• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South Texas Values IV

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I probably won't mind either way, so long as you keep me unbored.

Reizilla

Alright, class time. Done trolling for now. Chill out Cloud/Broly/whoever. Don't got anything against anyone or any game. I sat through 2 years of **** talk when I was bad. Take a joke, pl0x.

defsithe

Smash Ace
you pretty much summed it up right there though broly.

brawl = mindgames, spacing, character specifics, air dodges, and match ups. it has tech skill, not on the same level as melee obviously but its still there. this is what makes brawl, brawl

melee = teching, wall teching, wavedash, l-cancel, combos, edgeguarding, crouch cancels. this is what makes melee, melee.

when you think about it, it really just comes down to a players preference. I like brawl bc it seems to me like its more emphasis on you knowing your main inside and out, like theres more character pride. In melee all you need to get down is teching, wavedashing, l-canceling ect and you got the game down, so that means you can pretty much play anyone (even low tier chars) and do pretty awesome. didnt top players in melee like m2k and ken play all the top tier chars? they all played marth, shiek, fox and falco. but hey like i had said before this is all my opinion.

and i can understand your frustration and arguments about brawl and why you enjoy melee better broly. brawl is a little slower and patient at times. and i know you like to play fu**ing aggressive. so, melee with the amount of teching that it has, allows you to do just that. but just bc you dont do as good or recieve the same amount of recognition in brawl as you do im melee doesnt make it a horrible or bad game. thats also another reason why i like brawl better than melee. its cause im just better at playing brawl lol. both games are great, when you think about it, it all just comes down to preference.

just saying <3
melee gots mind games and spacing too. and if you play a lower tier character lots of character specific stuff. you cant just learn tech skill and expect to win, take all necessary tech skills put it into a pikachu and then go fight a marth. you would be lucky to ever touch the marth cuz the swords spacing is too good.

too bad most brawl players dont know what it feels like to zero-death someone, its so good. unless they play ICs but no one here does anymore.

I'll give you $20 to keep trolling Broly.

In all this talk no one is arguing which game is 'harder' or 'easier' to play. What difference does it make if your pushing 1000 buttons per game when it comes down to THE EXACT SAME THING. SPACING AND MINDGAMES.

MvC2 = SSF4 just WAYYYY faster, doesn't make it better

Melee = Brawl just WAYY faster, doesn't make it better

That is what all of this is about. Who gives a siht if its harder to play. To me, that takes away emphasis on the core of what 1v1 games are.
fixed. but i think both MvC2 and Melee are better games than SSFIV and Brawl.

you children stuck in RGV don't understand the true concepts of SMASH

(excluding schlike/magik)
i probably have been farther and more places than you.
If you made me guess, I would say between pre-k 4 and kindergarten.
i lol'ed

there is so much salt in this thread we could make beef jerky or something

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
Former king broly
[/IMG]

New king rei.gun aka taco aka frank
[/IMG]

I'll wreck the most average character.in the game, makes.things easier for me
LOLOLOLOL!!!! Frank your like my favorite person on smashboards right now haha.

But now I have a question. Since broly's like mufasa and your simba.... Does that make broly your daddy? Lol

Reizilla

Broly's always been my daddy ;D

Cloud, what does that make Broly? :awesome:<3

defsithe

Smash Ace
omg every time i click user cp these threads are still there. too many posts

i think i need to go enroll in the geology class to learn about what happens when there is too much salt

Top Bottom