• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm so happy that those stages are available on the 3DS version as well. That game really NEEDS some more stage diversity.

Edit: Maaaannn, that Mewtwo disrespect in Ryu's trailer. Yeah, yeah, we get it, he is combo fodder, jeez.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Maaaannn, that Mewtwo disrespect in Ryu's trailer. Yeah, yeah, we get it, he is combo fodder, jeez.
Ironically he got owned by a "fighting type"

And that moment you realize it's gonna be hella easy to do Ryu's input attacks on a GC controller

Last edited:

Spirst

Well, Mewtwo doesn't seem to have any of issues addressed. He's still stuck with the Teleport displacement from the stage underside, Utilt still has the misleading hitbox, and he seems the same all around. That's nice.

I'll play around with it a little more but I'm not seeing anything changed. Cue the placebos.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well, Mewtwo doesn't seem to have any of issues addressed. He's still stuck with the Teleport displacement from the stage underside, Utilt still has the misleading hitbox, and he seems the same all around. That's nice.

I'll play around with it a little more but I'm not seeing anything changed. Cue the placebos.
It could be that DLC characters are as they are, no changes...which would really suck for them in the future. :/

Also, I got two new clones added to my arsenal today. I'd be eager to show them off if anyone is interested.
It's not like I don't know how to use them. :3

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Don't the replays have to be removed when there's a balance update or just gameplay in general?

Also great that I got kicked off the ****ing server just when I was bout to purchase them... shm

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
-I agree on fixing Mewtwo's F-Air, B-Air, and U-Tilt, but I think his U-Smash is fine as is, and his Grab, Jab, and F-Smash just need their hitboxes changed up a bit, not fixed.
-I don't feel like this is necessary, and I don't know how useful it would be, but I guess it wouldn't hurt.
-I'm not even sure how this works. The hitbox covers Mewtwo's entire body, so you just need to be close enough. I don't think this is an issue.
-I'm pretty sure you can already avoid landing lag on a short-hopped N-Air if you time it right.

That's just my two cents on your ideas. Personally, I'd like to see...

1. Extra power on most of his Smashes.
2. More power on his B-Throw and U-Throw
3. Hitbox fixes on any attacks that need it.
4. Maybe buff the range of his Grab so that it hits small characters more easily, and maybe do the same thing for Mewtwo's Jab 1.
Sometimes people pop out of Usmash. Really annoying because it is so punishable on whiff.

Small characters don't get hit by Nair startup frames unless they are pretty much inside of you. It is a problem since Nair is Mewtwo's only decent OoS option.

I am guessing no changes in general. Fox jab infinite still seems to be in, and that would be #1 to fix.

Spirst

Don't the replays have to be removed when there's a balance update or just gameplay in general?

Also great that I got kicked off the ****ing server just when I was bout to purchase them... shm
The replays are removed.
I am guessing no changes in general. Fox jab infinite still seems to be in, and that would be #1 to fix.
There are confirmed changes already. Diddy Uair hitbox has been changed to actually be a uair rather than hitting everywhere, Greninja's ftilt is faster and does a bit more damage, and MK does more damage on his ftilt. It's just a matter of finding everything again.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
The replays are removed.

There are confirmed changes already. Diddy Uair hitbox has been changed to actually be a uair rather than hitting everywhere, Greninja's ftilt is faster and does a bit more damage, and MK does more damage on his ftilt. It's just a matter of finding everything again.
Ah, so Sakurai just doesn't care about Mewtwo. :(

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
*nerfed Charizard*
*no changes to Mewtwo*
*neshop keeps ****ing erasing my Credit Card info and knocking me of the damn server *

image.jpg

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
@Zachmac Charizard has now lost his dthrow KO potential. Sad day.
Are you kidding me? What?

... Not even mad, just really disappointed. I completely disagree with this change... No idea why Charizard keeps getting nerfed even when he's considered as one of the worst characters by many...

