• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dude, I don't understand your logic. You want Mewtwo to stay out cause he's 'badly designed' but Sonic needs to return and be improved, cause he was badly designed..?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A lot of people have been talking about Sonic having Shadow, Silever or Knuckles as alt costumes but I thik If sonic has an Alt costume it should be Classic Sonic. That way there's more room for DLC characters

the_savior21

Smash Rookie
I like most of his moves. One thing that i think would be cool is instead of his Up+B being the classic spring, Tails comes (assuming he doesnt make the cut for SSB4) and flys sonic kinda like snake in SSBB.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think his Side B should be replaced by his Speed Boost from the Modern Games and his B-Down gets the best elements of his old Side and Down. And make his Homing attack actually home.

x kharmah x

Smash Cadet
first of all i think that sonic should stay and have some of his moves redone and add shadow the hedgehog and not just make him a sonic clone and share the same final smash

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
first of all i think that sonic should stay and have some of his moves redone and add shadow the hedgehog and not just make him a sonic clone and share the same final smash
Add Tails before Shadow, and this is a Sonic support thread. If you want Shadow, go post in the Shadow support thread.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
I don't...think there is a Shadow Support thread...

OK, That Sucks. I would make one, buuuut....

...As Much as I would love to see Shadow in the next Smash, I think Tails and Eggman have more of a shot at making the roster. Well, Eggman as a boss, anyway....I can totally imagine him as a boss. :awesome:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

...As Much as I would love to see Shadow in the next Smash, I think Tails and Eggman have more of a shot at making the roster. Well, Eggman as a boss, anyway....I can totally imagine him as a boss. :awesome:
You can always make a support thread (but make sure it already exists! Check the stickies.), even if you think other characters have a chance. Support threads are about wanting characters and not expecting characters.

If you make a pros and cons section, you can add the fact that Tails and Eggman have better chances than Shadow. Something favoring him is his appearance as an AT in Brawl.

Regarding Sonic, I think his moveset could be revamped, especially when you consider that his Side Special and Down Special are basically the same.

Though they added some moves from a Sonic fighting game (Sonic the Fighters), I think some moves could be borrowed from Sonic Battle.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Well, yeah, but I just think that his Smash is a little too...eh...pretty? I don't know.

All I know is that I love kicking people's a$$es with Super Sonic! XD

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Sonic returns, I wouldn't be surprised if Super Sonic was nerfed. That move was overpowered compared to other Final Smashes.

x kharmah x

Smash Cadet

i agree his up special can be is flying move because he would get tired his side special can be a ring bomb (but it explodes on impact much like links bomb) down B can be like a spin dash (but it dosent last as long as sonic's) regular special i dont really have a move for this one but if anyone has an idea comment and his final smash can be him jumping into the tornado fly into the background of the stage and a target marker and shoot at people (or be like fox landmaster tank)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
D

Deleted member

Only Eggman and his fiendish good looks.

(I need to stop being lazy and make the damn thread already...)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But it's a final Smash, it can be overpowered.
But it was too overpowered compared to other Final Smashes. The chances of landing a kill should be equal for all Final Smashes.

EDIT: lol, ninja'd nearly word for word and even formatting... :laugh:

volbound1700

Smash Master

There is a general thread for a second Sonic Character to be in Smash and most of the discussion about Shadow has been in that thread.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Considering Nintendo has a partnership with Sega for 3 Sonic games, I think his chances are pretty high. Good--I'd like to see a far more balanced blue dood with less startup lag and more speed to his weaker attacks.

EDIT: And another thing--I believe his tepid rankings on polls is more out of "of course he'll be back" rather than any dislike. Tables would be flipped if Sakurai kicked him out.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Considering Nintendo has a partnership with Sega for 3 Sonic games, I think his chances are pretty high. Good--I'd like to see a far more balanced blue dood with less startup lag and more speed to his weaker attacks.

EDIT: And another thing--I believe his tepid rankings on polls is more out of "of course he'll be back" rather than any dislike. Tables would be flipped if Sakurai kicked him out.

