• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Smash bros Broadcast

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Well, we got a worldwide Hyrule Warriors Direct before the game being released in Japan, so I don't see why they'd do a Japan-exclusive Smash Direct...

I'm sure we'll get a Direct soon, whether it's a general Direct or a Smash-specific one.
I also am hoping for a Direct, but hopefully it doesn't spoil the whole roster. Hopefully we get to see the starting roster and the remaining vets on there... Also get Snake's confirmation.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
If this is true then we'll see it in Monday's POTD. I seriously hope it's true but I won't believe it until I see it.

EDIT: This also makes a lot of sense, if it's a standard Direct it would be the same time as Gamescom, much like they did with E3.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So this thing is happening Monday? Interesting, because the western release date of a certain game with some big names behind it is supposed to be announced tomorrow. Since the game hasn't shown up in a direct yet, it could soon.

Very, very doubtful this means anything, though.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
So this thing is happening Monday? Interesting, because the western release date of a certain game with some big names behind it is supposed to be announced tomorrow. Since the game hasn't shown up in a direct yet, it could soon.

Which game is that if you don't mind me asking?

And it's supposed to happen Tuesday actually.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

What game?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
http://gunvolt.com/en/index.html
Azure Striker Gunvolt, successor to Megaman Zero.
Keji Inafune and Inti Creates are making the game.
I don't see what this has to do with Smash unless you think Mr Gunvolt(that's what I'm calling him) there in the center has a chance of getting in.

Edit: I laughed my guts out when I looked at the character page and saw that his name is Gunvolt XD

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
This is actually something I won't be watching haha. I love getting all these updates and stuff but I want a little mystery. I guess I'm old fashioned haha

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't see what this has to do with Smash unless you think Mr Gunvolt(that's what I'm calling him) there in the center has a chance of getting in.

Edit: I laughed my guts out when I looked at the character page and saw that his name is Gunvolt XD
No no, I was thinking it could be a general direct, and they could finally show off the game in it along with the SSB roster. I still think it's unlikely, but yaknow.

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
But Sakurai said that we were nearing the bottom of the pile of trailers when the Robin trailer was shown. I don't think "nearing the bottom" means that there's only one more left. I say there's 2 more trailers left. I don't believe this article. I think it's still too early for this kind of thing.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
This reminds me of the sites claiming that Pokemon Bank's release date had been confirmed in the article title in order to get hits, but actually just posted the same "fans are eagerly anticipating the release of..." rubbish with no actual proof or proper information. I wouldn't get hyped up too much over this; for now, I'm just looking forward to the CoroCoro scans. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Usually at what time are POTDs posted on Smashboards?

I know it's based on Japan time, which means sometime after midnight. I don't wanna stay up without incentive.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
...Well, I have something to do if I get woken up early then...

According to my iPad clock, it's 10:30 am in Japan. What time do you think we'll start to see scans?
Sounds like we should have them in Japan's afternoon, say, 2-4, which would fall in 2 AM.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Scans? Are we getting new Scans? I wished you guys wouldn't be so hyped until it's confirmed by Nintendo then HYPE. HYPE. HYPE.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Despite my low expectations on anything I'll probably stay up just to see if this pans out

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Well the pic of the day was not any kind of notification of the broadcast so it's credibility has gone down

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Well the pic of the day was not any kind of notification of the broadcast so it's credibility has gone down
Yeah, seems awfully unlikely now. Could still announce it later. When he announced the trailer for Robin, Lucina and Captain Falcon, it was at half 12 in the afternoon in the UK (6 hours from now), so maybe we could get something then or later/earlier.

Otherwise, unless in the very unlikely event it'll be in tomorrow's PotD, we won't be seeing a broadcast tomorrow.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
@ M Master Jelly : I think it's just a frog hat unfortunately.

And anybody wondering when CoroCoro TV starts, I believe it's at 3:00PM Japan time in case anybody is still holding out for news.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Hold on... How did nobody catch that BADASS set of DRAGON ARMOR for the Mii Gunner? It's on the Mii page and you get a dragon's head for a gun.

Also, I'm getting hopeful that you'll be able to use every Streetpass hat for Miis.

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
@ M Master Jelly : I think it's just a frog hat unfortunately.

And anybody wondering when CoroCoro TV starts, I believe it's at 3:00PM Japan time in case anybody is still holding out for news.
Even if it is I'll still pretend it's a Yoshi hat. :p
I'm now interested if the broadcast will show anything new, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Even if it is I'll still pretend it's a Yoshi hat. :p
I'm now interested if the broadcast will show anything new, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Interestingly the show should end around the time of the PotD. So I would not be surprised to see Meta Knight revealed on then show and then be the PotD.

I don't expect it, but I could still see it happen.

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
So it wasn't real. *sigh* I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up about this stuff.

So, does anyone who actually understand Japanese have any interesting info to share with us poor people who don't have the time to learn?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...has it actually been confirmed there's going to be a broadcast? I still haven't seen anything to suggest this.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Well i guess someone should lock this thread since it is no longer relevent.

Top Bottom