• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
"It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments." - Mewtwo's Pokedex entry from the first game.

The diary in the mansion says:

"Mew gave birth. We named the newborn Mewtwo."

The game also heavily implies Mewtwo was created to be the strongest Pokemon, just like the anime does. And this is only the first 2 games. All the games that followed basically solidified the idea. In truth Mewtwo is just scientists trying to create the very best Pokemon. They weren't trying to make a Mew clone, just the most powerful Pokemon.
So they choose Mew as the best candidate to create a extremely powerful pokemon from, since at the time it was considered to be a new-species and its power was unknown to most?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
And they failed. They can come back when they can make another Pokemon that can mega evolve and still hold life orb. No. Two life orbs. Yes that's perfect...

C3CC

Smash Lord
So today I was going to buy Mewtwo for my cousin and it turns out I can't because I already have him, and the option to purchase appears unavailable...

WTH?? Why can't I buy him? What if I want to give Mewtwo as a gift? How can I do this?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So today I was going to buy Mewtwo for my cousin and it turns out I can't because I already have him, and the option to purchase appears unavailable...

WTH?? Why can't I buy him? What if I want to give Mewtwo as a gift? How can I do this?
Can you buy one of those cards that adds money to eshop account, then send the code to him to add the money to purchase Mewtwo?
Wait, really? I didn't know that. That's pretty cool. I always thought that they were created in tubes filled with some weird liquid hahaha
It's portrayed in media that way so people don't have to watch scientists create an embryo then placing it in a surrogate mother's womb...that might be too hardcore for kids...or boring to watch. Creating them in tubes looks cooler and more futuristic plus the added value of not having to worry about censorship.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
*walks into topic* *"mew/human hybrid is like totallu canon and totally not something i just made up!"* ...bad time? o.o;

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Seems kind of weird to make "the world's strongest pokemon" be augmennted with part of the squishiest and weakest creatures in the pokemon world.(and even outclassed in mental ability if alakazam's entries are to be beleived)I mean really, humans are nothing in a world full of critters that can set things on fire at will, crush you with incredible physical strength, manipulate the weather effortlessly, actually screw with your mind, generate 10,000 volts of electricity with ease, etc..Seems counterintuitive for something intended as a biological weapon.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Seems kind of weird to make "the world's strongest pokemon" be augmennted with part of the squishiest and weakest creatures in the pokemon world.(and even outclassed in mental ability if alakazam's entries are to be beleived)I mean really, humans are nothing in a world full of critters that can set things on fire at will, crush you with incredible physical strength, manipulate the weather effortlessly, actually screw with your mind, generate 10,000 volts of electricity with ease, etc..Seems counterintuitive for something intended as a biological weapon.
That's because it's not really a confirmed theory besides in the Pokemon Special manga. Even then the manga is a separate continuity from the games, so we can't say Mewtwo is for sure part human.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
yeah, just pointing out the holes in it outside of special's canon.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Think, literally Spiderman/Jurassic Park. The human D.N.A. was likely to fill the missing gaps in the D.N.A. sequence they got from a lone hair from Mew. Since Mew is an ancestor to all Pokemon, adding a single pokemon would likely alter the D.N.A. too much to the point where Mewtwo could have looked more like Arcanine if they so chose to use one's D.N.A. to fill the gaps. Human D.N.A. would be the only one where they could more accurately filter out the differences between the two species and understand the more core elements of Mew itself, which was their goal.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Think, literally Spiderman/Jurassic Park. The human D.N.A. was likely to fill the missing gaps in the D.N.A. sequence they got from a lone hair from Mew. Since Mew is an ancestor to all Pokemon, adding a single pokemon would likely alter the D.N.A. too much to the point where Mewtwo could have looked more like Arcanine if they so chose to use one's D.N.A. to fill the gaps. Human D.N.A. would be the only one where they could more accurately filter out the differences between the two species and understand the more core elements of Mew itself, which was their goal.
Why would there be missing gaps in Mew's DNA when Mr. Fuji met Mew in person in game canon? There's an event in Emerald that allows you to go to Faraway Island where Mew lives. There is a sign that hints that Mr. Fuji has been there. As far as the games go, Mr. Fuji had access to Mew's complete DNA.

Browny

Smash Hater
Top Tier:
Nair
Uthrow
Confusion
Shadow Ball
Dash Attack
Dtilt

High Tier:
Bthrow
Fthrow
Usmash
Jab
Teleport

Mid Tier:
Dair
Fair
Fsmash
Dsmash
Dthrow

Low Tier:
Disable
Bair
Utilt

Bottom Tier:
Ftilt
Uair

---

Or something like that

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Top Tier:
Uthrow
Bthrow
Nair
Confusion
Shadow Ball
Dash Attack

High Tier:
Fthrow
Usmash
Jab
Teleport

Mid Tier:
Fsmash
Dsmash
Dthrow
Fair
Dtilt

Low Tier:
Disable
Bair
Utilt

Bottom Tier:
Ftilt
Uair

---

Or something like that

Dtilt and fair below Dthrow? All of my what, bro...

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Mewtwo's Reflector is weird sometimes.

Like, every now and then on For Glory, I get into these reflector battles, and at a certain point, straaange things happen.

Like, I'm talking like the Reflector being ignored (leading to my untimely death), the projectile phasing through me and doing nothing (was against a Dark Pit), amongst other things. I've kept a few replays of such incidents, I might edit out these parts specifically if I find the time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mewtwo's Reflector is weird sometimes.

Like, every now and then on For Glory, I get into these reflector battles, and at a certain point, straaange things happen.

Like, I'm talking like the Reflector being ignored (leading to my untimely death), the projectile phasing through me and doing nothing (was against a Dark Pit), amongst other things. I've kept a few replays of such incidents, I might edit out these parts specifically if I find the time.
If a projectile is reflected, it becomes stronger, when strong enough it'll outright ignore reflectors

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Top Tier:
Uthrow
Bthrow
Nair
Confusion
Shadow Ball
Dash Attack

High Tier:
Fthrow
Usmash
Jab
Teleport
Dtilt

Mid Tier:
Dair
Fsmash
Dsmash
Dthrow
Fair

Low Tier:
Disable
Bair
Utilt

Bottom Tier:
Ftilt
Uair

---

Or something like that
...Dtilt and Fair should be top tier....

Browny

Smash Hater
Ill move dtilt up, but fair isnt going anywhere above mid tier IMO. hitbox is too small and too laggy its a risk to even use the move.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Mewtwo in smash run is the best thing ever.
(sakurai pls make hd vers for wii u)

Also, I agree! Fair is amazinggggggggg

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Ill move dtilt up, but fair isnt going anywhere above mid tier IMO. hitbox is too small and too laggy its a risk to even use the move.
D-Tilt is almost definitely our best move. F-Air is our fastest aerial, both in how quickly it comes out and how quickly it ends (how little it lags). It's actually our fastest attack period after Jab and Lag Cancelled U-Air (and grab), it even auto cancels faster than N-Air. I don't know why you think it's "slow" and "laggy" because it definitely isn't.

N-Air is way too high up in that list, shouldn't be top and the fact that you have F-Air under N-Air is outstanding to me.

I also think Dash Attack isn't that great. I mean it's disjointed and has good range but it's nothing special as a dash attack, it normally clashes with hitboxes instead of going through them which makes the disjointed part sort of useless. I would say Dash Attack is also way too high up.

U-Tilt and U-Air being so low leads me to believe you haven't played many people who approach aerially.

I also think Disable is actually AWESOME but most people still think it sucks so I'll say that that one is just my opinion for now.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Shadow Ball and u-throw are his best moves IMO. Little Shadow Balls have little lag and does a decent amount of damage. I use small ones a lot for pressure and spacing. It's also slow enough so that you can follow up if you run along with it. The big ones kill super early, fast, tons of damage, doesn't need to charge for too long, tons of shield damage, and can be used for recovering. Shadow Ball just has so many uses. As for u-throw, a guaranteed kill at 120 with rage on most characters is insane.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Last edited:

Blue Phoenix

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0001-3910-6032
Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
i'm more disturbed by ftilt being bottom tier than anything else. ...wat. that's his best spacing tool and one of his most reliable moves after dtilt. Nair is cool looking and risng nair is silly but the best move? yeah.. no, you need to explain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom