• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I was waiting all night yesterday for someone to start a conversation. After about 20 hours someone finally says something. The silence is disturbing... I remember like a month ago we would get 6 pages per day. How things have changed...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I was waiting all night yesterday for someone to start a conversation. After about 20 hours someone finally says something. The silence is disturbing... I remember like a month ago we would get 6 pages per day. How things have changed...
Time sure does fly.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Been busy playing Mewtwo (already put in 10+ hours (WITH college)

Worked some tips from that video into the playstyle (knowing that N-Air reverses the opponent == a plus and more combos)

Mewtwo is fun. Yes. And is dunkin. I mean that in a D-Air way.

I just need to remember he has a wall jump. ;-;

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Those were fun times and I agree with you, this thread can become a ghost town sometimes. :093:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I believe I got enough material for a Mewtwo Combo/Montage video. I dont know what music I should use:

for Mewtwo music, I believe I would use this:

for my Jr combo/montage video, I will use this:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Those were fun times and I agree with you, this thread can become a ghost town sometimes. :093:
Thankfully, compared to other social threads, we are miles better. The DK social thread has been on the same page for two whole months.

The DK social thread was created freaking 3 years ago and only has 9 pages. That's a load of bananas. This thread was created 3 months ago and we have 320 pages. If we were to combine the amount of pages of the current social thread with our previous one, which was also created 3 years ago, then we have exactly 740 pages. We have it a lot better than a lot of other social threads... there are quite a lot of other socials that are in the same situation as DK's... kinda saddening.

We are one of the most active social threads. Most of them are pretty much dead like DK's.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Thankfully, compared to other social threads, we are miles better. The DK social thread has been on the same page for two whole months.

The DK social thread was created freaking 3 years ago and only has 9 pages. That's a load of bananas. This thread was created 3 months ago and we have 320 pages. If we were to combine the amount of pages of the current social thread with our previous one, which was also created 3 years ago, then we have exactly 740 pages. We have it a lot better than a lot of other social threads... there are quite a lot of other socials that are in the same situation as DK's... kinda saddening.

We are one of the most active social threads. Most of them are pretty much dead like DK's.
I'm thinking the other future dlc fighters will see the same social activity we had.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

What is this, a competition? :halfsheep:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Except for Pichu and Young Link because nobody likes them. kappa
I like Pichu. :<

On my 3DS, Mewtwo now has the high score in everything except Target Blast, Smash Run, and Home Run Contest because no one can beat Ganondorf in the last one. ._.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Quick question, would you be opposed to the idea of Raichu replacing Pichu for clone status? Similarly to Tink replacing Yink.
Raichu can't replace Pichu clone status because Raichu doesn't hurt himself and isn't nearly as small or cute. It would be like if Roy DLC ends up being true then there are Marth with both Lucina and Roy as clones.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I see, thanks for the answer.
Plus I seriously doubt they will be playable in future installments or DLC. Maybe Pichu DLC if they go the every veteran route, but I don't think they'll go that route anytime soon because Ice Climbers. If only there were a Smash style Pokemon fighting game...

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Raichu > Pichu + every Pikachu ripoff. If he was a smash char he would be more like Lucas than a true clone, which reminds me, NO MORE CLONES AFTER ROY FOR DLC!!!

FYI, Mewtwo is no longer considered an actual clone due to theories of him being a pokemon/human hybrid.

If only there were a Smash style Pokemon fighting game...
At least Pokken is a thing now...

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Raichu > Pichu + every Pikachu ripoff. If he was a smash char then he would be more like lucas than a true clone, which reminds me, NO MORE CLONES AFTER ROY FOR DLC!!!

FYI, Mewtwo is no longer considered an actual clone due to theories of him being a pokemon/human hybrid.

At least Pokken is a thing now...

What are you talking about? Mewtwo has always been confirmed as a genetic mutation of Mew. He's an "altered/upgraded" clone, it's been in the Pokedex since Red/Blue.

D

Deleted member

Objection! While it is true that Mewtwo is basically a Mew/Human hybrid (only makes sense, considering that psychic powers come from the mind, and when factored with us humans' heightened intellect equals a base 154 sp.attack) (and most of his appearance/disposition), Mewtwo is also a clone of Mew as well (because it says so).

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? Mewtwo has always been confirmed as a genetic mutation of Mew. He's an "altered/upgraded" clone, it's been in the Pokedex since Red/Blue.
The definition of a clone is an organisim that is genetically identical to its original, adding any alterations to its genes no longer makes it a "true clone". I agree he is an altered clone, but the theory that he is a Mew/human hybrid is supported by most Pokemon canon as this vid explains

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Mewtwo's lore in the games, manga, and anime are all different.

In the games, Mewtwo is Mew's child. He got messed with by scientists.

In the manga and anime, Mewtwo is a clone of Mew created by Team Rocket. Blaine created Mewtwo in the manga and used some of his DNA to create him. In the anime, Giovanni made some scientists create him.

Mewtwo is definitely a Mew/Human hybrid in the manga. Not so sure about the games and anime. He does resemble a human a lot though, so it's possible the scientists did mix in some human DNA when creating him.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The definition of a clone is an organisim that is genetically identical to its original, adding any alterations to its genes no longer makes it a "true clone". I agree he is an altered clone, but the theory that he is a Mew/human hybrid is supported by most Pokemon canon as this vid explains

Too much theory and some holes. Mewtwo turning into Mega Mewtwo Y in the anime without human bond is like Rayquaza turning into Mega Rayquaza without a human bond. Also, Kyurem could switch forms at will without combining with Reshiram or Zekrom in the anime.

Ditto being failed Mew clone doesn't make sense since they can be found in many regions, but they can't breed with each other.

Unless Nintendo or Gamefreak outright says he's a Pokemon/human hybrid, I'd say it's only true within the Pokemon Special manga.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's lore in the games, manga, and anime are all different.

In the games, Mewtwo is Mew's child. He got messed with by scientists when he was an embryo.

In the manga and anime, Mewtwo is a clone of Mew created by Team Rocket. Blaine created Mewtwo in the manga and used some of his DNA to create him. In the anime, Giovanni made some scientists create him.
Mew gave birth to Mewtwo in RGB, its excusable since breeding and eggs appeared in GS, however they kept the idea in FrLg, when Pokemon laying eggs have already been established. So it was probably the mew that got tampered with by being spliced with human dna in order to give birth, unless Mew itself is the only Pokemon that gives live birth, which is ironic yet reasonable hence its embryonic appearance.

Im not arguing that he isn't a clone at all, just saying that Mewtwo could have human elements his genes hence his appearance, and that most Pokemon lore support the idea in some form, wether be intentional or not.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
SCIENTIFIC ARGUMENTS

CLONING

GENES

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENES

LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Too much theory and some holes. Mewtwo turning into Mega Mewtwo Y in the anime without human bond is like Rayquaza turning into Mega Rayquaza without a human bond. Also, Kyurem could switch forms at will without combining with Reshiram or Zekrom in the anime.

Ditto being failed Mew clone doesn't make sense since they can be found in many regions, but they can't breed with each other.

Unless Nintendo or Gamefreak outright says he's a Pokemon/human hybrid, I'd say it's only true within the Pokemon Special manga.
Mega evolutions is hard to explain given that MewtwoY was introduced before Mega evolutions were officially established, also Mewtwo is artificial, so that must be true for the Mewtwonites as well, plus the scientest that created femtwo could have given her a gene to force Mega evolve with out the need of human intervention. Again just theory.

Even if its never officially established, I like the idea of Mewtwo being part human cause well, it explains a lot about him physically.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Wait. Isn't Mewtwo technically not a clone, if we're going by the games? In the games it is stated that he's Mew's child. He came out of Mew. He just got messed with genetically and became how he is now. Offsprings don't count as clones, do they?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wait. Isn't Mewtwo technically not a clone, if we're going by the games? In the games it is stated that he's Mew's child. He came out of Mew. He just got messed with genetically and became how he is now. Offsprings don't count as clones, do they?
IRL, clones must be born from a surrogate mother.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
No, in the games the diary (theorized to belong to Fuji) says: "Mew gave birth", but the same game also says (in the Pokedex): "A pokemon created by horrific genetic gene splicing". One of the 2 is a "scientist's interpretation" while the other is supposed to be actual facts. Later games also describe Mewtwo as being created by scientists.

So no, Mew did not "mother" Mewtwo, that's just the way Fuji decided to write it in his diary, unless I am missing some evidence here.

The word clone was never used in games, just in the movies and the actual word in Japanese is "Copy", not clone. If we're arguing semantics then Mewtwo was never truly a clone. Mewtwo's status hasn't really changed, at least that I know of. As for him being a human/Mew hybrid, I don't know, it's entirely possible but I don't think there's any real evidence pointing towards it.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
No, in the games the diary says: "Mew gave birth", but the same game also says "A pokemon created by horrific genetic gene splicing". One of the 2 is a "scientist's interpretation" while the other is supposed to be actual facts. So no, Mew did not "mother" Mewtwo, that's just the way Fuji decided to write it in his diary.

Unless I am missing some evidence here.
The way RBG tells the origin is weird, either they wanted to make a mew duplicate and Mewtwo was just a freak accident, or they intentionally wanted to make an enhanced mew (a theory i always thought of as a kid was that Mewtwo is a forced evolved Mew clone)

*Inserts obvious Gardevoir joke*

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
IRL, clones must be born from a surrogate mother.
Wait, really? I didn't know that. That's pretty cool. I always thought that they were created in tubes filled with some weird liquid hahaha
No, in the games the diary (theorized to belong to Fuji) says: "Mew gave birth", but the same game also says (in the Pokedex): "A pokemon created by horrific genetic gene splicing". One of the 2 is a "scientist's interpretation" while the other is supposed to be actual facts. Later games also describe Mewtwo as being created by scientists.

So no, Mew did not "mother" Mewtwo, that's just the way Fuji decided to write it in his diary, unless I am missing some evidence here.

The word clone was never used in games, just in the movies and the actual word in Japanese is "Copy", not clone. Mewtwo's status hasn't really changed, at least that I know of.
Ah, I see. I guess what the scientist meant by Mew giving birth is Mewtwo being successfully created for the first time with Mew's DNA... doesn't sound too farfetched.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The way RBG tells the origin is weird, either they wanted to make a mew duplicate and Mewtwo was just a freak accident, or they intentionally wanted to make an enhanced mew (a theory i always thought of as a kid was that Mewtwo is a forced evolved Mew clone)

*Inserts obvious Gardevoir joke*

"It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments." - Mewtwo's Pokedex entry from the first game.

The diary in the mansion says:

"Mew gave birth. We named the newborn Mewtwo."

The game also heavily implies Mewtwo was created to be the strongest Pokemon, just like the anime does. And this is only the first 2 games. All the games that followed basically solidified the idea. In truth Mewtwo is just scientists trying to create the very best Pokemon. They weren't trying to make a Mew clone, just the most powerful Pokemon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom