• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Special moves in competitive play

Wrath`

Smash Master
uh razgrilz
1.People do spell things wrong
2.I'm 14 not 9
3.Even if i was put in my place,i'll still move from it
4.you've quoted realy old posts.
5.and you can't say much about me yet because you just entered the thread.Are you like god or something

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I'm 14 not 9
*Slow clap*

9 year olds are generally more intellilgent than 14 year olds, trust me. Good charlotte simple plan linkinpark bull ****ing **** my ****ing ***.

Koarin you're dumb. Ok? You're dumb You shouldn't make posts because everytime you do, it ends up with 3 pages of people calling you dumb... You're like an obtrusive smelly little turd blocking a river that is attempting to engage in intelligent discourse.

Leave, you 14 year old little moron. I hate you, you can't spell, your mom regrets you, and these forums would be better off without ya. Unless of course you choose to stop posting such stupidity and arguing with people who are 100% right in telling you off.

In my onion, you're a rotton piece of assfruit.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Dam...owned much? I've never seen a guy hated by so many people on a forum, it's kinda funny.

I was just gonna post here but I couldn't find anything to respond to.

ChrisLionheart

Smash Apprentice
i think special moves would be cool to have in competitive play if it wasn't a grab the item kinda deal. Like Super Turbo, SFIII, or MvC series, a charge bar would make sense. A grab the item to initiate a special would be based alot on luck depending on where the item drops. Hopefully smash brawl would implement features so people could pull off suprising comebacks to specials like Daigo in SFIII!
EVO Moment #37 anyone?!? imagine a Smash Brawl EVO Moment!

Wrath`

Smash Master
*Slow clap*

9 year olds are generally more intellilgent than 14 year olds, trust me. Good charlotte simple plan linkinpark bull ****ing **** my ****ing ***.Does it matter realy?You dont truly know sombodys smarts until you compete with them.Making this coment false.

Koarin you're dumb. Ok? You're dumb You shouldn't make posts because everytime you do, it ends up with 3 pages of people calling you dumb... You're like an obtrusive smelly little turd blocking a river that is attempting to engage in intelligent discourse.
I will give you a *slow clap* for being the only one not to drop this.This is the only thread that i've had 3 pages of being called dumb,it's acyual a good thing,because you will never forget my name now.And trust me if you go to other things i've posted that are not on this thread,you will see i've done what you call inteligent"posting".

Leave, you 14 year old little moron. I hate you, you can't spell, your mom regrets you, and these forums would be better off without ya. Unless of course you choose to stop posting such stupidity and arguing with people who are 100% right in telling you off.
It's not that i have a spelling problem,i just accidently clik two keys at one time,and then i dont look to see if i made any mistakes.
I use in my onion as a joke.
And look who's calling who an azzfruit,when you are the only one left hating on me.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
TWOK, you're just asking to get flamed again, you fall for it everytime, just stay on topic and hopefully no one will flame you. Of course, that would require you to not make any stupid on topic posts.

Wrath`

Smash Master
it's actually fun to get flammed,because it is fun to see how pizzed off i can make people.

On topic:Why not?

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
I use in my onion as a joke.
And look who's calling who an azzfruit,when you are the only one left hating on me.

Twok just because not everyone is as vocal as dylan with their disdain for you doesn't mean that we don't cringe every time something spews out from your infernal brain.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
*Slow clap*

9 year olds are generally more intellilgent than 14 year olds, trust me. Good charlotte simple plan linkinpark bull ****ing **** my ****ing ***.

:laugh: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL! Oh man... I think I just got a ****ing hernia...

For the record TWOK, I think you're an assfruit too. ;)

Joschaf

Smash Rookie
Okay

Special moves should probably not be in tournaments. But since we don't know how they work we can't say they should be or should "definitely not be" in tournaments.

Also, Dylan... You may not be angry when you make your posts, but when someone reads one of your posts and the way it is worded, that seems to be the only way they can be interpreted. I will say that you make good points and that you put a lot of effort into your posting but please try to back off on the "noobs" thing. It doesn't help either side when it looks like you're simply attacking people for not accepting your opinion. I don't think anyone here has ever said you have to say you "respect their input" or say "You're smart" to a complete idiot, but you don't have to rip them a new ******* either. (Just my two cents on how I've seen you posting... I hope you can read this and take it with a grain of salt and don't immediately jump on me based on this)

But yes, back to the Super moves in tournaments... If they are what they appeared to be in the trailer, no supers in tournaments... If they are toned down or something else is done to balance them... MAYBE?? I doubt it because everyone who said that the game is more fun depending on raw skills of the players is right, there shouldn't be one easy to achieve equalizer in the game.

But yes, just my two cents and my first offical post in the forums... I hope this doesn't make you all hate me from the start =P

P.S. Just read another one of your posts Dylan... #8 in "The effects of Spikes and Meteors should be reversed"

That is by far the nicest post I've seen from you while debating a point... :)
Again, I hope this doesn't end up making us enemies

VA

Smash Hero
I think people are taking the wrong view on supers. I believe Sora will make them properly balanced, hopefully they will be attacks that do a slightly higher amount of damage but are easily avoided or hard to hit with. I am only a casual player but me and my friends have things called "idiot strikes". These are attacks like Ganons B move. What I imagine the super to be, are moves somewhat along the lines of idiot strikes.

From what I saw in the video I expect that Mario's doesn't really do much, it doesn't move Kirby or Link at all and it probably won't deal a great amount of damage as it can hit multiple targets. Link seems to dash forward in his, sort of like Fox's B-Forward. I guess if he collides with someone he'll attack a few times, can't imagine it dealing too much damage either.

Anyway, I think there will be a specific option to turn supers on or off, so they are completely separate to items. I don't know, but I have thought about these things quite a lot. Basically if they are balanced they will be a really cool addiition. If they aren't balanced they will suck and people will just keep them turned off. If any of you have played Mario Power Tennis you'll know they sort of suck in that, but hopefully it will be a different story here.

Tera253

Smash Ace
*Slow clap*

you don't seem to realize that everyone else is saying that you, you dumb noob.
~Tera253~

Stryks

Smash Hero
*Slow clap*

Wow, way to show him ur way more mature...

Banks

Smash Hero
yea so basically we've learned that specials are an item and there are no items in tournaments. why the flying **** is there an argument anyway? everyone in here is pretty much gay rofl also everyone arguing for the inclusion of items including the special into tournament play is obviously a noob who doesnt know ****. I mean...wow. c'mon people.

I guess dylan's post was kind of funny though. >_>

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Super smashes might not even be in the game, they might have been used to make the game look flashy in the trailer, we should be able to tell by the 3rd or 4th trailer unless Sakurai says something before then.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I think they will be a part of the game, but they are likely to be an item and therefore disabled in competitive play. And even if they have their own unique option to turn "Supers" on or off I still see them being off in competitive play.

Tera253

Smash Ace
regardless if they are banned, they should be in because watching n00bs get pwned by a super fireball attack or a Kirby-ish boiling pot would just be plain funny.
~Tera253~

goateeguy

Smash Ace
What do you think? Sorry but I don't see why you're asking the question when you already answered it yourself.
Well, they may change the game! they still have enough time to make a minor programming tweak!

You hope that those stupid attacks are going to be part of competitive play? Why, because you can't compete for jack in the existing smash brothers games? Thank god your mentality won't be shared by those who will build the pro scene for brawl, if there even is one. Depends if they whor it out to the noobs of smash for the sole purpose of selling a lot of copies, or if they'll try to also cater to smash brothers players with real skill

Normally I wouldn't be so blunt, but even the mere suggestion that an attack caused by an item would be in tournament play is so ludicrous is merits the above response.
finally, someone who's as concerned about these big super attack thingies as i am! Smash is good in the first place becuz it actually takes skill to win! not just "AAAAHHHHH must use my chars speed to get to pwnage item first!!!!!" that would be suicide for the series!:urg:

Seison

Smash Journeyman
"AAAAHHHHH must use my chars speed to get to pwnage item first!!!!!"
rofl.

anyway, like the millions of people have already said, I think whether or not supermoves get accepted into tourney play will depend on how they are incorporated into the game. If they are random items, I don't think we'll be seeing them in tournaments, however if you have to do a great deal of skillful work in order to activate a supermove, they may actually be allowed in tourneys.

ps. Dylan, that piano video from page 4 or something pwns my bones. pretty intense, keep up the good work.

Top Bottom