• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Brown Mewtwo is actually my favorite Mewtwo alt. Probably an unpopular opinion, it just looks nice on him.

Also this head icon is hilarious to me and I don't know why.
I'm a pretty big fan of the dark blue one. Most common ones I see are default, cyan/light green and the shadow one. I've never seen yellow used at all except for Sonicninja.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I love the use of movement. The fair lady's just floating around off stage to slaughter anyone unfortunate enough to end up in her territory.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I like picking yellow when I know I'm going to pick Dreamland for 3DS, as in the one in the GBA.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm a pretty big fan of the dark blue one. Most common ones I see are default, cyan/light green and the shadow one. I've never seen yellow used at all except for Sonicninja.
I'm definitely partial to cyan... it might be my favorite!

I do like yellow, though, even if I don't use it much. It reminds me of golden Frieza, kind of.

Dark blue is pleasant.

Pink is underrated. It looks really good on Mewtwo, and reminds me of Mew.

Shadow is cool, but I don't really use it much. I like making CPU Mewtwo this color, though!

Default is perfect, of course.

My second favorite alt color is orange, definitely. It looks amazing and reminds me of playing Pokemon Yellow on my GBC.

Brown looks kinda black to me, but it's nice. Reminds me of the GBPocket screen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Brown Mewtwo is actually my favorite Mewtwo alt. Probably an unpopular opinion, it just looks nice on him.

Also this head icon is hilarious to me and I don't know why.
The actual palette doesn't even look all that brown though; it looks a bit more black, if anything.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
The actual palette doesn't even look all that brown though; it looks a bit more black, if anything.
I've seen it look black on certain TV's and brown on others, but it is most certainly brown. I have taken pictures of his tail in this pallet and it looks pretty brown:

there, it's pretty brown lol, though if it was straight up black it would be an awesome colour scheme I think.

(Also I have so many tail pictures I have a problem)

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
My preferred color for Mewtwo is either his dark blue alt or Shadow Mewtwo.... Also completely off Topic but who here is just as excited as me for Pokken Tournament? I hear they're going to announce a new Pokemon this friday!

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
My preferred color for Mewtwo is either his dark blue alt or Shadow Mewtwo.... Also completely off Topic but who here is just as excited as me for Pokken Tournament? I hear they're going to announce a new Pokemon this friday!
there was some discussion earlier about that, I for one am very excited as I love any fighting game with tailed playable characters...I swear that's not the only reason okay the gameplay looks fun as well...

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Shiny Mewtwo is the best.
I was excited for Pokken, but then it came down to Melee or Pokken and I had to choose Melee.

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
It would be awesome if he had the green of his shiny Sprite, but my ideal would be to play using his "Master Shadow" colours. In the absence of these, cyan is bestest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've seen it look black on certain TV's and brown on others, but it is most certainly brown. I have taken pictures of his tail in this pallet and it looks pretty brown:

there, it's pretty brown lol, though if it was straight up black it would be an awesome colour scheme I think.

(Also I have so many tail pictures I have a problem)
I guess background lighting can play a factor, since if the lighting isn't bright enough, the color looks more black.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm still hype for new characters and such, since I think they've done a great job so far translating Pokemon into a 3D fighting game.

The fact that local multiplayer requires player 1 to watch the Gamepad, and player 2 to watch the TV, though, is very troubling. If LAN isn't implemented, that pretty much kills any serious tournament potential in the USA... unless people are going to drive/fly out to one of the few remaining arcades, I guess.

I want Scolipede to be revealed, but I think it will be Swampert or Kangaskhan.

Sonicninja115

I'm still hype for new characters and such, since I think they've done a great job so far translating Pokemon into a 3D fighting game.

The fact that local multiplayer requires player 1 to watch the Gamepad, and player 2 to watch the TV, though, is very troubling. If LAN isn't implemented, that pretty much kills any serious tournament potential in the USA... unless people are going to drive/fly out to one of the few remaining arcades, I guess.

I want Scolipede to be revealed, but I think it will be Swampert or Kangaskhan.
Actually, this isn't the only way to play it. It is most likely going to be sponsered by Nintendo, as they have already had a tournament, and Nintendo can supply the arcade boxes for it.

They will probably run the tournaments with these instead of Wii U's.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Actually, this isn't the only way to play it. It is most likely going to be sponsered by Nintendo, as they have already had a tournament, and Nintendo can supply the arcade boxes for it.

