• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Mewtwo's moveset is confirmed to retain:
Jab combo (with new finisher!)
Dash attack
U-Smash
D-smash
F-Throw
U-throw
D-throw
N-air
D-air
B-air
ALL THE SPECIALS

EDIT: In the video, he seems to use his air dodge to 'port out (like in Melee) but when he uses his n-air, he rises upwards. I feel safe in saying his unique second jump is the same, except it has Yoshi-esque properties that allow him to maintain his momentum/direction as he attacks.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Gotta say, it's gonna be hard to say no to the Nohr side in the new Fire Emblem, 'cause BEWBS.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Oh, and a balance patch as well.

Diddy's days of Hoo Hah-ing the entire roster are over!
How could I forget?! Iwata said that we'll keep getting DLC and other patches. Balance patches are no longer a dream!

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Just sent my character request in for 1 of my favorite Pokemon.

Hopefully Kirlia makes the cut, although I'll be shocked if they actually go through with it and include her as a playable fighter.

Only 1 major problem is that we already have Mewtwo (who more or less represents the Psychic type) and Jigglypuff (who represents Fairy both of which Kirlia is as of Gen VI).

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Oh my ****ing god that was amazing. Mewtwo looks great! Then they threw in Lucas and I almost freaked out! The moment they showed Ness and started playing the Love theme from Mother 3 I was almost in denial. Then they showed himandnowImsofreakinghappyrightnoooow!!!

April 15th here we come!!!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Was Mewtwo always able to teleport Horizontally, because I never knew that.
He can teleport downwards too if he wants. His teleport has 16 directions if I am not mistaken (Could be only 8).

So from the trailer, this is what I can tell:

Confirmed Melee Moveset:

Up Throw
Forward Throw
Down-Throw
Jab
Dash Attack
Grab
Pummel
Neutral Air
Back Air
Down-Air
Neutral-B
Side-B
Down-B
Up-B
Down-Smash
Up-Smash
Air Dodge
Running
Item Holding/Using
Double Jump

Missing in Action Moves: (Still probably Melee)

Back-Throw
Up-Air
Forward-Air
Forward-Smash
Forward-Tilt
Up-Tilt
Down-Tilt
Spot Dodge
Roll

Confirmed Colors:

Regular
Shadow Mewtwo
Blueish Purple
Teal
Orange

Missing in Action Colors: (Probably still there)

Light Blue
Green

Confirmed buffed: (At least from what we can tell)

Jab (Finisher helps it a lot)
Up-Smash
Side-B
Down-B
Double Jump (Keeps momentum)

Anything I missed?

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
HOW EPIC WAS THAT?!

Seriously. They made him look badass - His stances and his movement was precise and graceful but aggressive at the same. When that d-air hit, it felt mean! So did his forward throw.. and anyone notice how much faster he can combo?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
April 15th is two weeks away from April 1st

June is two months away from April

Mewtwo has two in his name

Lucas is the second Mother character in the Smash series

2+2+2+2=8

8 is how many starter characters were in the first game

(someone continue this)

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I find it hilarious how we still don't know Mewtwo's voice as he made no sound. Not even the grunts from Melee. From the title card though I think it's safe to say that we might be getting the original voice from Mewtwo Strikes Back back.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I love what they did with Confusion. It was such a crap move in Melee, except for the Battlefield exploit, but now it reflects projectiles properly and gives foes enough hitstun to combo them.

Kaora

Smash Cadet
On one side I'm very glad because mewtwo just looks AMAZING, but I can't help myself to be disappointed about the release date...
I really thought I would be able to play him today, the 15 days of waiting are gonna be so long...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I find it hilarious how we still don't know Mewtwo's voice as he made no sound. Not even the grunts from Melee. From the title card though I think it's safe to say that we might be getting the original voice from Mewtwo Strikes Back back.
You really think they'll get Philip Bartlett?
I guess that'd be nostalgic for a 90's kid like me, but I'd also like the Melee voice to be retained, but with some speaking lines. And Dan Green (who voiced Mewtwo in Mewtwo Returns) voicing Mewtwo would also be something I'd like to see....

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Mewtwo looks frikkin AWESOME. I screamed when his eye was shown. I like the movie reference. He got buffed from what I can see which is nice. I'm gonna rock the shiny Mewtwo alt. Its a shame we have to wait 2 more weeks but it's fine. We didn't hear his voice... I sincerely hope it isn't female. Also, I'm loving his model. Looks badass as hell.
Mewtwomewtwomewtwomewtwomewtw

Glad for the Lucas lovers out there. New smash poll is cool too.

FE though. At one point I wanna join the dark side because I'm edgy, but on the other I wanna join the Japanese side because I'm a weaboo. Super excited for this game.

Nice direct overall. It was cool. Mewtwo was the highlight. FE comes a close second.

Top Bottom