Yeah, Mario and Pikachu do terrible on polls for favorite Smash characters but if you took them out, all hell would break loose.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If Super Sonic remains Sonic's final smash, you can rest assured that it'll be mostly unchanged. :applejack:

volbound1700

Smash Master
His FE is so overpowered to make up for his weakness as a character. He isn't the worse Brawl Character but his lack of damage and KO ability hurts him against some of the higher tier characters.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
His moveset was alright to me. But this is how I'd re-assign his special moves:

B: Homing Attack (Faster + straight line)
Bup: Lightning Shield jump (could work like a split second reflector that spins characters around due to magnetism)
Btilt: Flame Shield dash (damaging move, similar to Falcon Kick, but it's just horizontal, and affected by gravity)
Bdown: Spindash (on ground) Bubble Shield bounce (on air)

Final Smash: Super Sonic is ok. Maybe nerf it a little bit.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
If Sonic returns, I wouldn't be surprised if Super Sonic was nerfed. That move was overpowered compared to other Final Smashes.

Or just replace it with something new like the transformation into the werehog from Sonic Unleashed. When Sonic became the werehog, he was more skilled in combat which could play a good role in the new Smash Bros

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
He must return. SSB4 will be amazing as the ultimate battle of mascots. Bring Pac-Man to the party

volbound1700

Smash Master
Any news about Sonic for Smash? I wonder if they will show something about him when SEGA does their E3?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Any news about Sonic for Smash? I wonder if they will show something about him when SEGA does their E3?
Maybe the old 3rd parties will be kept hidden until the game's release, given that they aren't news anymore, unlike Mega Man. Just a guess though, I'd still say unveiling Sonic and Snake before hand might be a wise move, to avoid panic and still get the hype going.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Sega and Nintendo are practically best friends now. Sonic isn't going anywhere. Can't say the same for Snake.....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
With Mario and Sonic Olyimpics, Lost Worlds and that mystery 3rd Sonic game, I highly doubt Sonic is being cut. I can care less for Snake.

Manny

Smash Cadet

The fact that we're talking about Shadow being in the game is just bleh to me. hes not even the best supporting character. The only reason I can see Shadow being added in the game is because Shadow has his own game. Notice how Sonic has that Sonic insignia? In Shadow The Hedgehog, I'm pretty sure Shadow's insignia would be this.

http://info.sonicretro.org/images/thumb/5/5b/BlackArmsInsignia.png/300px-BlackArmsInsignia.png

But lets not get our hopes because I strongly doubt Shadow will be in the game. Sonic already is fighting to not get removed from the next smash, I strongly doubt they'll add Tails/Shadow and all of that.

Also, if anything were to change for Sonic I'd want his down Smash to be Sonic Flare or a similar break dance move to Mario. His Nair to have a bigger and faster hit box. Everything else, its good :p

volbound1700

Smash Master
After Sakurai's comments about Namco not getting special treatment, I do believe now that he tries to give all third parties equal treatment so basically their won't be a 2nd character from Sonic or SEGA in general. I am hoping Sonic is back at this point. There will be a lot of backlash if he isn't.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Personally I'd rather have Knuckles than Shadow. Shadow would be a clone of Sonic...similar move set and style. Knuckles would have his own thing going on. Imagine how fun his glide would be recovering. You'd glide into the edge of the stage then climb up. Knuckles was MADE for smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A 2nd Sonic rep is not happening, but I'd take Eggman over the rest any day.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
A 2nd Sonic rep is not happening, but I'd take Eggman over the rest any day.

Absolutely. I want the characters to be added in rank of importance to the series, and for most franchises that means the good guy followed by the bad guy.

... and no more hedghogs except as alternate costume references.

... heck, *I* think Sonic should just not make anymore characters until they include a damned pangolin.
"Oh hi, I'm an animal that literally fights things by curling up in a ball. Just minding my own business, not waiting for SEGA or anything..."​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom