• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Regular Mewtwo looks so awesome! I just preordered Pokken yesterday so I should have the Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo card but regular 'Two just looks so much better.

EDIT: one thing about the video that did irritate me was that the guy who played Mewtwo would always spam that long range beam attack. I know the game is new but it's got tutorials built in.
Long ranged beam is Hyper Beam. Just like how kids used to spam it back in the day...

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Yep. In Japanese, it's "daimonji" with "dai" meaning big. The kanji is written in the way it's portrayed.
But, but.... ok, I guess you're right.... but "Fire" would've been cooler.

Regular Mewtwo gameplay in Pokken. He looks way cooler (imo) than Shadow Mewtwo and has a more fitting voice.

THANK YOU! I've been wanting to see that....
I already don't like Charizard's model in that game.... but I really dislike Mewtwo's, like, REALLY....
Let's all petition Bandai so we can unlock the Sm4sh models by having the game's save file on our Wii U, like, PLEASE, that needs to happen....
I also didn't like Mewtwo's moveset.... although his Ultra/X-Ray/Final Smash/Ultimate Jutsu/whatever is still cool.... what move was that anyway? Mega Punch?
Well, at least the game still has Char and Blaziken too.... and at least the later looks super cool....
Oh, and I will totally be maining the Eeveelutions assist too :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People who adore Porygon2 like me think it would be pretty OK, actually. I already use one on nearly every team I use.
What about people who don't like Porgyon2, though? Screw them? I mean, I use Sableye on a ton of teams,
but I'm not arguing that everyone else should just so that we can unban Mega Kangaskhan.
And the most common complaint about Smogon is "I only ever see the same few Pokemon!"
By contrast, those gen 5 genies are so ugly, lazily designed, and overpowered that I just can't stand seeing them all the time. Some people love those things! Some people would be genuinely upset if they all were banished, but I'd be elated to never have to see their ugly mugs again.
Personal taste in Pokemon design is a horrible, horrible way to decide which ones to ban.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Remember when we thought Hyper Beam was good? Those were the days of innocence...
Well, back in Gen I, Hyper Beam was really good because if you KO'd someone with it, you wouldn't have to wait the 1 turn to recharge. And seriously, what Pokemon around 50% HP was living a Hyper Beam from a Mewtwo?

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Well, back in Gen I, Hyper Beam was really good because if you KO'd someone with it, you wouldn't have to wait the 1 turn to recharge. And seriously, what Pokemon around 50% HP was living a Hyper Beam from a Mewtwo?
Oh, I know that in Gen 1 Hyper Beam was a serious force to be reckoned with. Since Special hadn't been split and Hyper Beam was considered a 'physical' move in that game, iirc, it worked fantastically with the likes of Gyarados, Mewtwo and Dragonite.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rock-types are resistant to Hyper Beam, however, while Ghost-types are immune to it as a whole. That has not changed at all throughout the generations, but once Hyper Beam became a special attack, Giga Impact pretty much took over as its physical counterpart.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
Rock-types are resistant to Hyper Beam, however, while Ghost-types are immune to it as a whole. That has not changed at all throughout the generations, but once Hyper Beam became a special attack, Giga Impact pretty much took over as its physical counterpart.
Can Gyarados learn Giga Impact?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm thinking about picking up Sonic as a co-main. I used him a bit today and he is alot of fun. I even figured some of his silly spindash techs while playing.

My Shiek is pretty fierce too but I don't know if I want her as a main with Mewtwo.....kinda removes the point of using him :l.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
DON'T DO IT! Didn't you see my tier list? Sonic is evil, man. Today, you main him, tomorrow, he will be taking his revenge on humanity and Nintendo by destroying all the gaming industry with mobile games.... all while making unpunishable moves all over the stage the whole game without giving you even a little hope of hitting him once.
He is evil, EVIL!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
DON'T DO IT! Didn't you see my tier list? Sonic is evil, man. Today, you main him, tomorrow, he will be taking his revenge on humanity and Nintendo by destroying all the gaming industry with mobile games.... all while making unpunishable moves all over the stage the whole game without giving you even a little hope of hitting him once.
He is evil, EVIL!
But, but......I wanna go fast. ;-;

I may, I may not. Right now my Shiek is way better and killing with Sonic is kind of a chore at the moment. I think he is alot more fun than Shiek though. Shiek feels like the literal queen of Sm4sh. It almost makes me regret even picking her as a character because of how good she is.

