• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ssb 4 day 2 tournament

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
If time runs out player with more stock wins
I think the question is if it's a draw on stocks. General rule is lower percentage wins, as sudden death is garbo.

Also with this big a tourney, I can't see how doing 2 out of 3 is feasible, especially for the streamer. Maybe for semis and such, but not for the whole thing.

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
I think the question is if it's a draw on stocks. General rule is lower percentage wins, as sudden death is garbo.

Also with this big a tourney, I can't see how doing 2 out of 3 is feasible, especially for the streamer. Maybe for semis and such, but not for the whole thing.
that works

ninjaclone09

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaclone09
3DS FC
3411-2166-3677
If time runs out player with more stock wins
What if they both have the same amount of stocks? Does the one with lower percent win?

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like this has already been answered. I still think 2 out of 3 should be a thing, at least for the finals in winners bracket.

Last edited:

Zhyrri

Smash Rookie
I think I forgot to post here
My FC is 1461-6200-8317
Characters Yoshi/Shulk
Raidcall: Xhyrri

Miruru

Smash Rookie
Characters: Link/Little Mac
FC: 3411-2886-1326

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm going to have to drop out. Unfortunately, I have other plans.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
I am droping out of this mainly just because I want to be able to do other things when smash 4 releases besides practicing 2 characters for most of the day. Good luck though with the tournament.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
tbh I think more should be banned, because some of them are just outright unfair.
True. I wish Magicant didn't have that bird thing, or wily's the yellow devil. I mean I like obstacles, it's just they take away so much from the fights in this new game that it's off putting.

ninjaclone09

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaclone09
3DS FC
3411-2166-3677
True. I wish Magicant didn't have that bird thing, or wily's the yellow devil. I mean I like obstacles, it's just they take away so much from the fights in this new game that it's off putting.
Yeah, I agree. In fact I'm gonna make a poll in hopes of changing OP's mind.

http://strawpoll.me/2682420

As for option 2, the list of allowed stages would be this(or something similar to it):

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Jungle Japes
  • Mute City
  • Prism Tower
  • Rainbow Road
  • Paper Mario
  • Tomodachi Life
  • Tortimer's Island
  • Arena Ferox

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Eh it's too early to be cutting stages IMHO.

Give people some time with the game first, 24 hrs. isn't enough to be censoring play.

Scrolling stages, sure okay, but not others.

It's a Day 2 Tourney, play-testing is a natural part of it in a sense. At least, non-restriction (to a point) is.

ninjaclone09

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaclone09
3DS FC
3411-2166-3677
With that logic, we might aswell allow equipment and items. It's still a tournament. I entered because I enjoy competition. If I wanted to test out the stages, I would do it on my own.

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
Okay, seems like this is full but if I could join I would love to be in it.

ninjaclone09

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaclone09
3DS FC
3411-2166-3677
I'm going to have to drop out. Unfortunately, I have other plans.
I am droping out of this mainly just because I want to be able to do other things when smash 4 releases besides practicing 2 characters for most of the day. Good luck though with the tournament.
Oh man, I'm extremely sorry about this but... I can't join. My mother want me to help with moving stuff from our house.
@ Treuce Treuce

You should be able to join considering how many people are dropping out. Gotta ask OP though

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
Do I need to message them directly or is posting here enough?

ninjaclone09

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaclone09
3DS FC
3411-2166-3677
Your call, I'd just wait for him to see your post. He may take a while to reply though.

Go on the waiting list on the challonge while you're at it

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Items already are in this Tournament.

And I said non-restricting *to a point*, most hosts are not allowing Equipment because from the onset it's felt too disruptive for balance purposes.

Whereas Custom Moves have been generally favored for their relatively minor affects on balance/properties in comparison.

Equipment, by popular opinion, has been ruled as much more divisive for the time-being & better to play-test in alternative settings. In other words, generally considered not conducive to Tournament Play from the get-go (as opposed to Custom Moves).

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Sure, I'll join.

I can play as any character I want right? I don't have to worry about what other people are playing.

Also why is it 2 stocks/8 mins? If you're going to make it 2 stocks just go for 5 min timer, otherwise do 3 stocks. 4 mins per stocks is an awfully long time and anybody camping for that long should just forfeit a match honestly. Well, it doesn't really matter that much anyways as most games will finish before the 4 minute mark.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
2 stock 5 min. is a good standard for Smash 4 IMO.

Stocks do tend to last longer with the extended blast zones & many fighters without a whole lot of KO potential.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
As for option 2, the list of allowed stages would be this(or something similar to it):

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Jungle Japes
  • Mute City
  • Prism Tower
  • Rainbow Road
  • Paper Mario
  • Tomodachi Life
  • Tortimer's Island
  • Arena Ferox
Voted for option 2, but under the pretense this would be for stages with obvious detrimental random elements like Wario Ware or Find Mii. Heavy hazard stages like Magicant, Wily's Castle, and Spirit Tracks are fine imo.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Voted for option 2, but under the pretense this would be for stages with obvious detrimental random elements like Wario Ware or Find Mii. Heavy hazard stages like Magicant, Wily's Castle, and Spirit Tracks are fine imo.
Really? I thought heavy hazard stages would be more important to drop than the random element stages, though they can be just as bad tbf.

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
there were never items allowed... misread, but it happens, just looking forward to some friendly competition in the new game at this point

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Really? I thought heavy hazard stages would be more important to drop than the random element stages, though they can be just as bad tbf.
I don't speak for everyone, but I think its the exact opposite. The rewards on Warioware are given randomly (you know if you're getting a reward, but have no clue what it is) and can sway matches. No amount of skill and training will change that. However, being able to avoid and abuse hazards is a skill which you can train.

Top Bottom