• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

Famous

Smash Champion
lol, I was talking to kadaj...But yeah, Thursday wasn't really a fest...I was there so dobee could pick us up from one place..And I believe kadaj calls you over to play on more occasions than him/us needing a ride

Yeah, that was the 2nd time I've payed for a hotel room that I didn't even get to stay in...People are going to be letting me stay in thier rooms for free next time =]

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol naw kadaj never calls me. its chill. Dont worry Famous Slikvik took your bed at apex lol.

Cstick i still do melee. Still rockin pokefloats.

D0N

Smash Ace
Good job SK.

Famous never hits anyone up cuz hes famous. Your supposed to hit him up, he doesnt have time for your scrubbyness unless you make an appointment.

Kadaj never has a working phone...

When I get back I think im gonna try to play hard at TO5. By play hard, I mean actually practice and work on things like mashing out of grabs and DI. maybe lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
just so you know...TO5 is Melee ONLY.

SK...so mean :(

edit: we just got this AMAZING employee who can handle **** sooo now my schedule is pretty amazing...I can't remember the last time I was excited about only having to work 8 hours XD

And finally:

Pound 4.

Doug. It was so great seeing you again! Sorry I couldn't get there earlier...we coulda had some good friendlies...AND I missed out on the story you were going to tell me! Gah.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I didnt sleep in anyones hotel room, I slept where everyone was playing.

I dont call for rides lol I call so we can play I never actually call someone to pick me up excluding at herb
if anything I just call for ppl to play with :)

and lmao Famous Bill clinton :laugh: (inside joke for those who dont know)

I may say im not sova but its only because I hate when ppl say its sova baby, lol I hate it when toasty says it and hes the one who made it up :laugh:

I know where Im from and live but if anything I carry the name of sova more than anyone else living here

CStick

Smash Lord
so yea...I kinda want to play more melee. CoD4 is getting easy to ****.

I seriously have a nice, reliable car and a GPS that I need to figure out, so I can seriously drive to tourneys now, even if I only drive myself and say "phuck y'all I'm gonna go waste money getting good at a game and having fun kthxbai".

So when is TO5, and Pound4?

I know that Pound4 is a good 6 or so months away, so I *WILL* be there for it, one way or the other. But, if TO5 is far enough away to take off I may wanna go >.> and I would have three spots open in my car.

toasty

Smash Hero
TO5 is Labor Day Weekend:

September 5th and 6th!

I'm trying to ensure that I will not be needed at my store for that entire weekend, though that's a little much to ask for...we'll see what happens.

Either way, no more shenanigans. My schedule is working out in my favor, and ****'s about to get crazy amazing!

More on this later =D

btw: wow my Falco is ****ing RAAAAPE when I'm high @_@

D0N

Smash Ace
Oh right, I meant Pound 4 not TO5... That woulda been bad times for me.

I should be back by Dec 1st.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
so yea, melee at my place or other place to be agreed upon for Thursday and Friday

and yea, sorry Gaia, but I don't really care for brawl, lol. As far as I'm concerned you guys are traitors to melee, and thus are dead to me as smashers :p :p :p :p

j/k...I love brawl, but only because I camp/spam Metaknight

and by love, I mean don't love

and by don't love, I mean hate

and by hate, I mean MELEE FOR LYFE SON
This^^^^^^

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
I may say im not sova but its only because I hate when ppl say its sova baby, lol I hate it when toasty says it and hes the one who made it up :laugh:

I know where Im from and live but if anything I carry the name of sova more than anyone else living here
Right.......

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Im proud of my little brother SK!!
Oh and im down for Csticks and Ethers!!
Dont do it on the same day so we can get more play time! :]

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol. I might get back in the melee scene. Though i am moving to NY imma still repping SoVA <3

The_Doug

Smash Ace
HERB was effing great! So glad to see the melee scene so alive and loud. Well maybe just super loud in that part of North Carolina. Haha, the crowd reactions to the home team were intense and I can't wait to see/hear the vids.

EY and I did well in teams and could have done even better - 3rd or 4th was in our grasp but we blew a two on one due to outside pressure. I love teaming up with a fast Fox, hehe.

