• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963
Merged: Use the "Edit" feature to avoid double posts!
I want to see newcomers as that's more exciting, imo. Like, I'd rather see Klonoa, Banjo, or other franchises instead of seeing old characters return or getting additional reps for the third parties that already made their way into the series, but maybe that's just me.

I currently hate the common bandwagon choices. Snake, King K. Rool, Shovel Knight... Just stop. I'd rather see Rayman.

:093:
I'm okay with K Rool but can't stand Snake and don't care for Shovel Knight. The only veterans I'm wasting votes on are Squirtle and Ivysaur because they were the most unique and shouldn't have been cut. Plus, additional Sonic reps could be total newcomers that are completely new. Shadow could be based around chaos powers (if he's assist ttrophyu then I vote to get him in the next game).

Also if we're still posting music and can post non video game music, here's an awesome album I've been listening to lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=297ODuQBmyU

Last edited by a moderator:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Pac and Mac got hurt kinda hard in the last patch. :applejack:
I know Mac's aerial Side-B got nerfed as a recovery option, which was totally unnecessary. What did they change with Pac? I can't remember.
I'm okay with K Rool but can't stand Snake and don't care for Shovel Knight. The only veterans I'm wasting votes on are Squirtle and Ivysaur because they were the most unique and shouldn't have been cut. Plus, additional Sonic reps could be total newcomers that are completely new. Shadow could be based around chaos powers (if he's assist ttrophyu then I vote to get him in the next game).
K Rool just hasn't been relevant in forever and I still think his design is underwhelming. Maybe a revamp could be cool but why do so many people care?

I just never really felt like Snake belonged in Smash, and now I just have distaste for him with how jank he was in Brawl.

We all know that if Shadow got added he'd just be a clone… Dark Sonic.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I know Mac's aerial Side-B got nerfed as a recovery option, which was totally unnecessary.
Unnecessary, but hilarious.

No thanks. Back in brawl days I though the best other sonic rep would be eggman, who I envisaged to be basically what Junior is now in a machine and such.

I doubt there's a page in this thread that doesn't have sonic music in. Its always music time.

:141:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I know Mac's aerial Side-B got nerfed as a recovery option, which was totally unnecessary. What did they change with Pac? I can't remember.

K Rool just hasn't been relevant in forever and I still think his design is underwhelming. Maybe a revamp could be cool but why do so many people care?

I just never really felt like Snake belonged in Smash, and now I just have distaste for him with how jank he was in Brawl.

Snake was dabess.
Dealt with a lot of bs in the game, smash 4 neeeeds him to deal with the bs characters in this game. His jank was great ;p he was also the scrub sniff test: bad players (i.e bad fundamentals, rollers, spammers, etc) had absolutely no clue how to fight him and were sooo easy to destroy with the way he worked.
On top of that he could turn into a racecar anndddd was extremely fun to play?

Sold.

I miss having a character like that, now I have to work 10x harder then I should to body bad people x; (more of the games fault though tbh)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
No thanks. Back in brawl days I though the best other sonic rep would be eggman, who I envisaged to be basically what Junior is now in a machine and such.

:141:
Dude, right? I saw BJ and I was like, "Oh, if Eggman were ever added…"
Snake was dabess.
Dealt with a lot of bs in the game, smash 4 neeeeds him to deal with the bs characters in this game. His jank was great ;p he was also the scrub sniff test: bad players (i.e bad fundamentals, rollers, spammers, etc) had absolutely no clue how to fight him and were sooo easy to destroy with the way he worked.
On top of that he could turn into a racecar anndddd was extremely fun to play?

Sold.

I miss having a character like that, now I have to work 10x harder then I should to body bad people x; (more of the games fault though tbh)
Doesn't die before 200%… Kills as early as 90%… Can recover from anywhere… World's jankiest, most over-powered hitboxes and KO power… Ridiculous stage control and presence…

Yeah, of course he was extremely fun to play…

He can DACUS to his grave.

YoYoFantaFanta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoyofantafanta
3DS FC
4914-3889-8963

I heard someone say that nerfing Mac's side b distance in the air gave him a reliable aerial attack. I don't remember what they said really. Also, Shadow could have side b be chaos spears, up b be chaos control teleport, down b be chaos blast, neutral b be a homing attack that end in that multi hit attack like in Sonic 06.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also, Shadow could have side b be chaos spears, up b be chaos control teleport, down b be chaos blast, neutral b be a homing attack that end in that multi hit attack like in Sonic 06.
He could.

But they probably wouldn't.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
How legit would it be to have Metal Sonic as a Sonic alt, with new sounds and effects, while retaining the exact same frame data and hitboxes as Sonic?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd even be fine if they did something like that with Shadow… Although it would be kind of funny seeing Shadow perform some of Sonic's actions since their personalities are different.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
There is no way shadow would ever get a unique move set. I think knuckles probably has the best potential behind eggman. Up B an unlimited glide, a little hop then a very slowly descending glide which you can change direction of, pushes people back with him even if they shield. Down b a digging and reappearing move, like shadow sneak kinda, with the reappearing being a good ko move. Neutral b a bit like macs but less bad, and with Martha's shield breaking properties. Side b I don't know, maybe an emerald toss projectile, but he's sounding a bit OP.

But I don't think any additional sonic rep, which I doubt would ever be a thing, would be any different from sonic aside from different coloured spins. They wouldn't put that amount of effort into a 3rd party franchise. Best off hoping for a new franchise entirely. Don't really like the character, but I think they could make rayman a pretty interesting character, and is somewhat less obscure or straight up obsolete than some of the **** I see some people champion.

:165:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh dear god. Are we seriously talking about Shadow becoming a playable character?

I don't care whether or not he would be unique. I would not pay for a Nintendo all-star game that has multiple representatives for guest star franchises.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dude, right? I saw BJ and I was like, "Oh, if Eggman were ever added…"

Doesn't die before 200%… Kills as early as 90%… Can recover from anywhere… World's jankiest, most over-powered hitboxes and KO power… Ridiculous stage control and presence…

Yeah, of course he was extremely fun to play…

He can DACUS to his grave.

He also had a frame 1 move that did 9% that he could perfect shield through upon exploding.

Pac lost massive cooldown on his usmash. It was generally pretty safe on aerial opponents. Now it's just a large target. It's a very big deal. :applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Pac lost massive cooldown on his usmash. It was generally pretty safe on aerial opponents. Now it's just a large target. It's a very big deal. :applejack:
That's right! I totally remember that now. Man, his Usmash was so cool(down) before. Man...

New Age Retro Hippie

Smash Cadet
NNID
dankmemez
Hello friends!! I'm learning Sonic in Smash 4. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm aiming to be the best bushpig in my region, and then grace the rest of the nation with glorious purple undercuts. It's infectious!

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I voted for Ray MK III. Mostly because he looks like a gundam and has several moves to chooses from. I think he is cool.

Also I feel like he isn't on everyone's request list and so want to be cool and original.

Next ballot will be Pico.

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Some people are claiming that there's near null chances of characters that are present as assist trophies to become playable characters. So Shadow (and Ashley, Walluigi, etc) aren't options. Wonder if it's true.

But if there's gonna be another Sonic character it really should be Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik before Shadow.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Some people are claiming that there's near null chances of characters that are present as assist trophies to become playable characters. So Shadow (and Ashley, Walluigi, etc) aren't options. Wonder if it's true.

But if there's gonna be another Sonic character it really should be Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik before Shadow.
Some will argue they can just remove the Assist Trophy if they're promoted. But for the most part I do think Assist Trophies becoming Playable chances are null and void. It took a whole new game just for Little Mac to get promoted between Brawl and Smash 4. So even the one promoted Assist Trophy in the series had some trouble. Mac probably would of remained an Assist Trophy if it weren't for Punch-Out!! Wii. And an Assist Trophy being promoted to playable in the same exact game that they were an assist trophy originally? That feels like a stretch.

But yeah, if there's any shot of a 2nd Sonic rep DLC it should be another of the Classic Trio or if they could manage it Eggman. (Tails or Knuckles would probably be easier though, You could Semi-Clone them off Sonic by having them keep Spin Dash and/or Homing Attack and just making them have slightly different properties. I'd prefer Tails myself just for being in the series slightly longer then Knuckles as well as being Sonic's own Luigi. Who wouldn't love a doubles battle between Mario & Luigi and Sonic & Tails?)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
But yeah, if there's any shot of a 2nd Sonic rep DLC it should be another of the Classic Trio or if they could manage it Eggman. (Tails or Knuckles would probably be easier though, You could Semi-Clone them off Sonic by having them keep Spin Dash and/or Homing Attack and just making them have slightly different properties
Tails and Knuckles can't homing attack, though.

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Merged: please understand

Tails would be awkward but Knuckles could fly the way he does towards the enemy with his fists in front.

