• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Pokken is looking great with these new chars, love all of them except for Braixen (yep Fire starters are this games sword equilvalent). Also LOVE that both Mewtwos have Mega X, Fetus Head had enough spotlight time for Stretch Armstrong to get some love. Only thing that sucks is Sylveon is an assist cause she was the best canadit for an eevelution rep.
You mean they are this game's brawler equivalent? Ok, gotcha' what you meant now....

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I am getting extremely tired of people saying Mewtwo still sucks hard when they don't even know anything about him .

Cringeworthy comments such as "Oh, he dies SOOO EXTREMELY EARLY!" I cringe every time I hear this and it's easily the most annoying thing that people say about our main.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I am getting extremely tired of people saying Mewtwo still sucks hard when they don't even know anything about him .

Cringeworthy comments such as "Oh, he dies SOOO EXTREMELY EARLY!" I cringe every time I hear this and it's easily the most annoying thing that people say about our main.
Same here, a friend of mine thinks he's still bottom 5 solely because of his weight.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I love using Mewtwo, but I find him harder to use when there are more than four people at once because he dies earlier than most characters.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
He's not hard to hit.

It's his everything else that makes up for that though. ;P

What does he think of Rosalina?
Well, if you're a very high level player, you'll take advantage of his phasing, speed in the air and ground, which, it actually does make
him hard to hit. I, of course, am not that level, but I do know that reaching that high of level with Mewtwo can mean a huge thing - maximizing the power of your spacing game is absolutely a big deal.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
"Translation of President Kimishima's plans published in Mainichi Shimbun by twitter user serkantoto

1. Nintendo president Kimishima just published his plans for 2016 in news paper Mainichi Shimbun. Here's the gist:
  2. Kimishima says Nintendo wants to surprise fans with new ideas - not build on old ones. Nintendo will in 2016 release “details” on the NX.
  3. Kimishima claims the expansion to smartphones and theme parks, but also to movies and TV animes (via character licensing) is progressing.
  4. He says it’s vital for Nintendo to experiment with new business models. He confirms the first smartphone app will be rolled out in March.
  5. Kimishima promises smartphone apps with Nintendo’s famous characters in 2016. He wants to bring the company’s financials to a new level.
  6. The plan is to bring profits to 100 billion yen ($855 million) in “several years”. [Note: that would be 4x of last year's profit.] //end"
Got this from here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/414kdz/so_what_nintendo_anime_do_you_want_to_see/

What does everyone think of this? I'm extremely excited to see what a Nintendo anime can do. Smash Bros, Kid Icarus, Zelda, Fire Emblem... lots of franchises that would be awesome as an anime! Judging from the Palutena trailer, I honestly think this has a lot of potential. The old F-Zero/Fire Emblem anime aren't bad, but I'd really like to see something new and not low budget.

On the other hand, video game anime adaptations aren't exactly known for being great... but I trust that Nintendo can make it work.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I see it having potential like the Kid Icarus ones and the Palutena trailer. A Smash anime done by Shaft would be interesting.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm a little late to the party, but Chandelure is a strange, although fun-looking, choice. I'm really interested to see how he'll play, since he's a levitating Pokémon and all. I bet he'll be really unique. I really like Chandelure's design, as well, so that's another point in his favor. Something about the whole "possessed chandelier from the 1800s" look he has going on really appeals to me.

Anyhow, I guess I'd be interested in a Nintendo anime of some kind. I'm not really into anime that much, and none of what I'd consider the prime candidates for an anime adaptation, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, are series that I'm particularly interested in, but I might watch a Legend of Zelda anime. That doesn't seem too far outside of the realm of possibility. I'd definitely watch a hypothetical Smash anime, however, but that seems a tad more Farfetch'd. Hopefully, it'd go down a better path than the Pokémon anime, though, from the episodes that I've sporadically watched, the latter seems to have recovered somewhat.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'm a little late to the party, but Chandelure is a strange, although fun-looking, choice. I'm really interested to see how he'll play, since he's a levitating Pokémon and all. I bet he'll be really unique. I really like Chandelure's design, as well, so that's another point in his favor. Something about the whole "possessed chandelier from the 1800s" look he has going on really appeals to me.

Anyhow, I guess I'd be interested in a Nintendo anime of some kind. I'm not really into anime that much, and none of what I'd consider the prime candidates for an anime adaptation, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, are series that I'm particularly interested in, but I might watch a Legend of Zelda anime. That doesn't seem too far outside of the realm of possibility. I'd definitely watch a hypothetical Smash anime, however, but that seems a tad more Farfetch'd. Hopefully, it'd go down a better path than the Pokémon anime, though, from the episodes that I've sporadically watched, the latter seems to have recovered somewhat.
I've been wanting a Nintendo anime for years. All it needs is the animation style from Palutena's trailer and we are set. (And the writers from There will be brawl...lol wishful thinking. Fun fact, did you know Matthew Mercer, the voice of Chrom, made that series? It's quite graphic at times too)

But yeah, Nintendo anime, someone make it happen. It prints money.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So I'm thinking #3 will officially be Mewtwo. My Greninja's become mediocre and stale and my Cloud has yet to improve and meet base Cloud standards. Mewtwo on the other hand, has gotten compliments from quite a few people as of late. I'm glad, I played a thing called Project M Unbound, my main trio: :4metaknight: :4mewtwo: and :4lucina:
So, I suppose I've officially returned and have made my final choice...hopefully. I highly doubt I'll change my mind now.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Here's the video of my final match for a tournament I had with some co-workers.
I fail at landing strings...

MewSquared

Smash Rookie
I personally think dash attack is quite a good move, following up on shields after a shadow ball since people tend to drop it after blocking for fear of it breaking. I use dash attack quite a bit, very handy.

Also down air is very good too, it comes out fast enough to be used on stage from a short hop, and the spike hitbox stays out for a long time.

U tilt is nice for getting jab-utilt-usmash, not much else...better than disable I think though.

Jab 2 is also kinda situational but if your opponent misses the tech after confusion, it sets up for the whole jab, I think it's cool.

Imo all of M2s moves are good except side tilt and maybe teleport due to the stupid glitch. But even that can be used on stage for the occasional juke and cancel on the ledge. So really just side tilt sucks.

And D throw.

My list:

Great:

D tilt
Shadow ball
Forward air
U throw
Jab 1
Confusion

Good:
F throw
B throw
Nair
U smash
Dash attack
D smash
Bair
Dair

Eh:
Uair (I feel like opponents air dodge this one too easily...I'm probably doing it wrong. Tips?
Jab 2
Disable
Teleport
Side tilt
D throw
I agree with some of it. I would definitely change U smash to great though. It's an amazing kill option that can almost never be challenged. Maybe Bair as well because it is very solid in certain matchups. Also I've been using D smash alot more recently and have been getting some pretty exceptional results with it, maybe that warrants it being raised. Now for the Eh category I would definitely place Disable, D throw, and Uair in the good section. Disable is super clutch and I have won sets against super skilled players because of that move. D throw, although unable to true combo, can set up for follow ups and spikes near the ledge, or Fair kills. Uair I would move up since the recent buff. It now kills at high percents, so going for air dodge baits which Mewtwo already does really well just became one notch stronger. Also I once true comboed a Shiek with Dtilt Uair on Lylat for kill. I don't remember the percents but I plan to test this out again and dissect it. The rest of the moves in the "Eh" category can stay, but I would rename "Eh" to solid because they all have good uses, it's just more limited than the rest. Jab 2 can be good to push opponents away when you need the space and if the opponent has a combo breaking move to prevent a long combo string. Teleport, although can be abused with the 2 frame punish, is still a long distance recovery move with invincibility and can be used to escape some pressure when timed and angled right. Side tilt still covers decent range, and is a good move when pivoted. I would not really use it standing, as Dtilt and Utilt do the job but better, but a pivot side tilt can avoid a hit while returning the favor with a solid knockback move to create space. Oh and speaking of Utilt, you left it out :)

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I agree with some of it. I would definitely change U smash to great though. It's an amazing kill option that can almost never be challenged. Maybe Bair as well because it is very solid in certain matchups. Also I've been using D smash alot more recently and have been getting some pretty exceptional results with it, maybe that warrants it being raised. Now for the Eh category I would definitely place Disable, D throw, and Uair in the good section. Disable is super clutch and I have won sets against super skilled players because of that move. D throw, although unable to true combo, can set up for follow ups and spikes near the ledge, or Fair kills. Uair I would move up since the recent buff. It now kills at high percents, so going for air dodge baits which Mewtwo already does really well just became one notch stronger. Also I once true comboed a Shiek with Dtilt Uair on Lylat for kill. I don't remember the percents but I plan to test this out again and dissect it. The rest of the moves in the "Eh" category can stay, but I would rename "Eh" to solid because they all have good uses, it's just more limited than the rest. Jab 2 can be good to push opponents away when you need the space and if the opponent has a combo breaking move to prevent a long combo string. Teleport, although can be abused with the 2 frame punish, is still a long distance recovery move with invincibility and can be used to escape some pressure when timed and angled right. Side tilt still covers decent range, and is a good move when pivoted. I would not really use it standing, as Dtilt and Utilt do the job but better, but a pivot side tilt can avoid a hit while returning the favor with a solid knockback move to create space. Oh and speaking of Utilt, you left it out :)
Thanks for the input man, nice to hear from such a highly acclaimed M2. Yeah, those are all definitely valid points. I think the only reason I didn't put u smash as great was due to the cool down after use if you whiff it. I still dunno what to do with d throw, I always opt for f throw for damage usually, although maybe the edge is better for d throw like you said. My other issue with u air is that it cant be short hopped, the hitbox completely misses unlike the other aerials shorthopped. I forgot u tilt? I would put it in good then, I mainly like it because jab-u tilt-up smash is legit. Hitbox is still a little off though. Jab 2 isn't bad, again I just hate how you're open if they escape. I've been trying to get better with landing with teleport from offstage so its growing on me. I lost a tourney match last week due to teleport glitch though, left me a little salty.

But I definitely agree that M2 has no "bad" moves anyways, none of them are just flat out awful or not worth using which is nice.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Here's the video of my final match for a tournament I had with some co-workers.
I fail at landing strings...
It seems like you were playing very conservatively. Although it worked well in winning and you forced the opponent to come to you, so that's not a bad thing or anything. I tend to sometimes go on the aggressive when it's not always entirely necessary or I'm better off staying defensive. I'm just the type that would aggressively chase someone off stage as soon as they went off.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I've been wanting a Nintendo anime for years. All it needs is the animation style from Palutena's trailer and we are set. (And the writers from There will be brawl...lol wishful thinking. Fun fact, did you know Matthew Mercer, the voice of Chrom, made that series? It's quite graphic at times too)

But yeah, Nintendo anime, someone make it happen. It prints money.
To be honest, there is a short Fire Emblem anime released in the 90's....

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
To be honest, there is a short Fire Emblem anime released in the 90's....
There was also a Super Mario anime earlier than that, "The Great Adventure To Save Princess Peach", among others.
Then of course there was the Kirby anime Right Back at Ya! and F-Zero anime GP Legends during the Gamecube/GBA era, and finally a Kid Icarus Uprising miniseries following the game's release. So there's actually been quite a few Nintendo animes.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
There was also a Super Mario anime earlier than that, "The Great Adventure To Save Princess Peach", among others.
Then of course there was the Kirby anime Right Back at Ya! and F-Zero anime GP Legends during the Gamecube/GBA era, and finally a Kid Icarus Uprising miniseries following the game's release. So there's actually been quite a few Nintendo animes.
Oh, I totally forgot the Mario and Zelda.... no, there was not Zelda anime, let's not talk about that.
And Kirby RBaY!, how did it not even passed through my head? I watched the heck out of that thing when I was younger....
Oh, and there was also a Mario Hollywood blockbuster.... hope they do a sequel:yeahboi:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Oh, I totally forgot the Mario and Zelda.... no, there was not Zelda anime, let's not talk about that.
And Kirby RBaY!, how did it not even passed through my head? I watched the heck out of that thing when I was younger....
Oh, and there was also a Mario Hollywood blockbuster.... hope they do a sequel:yeahboi:
No, seriously, there is no Zelda anime, nothing official anyway. A western cartoon isn't an anime.
Zelda manga, on the other hand... there's like one for every game starting from A Link To The Past.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That was a cartoon? lol K, Nintendo's record is not very good with letting westerners handle their IP, then....
Well excuuuuuuuuse me princess!

Ugh. That line in it.

But I want a real smash bros anime, like one punch style or something.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
All the Nintendo anime we had so far are too short and/or out-dated (except Pokemon... but the Pokemon anime strays pretty far from the actual games). I'd really like to see a fresh, well-animated, and faithful Nintendo anime series with at least 12 episodes.

Smash anime would be so cool. We have never seen Smash characters interact with each other except for Subspace and special taunts/victory screens... it'd be so cool to see something like Charizard and Kirby fighting over the last piece of cake. Or we could see an epic battle between Mewtwo and Ganondorf or something. So much potential!!!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
All the Nintendo anime we had so far are too short and/or out-dated (except Pokemon... but the Pokemon anime strays pretty far from the actual games). I'd really like to see a fresh, well-animated, and faithful Nintendo anime series with at least 12 episodes.

Smash anime would be so cool. We have never seen Smash characters interact with each other except for Subspace and special taunts/victory screens... it'd be so cool to see something like Charizard and Kirby fighting over the last piece of cake. Or we could see an epic battle between Mewtwo and Ganondorf or something. So much potential!!!
Crossovers of any kind make me giddy. But aside from costumes (Bayonetta/Monster Hunter) or the odd guest appearance (Link in Soul Calibur 2), Nintendo doesn't cross it's franchises with other company's games much. Fiora, Chrom and Lucina in Project X Zone 2 and the guest stars in Smash are a start, but I'm still waiting for that crossover of 4 (Nintendo, Sega, Capcom and Namco), or failing that, just a Nintendo vs. Capcom game (Charizard in particular I'd like to see matched up against Firebrand).

The problem is that characters like Mario and Link are known for being "blank slate" characters, so it's pretty hard to create a personality for them not carved by a player. The other big problem for a Smash anime in particular is creating a coherent story around 50 or so characters who, for all intents and purposes are treated as equal in a spotlight term. Even the PXZ games have a set of original characters to base their story around.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
meleebrawler meleebrawler

"The other big problem for a Smash anime in particular is creating a coherent story around 50 or so characters who, for all intents and purposes are treated as equal in a spotlight term."

Fantastic point. I adored Subspace Emissary, and I'd love a similar sort of spin-off, but the roster is so massive now! Even in Brawl, Wolf, Jigglypuff, and Toon Link are nowhere to be seen, and Sonic only appears in the finale.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Hey guys! Just dropping in to say that I'm going to my first tournament tonight and I'm gonna rep Mewtwo as much as I can. Wish me luck!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hey guys! Just dropping in to say that I'm going to my first tournament tonight and I'm gonna rep Mewtwo as much as I can. Wish me luck!
Good luck, man. What country/region are you competing in? Post vids if your match gets recorded! I always love to see Mewtwo players. There are a lot of unexplored matchups.

Edit: Also, since I was away for a couple days!

I'm loving all the Pokken news! LAN has saved tournaments, Braxien, Garchomp, and Chandelure look like lots of fun, why do we have so many fire-types AND we get regular Mewtwo! Excellent! I love that they went with Mega Mewtwo X; I think I find it more fitting than Y today than I did back in 2013 or whenever it was revealed.

If I get Scolipede or Giratina, then Pokken will have given me everything I wanted, really. Well, assuming we get at least one fighter for each type! That's the most important, imo. I hope the rumor's true and we'll have a 20-character roster.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well excuuuuuuuuse me princess!

Ugh. That line in it.

But I want a real smash bros anime, like one punch style or something.
Well, I guess we'll have that Super Mario Bros. Z reboot which you seem to have gotten your avatar from to tide us over until then, huh?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
At first, I was a little upset that both Mewtwo used Mega Mewtwo X, but then I realized that Shadow Mewtwo wasn't always Mega Evolved in battle. Maybe I missed something obvious, but I was under the impression that Shadow Mewtwo would always fight in his Mega Shadow Mewtwo X form (I think it was the fact that Shadow Mewtwo always seemed to be in Mega X state during his boss battle), rather than Mega Evolution being his Burst Attack. So, that means that both Mewtwo Mega Evolve into their Mega X forms for their respective Burst Attacks, which probably means that Shadow Mewtwo is a clone of Mewtwo in every way except stats. I suppose that justifies it, so I'm not terribly upset anymore. Sort of makes this post moot, I guess, but whatever:p.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I would love to see Tabuu again in Smash as a character rather than a boss.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Heya, Mewtwos! I'm back from my tourney, and I placed third! I'd say that pretty good for my first time. I went Mewtwo the whole time, and I got lots of complements on him. I even did Mewtwo dittos during the tourney! As for my loss, I lost against a really good Toon Link (back throw pls no) sending me into the Losers Bracket and climbed back up to the top from there. Finally, in the semifinals, I was against a Pikachu. He ended up 2-0ing me, but definitely not without a fight. Both of them were super close matches and I had lots of fun doing them.

Good luck, man. What country/region are you competing in? Post vids if your match gets recorded! I always love to see Mewtwo players. There are a lot of unexplored matchups.
Ah, I forgot to mention that this was just a locals tourney. Sorry 'bout that! I hope that doesn't dim down my success...

As for the videos, some were recorded but I'm not sure if they'll be uploaded, where they'll be uploaded, or what channel is uploading them. I'll definitely give an update if I find out!

D

Deleted member

Heya, Mewtwos! I'm back from my tourney, and I placed third! I'd say that pretty good for my first time. I went Mewtwo the whole time, and I got lots of complements on him. I even did Mewtwo dittos during the tourney! As for my loss, I lost against a really good Toon Link (back throw pls no) sending me into the Losers Bracket and climbed back up to the top from there. Finally, in the semifinals, I was against a Pikachu. He ended up 2-0ing me, but definitely not without a fight. Both of them were super close matches and I had lots of fun doing them.

Ah, I forgot to mention that this was just a locals tourney. Sorry 'bout that! I hope that doesn't dim down my success...

As for the videos, some were recorded but I'm not sure if they'll be uploaded, where they'll be uploaded, or what channel is uploading them. I'll definitely give an update if I find out!
Congrats! That's very good for a first tournament. Gonna be interested in seeing some of the matches.

I have a tournament tomorrow too, gonna use Mewtwo there as well but not solo.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Congrats! That's very good for a first tournament. Gonna be interested in seeing some of the matches.

I have a tournament tomorrow too, gonna use Mewtwo there as well but not solo.
Thank you, and best of luck on your tournament too!

Top Bottom