• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry for crashing Smashboards. I'm Zipzo. I played the release build demo of Smash 4. AMA!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
You say the game felt like PM

That's the best news I've heard in awhile.

Can you elaborate more on rolls' viability. And any other "competitive" components to the game? Also, are ledges less magnetic than Brawl?

D

Deleted member 245254

Ahkay.

Do you remember if the additional costumes were black/white (N64) or purple/orange(SNES)? That's what they were arguing about.
Black was there. I don't remember the others. Black one just stood out so much to me it claimed my memory over the others.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
@Zipzo
Two questions:
1. What are Megaman's alt costumes/color swaps?
2. Does Peach still have the Daisy alt?
These have been answered. Daisy is still just a palette swap, not an actual alt. Mega Man did not have any alts, only color changes. They're sprinkled throughout this thread. Blue & yellow, green & yellow, black & yellow, and everything else we saw at E3

Last edited:

mojack

Smash Rookie
Sorry, to bother you once again, I'm still trying to get a better understanding of the Wolf skin file Fox. What makes it seem so certain that Wolf can not be in the game due to this skin
The Wolf "costume" for Fox is unmistakably supposed to be Wolf. In none of Fox's other color changes does his fur change color except for that one. His clothes also change color to the same as Wolf's and he also gains the purple scanner like object that Wolf has. If Wolf actually was in the game then that would cause confusion between the normal Wolf color player and the Wolf "costumed" Fox. They look much too similar.

Last edited:

iRJi

Smash Champion
My main questions are about the ledge mechanics. I also have 1 question about ground game.

1) In brawl, you are able to run off the stage and immediately grab the ledge, but when the E3 release demo came out, you weren't able to do so because when you ran to the ledge, it preformed a jump. Can you run to the ledge and immediately grab it, or does it still jump when you run to the ledge?

2) Does attempting to grab the ledge from your opponent still push your opponent off from the ledge?

3) You mentioned before that pivot tilting is still in the game, which is awesome. I know in the E3 demo, reverse aerial rushing was doable as well. Can you still reverse aerial rush?
Posting it again just in case you missed it =]

MixMasterMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
MixMasterMudkip
3DS FC
5241-2232-9791
Haven't seen it asked once, but what do you know about Wii Fit Trainer? If anything do you know any of her other alts?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sorry, to bother you once again, I'm still trying to get a better understanding of the Wolf skin file Fox. What makes it seem so certain that Wolf can not be in the game due to this skin
He never said he's certain. He posted a picture of Brawl's Wolf and said Fox's colours are literally exactly the same.

Make what you want of that information.

mojack

Smash Rookie

Can you elaborate more on rolls' viability. And any other "competitive" components to the game? Also, are ledges less magnetic than Brawl?
I can't say much about the rolls but as for ledges. Much, MUCH less magnetic than Brawl. This was talked about already earlier in the thread but you have to be much closer to ledges this time in order to snap to them. In fact I'm not sure you can even call it a "snap" anymore.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
How does Olimar feel? Any big nerfs or changes beside his new moves?

Thanks for doing this btw! You're amazing :)

D

Deleted member 245254

Goodness, way less magnetic than Brawl. Our first thought was that the ledge felt like Melee. I managed to catch a tiny snap at one point, but it was tiny. Ledge snap is definitely nerfed, as I've stated before though.

I noticed that some characters have better rolls than others, and some also have interesting traits.

Palutena turns invisible when she rolls. It looks like she's teleporting. Probably going to be pretty nasty for mind games.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I'll try again.
1. Does the game have anti aliasing? Google it if you don't know what it means.
2. Any framerate differences between no 3D and with 3D?
Also; was there a MOTHER stage? As in, from the whole trilogy.

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
I heard that he was going to be locked but I wasn't sure if that was true or not. Also, where is that cutscene from?
No one seems to be sure about the cutscene. Some people said it's the "intro", whatever that means. It features the Japanese pop idols, akb48, as miis. I guess it was played before the demo started. Though that makes no sense, because miis aren't playable at the demo. Can anyone clear this up?

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I have a question about the Final Smashes. Were there ever times that a person was losing so badly that they were given a "pity final smash" like in Brawl?

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
1. The effect it will have on her competitive game play is a bit unknown to me as I do not fully understand the meta for peach and I'm not a pro with turnips. All I can tell you is that, factually, they were really dang slow. The slowness comes after the tug, there's an animation where she cradles the turnip like she's super happy to have pulled it out.

2. They added an actual visual to it's utterly redonkulous hitbox. It's a little "air wave" circle around her. You can tell where the hit box begins. It doesn't knock back like melee, it actually sucks the opponent in and hits them multiple times before shoving them off.

3. No float canceling.

4. That's her new up air. It has an arced hitbox over her head, similar to sonics new up air.
Thank you!

I'm not sure how big of a deal the slower turnip pull is, but I could see it being a factor, definitely. I have a follow-up question though lol... you say the lag comes mainly after the turnip is pulled? Did you happen to notice if she got hit during this time, would she keep the turnip? May be difficult to answer, it's fine if you don't know.

The down smash is interesting; I think I like it if it actually sucks people in. I loved it in Melee but even I'll admit it was too powerful there haha... if the ridiculous knockback is gone it'd be nice for the move to reliably connect with multiple hits.

And the rainbow is the up air? Interesting. Depending on how fast it executes I could easily see it being an improvement over her old uair.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'll try again.
1. Does the game have anti aliasing? Google it if you don't know what it means.
2. Any framerate differences between no 3D and with 3D?
Also; was there a MOTHER stage? As in, from the whole trilogy.
The frame rate was GORGEOUS 3D on or not.

Such a beautiful game. I also want to say it's much better appreciated on the larger 3DS. It's actually kinda hard to even see your character on the regular 3DS, I was a bit disappointed by that, although I have a larger 3DS, I'm a little concerned for how regular 3DS users will feel about the game when they see that their screen makes them a bit tiny.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
At least this game is somewhat inbetween Melee and Brawl which sounds interesting. Man is this tghread exploding with viewers.

Player-1

Smash Legend
repost:
You mentioned that Diddy only gets 1 banana and if you try to pull out another that it disappears. Does that mean if your opponent gets control of the banana or has it in their hand if you try to pull another one then will it disappear from your opponent and you will spawn a new one next to you?

If Little Mac has the pink hoodie alt costume does his intro take off the pink hoodie to reveal another pink hoodie?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Hello, really quick question. Did you see Mewtwo? Is he a Lucario alt? Is the roster complete or not yet?
The only characters playable in the build are the ones that have been announced except for miis and Lucina.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I know it's a bit off topic, but was smash run there too?
If so did you play it?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
How much has Meta Knight changed from Brawl? Also i apologize for asking this for the third time but does Kirby fully copy Shulk's neutral special? ( I've been waiting for an answer forever )

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Does Kirby have a Shadow Kirby alt? Curious...

also have you seen Dedede's Final Smash? I know it's been changed to something involving a bomb but how does it work in action?

Thanks if you're able to answer.

Last edited:

SuperWiiUBros

Smash Rookie
Sorry to bother you, but could you possibly elaborate on Fierce Deity Link's tunic? Is it different from his original design?

Last edited:

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Is there a white Yoshi costume?
And do you remember the Meta Knight alts?
Is Dry Bowser playable?
Thank you very much :)

Last edited:

mojack

Smash Rookie
I have a question about the Final Smashes. Were there ever times that a person was losing so badly that they were given a "pity final smash" like in Brawl?
No, I for one never noticed anyone ever get a "pity smash". However, the rounds also were only 2 minutes wrong and no one was ever losing considerably badly so it may be possible that "pity smashes" still exist.

Hello, really quick question. Did you see Mewtwo? Is he a Lucario alt? Is the roster complete or not yet?
Mewtwo was not in the roster. If I recall Lucario alts were simply palette swaps.

I know it's a bit off topic, but was smash run there too?
If so did you play it?
Smash Run was indeed in this build. I saw someone playing it at the single player booth. However, I did not play it myself nor do I think any of us did. Looked fun from afar though.

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
How is Samus? I've heard from people playing the E3 build that she is awful, and other people have said she's is greatly improved. As a samus main, I'm indeed very curious.

No one seems to ask about fox either. I hear he has been given some interesting changes? He can jump out of his side B? What are your overall impressions of him.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think my question was skipped.
Does Greninja have a Zair? Does Dark Meta Knight have his scar? Does the announcer use different names for the Dark Meta Knight, Galacta Knight and purple Charizard alts?
Why would a purple :4charizard: have a different name?

Top Bottom