• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special Smash bros Broadcast

Gepona

Smash Rookie
NNID
iEndzone
3DS FC
5069-3947-0346
I'm remaining highly skeptical about this, and I'm leaning towards this just being bait. Only time will tell...

But if it is real... All aboard the hype train?

Also... I kinda expected Sakurai to reveal all characters before release because of the fact that he didn't like how other players spoiled the SSE's cutscenes, but all stages? I don't think so...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Every single character and stage in 1 broadcast?

The excited part of my brain WANTS to believe this...but the logical one says:

Only time will tell.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I'd like it to be true but I really don't think it is

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I really wish this is true, if I am forced for me to spoil the game for myself, I want to do it correctly. Not the second hand backwash of Japan.

Gepona

Smash Rookie
NNID
iEndzone
3DS FC
5069-3947-0346
Is this...confirmed?
Not officially by Nintendo yet, but as I said, if you search up "Smash Bros August 12" on Google, the whole page is filled with a bunch of sites saying the same thing...

Let's just wait for the scans :o

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
If you search up "Smash Bros August 12th" ... Almost every gaming news site is reporting on Corocoro saying this in the newest issue...

Guys...

It's real...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ei3-Qo9wHH4
Words cannot describe how much I want this to be real... I can't remove my doubt even with this info though...
Come on, Isaac and Shulk....

D

Deleted member

Wasn't the corocoro thing only supposed to cover already announced characters?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Going to wait for something more reliable than a random news-site which is citing an unreliable website as one of their sources in regards to the release date before I get excited. Plus, even if CoroCoro says we'll get a special broadcast revealing everything we've already been over that before, I highly doubt they're going to pull through for us.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
O mai gawd u gaiz!!i really want my characters to make it!!!!! I really hope bugs bunny will make it or maybe goku!!!!!!!!!!

Plsz Sakurai READ THIS!!!

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Going to wait for something more reliable than a random news-site which is citing an unreliable website as one of their sources in regards to the release date before I get excited. Plus, even if CoroCoro says we'll get a special broadcast revealing everything we've already been over that before, I highly doubt they're going to pull through for us.

To be fair, a broadcast from Nintendo revealing the characters themselves is more believable than Nintendo choosing to reveal all of the characters in a magazine. Though I agree that Corocoro is prone to exaggeration when it comes to stuff like this.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
If this is what "every" site is saying why do I only see a site I've never heard of sourcing it? It looks like Hallels specializes in Christian music/film news too.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I still have hope for Quote and/or Curly.

Even though it's unlikely, dammit, a man can dream.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
To be fair, a broadcast from Nintendo revealing the characters themselves is more believable than Nintendo choosing to reveal all of the characters in a magazine. Though I agree that Corocoro is prone to exaggeration when it comes to stuff like this.
Indeed, but unless we get an official statement from Nintendo I'll treat this as false information until then.

Also, is it supposed to be revealed by CoroCoro themselves or what? If anything it'll be in a Nintendo Direct, because those are actually international and come directly from the beast itself, if it states that Nintendo is going to reveal such major information through a Japan-exclusive magazine's live stream then it's no doubt fake.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I can't let it go, man. There's gotta be some glimmer of hope... right?
I was actually referring to the post topic, that "full roster reveal". And I know that feel, I still have hope Wonder Red will be playable even though he's already been shown as a trophy. A man can dream.

And then Sakurai can crush his dreams.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, but unless we get an official statement from Nintendo I'll treat this as false information until then.

Also, is it supposed to be revealed by CoroCoro themselves or what? If anything it'll be in a Nintendo Direct, because those are actually international and come directly from the beast itself, if it states that Nintendo is going to reveal such major information through a Japan-exclusive magazine's live stream then it's no doubt fake.
That's a fair stance. Enough false information gets thrown around about this game that it's definitely worth taking things like this with a grain of salt until we get an official statement.

It isn't made very clear. I guess it could be a direct, Nintendo don't tend to announce those too far in advance. I definitely agree with the Japan-only=fake part though. I can't see Nintendo doing something like that now. Not after they've been consistently releasing the information to all countries simultaneously.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
F is for freedom, that Sakurai wants to have to tease...
A is for all the hype that will wane without reveals...
K is for King K. Rool, not a character again and
E is for everything at all.

nessokman

Smash Lord
There isn't anything about it on sakurai's twitter. If it were being streamed on the 12th, he would have said something about it by now.

Top Bottom