• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Hmm, they could nerf Stealth Rocks a bit next time, it is a shame that some mons' viability is determined by how much damage they sustain from them.

Perhaps 12% damage if you are weak, 25% if you have a double weakness.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Meanwhile, Nintendo just selected their new president.... some Tatsumi Kimishima....
The guy doesn't seen to be half as charismatic and fun as Iwata was, but he is not new to high positions in Nintendo and The Pokémon Company, so that makes me more calm about him.
Now let's hope he doesn't send Nintendo to a 3rd party or too mobile route....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Meanwhile, Nintendo just selected their new president.... some Tatsumi Kimishima....
The guy doesn't seen to be half as charismatic and fun as Iwata was, but he is not new to high positions in Nintendo and The Pokémon Company, so that makes me more calm about him.
Now let's hope he doesn't send Nintendo to a 3rd party or too mobile route....
He said he's keeping it like Iwata did

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Because in Japan, they actually experiment with every character that isn't Ike or DK unlike the western competitive side who only uses Sheik and Diddy
People hopped off the Diddy bandwagon like, 3 patches ago though?

Also, after monkeys :4diddy:, gorillas are easily the next best thing! :4dk::4myfriends:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
lolno. ZeRo still uses Diddy and Sheik all the time
He doesn't really use Diddy 'all the time', ZeRo is a pretty tame "Diddy main" if he uses Sheik in 99% of his most important matches. And legends as M2K, Ally, Nairo and others have all dropped Diddy since Hoo-Hah didn't kill anymore. :rolleyes: The only REAL and 'true' Diddy main out there is probably MVD. And aside from ZeRo, nobody is really using Diddy as a secondary.

Now count all Sheik mains please. :smirk:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He doesn't really use Diddy 'all the time', ZeRo is a pretty tame "Diddy main" if he uses Sheik in 99% of his most important matches. And legends as M2K, Ally, Nairo and others have all dropped Diddy since Hoo-Hah didn't kill anymore. :rolleyes: The only REAL and 'true' Diddy main out there is probably MVD. And aside from ZeRo, nobody is really using Diddy as a secondary.

Now count all Sheik mains please. :smirk:
Diddy got buffed again though

Why act smug? I listed Sheik there too, are you trying to act like you want a punch to the face or something?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I imagine it's because a lot of the big names all use Sheik.

And it's one thing to question something and another to ask someone if they want a bop in the nose.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes they all used to use Diddy, but they don't anymore because of the nerfs to Hoo-Hah mostly. I like using the smug face, am a sarcastic taunting individual. :)

Truth to be told, nowadays more people use the gorillas :4dk::4myfriends: than the monkeys :4diddy:, because the gorillas got buffs that pleased the crowd better I guess.

Anyway, Mewtwo still sucks. :4mewtwo:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I imagine it's because a lot of the big names all use Sheik.

And it's one thing to question something and another to ask someone if they want a bop in the nose.
Again, I already had named Sheik in that post meaning Diddy saying 'what about Sheik?' is pretty ****ing dumb. Not to mention it's pretty much a fact that smug faces are fist magnets

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Truth to be told, nowadays more people use the gorillas :4dk::4myfriends: than the monkeys :4diddy:, because the gorillas got buffs that pleased the crowd better I guess.
Kinda hoping they start buffing the lizards too.

I want to like Mewtwo but man do I suck with him. Either I win a fight easily or it goes downhill from the get go.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Again, I already had named Sheik in that post meaning Diddy saying 'what about Sheik?' is pretty ****ing dumb. Not to mention it's pretty much a fact that smug faces are fist magnets
But my point still remains, Sheik is heavily overused, Diddy is not- at least not anymore.

Also, you'd hate me in real life. I love taunting people.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But my point still remains, Sheik is heavily overused, Diddy is not- at least not anymore.

Also, you'd hate me in real life. I love taunting people.
Again, I used Diddy as an example because everyone used him all the time, not to mention there weren't any Sheiks in the top 8 of a recent tournament iirc

This isn't about you taunting. It's about you being redundant and being proud of it

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Kinda hoping they start buffing the lizards too.