This is so stupid. D-throw kills were so satisfying and they just HAD to remove it. They literally could have nerfed anything else and I would have been fine. But d-throw? Seriously? Sigh...

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Edit: lol eshop and their ******** server for making me type a rage post...

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Sometimes people pop out of Usmash. Really annoying because it is so punishable on whiff.

Small characters don't get hit by Nair startup frames unless they are pretty much inside of you. It is a problem since Nair is Mewtwo's only decent OoS option.
The only reason people pop out of Mewtwo's U-Smash is because they just barely get caught in it. I've had it happen to me before, and it definitely looked like I deserved it. If the opponent gets knocked out of Mewtwo's U-Smash, it's the player's fault, not the game's. Avoiding such situations is just a matter of getting better.

I wasn't aware of the issues with Mewtwo's OoS N-Air. I guess that buffing its range a bit would be nice, but it seems like a somewhat trivial problem. I think there are other, larger issues that the devs could address before they start nitpicking Mewtwo's tiny problems.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Mewtwo got buffed, all I noticed so far that his uthrow does more dmg though. (Its 14 instead of 12)

Also found this somewhere
"Charizard's up throw got massively buffed in knockback; it's now a really strong kill throw, killing Mario from the center of FD at 125%. His down throw no longer kills, now being a combo starting throw that can true combo into fair and Dragon Rush, as well as potentially followup to uair, u-smash, and Fly, up to mid-high damages."
Might be true idk

Spirst

Mewtwo got buffed, all I noticed so far that his uthrow does more dmg though. (Its 14 instead of 12)

"Charizard's up throw got massively buffed in knockback; it's now a really strong kill throw, killing Mario from the center of FD at 125%. His down throw no longer kills, now being a combo starting throw that can true combo into fair and Dragon Rush, as well as potentially followup to uair, u-smash, and Fly, up to mid-high damages."
Might be true idk
No, it still does 12%.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Just tested Charizard's Down Throw and can confirm that it is true. It is a shame indeed.
However, there seems to be potential for Fair follow ups though.

Edit: Actually, not everything seems all gloom and doom for our favorite lizard. At first glance, the loss in KO power for Dthrow sucks big time. But I'm realizing that I'm having an easy time following up with Fair and perhaps even with Flare Blitz at percentages below 100%. I think that if you stale his Dthrow a bit you can follow with a guaranteed hit. You may even be able to kill fast fallers with Uair.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Impressions are:
Ryu and Lucas (that Up-Smash) are amazing.
Roy is Roy.
I'm interested in seeing how Roy will fare on the tier lists compared to Marth. I mean, Roy is both faster and more powerful than Marth, right? Not to jump to conclusions or anything, but wouldn't that immediately give him the upper hand, since he can rush down and KO opponents more easily than Marth?

Last edited:

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Just tested Charizard's Down Throw and can confirm that it is true. It is a shame indeed.
However, there seems to be potential for Fair follow ups though.

Edit: Actually, not everything seems all gloom and doom for our favorite lizard. At first glance, the loss in KO power for Dthrow sucks big time. But I'm realizing that I'm having an easy time following up with Fair and perhaps even with Flare Blitz at percentages below 100%. I think that if you stale his Dthrow a bit you can follow with a guaranteed hit.
I'd call it more a buff than anything.

With the U-Throw being the killthrow now, and an actual combo follow-up for no-kill throw percentage, it sounds like a fair trade.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace

Might be true idk
Seems like a fair tradeoff if true. Does d throw leave the opponent on the ground like in PM?

Also how many of you were successful in getting the DLC? I keep getting cut off when I try to add funds or go straight to using my card.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm interested in seeing how Roy will fare on the tier lists compared to Marth. I mean, Roy is both faster and more powerful than Marth, right? Not to jump to conclusions or anything, but wouldn't that immediately give him the upper hand, since he can rush down and KO opponents more easily than Marth?
That's not necessarily the case. Because Roy lacks a tipper, he has to go up-front and close. Marth is more safe. I guess you can say Roy is more offensive and Marth is more defensive. Both are good in their own ways.

Charizard got buffs in other areas I hear so that's all good.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I got all my DLC :)

But seriously, those Dthrow follow ups tho. Don't lose heart, Charizard mains, you lost a KO tool but you also gained a very valuable one. I'm digging those Dthrow to Fair/Uair follow ups. Charizard now has his own Hoo Hah of sorts.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
However his greater power comes from having the Hilt be stronger which is riskier and Roy's air game is awful from what I played.

On a more casual side:
To go with his awful final smash Roy is also awful at getting the damn thing.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
However his greater power comes from having the Hilt be stronger which is riskier and Roy's air game is awful from what I played.

On a more casual side:
To go with his awful final smash Roy is also awful at getting the damn thing.
Him and Little Mac are gonna be best buds

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That's not necessarily the case. Because Roy lacks a tipper, he has to go up-front and close. Marth is more safe. I guess you can say Roy is more offensive and Marth is more defensive. Both are good in their own ways.
While this is true, also consider that, because Roy is faster than Marth, he has an easier time getting up close to the opponent. So, logically, his speed would aid him in landing his sweetspot. Plus, if Roy is all-around more powerful than Marth, then landing Roy's sweetspot would be less important than landing Marth's.

However, if Roy's air game truly does suck, then he's probably going to wind up being inferior to Marth. How does Roy's weight, recovery, and falling speed stack up against Marth's?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
While this is true, also consider that, because Roy is faster than Marth, he has an easier time getting up close to the opponent. So, logically, his speed would aid him in landing his sweetspot. Plus, if Roy is all-around more powerful than Marth, then landing Roy's sweetspot would be less important than landing Marth's.

However, if Roy's air game truly does suck, then he's probably going to wind up being inferior to Marth. How does Roy's weight, recovery, and falling speed stack up against Marth's?
Haven't compared the two yet. Need to have dinner then I might go back to comparisons. If I'm not too busy enjoying Ryu.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

Dunno about weight, but his recovery is pretty bad and he's a fast faller.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Looks like tons of dthrows were buffed to be comboable, since Link can now too. Any chance Mewtwo's dthrow got better? :/

The only reason people pop out of Mewtwo's U-Smash is because they just barely get caught in it. I've had it happen to me before, and it definitely looked like I deserved it. If the opponent gets knocked out of Mewtwo's U-Smash, it's the player's fault, not the game's. Avoiding such situations is just a matter of getting better.

I wasn't aware of the issues with Mewtwo's OoS N-Air. I guess that buffing its range a bit would be nice, but it seems like a somewhat trivial problem. I think there are other, larger issues that the devs could address before they start nitpicking Mewtwo's tiny problems.
The problem is that the Pikachu matchup is completely unmanageable because of Nair.

Also, I have landed Usmash on someone coming down on me and they pop out. Correct usage, glitchy hitbox.

Last edited:

Spirst

His uthrow kills now, and he can combo out of dthrow into fair and Fly. Overall buff. Huge buff, even.
Yeah, this was before I knew all that. I'm glad Charizard has some form of combo potential now from a grab outside of bthrow>fair.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Dunno about weight, but his recovery is pretty bad and he's a fast faller.
Eep. That could a problem. With the removal SHFFL, there's very little advantage to falling quickly, and a bad recovery and air game only make matters worse. His only hope now is that his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. Hopefully, Roy's extra speed and power will help him out some. Of course, extra weight would also be beneficial, but, currently, nobody knows if he actually has that.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Based on first impressions, Roy ain't that good. His moves aren't safe. He's fun though.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Ah the air of excitement over new characters. Such a scent is lost on me for Our Fair Lady is everything I'll ever need...I SAID WORK YOU STUPID NINTENDO SHOP

Top Bottom