• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splatoon Nintendo Direct Announced For May 7th

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Back then some of us in this community would have thought "They are gonna show Inkling for Sm4sh".
Glad we are more sane now. Right guys?.

sc458

Smash Cadet
A Nintendo Direct the same day of the UK elections... Swings and roundabouts!

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Back then some of us in this community would have thought "They are gonna show Inkling for Sm4sh".
Glad we are more sane now. Right guys?.
I-indeed. I'm t-totally not exp-pecting Inkling to be r-r-revealed...

*EXPECTATION INTENSIFIES*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mark my words, we will get an Inkling reveal trailer for Smash Bros.

Then E3 will have Wolf and Ryu,.

And then Fire Emblem Concert they announce Roy.
I'm thinking we'll have reveals for all the characters you mentioned (minus Inkling who will most likely be revealed in the Direct next week) at E3. It would make sense to reveal the characters at E3 given the amount of exposure the event has (while not releasing specific dates) then confirm their release dates at a later time.

Ryu: EVO 2015
Roy: Fire Emblem Concert
Wolf: Future Nintendo Direct

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
I thought the ballot went on till like October for Smash DLC. o_o
Edit: The deadline for entry is 10/3/2015. I must have remembered it wrong... Nvm I was right.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Somewhat hyped, we know so much already, what's left? And it's interesting because the silver mario amiibo is suppose to release the same day as splatoon it seems. Fludd weapon maybe?

AND guys seriously stop expecting a splatoon focused direct to have a smash bros trailer. It hasn't happened in other game focused directs and probably won't start now. Plus we would know based on the files if the inklings were going to be DLC.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Somewhat hyped, we know so much already, what's left? And it's interesting because the silver mario amiibo is suppose to release the same day as splatoon it seems. Fludd weapon maybe?

AND guys seriously stop expecting a splatoon focused direct to have a smash bros trailer. It hasn't happened in other game focused directs and probably won't start now. Plus we would know based on the files if the inklings were going to be DLC.
They could have left the files out, since they only found ryu and roy, no Inklings in the first place. Maybe they learned from the way people search the files? XD But yeah i'm with you, stahp people.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They could have left the files out, since they only found ryu and roy, no Inklings in the first place. Maybe they learned from the way people search the files? XD But yeah i'm with you, stahp people.
True but it would make no sense to leave them for a vet never expected to come back, and a brand new third party newcomer, but not a brand character from their latest ip.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
I think the Roy and Ryu files were accidentally left in.

There ARE without a doubt other characters being worked on. Why would there be two extra slots for characters in the files? These cannot be for the ballot, it is not over yet. They are for characters that are already being worked on. And why is it taking Sakurai's team so long to work on Ryu, Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucas, if it took only about 3 years to make the whole game? It is not, there are also more characters being worked on.

Maybe Wolf, Ice Climbers, King K. Rool, Isaac, or in this case Inkling.

We have not had any Directs focused on games that had Smash Characters in it since it was announced, besides Zelda, Mario Kart, and Xenoblade. But Zelda had no newcomers, Bowser Jr. was unlockable so they wanted to wait until afterwards to reveal a Mario character, and Xenoblade only had one newcomer that was already announced.

I think with all the info we already know about Splatoon, if Inkling is in Smash, they WILL be revealed in this Direct.

Last edited:

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
True but it would make no sense to leave them for a vet never expected to come back, and a brand new third party newcomer, but not a brand character from their latest ip.
People are cheering out for Wolf, and they said there is 5 character slots, with roy and ryu covering it, one for ballot, and one for potentially whoever they choose, the fact is, that both of the empty ones have not have any characters found for them, so this could also be an explanation.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People are cheering out for Wolf, and they said there is 5 character slots, with roy and ryu covering it, one for ballot, and one for potentially whoever they choose, the fact is, that both of the empty ones have not have any characters found for them, so this could also be an explanation.
That is a good point as well, although I would lean more towards two being for the ballot and the other for wolf. With a second year of DLC containing new characters, one of which, being inkling.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Hey, remember when we got new characters in the Mario Kart 8 Direct?
And the Hyrule Warriors Direct?
And the Bayonetta 2 Direct?
Me neither.
Because that never happened.
And I am making a joke of this.
And now I'll stop because this comment has too many sentences.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Me neither.
How'd you miss the Bayonenta X Giant Cucco trailer? That was much fanservice!
:troll:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Awesome! I will be checking it out. I am loving Splatoon so far.

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Me neither.
No un-revealed Mario newcomers besides Bowser Jr. And he was unlockable so they waited AND he was not even in Mario Kart 8.

No Zelda newcomers.

Bayonetta did not and will not happen in Smash. The creator obviously does not like Smash Bros or something. Harsh words.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Their were 5 extra files in the games code all labelled "Mario". We know that one is obviously for Lucas, two of them have a good chance of being Roy and Ryu, Wolf is also likely given his massive support, and then theirs the last spot.

If Inkling happens to be the last character out of the 5 per-determined DLC characters, that would mean their would be no more character inclusions until the Ballot at the end of the year or the start of the next year.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Excited for this! New features could be anything from new game modes, etc. I still would love built-in online voice chat, but it's not the end of the world if we don't get it. They could announce that it's coming at a later patch after the game is released.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Also, WHY THE **** ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT SMASH DLC? ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS NOT EVEN THE INKLING?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Seems like most everyone's been uber obsessed wit dese wittle inklings lately! xD
Prior to the Smash Ballot discussion, I had no idea what Splatoon was. Same goes for Rayman before the February leak (I only played a PC spinoff game for his series that didn't really involve him).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh wait is this Direct only for Splatoon?

If so, the hype train might need to take a pit stop.
*end of Direct*
*Sakurai pops in*
"Ey m8s I heard you wanted some Smash DLC"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*end of Direct*
*Sakurai pops in*
"Ey m8s I heard you wanted some Smash DLC"
And then the camera cuts to Iwata and he gives his infamous "Please Understand" quote which ends the Direct on a very low note.

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
I think i might have a theory on all of this. This is Smashboards: Home of the Smash Community. Keep that obvious fact in mind. Threads have gone up in the past few weeks about new characters for Smash. There have also been a few threads about Splatoon. Because the only exciting news on smash recently has been about Roy and Ryu, or the 5 empty slots on the smash website, have Splatoon threads only been posted to foreshadow a coming event? Or could it just be another joke like the Shaqboards: Home of the Slam Community of April Fools? Splatoon has not come out yet, so we have no information on gameplay (how it plays out, not the images seen in the teaser) so it can be concluded that this direct, WILL NOT CONFIRM INKLINGS FOR SMASH DLC. However, there is a SLIGHT chance of the inkling being smash DLC, but maybe confirmed in a different direct (as this direct is about Splatoon, not smash) Note: 5 empty slots DLC rumor (Lucas-does not have a pic on the smash website-Roy, Ryu, and 2 others.) Go back to this being the SMASHboards. Why would admins be posting threads about Splatoon but this is the SMASHboards???

Top Bottom