I want to like Mewtwo but man do I suck with him. Either I win a fight easily or it goes downhill from the get go.
Well if you need help just ask and :4dk: :4myfriends: might have gotten threatening buff's but Mewtwo still has the ability to find ways against them Ex.They can be easier comboed against.
:4diddy: you just have to try to find a way to rack up fast damage and K.O him

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Again, I used Diddy as an example because everyone used him all the time, not to mention there weren't any Sheiks in the top 8 of a recent tournament iirc

This isn't about you taunting. It's about you being redundant and being proud of it
The only reason that Diddy kong is still placing in tournaments is because he is not a bad character, and MVD, ZeRo and Angel are all beasts at this game. Diddy is probably 12-16 in this game and still viable. The three good Diddy mains out there are doing insanely well with him. and Shiek is falling because of the bias towards her (well deserved) and the fact that everyone is learning the MU. Even though she is best in the game, people are still learning the MU and learning how to beat her more then anyone else in the game. hardly anyone is learning the Diddy kong MU anymore because they don't consider him a threat.

Also, ZeRo uses Diddy because Diddy kong is his favorite character. and He uses him in the Shiek MU because people don't like Shiek v. Shiek and because he is not that comfortable in that MU.

Diddy kong did get buffed but only slightly, only a slightly better Jab, 5-10% ko increase on Dsmash and a better linking Usmash, which is basically giving a loaf of bread to someone who is on fire, in regards to the Usmash.

Also, in regards to you being the fifth most liked person... Take it and put it on a placard, maybe it will have some use as a wall decoration, because I can't see any other use for it...

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The good news is there's new content dlc on the way which probably means character tweaks come with it if prior content giving updates means anything. Come on Mewtwo you need that one major buff.

No not your weight. I mean being re-voiced by Miriam Pultro.

Sonicninja115

mewtwo doesnt suck, he is just having a hard time.

played alot on FG today with Mewtwo, didnt lost one. but I did have some problem against a powerful ZSS and Tricky Sheik :/
I agree. Mewtwo at this point is probably at least mid-tier. Mewtwo is just a high level character. He isn't easy to learn nor play. I think in time people are going to put Mewtwo in High tier, even without buffs. As long as good players play him of course. Just look at Mewsquared from texas. You can watch his videos on Tourney Locator.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Speaking of something else, some news regarding Zygarde and Greninja's form have surfaced already.

http://serebii.net/news/2015/14-September-2015.shtml

The Ash Greninja doesn't seem to be a mega evolution after all but a form the pokemon can achieve in the Kalos region when it has a strong bond with it's trainer, hence why it takes on Ash's appearance. Considering that Smogon places Greninja in ubers already, if this new form raises its power considerably many there are going to have an aneurysm :awesome:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I agree. Mewtwo at this point is probably at least mid-tier. Mewtwo is just a high level character. He isn't easy to learn nor play. I think in time people are going to put Mewtwo in High tier, even without buffs. As long as good players play him of course. Just look at Mewsquared from texas. You can watch his videos on Tourney Locator.
It's probably because of this that Mewtwo has left most people with a bad first impression that is very difficult to shake, on top throwing things like "hitbox and hurtbox issues" into the fire in order to bolster said opinions of Mewtwo being bad and further justify their decision to not learn him.

Which is a shame, since Mewtwo is basically a heavy with big punish potential that avoids many of the pitfalls that tend to plague that archetype competitively in Smash: poor recovery, bad mobility and/or inability to threaten from a distance, though at the cost of raw survivability of course. Though such a gameplan isn't the most consistent, Mewtwo is probably the one most likely to pull it off when played to maximum potential.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Yes they all used to use Diddy, but they don't anymore because of the nerfs to Hoo-Hah mostly. I like using the smug face, am a sarcastic taunting individual. :)

Anyway, Mewtwo still sucks. :4mewtwo:
Meanwhile, I'm still here wondering why a freaking winged dragon has one of the three worsts recoveries and air movement in general in the game....
I am pretty sure Charizard is ironically the worst Pokémon in the game.... he seriously needs at least Ike's massive frame buff treatment.
Oh, and Sheik is not even near "overused".... not near as overused as Melee's Fox at least.... and Brawl's Meta Knight.... and pre-nerf Sm4sh's Diddy.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Meanwhile, I'm still here wondering why a freaking winged dragon has one of the three worsts recoveries and air movement in general in the game....
I am pretty sure Charizard is ironically the worst Pokémon in the game.... he seriously needs at least Ike's massive frame buff treatment.
Not that ironic... Charizard is somewhat overrated without his Mega Evolutions.

But in all seriousness I'm hard pressed to call Zard's recovery one of the worst with the super long distance armoured move that is Flare Blitz (or in customs, the super-safe Dragon Rush) and an up b that's also armoured. And most heavies would kill to have at least one more midair jump (and his airspeed is a damn sight better than Dedede's).

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Charizard isn't all that bad. It got huge improvements in the last two patches, I think he is fine the way he is and perhaps it puts him on the lower mid tier.

Also, sexy new 3DS theme incoming to the japanese Eshop!

I'm so freaking buying this.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
At the moment I glanced at that image and saw Mega Mewtwo X I so hoped this was some leak or something of Mewtwo in Pokkén....
Not that ironic... Charizard is somewhat overrated without his Mega Evolutions.

But in all seriousness I'm hard pressed to call Zard's recovery one of the worst with the super long distance armoured move that is Flare Blitz (or in customs, the super-safe Dragon Rush) and an up b that's also armoured. And most heavies would kill to have at least one more midair jump (and his airspeed is a damn sight better than Dedede's).
Ganondorf also has a long distance Side B (not as long, but still), and it doesn't stop him from being another of the three worst....
Also, his two or three midair jumps literally can't account for the single midair jump of most characters.... he gets like, four pixels higher for every "jump" or something like that.
And I'm still scratching my head to this day about how his "armored" Up B got rekt by Peach's Dair and some other move from some other character I don't remember the last few times I tried to use him in FG.

Igzex

That's the trading card game's art style.

I'd hope it means a Mega Mewtwo Y card that isn't garbage.

Sonicninja115

D1's twitter is like the place of legends, first the New-Haa and now this.

https://vine.co/v/eF99KMlIbVV

It definitely works and most likely true combo's they might not even be able to jump away (Note: the Bair is only a set-up move)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ah yes, it is pretty neat and I saw on the play of the week.
Not sure if it's a true combo though but I could be wrong; I've tested air Confusion before but with not with Uair.

Sonicninja115

Ah yes, it is pretty neat and I saw on the play of the week.
Not sure if it's a true combo though but I could be wrong; I've tested air Confusion before but with not with Uair.
I know that Fair is a follow up from aerial confusion, but people can jump away. I am pretty sure that Uair negates that option, plus if you hit with the tip it true combos into Fair.

Igzex

After doing some research that theme is indeed for an upcoming Pokemon trading card game expansion featuring Zoroark evolving into Golden Zoroark (Who knew Freeza taught Pokemon evolution) and our fair lady finally getting mega evolution cards.

Well, X's evolution card is basically look at my big numbers forget that I'm very impractical. Mega Mewtwo Y on the other hand has a really beefed up X-Ball. A shame you still end your turn by mega evolving an already good Mewtwo EX into her.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I don't play Pokemon TCG because card games are expensive (portable pokemon games are a cheaper addiction) but I've been tempted to because of that beautiful artwork.

Igzex

When I used to actually play the card game my deck was pretty ghetto budget. It was like, 4 Electabuzz and 4 movie Mewtwo and the rest was all energy and the really dumb but common trainer cards like Energy Removal, Professor Oak, and Gust of Wind. It still kicked the crap out of everyone and their pricey little Charizard/Blastoise decks.

Igzex

There should've been wi fi netplay with virtual console games. I'd love to terrify you all with how I managed to break Imakuni? in the gameboy color Pokemon TCG game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charizard isn't too bad actually. I think the character has tons of potential, especially with customs. Dragon Rush really makes the character into something else! Rock Smash is an awesome defensive and shieldbreaking tactic, as well as damage building. He's got mobilty, survivability, a kill throw, lots of super armour thus benefits hugely from rage. Seriously, Zard on rage is a thing to behold. A real fun character overall. If customs are officially allowed one day, am making Zard a definite secondary.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Charizard isn't too bad actually. I think the character has tons of potential, especially with customs. Dragon Rush really makes the character into something else! Rock Smash is an awesome defensive and shieldbreaking tactic, as well as damage building. He's got mobilty, survivability, a kill throw, lots of super armour thus benefits hugely from rage. Seriously, Zard on rage is a thing to behold. A real fun character overall. If customs are officially allowed one day, am making Zard a definite secondary.
That's the issue though. Making customs a thing is gonna be hard especially since both Zard and Bowser get the best one Side B custom they both needed.

Meanwhile in the hall of DLC Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, Ryu get jack squat.

Ryu kinda subverts this with his own attack variations by command but everyone else gets screwed there.

Furthermore they screw Mii's and Palutena out of there unique custom moves.

And customs help Ganon a lot.

Top Bottom