• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Special Smash (Not New) 3DS XL : US possibly leaked via ad // UK/Australia Preorders Open

Are you going to get it?

• Don't have a 3DS yet, so Yes!

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I already have a 3DS, but yes anyways!

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • I already have a 3DS, so no.

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • I'm not getting Smash for 3DS.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I really like the console, but I dislike the fact the Smash Bros bundled is digital, as I prefer having a hard copy, so may skip on it for this reason. I did have the Limited Edition Ocarina of Time 3DS but have either lost or misplaced that so am looking into getting a new one.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I will get it if it ends up coming over to the states.
If it doesn't, I'll just get a regular 3DSXL.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
For anyone that's purchased a Limited Edition XL of another game - does the box for them come with an excerpt of information from the source game's regular backside of their box?
My TLoZ: A Link Between Worlds edition XL's box doesn't; what it has is a screen capture of some game footage on the underside and the game's logo on a few of its sides. :p The rest of the box is either blank or detailing basic information about the 3DS system itself. It also came with a small paper slip featuring the game's logo, a download code for the game, a picture of Link as he appears in the game and a bunch of download instructions. :p
I expect this Smash bundle would be pretty similar. :)

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I was about to post this, good thing I looked! :laugh:
Anyway, I already have a 3DS, so no, probably not getting this.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I like the shirt's simple design.

As for the 3DS, it isn't bad, I think that it would look a little nicer if the Super Smash Bros logo wasn't branded on the front.
Is this red different from the current in-store ones?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Another problem with the smash styled 3DS:
It looks a little... Cheap. It's just the characters on the boxart looking a little cartoony and the title printed in black and white on a red 3DS XL :laugh: . The should've went something more simple like put the smash emblem on it.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
They should've just put a big Smash logo in the middle and maybe some ornaments surrounding it. These could look like the targeting-hud of the Dragoon (and yes, without the fire):

But yeah, that's not happening *g*

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad they have a bundle, but the busy design and the fact that it is most likely a digital copy will keep me from buying it. I want a 3DS XL, so I'll probably just get a used one and customize it with a smash ball sticker or something.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Added a pre-order link to the GAME (UK) chain. Haven't been able to find other locations yet, but if anyone actually in Europe sees something, please post. :)

Also added some clarifications on the Shirt, whether the game is digital or physical, and importing (although this section is really short).

If you're considering the shirt and in the UK, the game would be a physical copy.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Am I the only one who thinks this design is a bit too... Loud? I dunno, I think I would've preferred having the series logos or something spread around rather than a monochrome version of the artwork plastered on. I liked the Zelda 3DS and the Dream Team one for that reason. They were nice and simplistic.

It's pretty cool though I guess.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
that looks pretty amazing but if it comes to NA I'm still fine with Aqua Blue.

SPAddict

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who thinks this design is a bit too... Loud? I dunno, I think I would've preferred having the series logos or something spread around rather than a monochrome version of the artwork plastered on. I liked the Zelda 3DS and the Dream Team one for that reason. They were nice and simplistic.

It's pretty cool though I guess.
Totally agree. Even if all they did was put the smash emblem and make the handheld black it would have sold me on it.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm not a huge fan of the 3DS design. I may've considered selling my current 3DS XL if it were a much simpler design. That just looks crowded.

The shirt's pretty cool, though.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Changed the thread title to reflect how if you really wanted the Europe region 3DS, GAME ships outside of UK. Even to Canada and the States if you really wanted the Smash 3DS if it doesn't get announced for North America.

R0Y

Smash Master
Changed the thread title to reflect how if you really wanted the Europe region 3DS, GAME ships outside of UK. Even to Canada and the States if you really wanted the Smash 3DS if it doesn't get announced for North America.
3DS is region-locked, it'd be a horrible idea.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
3DS is region-locked, it'd be a horrible idea.
It was more geared to people in Europe, where it isn't an issue, but some people were already considering importing in the thread. I stuck a blurb in region locking in the OP though.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
1)it says on one site there will be no ac adaptor wth how will ppl charge it?

2)also whats the likely hood of it not coming here?
3) how much does a used 3ds xl sale for?

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I need to upgrade to an XL for Sm4sh 3DS, so I'm going to grab this 3DS and I was going to have it digital anyway. So I can have Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Smash Bros avaliable at the same time. (Would have got Alpha Sapphire Digital, but I've heard stories of Pokebank not working well with Digital Pokemon X/Y)

That said, does anyone know if I'll be able to transfer the Smash Bros file from the supplied 3DS XL onto my current 16GB SD Card.

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Tough one. I expected there to be a 3ds XL bundle in japan as well. That made it very interesting, cuz that way I could play super smash before the EU release. But, seeing how it appears only to be europe, that and the prize (about 250 euros).... I'm not so sure anymore. I have a 2ds and I'd like to get super smash first to see whether or not the screen isn't too small... but... then I already have the game so even less reason to buy this one.

I don't know. I kind of want it, but...

SonicMario

Smash Master
When this comes to the US (Come on, I don't think they'd leave us out of of the Bundle)...

I've already had my regular 3DS since launch and I'll be getting a physical copy.

HOWEVER, I might consider getting this for my Brother on Christmas time. He doesn't have his own 3DS. And if there's one game I'd think he'd play, it's Smash Bros. Also so we can play Smash Run together.

Last edited:

.Alone

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRawkHawk
I do not yet have a 3DS, and my seasonal job just came to a conclusion. That said, if I can get another job within the next month or so, hell yes I will be picking this up.

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
1)it says on one site there will be no ac adaptor wth how will ppl charge it?

2)also whats the likely hood of it not coming here?
3) how much does a used 3ds xl sale for?
1) Usually in the US we get it with an AC adapter. I think it's really stupid that they don't.
2) Very very unlikely.
3) ebay?

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
1) Usually in the US we get it with an AC adapter. I think it's really stupid that they don't.
Here in Australia we get more or less the same products as Europe does (we're considered the same region in terms of video games) and most 3DSes over here have AC Adapters. Maybe they're just assuming that most of the people who buy it will already own a 3DS and therefore will already have a cable? It doesn't seem like particularly sound reasoning to me, but it's just about the only reason I could think for them to do it.

EDIT: I just went through the process of preordering (didn't actually commit to the purchase yet, just went to the checkout) and when you choose to preorder the console they give you a free charger with it. So there's no charger in the box but they give you one free anyway. Seems a bit strange but fair enough I suppose.

Last edited:

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Seeing that a bunch of gfames come out in October and The Fall Classic, im going to have to hold off.
It is a nice 3DS though.

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
I honestly am starting to think we might not be getting this bundle, which i hope im wrong, but its been almost a week now and nothing has been announced and the game comes out in what a month for japan and a month and a half for the states? i am thinking they might be holding off on the states and japan for a possible wiiu bundle?

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I honestly am starting to think we might not be getting this bundle, which i hope im wrong, but its been almost a week now and nothing has been announced and the game comes out in what a month for japan and a month and a half for the states? i am thinking they might be holding off on the states and japan for a possible wiiu bundle?
There are many different special 3ds xl's, and if it's not going to Japan is kinda weird, since smash bros kinda originated from that country.
Worst case scenario, there's a different design that us states and Japan gets

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Here's a small update - the Smash 3DS XL is avaliable to preorder in Australia via EB Games. Not the "New" 3DS XL though.

Still no word on Americas.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
i kinda gave up on this coming to the states
To be fair we only just got it here in Australia this week and our 3DSes are the same region as Europe. If they do plan on bringing it to the states they'll have to sort out the region coding and stuff first, so it'll probably take a bit longer.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
Last edited:
Top Bottom