• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I drew this picture for the miiverse stage. That stage could use less junk post.

The real reason I'm posting this here is because I'm bored and can't sleep.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
god I love Lucas and Ryu! I have been training them and I love them <3
I do admit, Roy*Ahem* Fire Marth is the better Marth than Marth and Girl Marth in terms of power and speed.
and I do like that his attacks now are more "wolfi-fied" (he is not a luigi yet, but he is a wolf) so I do welcome him now, even if I am bitter over him

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Apparently, Mewtwo can no longer Side B an opponent through the platforms of Battlefield. That's sad.
Some are saying that it's knockback has been reduced, don't know if this good or bad.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Apparently, Mewtwo can no longer Side B an opponent through the platforms of Battlefield. That's sad.
Some are saying that it's knockback has been reduced, don't know if this good or bad.
So do the opponents bounce off the platform or something?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
god I love Lucas and Ryu! I have been training them and I love them <3
I do admit, Roy*Ahem* Fire Marth is the better Marth than Marth and Girl Marth in terms of power and speed.
and I do like that his attacks now are more "wolfi-fied" (he is not a luigi yet, but he is a wolf) so I do welcome him now, even if I am bitter over him
But, don't Wolf and Fox have fewer similarities than Mario and Luigi? I mean, Wolf and Fox share their loose derivatives of each other's Special Moves and their Final Smashes, but Mario and Luigi share loose derivatives of three of their Special Moves, all of their Smash Attacks, four of their aerials, all of their tilts, and their Jabs 1 and 2.

Anyway, I think Roy is closer to being "Ganon-fied." He and Marth, more or less, share all of their attacks. Roy's versions of the attacks just function differently than Marth's. Plus, Roy's physics are completely different from Marth's, and Roy's only unique attacks are his Jab and his D-Air, and the D-Air was probably cloned from Ike.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wait, does Confusion actually have knockback? I know I probably sound like an idiot saying this, but I always thought that Confusion just picked the opponent up and dropped them. How does knockback play into it?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Wait, does Confusion actually have knockback? I know I probably sound like an idiot saying this, but I always thought that Confusion just picked the opponent up and dropped them. How does knockback play into it?
I too think this way! Someone explain please.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I felt that nothing too special was revealed at the Digital Event. Star Fox Zero looks sweet. Best thing for me personally is FE: Fates English trailer.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Not every year can be bombshell of a show and because of Sony's presentation was a tough act to follow. To me, most of the hype was for the Smash announcements.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Whenever I play All Star mode and get past the mid-90's part, I crouch in front of Mewtwo's trophy before each stage to pray to her for guidance and protection from hazard screw.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
there was things that hyped me:
Muppets
Xenoblade release day
Mario Maker
Mario & Luigi PAPER ****ING JAM! SO HYPE FOR THIS GAME
and pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (werent in E3 but got a video uploaded directly after)

if we count in the Smash direct and NWC in this digital event, Nintendo won E3 easy. but the digital event was lacking hype and big stuff :/

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I guess I'm the only one that actually enjoyed this year's E3. I mean, it wasn't anything special, but it was still pretty cool. I'm really excited for Star Fox Zero. It's been forever since we got an original Star Fox title, and, while I loved Star Fox 64 3D to death, it just couldn't compare to a brand-new game. I'm really hyped for Zero. Also, PlatinumGames is co-developing it, so take that for what you will.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks really awesome, too, and I'm looking forward to Super Mario Maker, as well. Seriously, it's going to be so much fun to actually make your own Mario levels! I think the whole "Costume Mario" concept is intriguing. If I'm understanding everything correctly, then we might be able to play as Mewtwo in Super Mario Maker! Think about how much fun that'll be!

Oh, and, assuming Wolf is released as Smash 4 DLC at around the same time as Star Fox Zero in order to promote the game, we might actually see Wolf join the Smash roster in an updated version of Star Fox 64 design. Zero apparently takes place in the same time frame as 64 did, since it appears to be a pseudo-remake, so it's possible that Wolf will retain his original design. I personally prefer Wolf's original personality and appearance, so the possibility of that incarnation getting into Smash gets me kinda excited.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
there was things that hyped me:
Muppets
Xenoblade release day
Mario Maker
Mario & Luigi PAPER ****ING JAM! SO HYPE FOR THIS GAME
and pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (werent in E3 but got a video uploaded directly after)

if we count in the Smash direct and NWC in this digital event, Nintendo won E3 easy. but the digital event was lacking hype and big stuff :/

Nintendo had no hypeworthy announcements outside of Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi.
MS had the Rare Replay, Dark Souls 3, Cuphead and Gears 4.
Sony had The Last Guardian, Horizon and FF VII.
EA had Mass Effect.
Ubisoft had South Park.
Bethesda had Doom and Fallout 4.
SE had Kingdom Hearts, Deus Ex and Platinum working on Nier spreading them thinner (Star Fox, Scalebound and Transformers as well).

Nintendo's event was piss poor.
More Metroid trolling with that Federation football garbage.
Pointless section on Woolly World and Mario Maker boredom.
Mario Spin-Offs.
Animal Crossing Amiibo Party bs.
Star Fox looked lacklustre and also has on online MP. In 2015.
The Smash info was leaked.

Xenoblade X release date and FE:Fate English trailer were the best parts and that isn't saying much given we knew about those titles already.

EA's conference was better. And they had a drunken Pele.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Nintendo had no hypeworthy announcements outside of Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi.
EA had Mass Effect.
Ubisoft had South Park.
SE had Kingdom Hearts, Deus Ex and Platinum working on Nier spreading them thinner (Star Fox, Scalebound and Transformers as well).

Mario Spin-Offs.

Xenoblade X release date and FE:Fate English trailer were the best parts and that isn't saying much given we knew about those titles already.

Kewl.

You didn't enjoy it. Other people did. Glad we got that cleared up.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Kewl.

You didn't enjoy it. Other people did. Glad we got that cleared up.
I don't see how other people could have enjoyed it.
I love Nintendo but that was the worst E3 showing since the PS3 price announcement.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't see how other people could have enjoyed it.
I love Nintendo but that was the worst E3 showing since the PS3 price announcement.
Well, I can't speak for other people, but I really enjoyed the segment on Star Fox Zero. That was awesome! Also, while Costume Mario himself didn't get me excited, the idea of being able to play as Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Fox and numerous other Nintendo characters in Super Mario Maker did. I was also pleased Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and Triforce Heroes.

Also, I think we should give Nintendo credit for their Smash mini-Direct. I think it's pretty obvious that they gave Smash Bros. its own Direct so they wouldn't have to group it in with E3, and I feel like that's part of the reason a lot of people felt that this year's E3 was lackluster. We had just gotten Ryu, Roy, and Lucas in Smash all at the same time, so I think a lot of people expected Nintendo's E3 to live up to that, but it didn't. I think that, had Nintendo grouped the Smash mini-Direct into their Digital Event, people less disappointed. That's the way I see it, anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Starfox - This game is looking great, and shifting vehicle forms mid battle looks fun. I'm pretty excited for this one.
Triforce Heroes - It looks goofy, but I don't see much point in picking it up. Zelda never felt like it was meant for Multiplayer to me.
Mario&Luigi - This looks silly, but I've never been crazy about Mario RPGs.
Skylanders - I don't play Skylanders, so whatever.
Fire Emblem - Don't get me wrong, I'm hyped for the game, but I don't care about recap.
Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei - Uh, could someone explain to me what makes this Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei and not just a group of anime characters cosplaying FE characers?
Yoshi's Wooly World - More recap.
Xenoblade - It's good to have a release date, I guess.
Mario Maker - I guess the amiibo functionality was cool.
Metroid Prime - ........That's not Metroid.

Starfox Zero was a great start, but I didn't really feel it for the rest of the Direct.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot the Animal Crossing Board Game was a thing. What are they calling it? Amiibo festival?
Ya know, when I said that I wanted to see a game that utilized amiibo to their fullest, I didn't have an Animal Crossing spin off in mind...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well, I can't speak for other people, but I really enjoyed the segment on Star Fox Zero. That was awesome! Also, while Costume Mario himself didn't get me excited, the idea of being able to play as Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Fox and numerous other Nintendo characters in Super Mario Maker did. I was also pleased Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and Triforce Heroes.

Also, I think we should give Nintendo credit for their Smash mini-Direct. I think it's pretty obvious that they gave Smash Bros. its own Direct so they wouldn't have to group it in with E3, and I feel like that's part of the reason a lot of people felt that this year's E3 was lackluster. We had just gotten Ryu, Roy, and Lucas in Smash all at the same time, so I think a lot of people expected Nintendo's E3 to live up to that, but it didn't. I think that, had Nintendo grouped the Smash mini-Direct into their Digital Event, people less disappointed. That's the way I see it, anyway.
Well no because the Smash Direct got leaked all over the internet so it wouldn't have been as hypeworthy.
There was nothing new that actually impressed me save for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and the Developer Stories just dragged on and on to pad the Event.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Metroid is dead. Other M put it in a coma and this garbage killed it
While I do agree that it's a cruddy excuse for a Metroid game, I think it might be fun in its own right. I think it would probably do better if Nintendo hadn't made it a Metroid spin-off, but whatever. I just wouldn't disregard it as a stand-alone game quite yet.

And, yes, Metroid is on track to be Nintendo's next F-Zero or EarthBound: dead as a series, but immortalized in Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While I do agree that it's a cruddy excuse for a Metroid game, I think it might be fun in its own right. I think it would probably do better if Nintendo hadn't made it a Metroid spin-off, but whatever. I just wouldn't disregard it as a stand-alone game quite yet.

And, yes, Metroid is on track to be Nintendo's next F-Zero or EarthBound: dead as a series, but immortalized in Smash.
They had the ****ing nerve to call it Metroid Prime. It's not even done by Retro. This is a ****ing Halo game. Maybe that's what Microsoft meant with 'From the developers of Metroid Prime'

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They had the ****ing nerve to call it Metroid Prime. It's not even done by Retro. This is a ****ing Halo game. Maybe that's what Microsoft meant with 'From the developers of Metroid Prime'
That's an insult to Halo (which did the football style first (Grifball and Ricochet)).

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

EA had Mass Effect.
Ubisoft had South Park.

Mario Spin-Offs.

well, you didnt like the digital direc, fine. but please dont say in that way that your opinions are fact. your opinions are opinions while my opinions are opinions.
I counted everything together as one, but do I agree that the main Digital Event did lack of the hype and the "big games" (like Zelda U, New Mario Galaxy, New F-Zero, Mother3 ect) if you missed my statement

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well no because the Smash Direct got leaked all over the internet so it wouldn't have been as hypeworthy.
There was nothing new that actually impressed me save for Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam and the Developer Stories just dragged on and on to pad the Event.
Well, as we're arguing, I think that, ultimately, this is just going to boil down to opinion. I might've found the Smash mini-Direct hype, but you didn't, and I might've thought that Star Fox Zero looked cool, but you didn't. And that's OK. Everyone has opinions, and it's important to respect them. It's fine that you didn't enjoy the Digital Event, and it's fine that I did. Everyone's different.
Once again, yes, Metroid: Federation Force is a cruddy excuse for a Metroid game. It doesn't even look like a Metroid game. But, nonetheless, it might be fun in its own right. Maybe it won't be fun as a Metroid game, but maybe it'll be fun as a stand-alone title. Call it wishful thinking, but I'm not normally one to be pessimistic, and this time is no exception.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Having watched the E3 Conference, I've learned that Chrom has apparently got into a phase of dressing like Vincent Valentine (regard Ryu Myuutsu's avatar for reference), Paper Jam looking interesting, and interest in Star Fox Zero (especially considering that Platinum Games is involved in it.)

Honestly though, still doesn't beat Shenmue 3/Final Fantasy VII remake double whammy.
And that conference didn't even show any gameplay footage of mentioned games.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
yet, Earthbound Beginnings (mother/Earthbound 0) got released on Eshop for the first time outside Japan! that means Earthbound isnt really dead.
it might be dead that we will not get a official Mother4 or a spiritual successor, but that release for Earthbound Beginnings outside Japan is at least something

my theory is that if the Earthbound Beginnings goes well, we might see Mother 3 outside of Japan in the future! there is hope

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
yet, Earthbound Beginnings (mother/Earthbound 0) got released on Eshop for the first time outside Japan! that means Earthbound isnt really dead.
it might be dead that we will not get a official Mother4 or a spiritual successor, but that release for Earthbound Beginnings outside Japan is at least something
Whoa, really?! I had no idea! That's actually pretty cool! Yes, I agree, that's definitely something in EarthBound's favor. I mean, I don't think we're getting a Mother 4 or anything anytime soon, but that's still pretty neat.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I just wanted to point out that this isn't entirely true. According to this article, online multiplayer for Star Fox Zero hasn't been completely disconfirmed. The developers are simply focusing on making a more enjoyable single-player experience at this point. Apparently, as the game's development progresses, they might add online multiplayer if they feel like it'll be good enough, but, for now, they're not entertaining the idea. Here's what Shigeru Miyamoto said word-for-word, in case anybody doesn't want to read the whole article.
Shigeru Miyamoto said:
So, we're really prioritising getting this new game playing at 60 frames-per-second," he said. "In previous Star Fox games we had focused a lot on dogfighting, but here we're really focused more the single-player experience.

Of course, as we continue on and once people get a feeling for the game... as the process continues if we find that we do think it'd be really good we'll definitely consider it, but right now we're not.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Forgot to mention that the muppet animations were sick. They were funny and entertaining. Loved them just like last year's.

Top Bottom