• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Yeah I know right it's like the fair lady should've been a bigger zoner than MVC2 Cable and deal out critical hit ganondorf damage values while also being faster than Little Mac and being heavier than Charizard :p

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If the only difference is animation, it's not important at all
There is a considerable difference in where Ryu actually is. And to me it means a lot.

Maybe not to you. Especially since our Mewtwo only has one roll animation regardless.

Same with Bowser and Roy.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
There is a considerable difference in where Ryu actually is. And to me it means a lot.

Maybe not to you. Especially since our Mewtwo only has one roll animation regardless.

Same with Bowser and Roy.
Does Mewtwo face away from the opponent when he rolls towards them? No? That's because he has two roll animations, one forward and one back, like everyone else, and Ryu is no exception.

It's not like there's such a thing as light/heavy dashes in Street Fighter anyway.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
They were too busy giving Ryu literally 3 times the same amount of moves the other characters have.... because who cares about making the Nintendo characters right when you can give literally more attention to a third party character than the whole rest of the cast?
I hate the implication you are trying to make here. Are you saying that the rest of the characters are garbage? Because that is incorrect by a long shot. What are the top tiers like Rosa, Sheik, Pikachu, Yoshi and Diddy then? What are the middle ones such as Mario, Meta Knight, DK or Bowser then? Moveset representation and/or performance wise, are they not right then?
Most characters work pretty fine, and the "bad ones" aren't necessarily that way because of a lack of care but because balancing 50 odd fighters is a b**** that can take years. And even then there has been a clear motion to make them better with buffs across the board, the rest of the DLC characters are alright as well.

Also, I just tested those rolls with Ryu. I'm not getting anything different from tapping or holding the button when doing so. Are you sure you didn't get this confused?

Last edited:

Igzex

Mewtwo's rolls are generally better in this game than they were in Melee at least. I remember her roll in Melee being really unsafe and her spot dodge being just bad. They didn't improve the ledge roll though I'll tell you that much.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Maybe it was placebo. He seems to do different ones at random. So my apologies.

Kinda wish mewtwo had his air dodge warp as his spot dodge and roll.

Could do big mindgames there.

Only palutena and rosaluma have that.

Igzex

That would be cool, as much as I do enjoy the sassyness of our fair lady's current spot dodge animation.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Maybe it was placebo. He seems to do different ones at random. So my apologies.

Kinda wish mewtwo had his air dodge warp as his spot dodge and roll.

Could do big mindgames there.

Only palutena and rosaluma have that.
Ryu does an actual roll for forward, a backdash for his backwards roll. If he does that while moving forward it's his initial dash.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I hate the implication you are trying to make here. Are you saying that the rest of the characters are garbage?
No, I did not try to imply that lol
It's undeniable Ryu got more attention than everybody else.... what other character has Light, Medium and Heavy moves? And what else has TWO FREAKING FINAL SMASHES?????
Even Sakurai said himself that Ryu got special treatment....
But, when did I say that this makes him a top tier or that all other characters needs fixing? Some surely need it.... I never said all need it.
But Ryu got more freaking attention than everybody else, that's all.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So... where's @ U-Throw U-Throw ?
You rung?:p Sorry I haven't been around lately, everyone. This thread just seemed to fade out for awhile, I started playing less Smash in favor of some other games, school really picked up, and, as a result, I sorta fell out of my daily SmashBoards visits. I wish I could visit more often, but I gotta do what I gotta do. I really miss this thread, and I hope I'll be able to visit a bit more often. School is really just overbearing at the moment, though. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my hardest.

Anyways, in regards to the current discussion about Ryu, I don't really mind that he got "special treatment." Smash was created around the idea of simplifying the Fighting-game genre, so, naturally, there aren't any Light, Heavy, or EX inputs. Ryu's "special treatment" was really just an attempt to make him feel more akin to Street Fighter. That's all. I don't think it's so much a matter of Ryu being more important than the other characters as it is Ryu being designed to appeal to Street Fighter players, and just Fighting-game players in general. Instead of it being "better" treatment, I prefer to think of it as "different" treatment. Smash follows a simplified philosophy, so its characters are relatively watered down, and Ryu's games follow the more complex Fighting-game standard, so Ryu's complexity carries over into Smash. That's just my two cents, anyway.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
You rung?:p Sorry I haven't been around lately, everyone. This thread just seemed to fade out for awhile, I started playing less Smash in favor of some other games, school really picked up, and, as a result, I sorta fell out of my daily SmashBoards visits. I wish I could visit more often, but I gotta do what I gotta do. I really miss this thread, and I hope I'll be able to visit a bit more often. School is really just overbearing at the moment, though. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my hardest.

Anyways, in regards to the current discussion about Ryu, I don't really mind that he got "special treatment." Smash was created around the idea of simplifying the Fighting-game genre, so, naturally, there aren't any Light, Heavy, or EX inputs. Ryu's "special treatment" was really just an attempt to make him feel more akin to Street Fighter. That's all. I don't think it's so much a matter of Ryu being more important than the other characters as it is Ryu being designed to appeal to Street Fighter players, and just Fighting-game players in general. Instead of it being "better" treatment, I prefer to think of it as "different" treatment. Smash follows a simplified philosophy, so its characters are relatively watered down, and Ryu's games follow the more complex Fighting-game standard, so Ryu's complexity carries over into Smash. That's just my two cents, anyway.
To wit, if Ryu was bog-standard in Smash he'd just be a slightly different Dr. Mario.

Igzex

It's not even just your 2 cents. It literally is what it is.

Anyways I got all the customs and completed the challenge board. That 2 million gold is gonna come in handy when it comes to buying all those alt trophies.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's not even just your 2 cents. It literally is what it is.

Anyways I got all the customs and completed the challenge board. That 2 million gold is gonna come in handy when it comes to buying all those alt trophies.
Cool! I swear, I need to get on top of that Challenge Board. I knocked quite a few out when I first got Smash 4, but I slowly lost steam and started playing multiplayer more and more. It's been awhile since I've even looked at it, especially since other games have been somewhat preoccupying me.

Customs are another story. They require so much grinding that I eventually just picked up the ones I wanted and forgot about the whole thing. Eventually, I'm sure my inner completionist will take over and force me to unlock all of them, but I'm not too worried about Customs at the moment. Kudos to you, though! I bet you're very proud of yourself.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Anyone up for a battle? And just to post my message from earlier...

Also, anyone up for a battle? 3DS version as always
And just a heads up, I play with customs on (no equipment) and don't necessarily adhere to tourney legal stages, if you play with me expect me to occasionally choose places like Reset Bomb Forest, Suzaku Castle, Gerudo Valley, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, etc. since I like variety in my stage selection. Worry not, I'm not gonna pick crazy hazardous stages like Living Room, Flat Zone, Magicant, Balloon Fight, Wily's Castle or Dreamland (GB version).

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
This thread is so quiet... Anyways, here's a comic I found. Enjoy!
image.jpg

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
This thread is so quiet... Anyways, here's a comic I found. Enjoy! View attachment 72539
This is hilarious! I laughed way harder than I should've. However, I'm tempted to agree with @ meleebrawler meleebrawler . Even though Mewtwo acts all cool and tough, I bet he's a bit soft underneath it all. His interactions with Ambertwo speak volumes, in my opinion. Still, that comic is really funny! Mewtwo's expression in the last panel is priceless.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This is hilarious! I laughed way harder than I should've. However, I'm tempted to agree with @ meleebrawler meleebrawler . Even though Mewtwo acts all cool and tough, I bet he's a bit soft underneath it all. His interactions with Ambertwo speak volumes, in my opinion. Still, that comic is really funny! Mewtwo's expression in the last panel is priceless.
Yeah, for his first time seeing affection in years I'm sure this would be a bit too much for him, I'm actually he could get scared and hurt that winged creature in a panic, kind of like an abused dog. (As intelligent as Mewtwo is, he's still no human).

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
For real though, I think Mewtwo might not be that averse to affection. He'll likely find it weird at first but eventually I think he'd like it.
Maybe, not averse to affection, but I still don't think he would like a bit to have food shoved on his face, being rubbed like that nor playing some.... silly games....

elitegrovyle

Smash Cadet
NNID
elitegrove
3DS FC
4828-5721-3535
I'm wondering if anyone here who has a great mewtwo can evaluate my mewtwo and give me tips on how to improve tomorrow Message me if you can I will try to respond as quickly as possible

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hey! Could you guys head over to the stage discussion to offer your input? We are currently discussing smashville and I think the Stage MU are something that isn't discussed alot...

Igzex

I guess all this fighting 9.0s to keep refreshing the trophy shop is kinda practice even though people are not THAT gullible.

Igzex

...And all trophies collected. I 100%ed Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. Guess there's not much else for me to do other then to await that one faithful patch that finally brings peace and joy to our paradise, should it be possible for such a thing to exist.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Man, footstool kills are such BS, especially because the vast majority of them happen by accident. It's mortifying when you have the upper hand and go off stage for an edgeguard but the opponent jumps on your head instead and you die despite having sustained little damage during the stock.

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Man, footstool kills are such BS, especially because the vast majority of them happen by accident. It's mortifying when you have the upper hand and go off stage for an edgeguard but the opponent jumps on your head instead and you die despite having sustained little damage during the stock.
Huh?
Are you getting footstooled near the bottom?
Because i never died off a footstool since i'm usually high enough (when getting footstooled) and recover with upB.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Uhhh, err, people, have you seen this?
I am not happy with our fair lady's abuse at the end, but.... anyone's else mind blown?

I'm also not too happy with all the cheesiness in that video....

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Huh?
Are you getting footstooled near the bottom?
Because i never died off a footstool since i'm usually high enough (when getting footstooled) and recover with upB.
Just once, I chased a Ganon offstage low enough and he footstool'd me. It was annoying as hell.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Uhhh, err, people, have you seen this?
I am not happy with our fair lady's abuse at the end, but.... anyone's else mind blown?

I'm also not too happy with all the cheesiness in that video....
It's like an accurate depiction of how Mewtwo fares in Smash!

I don't care for mobile games.

Top Bottom