Sonic on the other hand has some clear issues and for some foolish reason I enjoy that.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
And the most common complaint about Smogon is "I only ever see the same few Pokemon!"
What is this straw man? lol No one was saying that at all. At least not in this discussion.

Personal taste in Pokemon design is a horrible, horrible way to decide which ones to ban.
Yes, I agree. I'm not seriously advocating for banning Landorus because it was poorly designed... I'm merely saying that I don't like using Landorus so I wouldn't mind if it got banned.

"Porygon2 is my best option but I don't want to be forced to use it," to me, is the same exact kind of whining I might do about Landorus: "Landorus might be my best option, but it's ugly and I don't want to use it." So I don't use it, and I never complain if I lose because I don't use it. Likewise, if you hated using Skarmory in Gen 2/3 and you didn't use it, you were going to lose more often than if you used Skarmory. Skarmory was required to check/counter the best physical attackers, much like Porygon2 trivializes Greninja (and a bunch of other Pokemon like Heatran). It's the same thing, people.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
But, but.... ok, I guess you're right.... but "Fire" would've been cooler.

THANK YOU! I've been wanting to see that....
I already don't like Charizard's model in that game.... but I really dislike Mewtwo's, like, REALLY....
Let's all petition Bandai so we can unlock the Sm4sh models by having the game's save file on our Wii U, like, PLEASE, that needs to happen....
I also didn't like Mewtwo's moveset.... although his Ultra/X-Ray/Final Smash/Ultimate Jutsu/whatever is still cool.... what move was that anyway? Mega Punch?
Well, at least the game still has Char and Blaziken too.... and at least the later looks super cool....
Oh, and I will totally be maining the Eeveelutions assist too :p
The only thing I don't like about it is how shiny he looks. Like he has smooth skin. I've never really seen him as the the type that has skin. Fur makes more sense.

I think why he looks the way he does is because they had to give him a body more suited to fighting as it's a fighting game and he uses physical moves rather than psychic. His stomach is slimmer and his legs are long and lean.

He looks OK I guess. I think his tail is too short though, should be longer

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I agree that Mewtwo looks weird in Pokken. For me, it's the eyes. The eyes are the worst thing. The shiny skin is a weird choice, but they did consult the Pokémon Company on what kind of textures to use for the Pokémon, so...

In any case, for me, I'm very impressed by Mewtwo's play style and moves, more than anything else.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Have to agree with Metallinatus and Animouse here.
The "realistic approach" really doesn't suit pokemon at all.
It may look "cool" in fanarts and the sorts, but it really bothers me in Pokken.

Mewtwo just doesn't look right, and for some reason Charizard has a weirdly human chest, and a slightly stubby hippo face.
-But oh well, still glad three of my faves made it in (Mewtwo, Charizard, Gardevoir).
And some of them do look asweome. I love how much more personality Machamp, Gengar, and Weavile have.

Just hope they go for a more cartoony/anime-ish style like smash 4 in the future.
(and please no more weird human-esque chests)

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
We might just had gotten the names of the next games including their logos. It was trademarked on a European trademark site.

Real or not, the hype is palpable for tommorrow.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
We might just had gotten the names of the next games including their logos. It was trademarked on a European trademark site.

Real or not, the hype is palpable for tommorrow.

Well I was wrong.......and I would apologize.............but now I gotta go buy a 3ds.:151:

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
Hey yall, This might not be the kind of thing that you guys are into, but I am looking for a raw data dump that describes Sm4sh hitboxes/hurtboxes and frame data. There are loads of well formatted summaries of the data that has been interpreted, but I would like to look at the raw data for my own interest. Can anyone suggest a source?

Basically, I want to create hitbox animations for Sm4sh Mewtwo as per the commonly available ones from Melee

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
I would be rather shocked if we got a totally new generation already. We still have the Zygarde formes and events still coming to XY and ORAS all the way until December. This is very insteresting.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Serebii says *Note: this is still unconfirmed*

So take this with a grain of salt until tomorrow.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
image.jpeg

As for the designs in Pokken, they seem just ok to me. Charizard's face definitely doesn't look right and while I can picture Mewtwo having skin instead of fur, I never expected it to be so shiny. Also, am I the only one who doesn't like Pikachu's permanent angry face?

Aside from the character designs, who do you think you all are gonna main? (Well besides Mewtwo of course. :p)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I never imagined Mewtwo with fur personally. Skin makes more sense from the movie I watched way back when. I don't like the glossy look of the mons in pokken but maybe they will grow on me. Mewtwo's eyes make him look odd.

I probably won't main either of the Mewtwos. I don't really know yet.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I never imagined Mewtwo with fur personally. Skin makes more sense from the movie I watched way back when. I don't like the glossy look of the mons in pokken but maybe they will grow on me. Mewtwo's eyes make him look odd.

I probably won't main either of the Mewtwos. I don't really know yet.
It's hard to tell.

Mew's Yellow pokedex entry

Yellow When viewed through a microscope, this POKéMON's short, fine, delicate hair can be seen.

If Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, wouldn't he have the same?

I think he has short fine hair or fur. Idk. Mewtwo having skin just seems so odd to me. If he actually does (hence the Pokken texture) it looks truly bizzare.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
I agree with most of the opinions on the pokken characters. At first looking at the characters when they were revealed I hated their looks but after a while now I enjoy the realistic look they have. It makes mewtwo look like something I would hate to see outside my window and I like it.

I don't know who I'll play as I just know it isn't Charizard.

What is this?!?! Why would you make him look like this?!

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It's hard to tell.

Mew's Yellow pokedex entry

Yellow When viewed through a microscope, this POKéMON's short, fine, delicate hair can be seen.

If Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, wouldn't he have the same?

I think he has short fine hair or fur. Idk. Mewtwo having skin just seems so odd to me. If he actually does (hence the Pokken texture) it looks truly bizzare.
Mewtwo looks bizarre either way lol. I guess thats true though.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I was just contacted by the guy I beat on the tournament I won (one of the Top 10 in Venezuela) to invite me to his fighting crew so I could practice with him and other good players :) He told me that he was really impressed and told me that I made him see Mewtwo's real potential. He even invited me to his house for a round of practice with his group...

But there was a massive blackout in the city and we had no electricity for four hours. **** living in a third-world country...

Still, I'm very happy and proud I helped improve Mewtwo's reputation :D

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I was just contacted by the guy I beat on the tournament I won (one of the Top 10 in Venezuela) to invite me to his fighting crew so I could practice with him and other good players :) He told me that he was really impressed and told me that I made him see Mewtwo's real potential. He even invited me to his house for a round of practice with his group...

But there was a massive blackout in the city and we had no electricity for four hours. **** living in a third-world country...

Still, I'm very happy and proud I helped improve Mewtwo's reputation :D
That's freakin awesome man! Is there any footage avaible from the tournament you won? Would have been fun to see :)

C3CC

Smash Lord
That's freakin awesome man! Is there any footage avaible from the tournament you won? Would have been fun to see :)
Thank you so much! Sadly, no :( I spent almost three days looking for videos and nothing... The only proof I have of my game style is this simple video of a match I had on For Glory:

Granted, I usually fight much better than that. That wasn't my best fight. There was lag and I wasn't very focused on the fight. Any critique will be welcomed! :)

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Just dropping in to say hi to the Mewtwo players. I'm really enjoying trying to improve my Mewtwo as a secondary.

Anyway, some of the recent attention on well-known player Mew² makes me realize how badly I want to attend the Shockwave weeklies here in my area (Dallas), which I've seen him play at through youtube uploads. That place is so close to where I live, but personal life prevents me from going.

Is Mew² a smashboards member?

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I haven't been reading this topic lately as I've been doing a lot of non-smash stuff, but I've been thinking and I kinda want to start maybe using Mewtwo as my one true main. My tail fetish is strong and I feel I really should just go with what I want to go with, and that's using a character with a big tail especially when I think he's viable now (If I thought he wasn't viable I'd use Cloud or Corrin easy).

I don't want to read through the topic, so anything I missed or need catching up on? And if anyone has anything they want to share with me (preferably tail related) that would also be amazing, hope to talk a bit and might not be too active but we'll see!

EDIT: Read a bit on this page, and saw some Pokken discussion. Mewtwo looks ehh to me in Pokken, his tail is just too thin and not thick and sexy like in smash 4, not nearly as attractive...Every other character looks great to me though, and the other tails like Charizard, Garchomp and especially Mega Sceptile (I love the tail animations) are really good, can't wait for the game.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Just dropping in to say hi to the Mewtwo players. I'm really enjoying trying to improve my Mewtwo as a secondary.

Anyway, some of the recent attention on well-known player Mew² makes me realize how badly I want to attend the Shockwave weeklies here in my area (Dallas), which I've seen him play at through youtube uploads. That place is so close to where I live, but personal life prevents me from going.

Is Mew² a smashboards member?
Yup. He doesn't drop by much (top players have been avoiding Smashboards for whatever reason), but he posts here sometimes. You can find him @MewSquared

Edit: Some other famous Mewtwo players: @!Blue! @RichBrown

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yup. He doesn't drop by much (top players have been avoiding Smashboards for whatever reason), but he posts here sometimes. You can find him @MewSquared

Edit: Some other famous Mewtwo players: @!Blue! @RichBrown
Probably because there are more casuals here than serious competitive players. And everyone is always getting into a mini-war over the pettiest of things.

EDIT: I have an SD card now so I will play some matches tomorrow and Saturday and see if I can figure out how to upload the videos on here. I need some advice on my play and an outside opinion on what I need to improve on.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Probably because there are more casuals here than serious competitive players. And everyone is always getting into a mini-war over the pettiest of things.
Probably.

This is the only forum on Smashboards I really spend much time in, for that reason. Pokemon Center and Light House are pretty dead, but they're not bad.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I think I'm a bit late but major props to Mew^2 for beating Mew2King. Along with Blue, I'm glad we have some sick Mewtwo reps. :>

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What is this straw man? lol No one was saying that at all. At least not in this discussion.
I wasn't accusing you of anything, so sorry if that wasn't clear. I was just pointing out that plenty of people are vocal about not liking to see the same pokemon ever and over.
"Porygon2 is my best option but I don't want to be forced to use it," to me, is the same exact kind of whining I might do about Landorus: "Landorus might be my best option, but it's ugly and I don't want to use it." So I don't use it, and I never complain if I lose because I don't use it. Likewise, if you hated using Skarmory in Gen 2/3 and you didn't use it, you were going to lose more often than if you used Skarmory. Skarmory was required to check/counter the best physical attackers, much like Porygon2 trivializes Greninja (and a bunch of other Pokemon like Heatran). It's the same thing, people.
Well, I don't think there's any Pokemon that only Landorus can reliably check.
I would be rather shocked if we got a totally new generation already. We still have the Zygarde formes and events still coming to XY and ORAS all the way until December. This is very insteresting.
That said, we also had a new species of Pokemon get confirmed recently, so the 7th gen can't really be that far away.

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I haven't been reading this topic lately as I've been doing a lot of non-smash stuff, but I've been thinking and I kinda want to start maybe using Mewtwo as my one true main. My tail fetish is strong and I feel I really should just go with what I want to go with, and that's using a character with a big tail especially when I think he's viable now (If I thought he wasn't viable I'd use Cloud or Corrin easy).

I don't want to read through the topic, so anything I missed or need catching up on? And if anyone has anything they want to share with me (preferably tail related) that would also be amazing, hope to talk a bit and might not be too active but we'll see!
I cant believe that you haven't already been maining Mewtwo! The tail is like, half his moveset! Dat DThrow tailspank... :p

I feel conflicted though... suddenly Mewtwo is realised to be viable (Yay!) but now I wont be underestimated when I play, and there will be tons of ditto matches. Last night I had to wipe the floor with 3 different dittos - it was fun enough, but I could see them... learning my secrets...

Top Bottom