• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special things with pre-orders! Are there any, and if not, what should there be?!

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if you get anything neat by pre-ordering Brawl. I thought the coin that came with Super Mario Galaxy was kind of nice. I'd almost forgotten about it when I did pre-order.

I've only ever pre-ordered maybe 3 games ever, and only one came with something special. It'd be kind of cool if something came with Brawl. Yet another little extra for us to enjoy.

BUT IF NOT, what do you think would be neat to come with SSBB pre-orders? A coin of its own? A special wiimote jacket? Do tell!

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
A collectible 4-8 inch trophy of one of the 35 characters in Brawl.

I'd have a nerd-gasm, then order 34 more copies with the intent of selling the games on ebay and trading the trophies until I had them all. ^^;

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
A three page, handwritten apology from Sakurai himself that says he is immediately going to work on an upgrade that will cut Toon Link, Robot, and the Landmasters and add all of the characters that deserved to be in, along with five or so random ones so some people's dream roster can actually come true.
That, or some stickers--the opiate of the brawlers.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, don't know if this counts but...

If you reserve Brawl at Gamestop you get to participate in a tournament with other people who reserved Brawl. The tournament will be held on the midnight release...

I don't think you'll get anything else though as a tournament is pretty major as is.

Edit: And this is actually true by the way.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i'd rather have trophies of mewtwo, geno, ridley, dark samus, isaac, sylux, megaman, and an apology from sakurai, but that's just me.

No-Really-I-Suck

Smash Apprentice
How about another year of waiting so they can get it right?
get what right?

oh - you mean the game that hasn't even been released in the US, yet people are totally b!tching about how it's not like Melee?

oh yeah - that game

No thanks, I'd rather just have it already.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
i like the idea of a trophy! and stickers. i doubt you would get a smash ball. imagine trying to get a floating ball of energy in that box... a bit of trouble, although imagine when fans find out that they too, can become landmaster drivers!

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
I honestly would really like the OST of SSBB to come with the preorder. I mean, I know you can get it already on this ste, but I'm sure Nintendo would include a few other bonus versions of songs that would be more extravagant.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of stickers, hehe. And a Smash Ball! But it has to be glass... fancy!

TempestFunk

Smash Cadet
Pre-order is ok, But I was kind of hoping they would do a Halo/Gears of war deal... you know, fork over a little extra cash to get cool stuff like art booklets and a metal case, kind of like a collectors edition.

I doubt they will give anything tho, Nintendo usually lets you know when there is a special pre-order deal (wind waker had the master quest of OoT, Pokemon DS has uhh... something, I think)

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice

If you reserve Brawl at Gamestop you get to participate in a tournament with other people who reserved Brawl. The tournament will be held on the midnight release...

I don't think you'll get anything else though as a tournament is pretty major as is.

Aw man. You mean we actually have to reserve the game in order to take part in that tourney? They never said that to me. Too bad, it looks like I'm going to be the only one of my friends to be participating then.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
I honestly would really like the OST of SSBB to come with the preorder. I mean, I know you can get it already on this ste, but I'm sure Nintendo would include a few other bonus versions of songs that would be more extravagant.
^This would own

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
A little button that when you push it it screams "WOW, INCREDIBLE!" Honestly that little soundbite from Melee was one of my favorite parts of the game.

Ojanya

Smash Ace

Dang, really? Wish there was some way to practice Brawl before then :S.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
get what right?

oh - you mean the game that hasn't even been released in the US, yet people are totally b!tching about how it's not like Melee?

oh yeah - that game

No thanks, I'd rather just have it already.
Just because you've lowered your standards to love whatever **** is thrown at you doesn't mean everyone else has. This has nothing to do with it being unlike Melee; it's because it's not the Brawl we were expecting. In fact, plenty of changes made from Melee (that were supposed to make Brawl incomparable to Melee), have been disappointments. I'd have been fine with a few, or even more than a few, but Brawl is ridiculously asinine.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
I honestly would really like the OST of SSBB to come with the preorder. I mean, I know you can get it already on this site, but I'm sure Nintendo would include a few other bonus versions of songs that would be more extravagant.
It seems like a lot of people like this idea (myself included). Trophies and smash balls are lame, but this would actually be a worthwhile extra. Even if it did cost an extra fifteen dollars or so.

No-Really-I-Suck

Smash Apprentice
Just because you've lowered your standards to love whatever **** is thrown at you doesn't mean everyone else has. This has nothing to do with it being unlike Melee; it's because it's not the Brawl we were expecting. In fact, plenty of changes made from Melee (that were supposed to make Brawl incomparable to Melee), have been disappointments. I'd have been fine with a few, or even more than a few, but Brawl is ridiculously asinine.
You were disappointed because of your ungodly expectations.

If you're calling SSBB crap - than you can't be pleased.

And if it's so asinine - don't play it - problem solved

people will find anything to ***** about these days

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
A poster would suffice. Or wait, maybe a kiss was put in every game case before they were shipped out! People may not know that they've getting a little bit of love from Sakurai every time they open the Brawl game case.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord

The same thing is at my Gamestop. I'm gonna own me some Smashers.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
You can get free overnight shipping if you pre-order at Gamestop. You just have to input the special coupon code (NINTENDO).

Top Bottom