• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS SSB3D Disappointments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/237530-...mash-bros-wii-u-3ds-as-well-as-release-dates\

"with Ice Climbers unlikely to have another installment in their franchise, high priority wasn't given to them."

Oh yeah, but Dark Pit, from a game that Sakurai said was a one off was high priority enough. Even if that logic made sense, that means ROB, Captain Falcon, G&W, and Duck Hunt should be gone too.
What garbage if sakurai doesnt fix this roster then he is a washed up hack. He could have cut all 3 of the clones to spend more time on Ic's to get them to work.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Regarding Ice Climbers:
There wasn’t as high a priority given to series that are unlikely to have another installment at this time.
I don't know if I'm more upset that Ice Climbers: Uprising still doesn't exist or that they got shafted BECAUSE Ice Climbers: Uprising doesn't exist (shut up, it makes sense).
Also, if those unlikely to have future games get lesser priority, why does Captain Falcon get a trailer reveal when most veterans didn't? (F-Zero Wii U confirmed?)

Also disappointed that Dark Pit's entrance isn't him breaking out of the Mirror of Truth. Not enough Sakurai Bias there?

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
The only complaint I have is that the damn game isnt here in the USA yet.

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I still want a Japanese Voice Option from Melee, Though I understand that putting 2x voice files for a lot of characters in a single cart may be hard. DLC? I'd pay for that.

The clones I don't mind since they are extra and don't affect the potential newcomers unless there was some weird bug that would break another character from a clone, which doesn't exist.

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
Why not cut all them swordfighters and Falco right with that statement.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Okey, now my disappointments is Peach's Final Smash (Like Forreal Samurai?), No Online Smash Run (I can live without though), and the Final Destination theme. It's very lackluster. At least the Master Core theme makes up for it.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Ganondorf is only half a clone.
Same for Falco.
Thye still are clones though. Anyways, I would cut Dr. Mario and 'Black' Pit for Ice Climbers though (Although clones take up little time compared to unique characters like the Ice Climbers).

Last edited:

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I would only want Lucina and Dark Pit to be less clones, So much wasted potential with the both of them.
But I will play them otherwise.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I would only want Lucina and Dark Pit to be less clones, So much wasted potential with the both of them.
But I will play them otherwise.
Wasted Potential indeed. At least Pittoo's final smash is different (from Pit's).

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
What garbage if sakurai doesnt fix this roster then he is a washed up hack. He could have cut all 3 of the clones to spend more time on Ic's to get them to work.
Wow, you are literally on every single complaint thread around here. Anyways, the roster is easily the best of the series with both quality and quantity.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Wow, you are literally on every single complaint thread around here. Anyways, the roster is easily the best of the series with both quality and quantity.
Really? Hmm...and I agree that the roster is the best in the series.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I still want a Japanese Voice Option from Melee, Though I understand that putting 2x voice files for a lot of characters in a single cart may be hard. DLC? I'd pay for that.
Not really. Awakening had Japanese voice option as well. They can totally put it here. It's not like they're at memory limit with just 2.1 GB.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Not really. Awakening had Japanese voice option as well. They can totally put it here. It's not like they're at memory limit with just 2.1 GB.
I would have to try the Japanese voice option soon. The curiosty is real for me.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I know right! I feel like everyone else is disappointing while I am soaking in a lot of character variety. I tend to try not to think about the clones.
Well, the clones aren't really bad. They took little time to make, so no biggie for me when it comes to them. Plus, i'll be maining one (Lucina, along with others).

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Well, the clones aren't really bad. They took little time to make, so no biggie for me when it comes to them. Plus, i'll be maining one (Lucina, along with others).
Yeah, I might try out Dr. Mario here and there, I don't get people who think Sakurai could have magically converted them to Mewtwo or Ridley.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Of course you do...
Metroid got 1 new rep, Mario got a new rep and lost a clone, Zelda got a new rep and lost one, Pokemon lost 2 but gained 4, Stafox gained 1, Donkey Kong gained 1, 2 new kirby reps, fe got a newcomer and lost one, earthbound got a newcomer, 2 retros, 2 3rd party characters and 1 brand new series. Out of the cuts only 1 was unique and substantial with Mewtwo. Brawls roster was amazing and fair. Only the foolish complained (and ridley/mewtwo fans).

39 - 22 (Pure Clones arent used as counting towards melee's roster)

Net Gain 17 more characters

1 unique character lost

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Metroid got 1 new rep, Mario got a new rep and lost a clone, Zelda got a new rep and lost one, Pokemon lost 2 but gained 4, Stafox gained 1, Donkey Kong gained 1, 2 new kirby reps, fe got a newcomer and lost one, earthbound got a newcomer, 2 retros, 2 3rd party characters and 1 brand new series. Out of the cuts only 1 was substantial with Mewtwo. Brawls roster was amazing and fair. Only the foolish complained (and ridley/mewtwo fans).
Brawl's roster was pretty good, but it sure wasn't superiror. Smash 4 has the best roster by far.

TTYK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EJ_Locke
Metroid got 1 new rep, Mario got a new rep and lost a clone, Zelda got a new rep and lost one, Pokemon lost 2 but gained 4, Stafox gained 1, Donkey Kong gained 1, 2 new kirby reps, fe got a newcomer and lost one, earthbound got a newcomer, 2 retros, 2 3rd party characters and 1 brand new series. Out of the cuts only 1 was substantial with Mewtwo. Brawls roster was amazing and fair. Only the foolish complained (and ridley/mewtwo fans).
I guess you dont like trying out new characters, do you... I personally with there were more clones that had their own spot like Shadow, Alph, Dark Link, AND %1000000 Dark Samus. I think this is true for both Brawl and SSB4. The Brawl roster is not very diverse in terms of gameplay. SSB4 seems to be quite different from that.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Brawl's roster was pretty good, but it sure wasn't superiror. Smash 4 has the best roster by far.
Lets compare Mario got 3 new reps, Pokemon got 1 lost 2, Kid icarus got 2 new reps, Fire Emblem got 2 new reps, 2 new 3rd parties -1 reps, Starfox loses -1 rep, Earthbound loses -1 rep, 1 new retro -1 retro, 3 custom characters, 4 new series reps. All 7 cuts were unique characters.

Yea this roster sure is fair and balanced :rolleyes: The data speaks for itself.

48 - 39

Net gain: 6 characters

7 unique character cuts (including mewtwo)

