• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sparring Partners?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Nice counter @ Windmaster012 Windmaster012

Edit: How do you think my DK's coming, by the way? I know we only played a couple matches today... but I was just curious what your thoughts were.

Last edited:

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Nice counter @ Windmaster012 Windmaster012

Edit: How do you think my DK's coming, by the way? I know we only played a couple matches today... but I was just curious what your thoughts were.
Your DK is coming along pretty nice, very good combos and that first match spike threw me off my game xD. You sometimes become very predictable but i still get caught in your attacks. Best DK i've seen so far. How do you think my Shulk is coming along?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Your DK is coming along pretty nice, very good combos and that first match spike threw me off my game xD. You sometimes become very predictable but i still get caught in your attacks. Best DK i've seen so far. How do you think my Shulk is coming along?
:D Fair spikes with DK are even more satisfying than mega uppers. Yeah, I'm kind of feeling like my DK is kind of stagnant/I'm not really developing my game with him which leads to me being predictable. I've gotten better at my offensive game (combos/follow ups/aerials), but getting into it is still a problem as well as being able to deal with pressure/play defensively. DK boards are a wasteland, so that doesn't help much either...

Shulk is very good. I think spacing your Nair aproaches and using ftilt instead of jab might be to your benefit. That way, you can stay out of shield grab range while using the ftilt range to combo. I also read that Shulk's ftilt is just as fast as the jab (but I'm not actually sure). Also, if you want to get technical, using the Monado Arts to b-reverse and cancel stuff instead of only as a stance-change could probably push him to the next level. I've never seen anyone do that, but it sounds like it could really add a lot to your already very good game. I don't see a lot of Shulks, but yours is head and shoulders better than the others I've faced.

Edit: I just watched a video of using the Monado Arts to cancel landing lag. That stuff is really cool and I definitely recommend it.

Last edited:

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
:D Fair spikes with DK are even more satisfying than mega uppers. Yeah, I'm kind of feeling like my DK is kind of stagnant/I'm not really developing my game with him which leads to me being predictable. I've gotten better at my offensive game (combos/follow ups/aerials), but getting into it is still a problem as well as being able to deal with pressure/play defensively. DK boards are a wasteland, so that doesn't help much either...

Shulk is very good. I think spacing your Nair aproaches and using ftilt instead of jab might be to your benefit. That way, you can stay out of shield grab range while using the ftilt range to combo. I also read that Shulk's ftilt is just as fast as the jab (but I'm not actually sure). Also, if you want to get technical, using the Monado Arts to b-reverse and cancel stuff instead of only as a stance-change could probably push him to the next level. I've never seen anyone do that, but it sounds like it could really add a lot to your already very good game. I don't see a lot of Shulks, but yours is head and shoulders better than the others I've faced.

Edit: I just watched a video of using the Monado Arts to cancel landing lag. That stuff is really cool and I definitely recommend it.
Thanks, I tried to practice the MA-cancel but with the 3ds controls it feels very weird and its kinda hard to do, but once i get my hands on the Wii U version, I plan on playing a very technical Shulk. The Shulk forums arent of any help either -___-, except for the occasional Adv. techniques they discover but i tried several times to play against other Shulk mains but they dont respond or anything lol, plus it's kinda hard to see or play against a really dedicated Shulk main, but I plan to be the best Shulk in NA or atleast well known xD

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
MA canceling seems a lot like a timing thing. Looking forward to seeing it in action. I was talking to Frogger about this, the activity on the character boards really varies, which is really sad. I didn't realize how active the Mega Man boards were comparatively until I went to the DK boards...

Spirst

MA canceling seems a lot like a timing thing. Looking forward to seeing it in action. I was talking to Frogger about this, the activity on the character boards really varies, which is really sad. I didn't realize how active the Mega Man boards were comparatively until I went to the DK boards...
And Duck Hunt boards. We have two stickies and most discussion is about the name of the character.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
@ Spirst Spirst Yo dude, about that Norris/Speed tournament, did it happen already or is it really changed to Nov. 15?

Spirst

Oh, good then cause i totally forgot about that tournament xD, I just hope that you aren't my first opponent ;-;
Haha, I forgot about it too. Wonder how brackets will be. At least you won't be up against Doge which is the character I've been using most as of late.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Haha, I forgot about it too. Wonder how brackets will be. At least you won't be up against Doge which is the character I've been using most as of late.
I got lucky, I get to use Shulk but im still not confident in my Shulk tourney-wise :/, I'll try to do my best tho.

Spirst

I got lucky, I get to use Shulk but im still not confident in my Shulk tourney-wise :/, I'll try to do my best tho.
I think you'll be alright. There's no real prize at the end or anything like that other than bragging rights.

Disconnect, nice.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
I think you'll be alright. There's no real prize at the end or anything like that other than bragging rights.

Disconnect, nice.
Yup, I've been having connection issues all day long in Sm4sh, im gonna try to restart the router, see if that fixes it.

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Alright, cool.

You seem to have a number of connection issues. Got a plan for the Wii U version?
Yup, LAN adapter, and my connection is fine when i play LoL or my ps3 but it just lags horribly when i play Smash. I made a room if you want to play, see if i dont lag now >.<

Spirst

Yup, LAN adapter, and my connection is fine when i play LoL or my ps3 but it just lags horribly when i play Smash. I made a room if you want to play, see if i dont lag now >.<
Unable to join the room. Give me like ten minutes and then we'll see what we can do.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
DK is probably one of the least used/popular character in the game. Just look at the brawl character boards. DK has the least amount of messages.

But if you want to have some DK dittos. I'd be down. I remember playing you for 1 game in the arena tho. IIRC it was pretty laggy. So let me know if you're up for it.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
DK is probably one of the least used/popular character in the game. Just look at the brawl character boards. DK has the least amount of messages.

But if you want to have some DK dittos. I'd be down. I remember playing you for 1 game in the arena tho. IIRC it was pretty laggy. So let me know if you're up for it.
If I remember correctly, we tried playing while I was at work where my internet is sub par. I'd be down for some DK dittos too sometime.

JGR

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhoenixVonKarma
3DS FC
0516-8363-0205
Hey, does anyone want to play? The characters I'm most comfortable with are Yoshi, Rosalina and Ness and I'm wanting to practice other characters. Generally up for sparring with whatever character though, including the three I mentioned. Have a lot of free time at the moment so message me whenever for a game.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Looking for spar, customs on. Anyone?

Windmaster012

Smash Journeyman
NNID
masterefra012
3DS FC
0473-8259-2427
Anyone up for some matches? Looking to improve my Shulk and Megaman, tips/critiques are also very appreciated.

MrFrigid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3259-2884-2790
Anyone on? I REALLY need more pro links/ninjas/marios to learn from.

Top Bottom