• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Break Social Salem, OR Tourney 03/28/07 Attention! CHANGES MADE!!!

brdy_

Smash Lord
Woah, I was reading through this thread again and the first time I read that I had no idea what goulash was and now I read it and I know what it is because we had it for dinner tonight. I was surprised, it was good.

EDIT:

Milk.
Milk the player? LOL!!~

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
How far is salem form portland cuz i guess i didnt really think about that when i said i would go

If it's not to far and i do go ill probably be to poor to MM anyone

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Ok thanks Doc thats not to bad i should be able to drive there and back same day no problem.

If anyone doesn't have a partner i might enter teams PM me or something if you want to partner up.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
Names Wrong lol

Zapy you Spelled it wrong fool it NXUS, Nexus or CS_Nexus, whats this NeXxus NonSence?

EDIT: Just Trained for Like 4 weeks with MadCatz... now using GC controller.
I can Finaly Tilt attack... sometimes =)

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
Attn

!! ACTUALLY ZAPDOS AND NOT EXODIA POASTING !!

ATTN:
Food List as follows:
Goldfish crackers
Juice
Pasta
Bread
Bosch and Asian Pears
Organic Apples
Goulash
Gespatcho (I will never remember how to spell this correctly)

Please suggest further items, PM me if possible.

IMPORTANT INFOS'D
Please do not wear red shirts as this will be the staff dress code.
Please DO wear a red shirt if you have consigned to help organize during the festivities.

It is of upmost importance that if you are available to bring ANY of these items that you bring them in the highest quantity that you can, so that things run smoothly and we can start on time and not have any delays. Please contact me if you can, or if you have any questions concerning supplies we need.
1. TVs
2. Gamecubes
3. Melee game discs + memory card
4. VCRs (ESPECIALLY)
5. VCR tapes
6. Chairs (folding chairs only please)
7. Red shirts (just in case)

There is plenty of parking kiddie corner from Gamer's Oasis at the West Salem Roth's. It is big and green/white. You should recognize it as it is a grocery chain exclusive to the north west.
Once more if you have ANY questions or suggestions IMMEDIATELY make them known to me and exodia via PM or this topic.

Please note that I do not have daily access to the internet and information will be relayed through telephone from exodia checking my account here. Exodia will continue to check this topic multiple times a day as the tournament draws closer so that we are best prepared.

LASTLY:

If you are at all
1. Experienced and
2. Willing to join the staff during this tourney please DO volunteer ASAP so that am not keeping track of possibly 70+ people with a fraction of that amount. This is of upmost priority to me so that we are not playing until 2:00am.

Thank you for reading all of this poast closely. I will continue to recruit locals.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
t0mmy and I are able to bring:

1 TV
1 GameCube
1 Super Smash Bros. Melee game disc
1 GCN Memory Card (with all characters/stages unlocked)
1 VCR
1 awesome Pichu
1 totally roxxorz Kirby

By the way, you don't have to have a memory card for each GCN. You can pull it out and load it into another GCN; it will continue to play, just that it won't be able to save game stats data.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
!! ACTUALLY ZAPDOS AND NOT EXODIA POASTING !!

2. Willing to join the staff during this tourney please DO volunteer ASAP so that am not keeping track of possibly 70+ people with a fraction of that amount. This is of upmost priority to me so that we are not playing until 2:00am.
That last part definitely caught my eye, you are going to have 70+ people at this event? How have you been advertising? I can bring a T.V., gamecube, Copy of Smash, VCR, possibly tapes. I actually might be able to bring 2 VCRs.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
t0mmy and I are able to bring:

1 TV
1 GameCube
1 Super Smash Bros. Melee game disc
1 GCN Memory Card (with all characters/stages unlocked)
1 VCR
1 awesome Pichu
1 totally roxxorz Kirby

By the way, you don't have to have a memory card for each GCN. You can pull it out and load it into another GCN; it will continue to play, just that it won't be able to save game stats data.
Of course. Thank you for your continued support of this tournament, I must say I truly appreciate it.
VCR's are a priority because I only have one as well ^^;
I will see what I can do though. I do have a swell collection of coaxle cables :D

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I can bring smash, a Cube, and maybe some tapes.

Also depending on what you need staff to do i could probably help if you need a few more staff members.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Wow Zapdos, you make some terrible music.

On a side note, there aren't even 70 people in all of Oregon, and out-of-staters are rare considering the well trained German Shepherds set up along all borders.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Rofl. Thank you for your "constructive" input.

On a side note, there aren't even 70 people in all of Oregon, and out-of-staters are rare considering the well trained German Shepherds set up along all borders.
I am not sure how many local non-hardcores are coming, but I am going to try as hard as I can to anticipate a larger amount so that I will be prepared for any situation.

Oh Kevin, if you are alright you can come naked, we're all okay with that kind of thing.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Car pool*

And yeah, you can probably come with me. I guess like if you could go to Jesse's on Tuesday (for a STD) or Wednesday morning then I can go the rest of the way. His address is in the TANG thread, the first one listed.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
That would be good.

I think i would just go to his house Wednesday morning and car pool from there, what time would you want me to get to his house?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Somewhere around two hours before the tournament starts, that way we can get there an hour early for warm-ups and friendlies.

Zapdos, I can handle all the bracket stuff if you want, mainly creating it and keeping it going for the most part.

We'll be bringing a TV with a VCR and one GCN unless you want us to bring more.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Somewhere around two hours before the tournament starts, that way we can get there an hour early for warm-ups and friendlies.

Zapdos, I can handle all the bracket stuff if you want, mainly creating it and keeping it going for the most part.

We'll be bringing a TV with a VCR and one GCN unless you want us to bring more.
I do not have a laptop and that would be perfectly splendid if I could entrust you Aftermath to the entire tournament's bracket direction. Please do send me a PM if you are sure you willing to do me such a big favor :D

Oh yes, Cs_Nexus wanted me to remind every one of the afterparty at our house (no minors, sorry kiddos D: )

I think I have 4-5 confirmed VCR's from attendees but I'll see if I can't get ahold of a few more for backups in case of complications. If possible I would like to have 8 in total so that we are fully prepared.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Nah, I'm only 18 as well, so we'll head back that night I guess.

Zapdos, making brackets is pretty easy, so yeah I'll definitely be able to do that for you.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Since when is being 18 considered being a minor?
Are miners allowed?
How about mariners?

Balloon

Smash Lord
Since when is being 18 considered being a minor?
Are miners allowed?
How about mariners?
How about clever? Is that allowed?

Idaho, are you guys sticking around for TANG 23.5? You better, cause I can't make this but I am going to TANG. I would attend this if I didn't have work the day of and the day after, and then I'd just stick around until the end of the weekend...

Tsiawd

Smash Rookie
I am in for the tournament, i am new here but will be driving in from Lincoln City. I saw that it was 60% going to the winner and 40% going to 2nd? Nothing for 3rd place and Is that after the store gets its money for hosting the location or are they letting us play for free? I havent seen a game store that can hold 40-70 people ever soo this place must be huge! I can bring in a Cube and Game but not sure if we'll need it, maybe i'll bring a power strip cuz sounds like nobody else is.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
I am in for the tournament, i am new here but will be driving in from Lincoln City. I saw that it was 60% going to the winner and 40% going to 2nd? Nothing for 3rd place and Is that after the store gets its money for hosting the location or are they letting us play for free? I havent seen a game store that can hold 40-70 people ever soo this place must be huge! I can bring in a Cube and Game but not sure if we'll need it, maybe i'll bring a power strip cuz sounds like nobody else is.

Yes....
Definitely bring a power strip because there are going to be so many gamecubes and televisions linked together.

Thank you Aftermath for you help, and I needed to know if you have a red shirt you could wear since you will be part of the staff.

The winnings will be split up between first and second place. I would like to give the store owner something for letting us use his electricity and everything. Would use guys object to him getting 10 percent? Say we have 30 people coming, would you guys object to giving him 30 dollars?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Quoted for truth,

Also why would who hold a tournament on a Wednesday? that just makes no sense besides the fact that it is on Spring break, when all of the miners get off school, and they can't even get housing. Also a lot of the older people have work.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Quoted for truth,

Also why would who hold a tournament on a Wednesday? that just makes no sense besides the fact that it is on Spring break, when all of the miners get off school, and they can't even get housing. Also a lot of the older people have work.

To answer your question...
The place where we are holding the tourney is always jammed packed on saturdays, and is least busy during the middle of the week.

Secondly, housing will be available to those of you who don't want to travel home at 11, or 12 at night, I will just have to talk it over with zapdos.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
I have a black shirt, and then one other slightly less black shirt. I am not one for variety in clothes, or unnecessary quantities of clothing items.

I'm pretty easy to find though, I answer to any name anyone says that I can hear.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I have a black shirt, and then one other slightly less black shirt. I am not one for variety in clothes, or unnecessary quantities of clothing items.

I'm pretty easy to find though, I answer to any name anyone says that I can hear.
he speaks the truth...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
This thread needs a bump since the tourney is tomorrow.

Tudios said he got the day off work, so mark him as confirmed, if you please.

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
MMs: Me vs. Exodia, Marth ditto 3 out of 5, I don't know how much we will be fighting for though
Duke: My Falco vs your Fox, Pokemon stadium best 2 out of 3, I think it was $2.
No more MMs for me, I don't have any money at all, except for the food.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I dont know the address i need to go to for the car pooling thing in the morning so if you could post that or something that would be cool aftermath.

Juce

Smash Ace
450 SE Cochran Dr
Sherwood, OR

I had told you it was in the TANG thread.

Post with when you'll be here.

EDIT** My phone number is 503-332-7425

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha, double poster! (points finger)

I tried to get Shin to come, but he said he's not coming to any more tournaments until Ganondorf has a Shine. Or maybe it was because of work, I can't remember too clearly because I was fighting ninjers at the time.

Top Bottom