I guess you dont like trying out new characters, do you... I personally with there were more clones that had their own spot like Shadow, Alph, Dark Link, AND %1000000 Dark Samus. I think this is true for both Brawl and SSB4. The Brawl roster is not very diverse in terms of gameplay. SSB4 seems to be quite different from that.
Brawls roster was plenty diverse. I like new characters for all series not just a dis-proportioned lot.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What disappoints me about this game? The lack of one of my mains Wolf. I really enjoy playing as the villains in smash bros ( With the exception of Captain Falcon) Now there is a rumor going around that characters like Mewtwo, Dixie, Chorus men, Ridley, and Impa will be playable in the Wii U version and transferable to the 3ds version. Sadly Wolf doesn't seem to be there. After looking at how his trophy uses his assault model instead of his brawl one makes me fear he could have been cut early on or not planned at all. Or it could hint that he's DLC due to the absence of his brawl model. Wolf's cut though will feel worse if this rumor is true though. Think about it. Bowser, Ganondorf, Ridley, Mewtwo, King Dedede, Wario, Bowser jr. (and Koopalings),and Meta Knight ( Dark Pit does not count as a villain plus I feel he's less evil than Dedede), but no Wolf. This leak waould also mean Star Fox gets hurt the most this game. Mario 7 reps, DK 3 reps, Zelda 6 reps, Metroid 3 reps, Kirby 3 reps, Pokemon 6 reps, Kid Icarus 3 reps, Star Fox 2 reps. With a new star fox game coming out for Wii u and wolf being in the game ( According to people whom played the game) Why is he cut. Sakurai knows about all the games that are developed behind the scenes at Nintendo. This also means no Wolf amiibo for smash bros. Plus his new remixed theme in this game makes me feel down right depressed ( though I'll save that for a different topic.) DLC is possible in this iteration of smash bros, So if Wolf isn't playable in some way shape or form, I and most of the Wolf fans will feel very Dishonored by you Sakurai. You would be creating another Mewtwo if you cut Wolf completely from this game. I really wanted to hear how cool he would sound if he had his voice from Star fox 64 3d ( If that was even a possibility). Also we can't play smash run or explore the other cool modes of this game as Wolf. Never fight Master Core as Wolf. Lose a true Nintendo All star and probably the most Bad*** villain/antihero smash bros has ever gotten. Please understand and make Wolf playable in Smash bros Wii U/3ds. If its DLC I'll buy it day one. It feels awful to have all these cool and creative newcomers and be able to fight them with all of Wolf's original and unique A moves. A popular and quotable character (quotable more then possibly even Mario) from our childhood was the last addition to Brawl and now you take him away. I really hope he is playable in this game whether it be Wii u transfer or DLC. I really don't want to have to wait and hope he'll be playable again in the next smash bros ( if there is one, but its too early now ). Some people really feel like you just treated their favorite character like crap. Its hard when clones like Lucina, Dr. Mario, and especially Dark Pit are in. I and many others want to enjoy this game to the fullest and I can't do that without Wolf. When newcomers don't make it in its upsetting, but not as bad as having a character that was playable in a previous installment get cut. I can understand that roster cuts happen and some are OK, but cutting Wolf is unacceptable and very dishonoring towards his fans and Star Fox fans. Now if you are currently working on making Wolf playable then kudos to you Sakurai, but if not make him DLC. I want to enjoy this game with all my favorite Nintendo characters in it please don't lower my overall satisfaction with Wolf's absence, I hope you make Wolf playable in this game Super Smash Bros for WII U and 3DS Sakurai. This is probably my only major complaint. In minor complaints Waluigi and Dillon are assist trophies, and Sami from advance wars doesn't seem to be playable. Sorry to drag on so long. Here's hoping to Wolf and any other possible cut veterans being playable in this iteration of smash bros. Happy smashing.

D

Deleted member 245254

Honestly don't know how anyone could still consider Falco a clone. It was certainly the case in Melee but once Brawl hit he became a very different character, and even more so now.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Honestly don't know how anyone could still consider Falco a clone. It was certainly the case in Melee but once Brawl hit he became a very different character, and even more so now.
Laaaaaandmastuuuuuuuurrrr

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
...Just found out that Dark Pit gets his own victory theme, too. So for the two 'pure clones who took no time at all to put in,' they get new specials, and DP also gets a victory theme and a new voiceover. Still, no time to put in characters requested by people outside Sakurai's house.

Honestly, I was hoping they would go ahead and also pull off the idea that all characters get their own victory theme, especially since I found out Rosalina and Bowser are. Nope, DP is the only other character special enough to get one. Not even Palutena could do that. Much less Zelda.

I will say, I found the Brawl roster fairer. Yeah, cuts have to be made, but it seems like there was no effort to keep some of the more cloney characters, especially with the Olimar/Alph dual costume idea. And if I were making the game and saw the number of people requesting Mewtwo return, I would make him a priority, not put him back in the 'if I get to it but probably won't' pile. And for all the people who want to rub it in our faces that Ridley is cut, I'd at least confirm his role earlier so that I don't end up leading the fanbase on and really disappointing them, so much that they may not get my game.

Originally, I was going to get both on principle. Now, after what Sakurai's pulled, I'm asking myself why I wanted the 3ds version, and I may just wait a bit longer to only get the WiiU version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom