• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Splatoon Nintendo Direct Announced For May 7th

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Nintendo America announced via Twitter today that a Nintendo Direct is coming to Nintendo fans on May 7th! The subject according to the Nintendo Direct Website: "Catch a new Splatoon Nintendo Direct right here on May 7 at 7 a.m. PT / 10 a.m. ET. We'll share some squid-tastic new details about the upcoming Wii U game via the Squid Research Lab." The tweet also specifically mentions that Splatoon news is on its way, but since it's Nintendo there is always a chance for big surprises. The only way to find out for sure is to tune in! Be sure to also visit out sister site Squidboards, a forum dedicated to all things Splatoon, to discuss the upcoming direct.

SmashCapps is incredibly excited for Splatoon and is sure Squidboards is excited as well! Follow him on Twitter to discuss the excitement of the upcoming direct.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Dat Ryu/Roy/Wolf hype!!!!!

All aboard the hype train everyone!

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I'll have my expectatives low, but man i'm hyped about Splatoon tho

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Eh, this isn't hypeworthy at all. There's nothing Smash related when it comes to Splatoon :p

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh wait is this Direct only for Splatoon?

If so, the hype train might need to take a pit stop.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The only thing Smash related in this video will most likely be the Inklings inclusion as DLC.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Just a suggestion but I think the part about this being a Splatoon Direct should be mentioned in the title, like "Splatoon Direct Announced" or "Nintendo Splatoon Direct Announced", and maybe some images of Splatoon slapped in but honestly just the title would be enough.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Oh wait is this Direct only for Splatoon?

If so, the hype train might need to take a pit stop.
that's exactly what they want you to think

Then all of a sudden..
boom

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
that's exactly what they want you to think

Then all of a sudden..
boom
I would love for that to be the case though I really doubt it. If anything, this will probably be just Inklings inclusion in Sm4sH as DLC who i'm not really hyped for.

D

Deleted member

Its only for Splatoon, idk why the normal Nintendo Direct picture was used in the thumbnail AND without mentioning its only for Splatoon instead of being a general direct.

(from jpn site)

Last edited by a moderator:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Dang it, I won't be able to watch it because of school...
And, guys, as much as I want Inkling, they WON'T be announced... since this Direct is aimed at Splatoon, and only Splatoon, it's obvious that they won't announce any Smash stuff.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Dang it, I won't be able to watch it because of school...
And, guys, as much as I want Inkling, they WON'T be announced... since this Direct is aimed at Splatoon, and only Splatoon, it's obvious that they won't announce any Smash stuff.
Well, if Inkling is confirmed as Smash DLC, it's obviously Splatoon-related, but it'll most likely not happen anyway :grin:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Definitely Splatoon Direct. I wouldn't be surprised if they mention a few games here and there

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It wouldn't surprise me if they took the opportunity to solidify a date for Lucas' inclusion here, and if they're going to do that it also wouldn't surprise me if they put out a bit more info on smash. For instance, they'll probably release more mii outfits and possibly talk about the miiverse stage and tourney mode.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You can always take the octoboards theme :grin:
true. still, to whoever made the default green/white skin, it's hard to read the white lettering on any 'light' background (yellow, yellow/green, light pink, etc.). might scare some people off. just a heads up. the other skins are fine though (teal is also kind of questionable upon looking at it again).

Last edited:

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
plllls no Inkling for smash. All i've heard splatoon fans saying is that she would be able to put ink on the stage that would slow you down, that sounds awful!

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
FINALLY!
give us nintendo characters as DLC and fludd pack from mario sunshine as DLC. TAKE MY MONEY!!!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I fixed up the article due to some suggestions, I tend to forget sometimes people ONLY red the title and see a picture before commenting >_>

Geno Boost

Smash Master
whoah why do people think inkling are going to join SSB4 in this direct? if there is anything from smash thats going to be shown its gonna be roy or ryu or more mii fighter costume or new stages or new modes

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
whoah why do people think inkling are going to join SSB4 in this direct? if there is anything from smash thats going to be shown its gonna be roy or ryu or more mii fighter costume or new stages or new modes
My guess is that characters like Ryu, Roy, and Wolf will be revealed at E3 while this direct will only have Inkling revealed and maybe a set release date for Lucas.

D

Deleted member

Maybe they will announces voice chat that would be super :D......seriously it stupid why the game doesn't have voice chat - __ -

NintenPunk92

Smash Rookie
My guess is that characters like Ryu, Roy, and Wolf will be revealed at E3 while this direct will only have Inkling revealed and maybe a set release date for Lucas.
I Agree That Inkling Should Be Smash DLC cause nintendo has been advertising splatoon for a while now and it is a new nintendo franchise. why not add inkling eh? :065::094:

Top Bottom