clones are normal now :/. The worst part is that Alf had potential and Dark Pit could have used different KIU weapons and moves.
3. The Ice Climber, I can deal with cuts, but they were awesome. Unless they're WiiU exclusive Sakurai's gonna get a lot of hate mail.
Yeah, Ice Climbers are barely even Ice Climber series characters anymore. They're practically Smash Bros originals at this point. While I never really liked them, I will cry a single tear for their loss. It also seems like every Smash has at least one unique character or gag/gimmick character in it, and Snake was Brawl's. We don't need him again IMO. I was kind of hoping we wouldn't get gimmicks in this game, and so far I don't think we have really, but the cuts and some of the lamer newcomers like WFT are kind of disappointing to the fanbase. So glad they didn't try to cram in Gamepad controls... I wonder if Sakurai will feel willing to come back for the next Smash? I hope we haven't been to rough with him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
While I do hope Sakurai hears what we need and want (Lucas, Wolf, etc.) but I'm not sure if he himself should read Smashboards... he might feel personally attacked XD In all seriousness, there's no way they're going to ignore the overwhelming fan outcry for the inclusion of all these highly sought after characters as DLC, or just added in an update. Hopefully they also patch the blast zones as well, but I like the look of the ground game being competitive here.
That's nothing compared to what Tameem Antoniades got. The man had death threats plastered everywhere and it still continues today with overall hatred towards him despite Capcom insisting that Ninja Theory drastically change Devil May Cry. Capcom didn't get much flak even after the revelation, but Tameem Antoniades and Ninja Theory still gets hate from fans of Devil May Cry. This of course made Tameem jaded and venomous since he'd bark back at times when he was fed up - you'd be too if everyone accused you of inserting yourself in a game just because your hair coincidentally matches the concept character's and not to mention the countless hate mail, tweets, post, death threats, and trolls who just wanted to make him look even worse.

At least Sakurai hasn't gotten any death threats. Backlash yes, but nothing Tameem got.

Last edited:

cutelittleoshawott

Smash Cadet
Is you Avatar Blue/Green?

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Yeah, Ice Climbers are barely even Ice Climber series characters anymore. They're practically Smash Bros originals at this point. While I never really liked them, I will cry a single tear for their loss. It also seems like every Smash has at least one unique character or gag/gimmick character in it, and Snake was Brawl's. We don't need him again IMO. I was kind of hoping we wouldn't get gimmicks in this game, and so far I don't think we have really, but the cuts and some of the lamer newcomers like WFT are kind of disappointing to the fanbase. So glad they didn't try to cram in Gamepad controls... I wonder if Sakurai will feel willing to come back for the next Smash? I hope we haven't been to rough with him.
Idk really I do want snake back along the line somehow, he was so darn unique. He was a freaking trap character in smash bros. and the fact he was so realistic set him apart as well, it will be a shame if sakurai ignores the fans wanting him back as DLC. (You would be surprised how many people got into smash because they heard about snake, then there is the fact he was so good in brawl and that just makes the cut worse.)

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
You can't punish them grabbing ledge, you can't hold ledge to stuff their recovery.... what's the point of even having grabbable ledges in smash anymore? The ledge just seems like a useless feature in smash 4. Maybe it's good for some characters who have good edge getup attacks or something. That's about all I've seen so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom