• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Thats mainly the issue. Peoole perceive the characters traits as broken yet i dont see people complaining about mega man who's pellets allow him to continuously bombarde opponents with a projectile from a distance. Atleast sonic is always going to approach you thus he essentially is always putting himself at risk and has to due to a lack of a normal projectile.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
I swear to god, if they nerf Greninja again too, I'm officially calling Sakurai an idiot. Period.
I find that another patch this early in the meta was a bad idea from start anyway, and some changes in the last one were totally uncalled for (making Mac's sideb recovery even worse? Nerfing DDD gordos? What the?).

If my 3 blue boys :4greninja::4sonic::4megaman: are gonna get hit hard, I guess I should make it last before next Wednesday. ..

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's what happens when Smash enters the DLC and patch era...

People just want to cry nerf when Smash was founded in grassroots where we all just adapted to what we had.

Sonic by far has the most misconceptions out of any character. People think he's good for all the wrong reasons. It's sickening. I wish I could ban every person that comes into this board spewing bull**** that they know literally nothing about.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I do have quite the repertoire.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Genuinely don't think Sonic will get any changes at all. Maybe its just me being hopeful.

Consider if the only changes were patching BSBS and ASCSC returning. <3

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
After reading some more of this thread and playing more Sonic, I think I've come to a new conclusion.

People complaining about Sonic just need to git gud.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Genuinely don't think Sonic will get any changes at all. Maybe its just me being hopeful.
I'm not getting my hopes up for daddy Sakurai to stomp them out.

Just keep Bthrow in your prayers.

ASCSC would make Sonic so busted now. It'd be a beautiful, savage thing.
After reading some more of this thread and playing more Sonic, I think I've come to a new conclusion.

Welcome aboard.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

I agree with this so much.
Also, hey guys! Im a fellow Sonic main c:
Going to main Mewtwo alongside him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I agree with this so much.
Also, hey guys! Im a fellow Sonic main c:
Going to main Mewtwo alongside him.
Welcome, but don't you know that Mewtwo will be our sworn enemy when this patch is released?
Can't get this song out of my head:

:227:
How far into the game are you?

The music only gets better.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

Zone 4, but, due to my noobness I had no idea how to choose the different characters so I started with the default Sonic + Tails. Once I figured out how to choose the other characters though I started the game again with Knuckles and I got to Zone 4 again with him.

:227:

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Welcome, but don't you know that Mewtwo will be our sworn enemy when this patch is released?

I heard. NOW I DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SONIC DITTOS IN TOURNEY

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Mewtwo? Sworn enemy?

Maybe gathering intel on it from the other side will help us better...deal with it. :teemo: I believe future hybrid mains such as Tonic and I can be of assistance.

Even though there's probably going to be a crapton of MU data that's higher quality than what I could do, anyway.

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace

That would quite possibly make Sonic SSS tier..

Yeah, not in a million years..

Here's what I'm expecting:

• More delay on:
    • FSmash;
    • Spring;
  • Less knockback on:
    • FSmash
    • USmash;
    • Bthrow;
  • Less damage on:
    • FSmash;
    • Bair;
    • Spin moves (because, you know, if they try to change ONE of them, they'll end up changing EVERY SINGLE ONE of them);
  • Reduced backwards mobility on HA on shield.
  • Increased upwards range for Utilt :troll:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
  • More delay on:
    • FSmash;
    • Spring;
  • Less knockback on:
    • FSmash
    • USmash;
    • Bthrow;
  • Less damage on:
    • FSmash;
    • Bair;
    • Spin moves (because, you know, if they try to change ONE of them, they'll end up changing EVERY SINGLE ONE of them);
**** yo, I'm not expecting anything that harsh >_> Fsmash already got nerfed once… I didn't even consider making HA less safe on shield. Man. That'd make it such ass, haha.

Also, this is the song I used in my new video so it's currently my jam.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Well, at least that way I won't be disappointed. :sonic:

I've been listening to some SoR2 music lately.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That would quite possibly make Sonic SSS tier..

Yeah, not in a million years..

Here's what I'm expecting:

• More delay on:
    • FSmash;
    • Spring;
  • Less knockback on:
    • FSmash
    • USmash;
    • Bthrow;
  • Less damage on:
    • FSmash;
    • Bair;
That sounds really harsh, not sure it'd come to that. Hadn't thought about spring nerfs though that's an interesting thought. Don't think I would mind a bair nerf cos it sucks now its been nerfed from a boxobair. Bthrow ain't a deal breaker for me either, the characters I generally have trouble killing, think ROB and D3, have decent enough recoveries for me not to be able to gimp them, and they won't be dying til kinda 150%+ from bthrow on a FDish stage even fresh. Usually rely on vertical KOs for them. Everyone else is manageable enough to kill. My main worry would be reducing the damage of spin related stuff, or janking with grab range.

On a related note my amiibo is so cute to watch, grabbing, usually missing, relentlessly with very little else <3

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAvaUZOqXc

I like this song too much when I know I shouldn't be lol. :s
Hehe, Pumpkin Hill is definitely the best out of the Knuckles raps. They're cheesy but it's the type of cheese I enjoy anyway. Sonic is a very cheesy series at times. But I feel most of it is part of the charm. Only point I felt it got too cheesy was Sonic Heroes. The cutscenes and dialouge in that game was a bit much xP

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
That sounds really harsh, not sure it'd come to that. Hadn't thought about spring nerfs though that's an interesting thought. Don't think I would mind a bair nerf cos it sucks now its been nerfed from a boxobair. Bthrow ain't a deal breaker for me either, the characters I generally have trouble killing, think ROB and D3, have decent enough recoveries for me not to be able to gimp them, and they won't be dying til kinda 150%+ from bthrow on a FDish stage even fresh. Usually rely on vertical KOs for them. Everyone else is manageable enough to kill. My main worry would be reducing the damage of spin related stuff, or janking with grab range.

On a related note my amiibo is so cute to watch, grabbing, usually missing, relentlessly with very little else <3

omg grab range, that's another nerf we need to watch out for.. lols

Srsly, though, people always seem to forget that our Bthrow is kinda useless without rage. It's not like Ness's which can easily kill you even at zero rage no matter how you DI it.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Even IF sonic gets hard nerfed people will still complain he is OP and needs to be nerfed again i can guarantee it. I will laugh sooo hard if sonic gets buffs.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Nerfing Bthrow AND grab range would just be cruel. I don't think they'd go as far as to change grab boxes.

Now y'all are just looking too deep into it lol I feel like they're just going to patch it in the most lazy way possible. Very few characters ever got such overhauls in a patch. Only ones were like, Shulk, Sheik, and Rosa, and those were mainly damage %'s, with the exception of making Luma take longer to return.

Da_Face89

Smash Rookie
NNID
Da_Face89
I think we can all agree that people are never going to stop complaining about Sonic due to his ability to perform very well at close range and quick approach options due to SD/C and his high dash speed. One thing I learned quickly on the internet is that people take problem that are relatively small in context, overlook everything else, and complain to no end about that one little problem. That's pretty much what has happened with Sonic in SSB4 -- the scrubs just complain about what I mentioned above, maybe add in his grab game, and conclude that he's more OP than Diddy. They never actually compare the characters side-by-side or take into consideration Sonic's horrible shield-breaking and projectile game (not only does he lack a projectile, they just about completely bar his approach options).

One other thing -- I 've discovered that Sonic's Uthrow goes into multiple Uairs at low percent, double jump to Uair in the 30-55 percent range, and UB to Uair for pure damage above that, which kills around 102 percent and stops working at 115. Just figured I'd throw out that piece of tech to those who haven't found it .

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
That's what happens when Smash enters the DLC and patch era...

People just want to cry nerf when Smash was founded in grassroots where we all just adapted to what we had.

Sonic by far has the most misconceptions out of any character. People think he's good for all the wrong reasons. It's sickening. I wish I could ban every person that comes into this board spewing bull**** that they know literally nothing about.

I wish I could do this IRL

Top Bottom