• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

CStick

Smash Lord
lol, can't wait for star gem matches.

I'm gonna be a loser and challenge people who I know I can most likely beat to a best-of-15 set right off the bat (i.e. a set requiring all your gems) so I can have like 28 gems >_>

anyways, good matches Ether. I guess I'll learn how to get faster with Marth or Fox or something. I'm free Tues. and Thurs. coming up so if you're free and down for some matches let me know.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
lol, can't wait for star gem matches.

I'm gonna be a loser and challenge people who I know I can most likely beat to a best-of-15 set right off the bat (i.e. a set requiring all your gems) so I can have like 28 gems >_>

anyways, good matches Ether. I guess I'll learn how to get faster with Marth or Fox or something. I'm free Tues. and Thurs. coming up so if you're free and down for some matches let me know.
I'm down for matches.

Ether

Smash Ace
Thanks everyone who came out last night *cougheveryonebutstarsandmalcocough*. It was a blast! There were times I was laughing too much to do anything but shoot standing lasers. Speaking of laughter, when Doug, Schoolie, Lisa and I were going to Arby's, we were thinking of what a crew name for SoVa would be. They thought of using the letters S.O.V.A. to spell out something, like how HR = Hampton Roads = Head Rapers.

A combined SoVa crew will be called "**** on Virgins--Always."

Anywho, we didn't do the Star Gem thing last night because 1) I wanted more setups, and I need rhan for that, and 2) I wanted everyone to be there. But the Star Gems are here, and they look sweet as hell in their wooden chests. The next fest is serious business in a not-so-serious environment. It's like combining friendlies with tourney play.

The Doug - Thanks for the sodas and tv. Great games and it's always fun teaming with you. We need to come up with team strats to be more effective. I'm thinking I need to play center stage. I'll get back at you about that.

Schoolie****ingDEE - I'm glad you came!!! And you're sooooo good with Falcon and sooooo g@y with puff.

JWolf - You're the toughest person for me to play. I'd ask you to team with me sometime, but you and Malco are too good on teams. And I hope the guys you brought can get something out of my lessons. And I didn't expect to see the guy who took 2nd at the Gamestop tourney!! That's too cool.

CStick - I don't really think my Marth moves that fast, but you weren't the only one who said that about my Marth last night, so maybe I'm wrong, lol. Can't believe I lost that last one against you...Ganon on Yoshi's is dangerous, apparently. I mean, I honestly would like to show you everything I know about Marth, so if you're interested, I'll try to do that next time.

Everyone else - you guys are amazing, draft crews are fun, and we'll do it again real soon.

D0N

Smash Ace
Posting incase any of you didnt know: I just figured out that the longer you take to register for pound 4, the more expensive it gets.

Who all is going anyway?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
ugh FML Savannah??

I'm going to Pound 4!

And August 1st was the date the price went up.

The fee will go up 2.50 each month PER GAME [Brawl or Melee] that you are registered for.

REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE if you find, closer to the date, that you can't make it to the tourney.

So it's best if you register now for a lower price than to wait and pay a potential $25 more if you're playing both games

D0N

Smash Ace
I didn't know there were refunds. In that case ill register by the end of the week... well the end of the week in my time zone anyway

rhan

Smash Hero
Thanks everyone who came out last night *cougheveryonebutstarsandmalcocough*. It was a blast! There were times I was laughing too much to do anything but shoot standing lasers. Speaking of laughter, when Doug, Schoolie, Lisa and I were going to Arby's, we were thinking of what a crew name for SoVa would be. They thought of using the letters S.O.V.A. to spell out something, like how HR = Hampton Roads = Head Rapers.

A combined SoVa crew will be called "**** on Virgins--Always."

Anywho, we didn't do the Star Gem thing last night because 1) I wanted more setups, and I need rhan for that, and 2) I wanted everyone to be there. But the Star Gems are here, and they look sweet as hell in their wooden chests. The next fest is serious business in a not-so-serious environment. It's like combining friendlies with tourney play.
I wish i would have came. But I couldn't make it there alone. Gas was low... Next time we as STARS need to plan and talk to our parents about ****... <.<

The entire SoVA crew name is funny. But I think we could possibly do a little better. :)

I'll bring my tiny TV anytime cause that fits in my trunk. And if my car isn't packed I'l throw one of my other TV's in the back seat.

CStick

Smash Lord
so yea, due to $900 on my credit card, $300 for new tires coming up, and my school loan people coming after me since I'm not full-time (TCC guidance counselors suck at life and their jobs), I cannot bring myself to drive all the way down to Savannah for a tourney. Guess I'll wait for pound or something else closer.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Thanks, Jason Black-Anger Balrog.

Ether...if I was in SoVa, you'd be hearing me knocking on your door right now while prepping the Handbanana video to show you the magic...

I'm pretty sure you've seen it though, it's pretty old...and it's the reason for the amazingness that is this thread's PERMANENT title [until someone can think of a better one...but that's not too likely ^_^...although I wouldn't mind seeing "SOVA: GOOOOOD **** ETHER AND THE REST OF SOVA @ POUND!!! SoVa on the map, n****" that would be pretty cool]

Crystalnite: did you play against PB&J in pools at HERB2?

D0N

Smash Ace
Australia is America with Accents... and no kool-aid :(. I have not been to the city yet though, only the country. Ill sum things up without too many stories.

Its pretty cool out here. I ended up at a party college in the mountains and there is always something going on. Today its a scavanger hunt. Im legal to drink since the age limit is 18 here too, so I bought a bottle of Vodka just because I could. Im right next to mount Panorama if anyone knows what that is (famous race track). I can step outside and see it spelled out kinda like how you would see hollywood spelled out.
And the roos (kangaroos)... I walked out my dorm door one morning and one was just starring at me through a window lol. The wildlife is cool, I promise you guys the pigeons here look like they have mohawks lol.
The smash scene is pretty cool. They dont ban D3 infinates though... my favorite smasher down here so far is Tedeth (Wolf/Wario in brawl, Ganon in melee). I stayed the night at his place and played melee/brawl one weekend. Good times and good hospitality. Ill go to a tournament in about 2 weeks and hopefully rep you all well. I think Shaya (marth) will be the best there, but we have Kadaj so I should be okay even though its been awhile since ive played him.
I tried Vegimite, it sucked. I have not tried kangaroo. And Mcdonalds is here, but its called "Mackers."

D0N

Smash Ace
Oh I have pictures already lol. Ill try to post some pics on the boards for you guys.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have an old Cube I could borrow?

Mine recently broke during training mode with falcon. Guessing this is some sort of omen, pleading with fate to end my falcon's persevering, unconventional spirit. Nay kinsman, and to the continuing grapples with existentialism, my guttering roar commands "Have at thee, Curr!"

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
CNU u have reminded me:

speed kept talking about how he would post a stars vs cnu event type thing that should happen and we keep on ignoring (i personally never saw it but anyways). My point is that cnu is pretty mucch the only other "group" of smashers that play actively in sova but i dont remember the last time i played a cnu guy at a VA venue.

SO.......Are we gonna do anything????

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
We = You + Us. So let's see:

You: will be thoroughly *****.

Us: we will probably talk trash the entire time, pause during matches, and be, in general, complete *******s.

SOUNDS LIKE SEPTEMBER IS A GOOD DATE, OBJECTIONS?

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
*yawn* CNU don't even know what they up against.
i say we put up 4 of our guys vs all of theirs. only we don't carry the same amount of stocks. we get less.

Top Bottom