• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Strangely enough, I actually haven't run into any glitches or bad things on Rise of Lyric. I don't doubt they could've done a better job at all, but it could've been far worse, Y'know.

I just hope that SEGA finds some way to get back to the style of Sonic Adventure without screwing up badly.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I occasionally get reminded that Sony is making a Sonic film.

:093:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
As long as its better than that disasterous fan film Ill give it a shot. Everything about that film was bad.

Especially the Camalange apperance. Kappa.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Blasphemy.

Teen Titans Go is fine as it is: hilarious
To each his own, the original Teen Titans is my favorite animated series of all-time, and I think Go is just bad, even when treated as its own series.
I occasionally get reminded that Sony is making a Sonic film.

Am I the only one who's somewhat cautiously optimistic about the movie? The news of it being live-action is worrying, but given the fact that one of the writers is a fan and that the movie is aiming for a PG-13 rating (hopefully something like the MCU), I'm kind of excited.

I wonder who they'll get to play Eggman though?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
As long as its better than that disasterous fan film Ill give it a shot. Everything about that film was bad.

Especially the Camalange apperance. Kappa.
I was the best thing three seconds in that film and you know it.

:smirk:
Am I the only one who's somewhat cautiously optimistic about the movie? The news of it being live-action is worrying, but given the fact that one of the writers is a fan and that the movie is aiming for a PG-13 rating (hopefully something like the MCU), I'm kind of excited.

I wonder who they'll get to play Eggman though?
I want to be excited, but the live-action part and it being Sony is oh so worrisome.

M. Night Shyamalan said he was a fan of Avatar when he made The Last Airbender so...

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I was the best thing three seconds in that film and you know it.

:smirk:

I want to be excited, but the live-action part and it being Sony is oh so worrisome.

M. Night Shyamalan said he was a fan of Avatar when he made The Last Airbender so...

wait you were in a film??

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

The live-action part is definitely scaring me the most. I wonder what made them go with that idea? I just hope it's not anything like Smurfs.

I don't think comparing Van to Shyamalan is really fair. The latter probably said that for PR purposes, while Van actually seems like a genuine fan of the franchise. Granted, we don't know his writing ability, but it is a relief to know that someone working on the movie really knows what the franchise is about.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
wait you were in a film??
Did you see that Sonic fan film that came out some time ago? It got a lot of internet attention. The guy who made it was a graduate from my school and shot a scene in NY, specifically by Union Square, which was literally only a few blocks away from me. They needed extras and made a Facebook post to our school's group so I thought, why not?

Didn't realize it'd end up getting over a million views, lol.
The live-action part is definitely scaring me the most. I wonder what made them go with that idea? I just hope it's not anything like Smurfs.

I don't think comparing Van to Shyamalan is really fair. The latter probably said that for PR purposes, while Van actually seems like a genuine fan of the franchise. Granted, we don't know his writing ability, but it is a relief to know that someone working on the movie really knows what the franchise is about.
I honestly didn't even know that they divulged who was working on it.

I just knew they announced that they were doing it and it would be live action. Although, I still know nothing about this particular writer.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
>Just got a Sonic Amiibo

>Named it FastMaster

>Can tell friends who lose to him that "YOU'VE BEEN FASTED BY THE FAST MASTER"

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly didn't even know that they divulged who was working on it.

I just knew they announced that they were doing it and it would be live action. Although, I still know nothing about this particular writer.

They actually announced a couple of important people when they announced the movie, including Neal Mortiz as the producer. Van is one of the co-writers of the movie, the other is Evan Susser. They've been very quite about the movie, the only recent news that popped up was in December, were Van said they were aiming for a PG-13 rating.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
So on the subject of 'top tier' browny just finished the COMMUNITY tier list and sonic is 4th. As much as I don't give 2 ****s about tiers, what do you all think?

:200:

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
Guys I didn't main sonic just because he's top tier. Sonic is my childhood. It was either him or shulk. I only chose him over shulk because I don't have xenoblade chronicles. I have 4 sonic games. If im misunderstanding, then my bad. Dayuuum Seagull Joe talking that PK Fiyah

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic I can MAYBE see as 5th, but I think he's top 10 at best. 4th is still too high, but the last I checked he was 3rd which was complete bull****, so at least they bumped him down a bit.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
sonic imo falls just outside top 5. probably ending up somewhere around 7-8. ZSS, pikachu and rosalina can outdo sonic vs most of the cast i feel.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Id imagine 7th~8th is probably where he'd end up at best once people don't just bawww sonics too fass and bother learning Sonic just enough to be able to beat him. Definately agree there's at least 5 characters currently better, though ZSS ain't one of them. Don't get the hype I'm afraid.

:191:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Sonic I can MAYBE see as 5th, but I think he's top 10 at best. 4th is still too high, but the last I checked he was 3rd which was complete bull****, so at least they bumped him down a bit.

Was that not the Japanese tier list? Where they only use FD as a stage? Our greatest stage.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Was that not the Japanese tier list? Where they only use FD as a stage? Our greatest stage.
Yoshi was actually above Sonic on the JP tier list iirc.

But during the voting process for the SWF community list, Sonic was 3 for a while.

Why we let people vote who don't attend tournaments have any say in the matter is beyond me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
To be fair, I wouldn't even trust 80% of tournament attendees to make an educated vote either. :applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
True...

At least it's more founded than from people who sit in their rooms doing nothing but watching and being like "customs add balance!! sonic is too fast!! hoo-hah!!"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Having a marginally not-as-bad claim is just as harmful as one that is just straight up wrong. :applejack:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Id imagine 7th~8th is probably where he'd end up at best once people don't just bawww sonics too fass and bother learning Sonic just enough to be able to beat him. Definately agree there's at least 5 characters currently better, though ZSS ain't one of them. Don't get the hype I'm afraid.

Have you played a good zss?
Or watched one?

Zss mobility is amazing. Her up-b is a move that needs to be respected, frame 3(?) OOs option that gets scarier with rage and combos off upairs. She also has guaranteed followups off of nairs at certain percents and off backthrow(?). Think uptilt is also invincible for some frames, downb has intangibility bs frames, and...um she can definitely keep up with anyone in the cast in terms of speed (yes even sonic)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i could've sworn her up-b was frame 1 but frame 3 even still is kind of disgusting imo given that she literally has like 5 jumps. she can double jump then wall jump then down b into the wall and jump off it again then up-b/tether.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

You're a fool.

:018:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
ZSS is mad good. Definitely one of the best imo.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i can vouch for that. UP-B is disgustingly strong. And the fact that the move has disjointed hitboxes and is frame 4 (did a bit of frame data searching) means she can literally insert up-b into a lot of situations where she could've punished with something else or just use the move OoS.

Though im my opinion the move should'nt be able to KO from the air that or it should atleast have it's knockback scaling reduced.....220 for a knockback scale move that thanks to rage barely gets stale is really REALLY annoying.

Top Bottom