The characters I’d like to see not just because I like them but because I think they could have really fun and original moveset are:

- Banjo-Kazooie: after seeing the Duck Hunt Duo I immediately thought B-K should be there instead from the beginning. The idea of having the Duck and the hunting Dog as the same character doesn’t even make sense to me… That’s like having Sylvester with Tweety or Coyote and Roadrunner. UpB would be exactly the same as the DHD unless it actually happens in the B-K game. Kazooie could throw the eggs, Jiggy could be a special, honeycombs as projectiles, using his banjo as F-Smash, so many things.

- Dr. Robotnik: as Camalange as mentioned before (and as I have elsewhere with pictures http://smashboards.com/threads/tópico-para-falar-de-tudo-e-de-nada.360703/page-10#post-18881677) Robotnik could also be there instead (or as a semi-clone) of Bowser Jr.. With similar gamestyle, with plenty of options for moves. Even if copying BJ, Missiles from the ship instead of cannonball, throw a random Badnik instead of the mecha thing, turn into the Drill Car instead of the kart thing, etc etc oh and he could summon Omega or Metal Sonic in a similar fashion as Zelda summons the Knight.

- Young Link from MM: The game has too many links already, I know. But I imagine him as Shulk, but instead of monado arts he carries different masks that give him different abilities.

- Goemon: Such a cool character, with so many possible moves for a fast playstyle. But there’s already a ninja, right? And no one knows him? Yeah, like everybody knew who Shulk, ROB or the entire cast of Fire Emblem were J

Bonus:

- Bomberman: somehow I feel like he belongs in a game like this but to be honest I can’t see what other original moves he would have other than throwing bombs….

Last edited by a moderator:

BrokenFiend

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see Shadow join in, simply due to the fact he seems to have more "martial arts" skills in most games than Sonic and would therefor make a lot more sense.

Though if it comes down to wanting to see other characters, don't smack me in the face please, I voted for Sora from Kingdom Hearts. There ain't NO WAY he's getting into the game, but one can dream.

Also this topic makes no sense to me, but I like the random discussions :D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also this topic makes no sense to me, but I like the random discussions :D
I like your avatar, lmao.

Also, this seems to be your first post. Thank you for choosing the Sonic Social ;)

SonicMario

Smash Master

In Sonic Heroes they could :V Even if that was just one game.

But that why I was said and/or. In all reality, Spin Dash should really be the only Special attack they share.

Also I'd figure their core differences aside from the other special moves beyond Spin Dash is that they're both slightly slower then Sonic (Like maybe faster then Little Mac but maybe still below or at the same speed of Captain Falcon).

Tails would have less KO Power but in exchange better recovery options (Thanks to his namesake) and possibly great at edge guarding.

While of course Knuckles (Which I think Project M is kinda doing later) is just making him kinda like the equivalent of Ganondorf in relation to Captain Falcon, as Knuckles is to Sonic. He probably wouldn't have a dramatic change of speed like Ganon compared to Falcon, but he definitely has more KO Power. Just that aside from his glide would have a rather weaker recovery.

BrokenFiend

Smash Rookie
Tails would have less KO Power but in exchange better recovery options (Thanks to his namesake) and possibly great at edge guarding.
I think Tails should be a bit more on the technical side, like Snake in Brawl for example. He could use his fake ring bombs and perhaps his Tornado / Mech from Sonic Adventure 2 as his final smash.

BrokenFiend

Smash Rookie
You may not want to then. There are quite mixed feelings about it here…

Understandably so: Amazing Soundtrack, great visuals, almost broken controls, ah, lovely game.
But hey, I enjoy Sonic 06, so consider me from the bizarro universe I guess lol

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Enjoy, Sonic and 06 should never be in a sentence together. Unless its 'I really enjoyed breaking my Sonic 06 disc in half'. Which I did.

SonicMario

Smash Master
When the Mario Kart update comes around on the 23rd I am sooooo using the Sonic Mii costume from now on. I'm so hyped for that, it will automatically replace my longtime Mario Kart main since MK64. Which was Luigi, hehe. (Not that Mains really matter in Mario Kart in comparison to Smash :V Though I suppose I kinda sorta went with the same thing from Brawl when I had Pikachu in both SSB64 and Melee prior to Sonic. Even if a Mii Costume in Mario Kart definitely doesn't compare to Sonic himself getting in Smash. Probably one of the biggest reason Sonic himself probably isn't ever going a guest like Link in Mario Kart because he has his own Kart racing games via Sega All-Stars heck they were going to have Mario as a Wii U Exclusive character for that game but decided against it)

200cc will of course make that even better

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yo.

Sonic 3D Blast is my guilty pleasure.

It's like, just the right kind of bad that I enjoy conquering it.

Top Bottom