• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Hector! Only axe-wielder we have now is the Villager, and he doesn't count.

Also Neku from The World Ends With You. There's not a Smash character like him and I'd love to see him in this game.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Wait a second... We DID hear his voice, guys!! He has his feral sounds from Origins!

Here:

Right after he finishes using his Final Smash!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
On one side I'm very glad because mewtwo just looks AMAZING, but I can't help myself to be disappointed about the release date...
I really thought I would be able to play him today, the 15 days of waiting are gonna be so long...
I'd have to agree, plus April 28th is a few days before my birthday.

Hopefully my mom pulls through and gets me him as a B-day gift.

I have no intentions of ever getting the new Mii outfits like I said before (only 1 that might pipe an intrest would be the Smash outfit, and the Kitty outfit (because I'm a cat lover) mostly because I don't know how much memory my 3DS has, plus I plan on nabbing Lucas as well to try him out (since I use him somewhat in Brawl), and if Wolf gets in (which I think his chances are all but a done deal at this point) he'll be on the radar.

As much as I love the Ice Climbers I will not be paying for them, even if they're the next DLC character I will not pay, unless they are a single character with Nana as an alt for Popo then maybe I might reconsider, considering I like Nana more than Popo.

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I literally wonder what Nintendo would do if Goku was the most voted, its the fans choice, they would have to put him in, right?....

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
It almost sounded like he had his Origins sounds. I wouldn't mind that. I think it'd be a good compromise between male and female.
Yeah, it seems neutral. Maybe they've been paying attention to the forums. But yeah, in some parts though it sounds like his Melee voice but updated.

Look at that dodge though. They made him look really badass.

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
What an awesome trailer. I love the watermark. That nearly brought nostalgic tears for the amazing line. That model looks great as does the final smash. It looks like his shadow ball was buffed to since it travels faster and doesn't travel in slower jagged lines. That render art. Beautiful and badass!

DLC for other characters to. Congrats Lucas fans and mains! And certain amazing reptiles still have hope with the new fan voting poll for new fighters. Man, what an awesome direct. Mind blown right now. Mewtwo amiibo to? Yes please! I also like how he has more organic sounds to it seems. I liked his origins sound effects.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
TBH I'm really not surprised of Mewtwo anymore
When I seen the trailer, I just didn't care anymore.
Geeze. Really? I can't imagine anything worse than waiting this long and then just not caring.

I'm still overly hyped, waiting two more weeks is going to be tough.

I don't know about you guys, but I think he looks extremely elegant and graceful in his movements. I love how his eyes go green this time for disable instead of yellow. I also noticed in one part of the trailer, if you look at his back you can see his spine. It's a small detail, but it's just all that little bit more how much effort they put into him to make him so lifelike. He looks absolutely beautiful and I know that I'm going to sit and stare for hours on pause when he's released.

This has been a fantastic day. :) I wish the trailer was longer, but everything about it was so perfect....

GAHHH MEWTWOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Grunts? I wouldn't mind that at all! I am relieved that his default voice isn't female.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
HYPE!! Mewtwo confirmed for April 28th release. Well, for most people at least. I get him April 15th! He looks amazing! At first, I was skeptical about his Final Smash, but now that I'm seeing it in action, I think that I like it better than anything else they could've done. The comic book-style reaction panels are just incredible! Also, I love how the buffs are looking, and that D-Air looks horrendous for opponents. His B-Air also made a satisfying sound when it connected, almost like a "WHAMP!". The F-Throw just looks amazing, what with the new levitation pose and stuff, and I love how epic Shadow Ball looks in HD! It just exuberates raw power. I'm really glad it kept its erratic trajectory. That was one of the best things about it in Melee. Teleport's new dark-themed animation is just downright awesome, and I love how he crosses his arms as he enters and exits it. Finally, I like how he kept everything from Melee, including his one-sided D-Smash. It looks really powerful in order to compensate for its limited range. His U-Smash's new animation is so awesome I don't think I can properly describe it, and it appears to have insane power. Oh, and Confusion is now a proper reflector, and Mewtwo can now act out of it fast enough for it to be useful! The new sound effects for his attacks sound amazing, too, and I just adore his awesome new taunts. I also like how Mewtwo leans down when he uses Disable. It makes him look like the twisted, savage beast that he is, not to mention allowing him to hit short characters like Kirby and Jigglypuff. The green eyes are an interesting design choice, but I still love them. They really stick out. Just to keep the rest of this short, I pretty much like everything about Mewtwo, and I'll definitely be maining him.

