• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Fairly certain sonic will be back, as they haven't announced the third game that sonic will be in Nintendo's command in their 3 game deal. probably smash.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
If Sonic does come back then we should totally have Eggman as a Boss in the campaign mode! I'd like to see Megaman and Sonic work together in the campaign since they're both getting a crossover in the comics lol

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh god...most of Sonic's moves should change when we talk about B moves...but please don't change the single most-awesome FS in the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I must be the only one who wants Sonic's moveset the stay the way it was.
For the most part, I mean. The only thing I'd want changed is Homing Attack.

I just want the moves themselves to be a tad faster. :applejack:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think Sonic is likely to stay. Given his reception and popularity. Not to mention, he is very fitting with the rest of the cast. But I feel his one B attacks need to be changed a bit. Either the Side-B or the Down-B, as they are pretty similar to each other.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Im kinda lost here, where on Earth has Sonic's reception been positive?

I'm not talking about his moveset in particular. I know some people were dissapointed with his moveset. But a lot people were very, very happy with him being included into Brawl. So his reception for being playable at all was what the positive reception cam from. Sorry for the confusion.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I'm not talking about his moveset in particular. I know some people were dissapointed with his moveset. But a lot people were very, very happy with him being included into Brawl. So his reception for being playable at all was what the positive reception cam from. Sorry for the confusion.

Im not talking about his moveset really, I havnt really met anyone who believed that his inclusion in brawl was needed/a success.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Being the major Sonic fanboy I am [don't worry I distance myself from the terrible part of this fanbase (read the sonic one) at all times possible >.>] I would REALLY love to see him come back. Maybe with some changed up B moves and a possible meteor smash? The Sonic Eagle from Sonic Battle would work nicely. It's a swift mid-air downward kick.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Im not talking about his moveset really, I havnt really met anyone who believed that his inclusion in brawl was needed/a success.

Really? I've come across the opposite. Most people I ask seem to like him being added.

Zenokidz

Smash Cadet
NNID
Narukami
3DS FC
1091-8486-9344

I would like to see how his playstyle would pan out if all his moves were a tad bit faster if kept the same. It'd be cool to see what would be possible!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He'd be able to punish more consistently and accurately.
Just a much stronger, option-oriented character than he already was. Which is all I really want.

:applejack:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If there's something about SSB4 I take for granted is that if Sonic doesn't return, the ****storm will be immense.

The Sonic fanbase hasn't exactly got a good reputation, you know.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace

Why do you want Homing Attack to change? It makes sense as a move and it is unique. I hope they make it better this time around though.

I'd rather his side/down special be changed, so that he only has one spin dash.

Sinn

Smash Lord
If Sonic does come back then we should totally have Eggman as a Boss in the campaign mode! I'd like to see Megaman and Sonic work together in the campaign since they're both getting a crossover in the comics lol
Dude, even Wily and Eggman working together would be awesome, what with both of them building robots and machines. Of course, that's if they don't kill each other in the process.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
if sonic moveset just gets a tad faster ill be fine with that but i personally would like just as many others do for sonic to gain the eagle kick from sonic battle and for either his side b to be changed to the light dash or that new energy kick he does in lost world.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That moveset is only as good as it is because it's on a Melee-emulated set of physics.
Slap that same moveset into a Brawl environment and half of the reasons why it's so good are suddenly invalidated. :applejack:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
That moveset is only as good as it is because it's on a Melee-emulated set of physics.
Slap that same moveset into a Brawl environment and half of the reasons why it's so good are suddenly invalidated.

Slap any of the movesets into a Brawl environment and they suck, what's your point?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Slap any of the movesets into a Brawl environment and they suck, what's your point?
Think of it like this. An attack that could easily KO things in Melee would have a hard time KOing things in Brawl. Sonic's biggest problem is not just the lack of an actual projectile, but also because of his lack of strong attacks that can score easy KOs.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Think of it like this. An attack that could easily KO things in Melee would have a hard time KOing things in Brawl. Sonic's biggest problem is not just the lack of an actual projectile, but also because of his lack of strong attacks that can score easy KOs.

Gonna have to be more specific, I don't see how that applies to this debate. He actually has an easier time in Project:M.

Also why is your text so small? It's so hard to read.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Fairly certain sonic will be back, as they haven't announced the third game that sonic will be in Nintendo's command in their 3 game deal. probably smash.
No, the 3 game deal was actual Sonic games, not Sonic cameo/participation in Nintendo games.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Oh god...most of Sonic's moves should change when we talk about B moves...but please don't change the single most-awesome FS in the game.
Sonic's Final Smash absolutely needs to be reworked. It's OP to the point where it's unfair to just about every other character, and a slap in the face to Pikachu in particular.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wonder, with Mega Man being given the whole "classic" treatment with his look, if Sonic will get his classic look that's also present in Generations. I personally would prefer it, I think it'd blend in really well with the visual style of SSB4.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I wonder, with Mega Man being given the whole "classic" treatment with his look, if Sonic will get his classic look that's also present in Generations. I personally would prefer it, I think it'd blend in really well with the visual style of SSB4.
Perhaps...then again, the first Sonic game released on a Nintendo system was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, wasn't it? If we're talking about classic from a Nintendo standpoint, the more modern Sonic sortta fits the bill.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic's Final Smash absolutely needs to be reworked. It's OP to the point where it's unfair to just about every other character, and a slap in the face to Pikachu in particular.
I think you're missing the point of Final Smashes. :applejack:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I think you're missing the point of Final Smashes. :applejack:
Most Final Smashes can kill 1-3 characters once, and that's if you're lucky. Sonic's can easily wipe the entire field twice and requires almost no effort on the part of the player. It's way, way too strong.

No Final Smash should be able to kill a player twice in one go, and the fact that Sonic can so easily wipe the entire field twice is really just awful when you look at many characters who struggle to get more than one kill out of their Final Smash.

I know most of you guys probably really like it, and that's understandable, but I'm sorry, it's just way too overpowered a move to stay. Look at Pikachu's Final Smash and tell me that Sonic's Final Smash is fair to the rest of the cast. It's pretty much a straight upgrade over that one alone, to say nothing of all the Final Smashes that will only get more than 1 kill if you are extremely clever or lucky.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I really think you're missing the point. :applejack:
Yes, yes, Final Smashes are stupid overpowered flashy moves to kill bunches of characters. Doesn't mean that they shouldn't be at least somewhat balanced relative to one another. If Sonic was literally the worst character in the game by a gap of about four non-existent tiers maybe his Final Smash could be justifiable, but he's not.

If Sonic's is going to stay that strong, all of the other Final Smashes need to get amped way up. Personally, I'd like to see his Final Smash just get cut in duration. That way it's still really good and fun, but you aren't going to kill anybody twice; no Final Smash should be capable of that, and if one is, it should be very difficult to control.

Linkz973

Smash Rookie
I am going to lean toward Sonic not returning. Instead maybe Pac Man and Megaman as guest characters.

If Sonic does return, how about making sure that half his moves are not turning into a ball. Two nearly identical specials just seems embarrassing.
BLASPHEMY

volbound1700

Smash Master
I read the recent Sakurai comments and it made me more comfortable with Sonic returning.

Sakurai stated that what made him consider Megaman is his uniqueness moveset wise that is not in Nintendo and that he was 2nd after Sonic in popularity poll. Sonic also has a unique move-set.

Sakurai also stated in article how he doesn't like to cut and he knows people get attached to the characters, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom