• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Break Social Salem, OR Tourney 03/28/07 Attention! CHANGES MADE!!!

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
Planning is being finished for a social tournament hosted by my crew West Coast Fatties.

MM's will be tolerated!

503 339 0854
1087 Wallace RD DATE CHANGED!!!!!!! 3/28/07

TIME: Be there by 2:30 PM Tournament starts at 3pm

ENTRY FEE: $10 SINGLES and $10 per Team

PRIZES: Singles Cash prize: 60% for first 40% for second let me know if that's ok. Team Cash prize 100% for winning team

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
MODDED/TURBO CONTROLLERS ARE BANNED
COSMETIC CHANGES TO CONTROLLERS ARE ALLOWED (PAINT/DECAL)
Please PM me with any questions or suggestions.

INFORMATION ON SINGLES
8:00 MINUTE / 4 STOCK / NO ITEMS
NORMAL ROUNDS 2 out of 3
SEMIFINALS AND FINAL 3/5
DOUBLE ELIMINATION / LOSER'S BRACKET

Random Stages for Singles
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Banned Stages for Singles
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Fourside
Venom
Hyrule Temple
Big Blue
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar Depths
Icicle Mountain
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Mushroom Kingdom 1
Flatzone
Peach's Castle
Yoshi's Island 64
Onett
Great Bay

Additional Stage Rules
1. First Stage is chosen at random from the levels on the random list.
2. The loser of a match has the choice to select the next Stage as long as it's not on the banned list.
3. Only the loser of the previous match may change characters at the beginning of the next match.
4. After each game of a match, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
5.For the first game of a match, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Additional Rules
1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Needs:We need 10 chairs, at least 1 more t.v, and 3 copies of melee, 3 memory cards, and 2 gamecubes.

Attendees so far: (would like to have 10-15 people at the least)
Exodia
Zapdos
Duke
Doc holiday
NeXxus
Timmy
Tommy
Aftermath
Battlechrist
Juce
Tudios

Balloon

Smash Lord
Why don't you increase singles to $10 and make a teams tourney ($5 each person)? You would get a much better turnout, and people from down here in Grants Pass would probably show up.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
I would, but we haven't got the time for a singles and a team tournament. The singles tournament has been changed to 4:00pm because I realize people have school. I know that there are some Salem smashers out there. Let me know if you are coming.

Considering the entry fee portion: I can not make it $10 dollars due to the location. It is under the terms of us using the store that the price is set. The finals will tentatively be on the big screen he has in the back. The prizes will vary from store credit to games.
Please note that we WILL consider any suggestions that you bring up, however we will not always be able to accommodate everyone equally.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Why don't you increase singles to $10 and make a teams tourney ($5 each person)? You would get a much better turnout, and people from down here in Grants Pass would probably show up.
Haven't you heard? Oregon is poor! Even the TANGs were lowered to $5 for singles because nobody could afford a measly $10.
I don't think this is a cash prize tournament anyway, so if you want to pay $10 for a chance at winning store credit or a game instead of $5, then go for it. But I'd really like to see a doubles event!

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
Hey Zapdos, me, all my friends, and Duke will be there. Yes, I SAID DUKE!!!!! Everyone, show up to this so Duke's mom can meet you guys so he can go to future TANGS!

Vinnie275

Smash Master
My aim screename is aaroncombs2004, so IM me for any changes you'd like to see. I have Duke helping me set this up, and I would like to have Timmy and Tommy help me since they are the tournament running geniuses.

First thing I need to know is how many people are planning on attending?
Can anyone offer carpools?
Second thing I need to know: Is the rule set alright? This is my first tournament, and I want it to be as organized as possible.

I would like to add that since Salem is a neutral site, I figure it accommodates everyone's location needs. I will provide as much food and refreshments as possible. There is also a store right next to the game store we are at, and there is a pizza combo deal for anyone playing games next door. It includes 3 slices of pizza(big slices), and a 44oz drink(unlimited refills) for $3.50. It's a reasonable price if anyones really hungry.

Anyway, let me know all suggestions you have. I am open to change as long as it's for the better of the tourney.

P.s: Timmy and Tommy, Do you think it's possible to record the matches? I would love to get Salem on the map for tourneys!

Doc_Holiday

Smash Ace
OMG this rocks, Duke and I will be going obviously, some of my friends will go but I don't know how many due to the cost. Everything looks good, I agree with the rules, some other OR people might not though. I can bring in a T.V., GCN, 2 memory cards, and a copy of melee if it would be of any help. Good price for Pizza and a drink too, that is a huge drink.

T0MMY

Smash Master
This sounds a little better now that there's a Teams tourney as well.
If there's vegan refreshments that increases Eugene's attendance drastically. And if we come we will most likely bring Cube, TV, Smash, and chairs.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
This sounds a little better now that there's a Teams tourney as well.
If there's vegan refreshments that increases Eugene's attendance drastically. And if we come we will most likely bring Cube, TV, Smash, and chairs.
I can be coerced into cooking stir-fry goulash and gespatcho if you bring some extra tofu.

The downtown of Salem is not a mile from the location and is home to a variety of vegan eat-a-ways.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I dunno if I'll be able to go with you if you go, Bart. I have a dentist appointment that morning. Tournament on a Wednesday = teh weird.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Yeah I just noticed that it was a wednesday, so I probably have work. Tang is the following weekend, however...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sorry I just now got around to replying to this. School has managed to keep me busy somehow this term. V_V

The 28th will probably be fine for me as Finals will be over with and I'll want to play lots of Smash. I'm just going to go ahead and confirm t0mmy and my attendance and I'll see if any other Eugenites can make it (Shin, Tudios, Jrad, Kefka aka Josh2, Ronin, and Scott). If they can come, they can carpool with us.

Vegan food doesn't have to be fancy, but goulash and gaspacho sounds good.

Hm, what else...

Oh, you can just copy/paste the tournament rules from SF:E for Oregon rules. They're MLG rules re-written to look nice and read more clearly.

If you want matches recorded, you'll have to have at least one VCR to hook up and a VHS tape. From there I guess you could coerce me into putting them online since by that time I won't be swamped with C++ homework.

Oh, and by candy, do you mean apples and pears?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You should add t0mmy, BattleCrist, and me to the list since we've posted our attendance an stuff.

There should be at least one pear. Bosc, preferably.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Don't feed the vegans. No matter what you give them, they just complain and make weird inside jokes. Srsly.

But yeah, I might be able to come to this, since I just now realized that it's Salem and not Bend, and like, you're Zapdos and not Zodiac. Good to see that you're still poasting like a pro.

So, I'll be there probably with a couple others.

I challenge everyone there to a minimum $1 MM. Especially Duke.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Don't feed the vegans. No matter what you give them, they just complain and make weird inside jokes.
Funny, that's the same way omnivores/carnivores act.

And I also mandate a Duke money match... for everybody. Just cuz he's missed 100% of all the other tournaments. That, and it will give him the chance to pull 0 -> death combos with Falcon on everyone.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I would like to go to this but i have to start working on spring break teaching little kiddies lego robotics yay how fun i gets to mess around and do nothing until one of them bothers me in which case I'll say, "Will you go to hell you peice of garbage!"- Robot Chiken.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Hey it's Exodia,

Alright so vegetables are a given, but Zapdos and I would like to know any other snack items that we should buy when we make a field trip to Winco.

Aftermath, it's great to see that your coming. Is anyone else from Portland coming? Yes, I will MM you after i get through my 500 other MM's.

We should have a Carnivore vs. Vegan team match. I get to be bowser, and Timmy you get Yoshi! Bwaahhaa

Oh, and Doc holiday.....
The strippers and beer will be in the back room

but you have to be 21 to get in =p

Rhea

Smash Cadet
<--------- Duke on sister's account.

I almost forgot, timmy, I promised to make steamed asparagus give to you for the first time we meet. Also, I never did/am not guaranteeing any 0%-death combos with Falcon, especially if your character is not a fast faller.

I'm like 90% confirmed there is still a small chance I might not go.

EDIT: I can bring the 10 chairs, a TV, a gamecube, a memory card, and copy of melee

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Exodia, Bowser vs Yoshi? I'd accept, but Yoshi is an omnivore, not a vegan.

Duke, I forgot about the asparagus. XD And anyone can 0->death Kirby, even Kirby can, so no Johns.

Zapdos, don't count Duke as confirmed until you see him at the tournament. lol.

Rhea

Smash Cadet
Haha, Doc, we already talked about this.

It's "your" not "you're".

Rhea

Smash Cadet
<-----------------Duke

For those that didn't see my secret appearance at TANG you get to have another chance at this one. I'm most definitely coming to this. Also, I'm definitely promising a better performance from me. Jesse we got to do another falcon ditto for a quarter.

Also, if I didn't already say, I can bring 10 chairs, a TV, gamecube and a memory card.

Rhea

Smash Cadet
Vegan food doesn't have to be fancy, but goulash and gaspacho sounds good.

Woah, I was reading through this thread again and the first time I read that I had no idea what goulash was and now I read it and I know what it is because we had it for dinner tonight. I was surprised, it was good.

EDIT:

Zapdos said:
Know one has posted any food items, or cold drinks you would like to see at the tournament. Please do.... I encourage it. (evil laughter)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Wait 'till you have gaspacho!
Mmmm...
As far as I'm concerned about food, dried fruits, various nuts, and avocado sushi would be good. Make Digital Watches bring more ginger brew. He wins.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Duke, you're still required to mm everybody at this tournament. Mwa ha ha ha!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Avocado sushi is ********, bland, and pointless. If you listen to the vegans on food, no one will eat it and Jesse will get sick again.

Buy bread (french or something similarly shaped) and pasta, possibly rice. Everyone eats it, it's cheap, and super easy to make.

I like being bitter for no reason.

Tommy/Doc/Duke/Idaho, Money Match?

Top Bottom