• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

rhan

Smash Hero
Nah Ether it wasn't the T-shirts. I did an ENORMOUS favor for him but dude honestly.............................omg...I've got it.

Well.

I'm telling everyone at the hotel at Pound 4.

Not kidding, actually.

I won't post the whole story on the boards ever.

But I'm telling anyone willing to listen to the whole saga at Pound.

But not during the tournament, so at the hotel.

Already got a ****load of people sitting in XD!!!

SOVA I THINK I'M GETTING MORE THAN ONE HOTEL ROOM.

NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME [LIKE...NOW] TO LET ME KNOW EXACTLY WHO NEEDS A ROOM!!!!

I need to know how many rooms to get and I'm getting them reserved tomorrow so PLEASE let me know so I can plan accordingly.

@ Dobee: nooooooooooooooooooooooo ;______;
After watching that thread shoot up to 500 posts in less than 4 hours. I'm totally ready to hear this story.

I got a mini one. He basically tried to con my step bro into a MM. But I was with him.

Obviously he's a fake *** hustler.

Also when it comes to room situations. I'm possibly staying with Theo's homeboi, DJRome. How's your room situation looking like Toasty? I might wanna chill with my SoVA Peeps.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
yo if youre getting multiple rooms toasty i still havent exactly established who im staying with. im trying to split the cost as many ways as possible...

Ether

Smash Ace
Hey toasty...bad news. Looks like I still have to report to Cox on the 11th, despite the holiday. Looks like it's a day for newbies only, as the rest of the building will be empty.

So I'd have to leave on Sunday. But judging from the scheduling, I'd only be playing on Sunday if I did AMAZINGLY well on Saturday, and I was somehow still in.

So Lisa would go too, and drive. We'd stay in our own room that Friday and Saturday, and we'd check out on Sunday sometime and head back. She'd enter, too, so we'd shell out about $300 between the two of us, including hotel and tourney fees.

It's tempting, really. We've never really had a vacation like that before. I'll talk to her about it. I know I have until the 25th to register for the hotel discount.

Am I right in understanding there are two hotels? Which hotel are you in, toasty? And what's your room number? I want to be close to where the cool people hangout.

I read that Fullmetal got like 9th place at Winterfest, which I didn't even know took place. That's awesome news in itself. Tell the man great job for me.

I don't know if there's anything else I'm forgetting about Pound. If you think there is, toasty, let me know. It seems that I'd prep for Cox orientation in the days before we drive up for the tourney, stay Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday morning, and drive back with enough time to spare for traffic and a good night's rest on Sunday evening. How long of a drive is it? Should we do a plane ride instead?

Ether

Smash Ace
I went through every page of that PBannedJ thread and read every epic post; however, people glanced over this one by Alex Strife:
"if you thought this was bad http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120921191 "

That is officially the funniest thing I have EVER seen. No ******* joke. THE funniest thing I have ever seen. Read it. ALL of it. NOW!
Hilarious! I read the first post; now I'm reading the others.

rhan

Smash Hero
It's amazing how fast the thread went. Look at the times when you scroll through. You'll see that like 4-6 posts happen within the same time.

That is crazy as hell.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
So if I go to Pound, I can hang out in your room, toasty? And hear the story? And maybe play Isai?

Tempting...
Hey toasty...bad news. Looks like I still have to report to Cox on the 11th, despite the holiday. Looks like it's a day for newbies only, as the rest of the building will be empty.

So I'd have to leave on Sunday. But judging from the scheduling, I'd only be playing on Sunday if I did AMAZINGLY well on Saturday, and I was somehow still in.

So Lisa would go too, and drive. We'd stay in our own room that Friday and Saturday, and we'd check out on Sunday sometime and head back. She'd enter, too, so we'd shell out about $300 between the two of us, including hotel and tourney fees.

It's tempting, really. We've never really had a vacation like that before. I'll talk to her about it. I know I have until the 25th to register for the hotel discount.

Am I right in understanding there are two hotels? Which hotel are you in, toasty? And what's your room number? I want to be close to where the cool people hangout.

I read that Fullmetal got like 9th place at Winterfest, which I didn't even know took place. That's awesome news in itself. Tell the man great job for me.

I don't know if there's anything else I'm forgetting about Pound. If you think there is, toasty, let me know. It seems that I'd prep for Cox orientation in the days before we drive up for the tourney, stay Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday morning, and drive back with enough time to spare for traffic and a good night's rest on Sunday evening. How long of a drive is it? Should we do a plane ride instead?
Ether: you're a ****ing champion if you do this.

I'm getting the hotel tomorrow.

Which one? uhhh if you go to the site it's whichever hotel has the continental breakfast, NOT the breakfast buffet since we'll have so many people in our rooms but the breakfast buffet hotel only gives you 2 buffet tickets per room per day :(

I think it's the fairfield inn?

Oh and uh...you should probably drive instead of flying.

Flying will be a terrible hassle considering how close you are to MD.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I'm going to try to be there 4 sharp to get as many games in as possible. Sorry if I cheated Malco, Oro?, and Jird out of games.. i feel bad =[

Ether

Smash Ace
I'm still awake. I'm ready to play right now.

edit - no, no I'm not. I'm bloody tired, what am I saying...

toasty - thanks, I'll let Lisa know the details and we'll figure out if we want to do this.

D0N

Smash Ace
whodat if your number is the same as your old one we will call you when we play later today. dobee I don't know your number but but if you pm it to me ill call you too.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
yeah i still have my old phone. if you can't reach me on that one you can call me on my other line 757 813 1843. It will be good to actually get in some games with you both. i'm still pretty trash though :(

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Holy crap I'm tired from work today, but no johns. I am ON MY WAY to Ether's fest. Smashhhh YESSSS...!!

JWolf and Ether we need to have sets.

rhan

Smash Hero
Toasty said something about "getting another room" about 10 posts back.

Who's gonna be so kindly to have me ride along with them to Pound?

I gotz gas money.
I'm clean.
I use D-O to kill B-O.
I'm chill and will probably listen to my ipod the entire ride.

Ether: Be there around 6:20 ish.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
Rhan ill ask rahil about giving you a ride. he'll be spending the night at my house so you'll need to find a ride/bus to whatever hotel you're going to be staying at but we could probably get you there and back

toasty

Smash Hero
reminder:

if you plan to stay at the hotel [which means you do NOT have arrangements yet for staying somewhere else, because you're most like **** outta luck with that] PLEASE post and say so.

That way I can get an accurate head count before I reserve the rooms.

Trust me, prices will be reasonable.

Rooms will be snug [but not bad] and you will probably be sleeping on the floor.

But that's to be expected.

Besides, everyone will be too busy smashing, smoking, drinking, and whatever other shenanigans may take place.

So post.

If you're ambivalent and post a big ole maybe then I won't be putting you on the list.

Again: if you don't already have housing arranged, you probably WON'T have housing arranged anywhere EXCEPT the hotel.

So if that applies to you, say so.

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Nah, I checked the boards on my phone on the way home lol...

Good matches tho everyone

rhan

Smash Hero
Rhan ill ask rahil about giving you a ride. he'll be spending the night at my house so you'll need to find a ride/bus to whatever hotel you're going to be staying at but we could probably get you there and back
ALright my ride situation is still meh at the moment. Doug told me today that if he drive I'll most def have a spot in his car. But I'll definitely have to hold you to that offer. :)

Good matches today everyone. Many laughs!

"Cheat Codes" are too good!

JWolf

Smash Cadet
ALright my ride situation is still meh at the moment. Doug told me today that if he drive I'll most def have a spot in his car.

Good matches today everyone. Many laughs!

"Cheat Codes" are too good!
It's not funny to me, He was abusing it! It may have sounded funny to you, but he pulled a stitch, a bomb, and a sword in the same match. If you ask me he put in CHEAT CODES!

Proper shoutouts to everyone tomorrow. I'm too tired/drunk for all that carrying on now lol. Which includes both fests! :)

EDIT: So after hearing about what happened at ether's today I decided to spend some time to read up on what happened. I honestly read to like page 5 on the main thread before getting bored knowing that there wasn't any stories happening till pound 4. I decided to read his thread and having a father that isn't in my life any more and hearing utter bull**** day in and day out for most of my childhood I could sense from his words that it was the same ****.

Toasty I take your word for what you said and I know you wouldn't lie about this.
I went into his thread open minded, as I didn't really see anything that would change my mind about the whole situation in the previous thread, but after reading only the first post I can see that most of what he was saying was stuff he could openly lie about without repercussions. Believe me, I've dealt with it before and I taught myself to see it from a mile away.

Still drunk, but I felt that whole situation made me sober up a lot quicker than I wanted to. Thanks Peanut Butter and Jelly time.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I just cant believe mothers got involved.
Toasty: Bats, Jird, Jray, Rich, Oro?, and I will also need a room.

J Da King: Do you know if the twins or scoob have their spit in order?

toasty

Smash Hero
Well actually guys due to recent revelations in the form of PBnJ's posts indicating that he actually DIDN'T learn JACK S*** from this whole ordeal [despite his claims of crying and praying], I asked everyone if they would be okay with me posting EVERYTHING.

All the stories.

All the details.

I'm waiting on confirmation from one person.

And I'm waiting on details and fact-checking from another person.

In a few days, expect a MAMMOTH post that will expose everything.

**** that mother ****er.

Jeff, you hit the nail on the head.

On the way home from HERB2, Evan told me the story about his own father [a rich "deadbeat" who doesn't do anything for the wife/kids he abandoned] and it was made all too apparent to me that it was that typical situation:

If you abuse your kids, there is an increased likelihood that they will abuse theirs. Many times, it occurs in the same type of abuse. [See Also: Incest/Molestation/Excessive and Unnecessary Violence]

At the same time, Jeff, for what it's worth, I'm sorry.

EDIT, completely unrelated:

Thank goodness I have a credit card. More importantly: Thank goodness that the expenses incurred today won't be due until February!!!!

Translation: I guess I'll be getting a bunch of hotel rooms, now @_@

Also: I may have to come up with a flat rate for ANYONE staying in the rooms, regardless of how long they are staying. Not sure about that one yet but it's going to be rather complicated to really give everyone an accurate figure when people are wishy-washy about when they're arriving/leaving etc.

If it's just for one night, I'll come up with a figure for that.

At the moment though, I'll try to make it as fair as possible.

rhan

Smash Hero
Man Pound is now officially the storytime tourney!

Eff the actually tourney! I wanna hear moar of that DRAAAAAAAMAAAAA!

Edit: BTW, I read both JWolf's and Toasty's posts. I can relate to the no/deadbeat dad thing.

I guess I got a little story at Pound too! :D

Top Bottom