Both M2K and Hax pretty much demolished me in my pool. M2K Peach dittoing me on my counter pick and winning a JV3 stock was disheartening, but I think I learned more in that one game than I've learned in a game of smash in six years. Had good sets with FullMetal, Alukard, and one other Falcon player. Happy enough with my placing, and I'm sure I'll get a bit better.

Looking forward to your fest on the weekend Ether.

edit: JWolf and Malco did you guys leave early also?

JWolf

Smash Cadet
Yeah sorry for leaving mad early without saying much but we left directly after the team grand finals. I want to hear stories from your singles experience as well as STARS or CNU. Ill be glad to hear them at ethers or Csticks as I will definitely be there. Is any of STARS coming to either? =/

Sorry again Doug for leaving mad early but we had front row seats for the team grand finals, and more times than 1 did we look at each other and say "talk about home field advantage"

More Smash in the future, we need to put Sova on the map. Sorry to Dobee and the group about the car failures, wish you guys coulda made it I was looking for yall. Good **** SK for 5th in singles you said you felt good but i kinda doubted you, but you proved it to me your a force to be reckoned with in brawl. IN BRAWL. See me in melee son =]

Sorry for babbling I'm a little drunk, but I need as many people at Csticks or Ethers to get as much practice as possible!

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty- Yeah I do think that I'm the one who made it up lol. Sorry Kadaj

This sucks. I haven't played smash since I left. I'm supposed to go to HOBO, but I'm not even sure if my ride is gonna get me so I might not even go then. It's not like I'd be any good anyway. I think I may have to end up dropping this game for good and just stick to SC4 and SF4.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
well its gonna cost $150 to repair my car. . . its supposed to be like $1000 but ima n!gg@. I know people.
But yeah, its whatever.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm so down with going to CSTick's and Ether's. I just need to find a way I can get the gas money to got o my dad's. hehe....

So when these fests going on? I still got hype from HERB inside of me. Effing drank like 7 vaults in 1 day and I still got that buzz....

Shaden/Theo: Wanna pitch in some gas moneys and go to both or one of them? I don't think my dad would allow having people over 2 weekends in a row.... But if all else fails then I'll ask and take the blows.

toasty

Smash Hero
lmao @ Dobee's explanation for the cheap fix...just make sure everything's legit and not a bunch of 3rd-party ["after market"] parts...

awww that reminds me... Slash: BabyStop really needed to happen before I left...*sigh*

I can't wait for TO5!!!! ****'s gonna be DOOOOPE!!! I'm actually NOT going to use Ness [granted, at Smash or Die 7, I went Ness...2 stocked a Peach...went Marth and ended up losing, went Ness again and 2 stocked again...gahhhhh stupid flares of misleading hope! ;__;]

But I'll make a promise to SoVa(/Ether) to go Falco/Fox/Marth just so I'm not left with Johns that I'm too embarrassed to post because even I won't believe them >_>

hope you guys can come through! I didn't chill with SoVa nearly enough at HERB and totally forgot to cheer on S-Man as I was too busy mulling over my exhaustion and slight shade of shame.

S-Man- teach me the ways of dropping your lower-tier main in tourney play!!! You inspire me to do better by technically happening to be better than me, though my personal bias suggests otherwise...but I like being right so I'll be quiet about it until I actually AM better than you XD [see in the end, it benefits both of us, because you wanna be the best, and I wanna be better than you...we'll just be a never ending cycle of awesome =D]

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty- I'll try to make it to HOBO. Maybe the competition will inspire me to continue to play. As it is I can really only find comp in the games that I listed before.

CStick

Smash Lord
SMASH AT MY PLACE TOMORROW/THURSDAY! START AT 2PM!!!!

1817 Haverhill Dr
Virginia Beach VA 23456 (or 23453...same thing)

text me to let me know if you're coming: 757-339-2280

someone please bring an extra TV/cube/setup! We can fit it in my room, trust me. If too many people show up, then I'll just relocate to the garage and put a million fans in it

there is no definite gtfo time; basically it's until I go to sleep or until you guys want to leave

edit: and yes, anyone can come. Just behave of course. It's my parents' house - not mine.

Top Bottom