• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Travel Plans - A very useful resource!

iLight

Smash Lord
i want housing maybe for college station... yes?

Also ALEX STRIFE - hoster of many tournaments up north is wondering if people from texas want to go to his birthday tournament. Same day as no koast, but some of you may want to go to that if you have the monies lol, i assume a lot of big names will be there maybe, i'd go but has no monies =]

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That's fine Beah. I did a quick search on hotels and found some for like $60 a night. Probably come out to $10 a person a night, same price as Genesis.

I'm not going to book them til after my Cali trip, just in case something comes up.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Light: Depends on how many people are staying with me at the hotel. I want to try and keep it between 6-8. With my carpool and Beah's that adds up to 7. We'll see as it gets closer to hobo19 time.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
DPhat, can I get in your carpool to HOBO?
I'm going to put my name in the Google doc in your carpool. If there are already other plans, my name can always be taken off.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
DPhat, can I get in your carpool to HOBO?
I'm going to put my name in the Google doc in your carpool. If there are already other plans, my name can always be taken off.
Don't put your name in someone's carpool unless they say it's ok first.

You can put it in a separate list "Needs a carpool" until then.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I call a spot in Zac's car too. Dphat says he can't get me.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I went ahead and booked hotels for my carpool and beah's carpool.

Here's the information if you're curious.

Total Cost: $117.48

America's Inn - Houston
1-713-772-3626
8201 SW Freeway Houston, TX 77074
Check-in Time: 10am Oct 2 2009
Check-out Time: 12pm Oct 4 2009

So if you are still ok with carpooling with me and paying your share of the hotel then: send me a TXT, or call me, or PM me.

heytallman

CTALL
Oh shi- that hotel's right near my house. if DPhat ends up staying at DugFinn's, which I think he probably will, I am coming over and hanging out with you guys for a little while, if that's cool. I can't make it to the HOBO, but I wanna see all you guys again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang I can't afford staying at a Hotel.

Dphat let me ride with you.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Alright so we have a carpool problem for hobo 19 and by carpool problems I mean we don't have enough seats for everyone, SO if you know someone that is driving from the dfw area to hobo 19 please make a post and please post if they would have any open seats would help me alot.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
It looks like the carpools are filled, I thought I called a ride with zac after last hobo but it seems i thought wrong, lol? :( I've been trapped in my house from sickness and i don't have internet so i couldn't see all the spots filling up.

Anyways, Mijo and jessica(?)'s names were a different font and i was wondering if that meant they were unsure whether they are going or not, so i'd appreciate it if someone could get back to me on that.

I planned on going/really want to, so any help at all would be awesome, thanks :)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
As Houston Coordinator, I've determined by many formulas and charts that Gnes and I need a carpool from Houston to the Dallas tourney on the 17th.

We have gas money and funny stories.

Anyone from Houston wanna carpool?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
It looks like the carpools are filled, I thought I called a ride with zac after last hobo but it seems i thought wrong, lol? :( I've been trapped in my house from sickness and i don't have internet so i couldn't see all the spots filling up.

Anyways, Mijo and jessica(?)'s names were a different font and i was wondering if that meant they were unsure whether they are going or not, so i'd appreciate it if someone could get back to me on that.

I planned on going/really want to, so any help at all would be awesome, thanks :)
someone find this man a spot! let me know fogo cause i need a teammate ;). If i attend to hobo.........

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Alright I call last spot in Zac's car I guess. I need some money to help pay for the hotel room. Can somebody help me out with that?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
DMG I won't be able to pick you up for Hobo19. My carpool is full. Even if a spot opens up there are enough people asking me for rides out of dallas. Sorry =(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol ok so this is what happened:

1. Dphat tells me that he wants Zac to pick me up this time since I'm his partner instead. So I call a spot in Zac's car.

2. Then I find out that there isn't much housing so Zac is getting hotel rooms. I can't afford the additional expense of a hotel room, so I drop out of Zac's carpool (I'm not gonna ride with him and then say sorry I can't pay my share of the room).

3. I ask Andy about his carpool and it's already full. I come back here to Zac and obviously his is full.

I'm not mad at anybody, however my boner for this tournament/trip is gone.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
For those staying in my hotel room, I added some rules/conditions since we have an overload of people staying in a small room. If you have complaints/concerns shoot me a PM.

Oh and I'm real sorry DMG. Dallas keeps getting more people that want to go. I'm taking the same group I always take to Hobos. I don't know what else I can do.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
For those staying in my hotel room, I added some rules/conditions since we have an overload of people staying in a small room. If you have complaints/concerns shoot me a PM.

Oh and I'm real sorry DMG. Dallas keeps getting more people that want to go. I'm taking the same group I always take to Hobos. I don't know what else I can do.
It's cool, like I said earlier I'm not mad at anyone, and I have no problem with Dallas people getting priority on Dallas Car Spots, I just kinda wish I was informed earlier rather than finding out like... yesterday or so that I don't have a spot in any car lol.

Since I am not going, obviously we can't team. I hope you can find someone on such short notice that isn't already taken.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok two things:

1. I can to to HOBO now. I have a ride. That means I can also team with you Zac.

2. What is the address of the hotel? We were thinking about just staying at the same Hotel that Zac's carpool is going to.

Top Bottom