They will probably run the tournaments with these instead of Wii U's.
That's a pretty huge "if." I'm not betting on it.

Plus, that does nothing to promote grassroots tournaments. Without grassroots, there is no serious future.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Heads up, I have been updating the Guide over the past couple of days, and will be updating it in the next few days. I have updated it for 1.1.3 and added most of Mewtwo's kill Percents for his moveset. I might add a kill combo one as well. If you have any suggestions, please post them in the discussion!

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
What are you on about? The reveal was tomorrow, nor do those mons have 'Ra' in their Japanese name
EDIT: Never mind
I've just seen this and was going to post it here, But you beat me too it I'm completely fine with these additions but i'm hoping for Greninja to make it in along with Typhlosion and both HitmonChan and HitmonLee

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
mewtwo was already known of being playable if I recall right (speaking of his normal form and not Mr.Edgy)

however, I am happy that Braxien is playable. prefer her over delphox xD

I had a feeling we would get garchomp but is kinda meh to him. nothing that really exciting me by look, want to see him in action

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Regular Mewtwo for Pokken!!! Yesss. I wonder how Shadow Mewtwo is going to be implemented.

Fennekin was my starter in Y so I don't mind Braixen being in the game. Weird choice, but I'm not complaining. Garchomp is one of the coolest/most popular Pokemon out there and I'm not surprised that he's in.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Will the different Mewtwo Mega Evolve to separate Mega Evolutions? I don't know which Mewtwo to pick!

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
This could possibly be a Mewtwo X appearance since he fits the theme of the game better.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Mewtwo and Garchomp are great. I like Braixen (Fennekin was my first Kalos starter), but was hoping Delphox would get some love for once.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Abadango just posted a new tier list. Thoughts on Mewtwo's position or any others? Rows are not ordered.

Personally, I think that's about right for Mewtwo at the moment with a possible rise in the future. Still pretty early to tell. Way better than how people used to think of him.

I question his other positions though. I think Ike, DK, Link, Falco, Kirby, and WFT are too low. Jiggs is too high and should also be in E tier I think. DH is pretty high. I'm very surprised that Cloud is as high as he is right now, but he could potentially justify that with more time. I think he's very powerful.

Last edited:

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Although upset at Garchomp and not Flygon, from the picture Garchomp seems to have a nice tail in this game from that 3rd picture so I can't complain too much (Garchomp's tail other than mega is actually quite short in the games)

There's still some hope, none of those characters have 'ra' in their name, so I guess these 3 don't get a trailer and the one on Friday will and will be released in arcades shortly after, that's my guess anyway. But since Garchomp is the same type as Flygon, I might have to give up... ;_;

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Although upset at Garchomp and not Flygon, from the picture Garchomp seems to have a nice tail in this game from that 3rd picture so I can't complain too much (Garchomp's tail other than mega is actually quite short in the games)

There's still some hope, none of those characters have 'ra' in their name, so I guess these 3 don't get a trailer and the one on Friday will and will be released in arcades shortly after, that's my guess anyway. But since Garchomp is the same type as Flygon, I might have to give up... ;_;
Didn't stop them from putting three fire starters in the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Abadango just posted a new tier list. Thoughts on Mewtwo's position or any others? Rows are not ordered.

Personally, I think that's about right for Mewtwo at the moment with a possible rise in the future. Still pretty early to tell. Way better than how people used to think of him.

I question his other positions though. I think Ike, DK, Link, Falco, Kirby, and WFT are too low. Jiggs is too high and should also be in E tier I think. DH is pretty high. I'm very surprised that Cloud is as high as he is right now, but he could potentially justify that with more time. I think he's very powerful.
Portions of that list are just dead wrong. For one thing, Cloud, Sonic, Rosalina, and Meta Knight really aren't A+ material (they have very noticeable flaws that can be taken advantage of), while Lucina is far from being bottom 5 material. I feel that this list underestimates some fighters, while it overestimates some others.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Didn't stop them from putting three fire starters in the game.
this turns out that the gen6 fire starter is a Fire/Fighter type :3c

looks like maraconi art that can be hung up on the wall

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Along with the Pokkén Tournament updates, there's apparently some new information in regards to Volcanion's involvement in the next Pokemon movie...

Apparently, this Volcanion despises humans, which really isn't anything new, since we've seen incidents like that before with the Kanto region Mewtwo and Sinnoh region Arceus. What we don't know is what caused Volcanion to hate humans to begin with.

This information came directly from Serebii.net.

Top Bottom