@Raykz - His Dash Attack looks to be seriously buffed, as it looks like it has much less ending lag and does much more knockback.

Oh, and @JesseMcCloud - Thank you! I'm really glad they kept it! It's very powerful-looking, as always, though it looks like its not Mewtwo's only kill option now, thankfully. Now I just hope that they keep his Melee taunt. While his other taunts look awesome, I really like that one, and its absence slightly disturbed me. I hope it returns.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Geeze. Really? I can't imagine anything worse than waiting this long and then just not caring.

I don't know about you guys, but I think he looks extremely elegant and graceful in his movements. I love how his eyes go green this time for disable instead of yellow. I also noticed in one part of the trailer, if you look at his back you can see his spine. It's a small detail, but it's just all that little bit more how much effort they put into him to make him so lifelike. He looks absolutely beautiful and I know that I'm going to sit and stare for hours on pause when he's released.

This has been a fantastic day. :) I wish the trailer was longer, but everything about it was so perfect....

AGREED! 100%

He looks amazing, very animalistic/primal yet graceful and powerful. I can't wait to see him in all his HD glory. His attacks are revamped in a way that makes him seem more powerful.. I love it..

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548

I've been waiting awhile and now I don't feel as much surprised, don't get me wrong, I still like SSB4, just this trailer didn't surprise me lol.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Do we think Mewtwo (and Lucas) will have unlockable custom moves like everyone else or just a standard set of specials?

Maybe they're already unlocked upon download if he has customs?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Do we think Mewtwo (and Lucas) will have unlockable custom moves like everyone else or just a standard set of specials?

Maybe they're already unlocked upon download if he has customs?
I don't see why they would not have costume moves.

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap you guys... I'm just blown away right now. We still have to wait a little while, but the suspense is finally over. It's Mewtwo... Actual Mewtwo.

I don't know if I can even bring myself to vote for another DLC character. Mewtwo is legitimately the only character I really wanted. I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way right now.

April 15th cannot possibly come sooner!

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Alright, so outta sheer hype, I made a wallpaper similar to one I had for Mewtwo a while back, except it's for both of my mains. Unfortunately this wallpaper is a lot less relevant if you don't also main or play Sonic.

Attachments

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Mewtwo looked sooooo good oh man, April 15 can't come fast enough! Lucas coming back was a nice surprise (loved the tagline "comes out of nowhere!") but I was waiting for the ice climbers >:( and the character ballot is really cool but hopefully they do more stages too! Maybe they'll announce some at E3.

MARIO KART 8 IS PUSHED UP TO APRIL YES when they announced 200cc I was hoping for more DLC packs or a playable battle mode but it looks fun too

I feel like i wasted my vote when I voted for isabelle from new leaf, but my only other choice would have been the ice climbers and that probably would have been a wasted vote too

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
*sigh* Finally. The suspense is finally over. I can relax now. April 28th, here I come!

Oh, is it April 15th? They threw so many dates around, I must have gotten confused.

Apriil 15th is even better!! Just two more weeks!

Wait, no... it is April 28th. You guys are messing with my head!

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Did you guys check out that double jump? Before he teleports behind Megaman, and just after he uses his side-B with Charizard? It looks way better than Melee!

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
HYPE!! Mewtwo confirmed for April 28th release. Well, for most people at least. I get him April 15th! He looks amazing! At first, I was skeptical about his Final Smash, but now that I'm seeing it in action, I think that I like it better than anything else they could've done. The comic book-style reaction panels are just incredible! Also, I love how the buffs are looking, and that D-Air looks horrendous for opponents. His B-Air also made a satisfying sound when it connected, almost like a "WHAMP!". The F-Throw just looks amazing, what with the new levitation pose and stuff, and I love how epic Shadow Ball looks in HD! It just exuberates raw power. I'm really glad it kept its erratic trajectory. That was one of the best things about it in Melee. Teleport's new dark-themed animation is just downright awesome, and I love how he crosses his arms as he enters and exits it. Finally, I like how he kept everything from Melee, including his one-sided D-Smash. It looks really powerful in order to compensate for its limited range. His U-Smash's new animation is so awesome I don't think I can properly describe it, and it appears to have insane power. Oh, and Confusion is now a proper reflector, and Mewtwo can now act out of it fast enough for it to be useful! The new sound effects for his attacks sound amazing, too, and I just adore his awesome new taunts. I also like how Mewtwo leans down when he uses Disable. It makes him look like the twisted, savage beast that he is, not to mention allowing him to hit short characters like Kirby and Jigglypuff. The green eyes are an interesting design choice, but I still love them. They really stick out. Just to keep the rest of this short, I pretty much like everything about Mewtwo, and I'll definitely be maining him.

@Raykz - His Dash Attack looks to be seriously buffed, as it looks like it has much less ending lag and does much more knockback.

Oh, and @JesseMcCloud - Thank you! I'm really glad they kept it! It's very powerful-looking, as always, though it looks like its not Mewtwo's only kill option now, thankfully. Now I just hope that they keep his Melee taunt. While his other taunts look awesome, I really like that one, and its absence slightly disturbed me. I hope it returns.
Pikachu walking backwards made me laugh, so ridiculous. XD

I'm in LOVE with the shadow lugia costume. His white tail looks amazing~ We've never really seen him with a white tail before, I think I'll be using that costume quite a bit!

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
I voted 3 times already. There's really nothing in place to prevent us from voting more and I don't really see the issue. Vote for Squirtle and Ivysaur!

Mewtwo's model looks amazing. The eye right in the beginning was really cool. I'm honestly a little bummed out that it's just his Melee moveset, but maybe custom moves? Annoyed we have to wait another two weeks still.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Pikachu walking backwards made me laugh, so ridiculous. XD

I'm in LOVE with the shadow lugia costume. His white tail looks amazing~ We've never really seen him with a white tail before, I think I'll be using that costume quite a bit!
Yeah, I really like that costume, too! I think the eyes look a bit strange when compared to the body, but I love it nonetheless. Personally, I thought the cyan costume was really eye-catching. The colors of his tail and eyes really look nice together. I think that's the one that I'll be using the most.

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Alright, so outta sheer hype, I made a wallpaper similar to one I had for Mewtwo a while back, except it's for both of my mains. Unfortunately this wallpaper is a lot less relevant if you don't also main or play Sonic.
YOOOO THESE WILL BE MY MAINS!!
Using this! ty

AND EXTREME HYPE!!!

I love how Mewtwo looks! He looked really buffed.
(I THINK I SAW HIM ACT OUT OF TELEPORT DONT QUOTE ME ON IT THOUGH(itwaswhenhedidhisnair))

Just looks amazing overall.

AND LUCAS AAAAAA
<3

And these will be my requests
Ice Climbers
Sceptile
Breloom
Viewtiful Joe
Megaman Starforce
Rayman

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137

He had it coming :/

Mewtwo is Greninja's nerf this patch :troll:

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
That Final Smash.

Powering up for a single attack is such a... Such a Dragon Ball Z-ish thing to do.

And I love it.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Wait a second... We DID hear his voice, guys!! He has his feral sounds from Origins!

Here:

Right after he finishes using his Final Smash!
Wait you mean that echoey scream? Cause if that's what I heard. That'll be cooler than male OR female voices.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So anyone else notice Mewtwo beating up Melee veterans a lot? He was attacking Dr. Mario at least twice in the trailer and even went after Roy! :troll:

Top Bottom