• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Does anyone know a Sonic player named FinalChance? I played him on 3ds but I couldn't get his full name, only getting FinalCh. He was disrespectful online, taunting frequently and switching to my mains. He initially used palette 4 with Sonic. Thanks.
Sounds like every FG sonic ever

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sounds like every FG sonic ever
Every FG Sonic I've faced has been a genuine asshole. They all run around and taunt after every KO, even if they didn't do anything. Sometimes they'll just run away from me or just combo me and never try to get the KO. This one took it to the next level though.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Every FG Sonic I've faced has been a genuine *******. They all run around and taunt after every KO, even if they didn't do anything. Sometimes they'll just run away from me or just combo me and never try to get the KO. This one took it to the next level though.
Just wait until Mewtwo DLC is out. When that happens, FG Sonic players would be ghost stories compared to him.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Just wait until Mewtwo DLC is out. When that happens, FG Sonic players would be ghost stories compared to him.
I'm not so sure about that. Sonic is a character that I find to be very obnoxious to play against. His play-style especially, along with his taunts and victory quotes make him come across as disrespectful. This is made even worse by anonymity of FG, where players are entirely represented by their character (Sonic does not have the best reputation on FG) and cannot be punished for being disrespectful. Fortunately here on Smashboards, players do not have that anonymity, can represent themselves differently, and are punished for being disrespectful.

(This is by no means a slam or rant against any Sonic main here.)

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not so sure about that. Sonic is a character that I find to be very obnoxious to play against. His play-style especially, along with his taunts and victory quotes make him come across as disrespectful. This is made even worse by anonymity of FG, where players are entirely represented by their character (Sonic does not have the best reputation on FG) and cannot be punished for being disrespectful. Fortunately here on Smashboards, players do not have that anonymity, can represent themselves differently, and are punished for being disrespectful.

(This is by no means a slam or rant against any Sonic main here.)
I've never been on For Glory at all, but I can easily see why people find Sonic obnoxious. All I know about For Glory is that people like to annoy other people by just flat out playing as Little Mac all the time.

Also, I rarely use Sonic at all these days. I used him a lot in Brawl, but he's not that much fun anymore.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I've never been on For Glory at all, but I can easily see why people find Sonic obnoxious. All I know about For Glory is that people like to annoy other people by just flat out playing as Little Mac all the time.

Also, I rarely use Sonic at all these days. I used him a lot in Brawl, but he's not that much fun anymore.
How was Sonic fun for you in Brawl and not on Sm4sh? (I'm being genuine)

I have to stop playing FG though. The match-making is terrible. Is there a ladder here on smash boards.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
How was Sonic fun for you in Brawl and not on Sm4sh? (I'm being genuine)

I have to stop playing FG though. The match-making is terrible. Is there a ladder here on smash boards.
I've just found more interest in other characters like Lucario, Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt. It's to the point where I wouldn't even care if he gets cut from future titles. (He probably never will be cut though)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Anyone that gets seriously offended by people being "disrespectful" on FG leads me to believe they suffer from crippling lameness.

Sonic is way past cool. What do you want him to say?

"Hey, we should do this again sometime because even though I won, you're still good and should continue to grow as an individual!"
"Piece of cake! Here it is! I bought you some! Enjoy! None for me thanks, I'm on a diet!"

I can't imagine how some people even manage to open a web browser if they can't even handle a fictional character's sense of humor.

:093:

TwicH

Smash Apprentice
"Hey, we should do this again sometime because even though I won, you're still good and should continue to grow as an individual!"
"Piece of cake! Here it is! I bought you some! Enjoy! None for me thanks, I'm on a diet!"
I actually read both of those with Sonic's voice XD

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I actually don't mind Sonic Speed. It grew on me, but you'd be insane if you fooled yourself into thinking it's better than the timeless "You're too slow!"

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Anyone that gets seriously offended by people being "disrespectful" on FG leads me to believe they suffer from crippling lameness.

Sonic is way past cool. What do you want him to say?

I can't imagine how some people even manage to open a web browser if they can't even handle a fictional character's sense of humor.

It wasn't that I was offended by Sonic, but my opponent being a ****. Despite not liking them, I'm okay with the victory quotes since I have no control over those (aside from winning). Changing to your opponents main is not cool however. It's saying "You suck so much, I can beat you with your own character".

I personally don't enjoy Sonic as a character and as a fighter, but other people do and I'm okay with that. Some people might not like Ike or Snake and I'm okay with that. Just don't go mindlessly insulting the character or the players who enjoy them.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. It's unfortunate I couldn't find FinalCh, but it did natter too much. I won't be replying on this thread anytime soon, so you folks have a good time. ;)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It wasn't that I was offended by Sonic, but my opponent being a ****. Changing to your opponents main is not cool however. It's saying "You suck so much, I can beat you with your own character".
These kind of trolls are very common in online play.
Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. It's unfortunate I couldn't find FinalCh, but it did natter too much. I won't be replying on this thread anytime soon, so you folks have a good time. ;)
Be safe.

Thank you for your blessing.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Don't really get the disrespectfulness of choosing the same character. Some people switch to Sonic when I beat them and have no clue how to use him lol so I just win again. Whether I win or lose, sometimes when they play a character I second like Jiggz or DK or whatever I'll use them too. Not because I'm trying to convey a message, just because every ditto isn't as bleh as sonics.

:054:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I've said it before and I'll say it again…

I love when people rage CP Sonic against me on FG and I body them even harder and taunt even more. It's so satisfying literally watching their psyche crumble through the screen.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'm glad to be part of the sonic boards lmao

If shadow was a playable character I wonder what his board would be like...could definitely see flame wars between us and them

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'd be pretty pissed having a Sonic clone in the game.

Especially if Shadow somehow ended up being the better of the two clones.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Why is this the only happy side of the broads? You guys know how to make me happy.
I thought we only made each other salty?
Also question...is f smash safe on shield?
Not really. In some situations and depending on when your opponent shields it can be, but in one of the patches they added 2 frames of cooldown that made it not safe on shield.

NNID
MasterHavik
I know fsmash is still mad good, some sonic haters cry that his fsmash is still safe on shield. I wanted to check since I recall it being sightly nerf.

Now onto to more anti-sonic lol news. I love some characters can jab sonic out of his spaindash and main of said character be like," we beat sonic 60-40 bro!" Then I go to watch match videos of the character that can stuff spindash. The player does once or twice and they process to get their ass handed to them. I think they forgot to realize that jabbing out of spindash only works against sonic that love spin dashing the night away. We can coem at them with tilts lol so Mac and Falcon mains gotta think a little more.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'd be pretty pissed having a Sonic clone in the game.

Especially if Shadow somehow ended up being the better of the two clones.

We're already getting a second Sonic character in Project M based on the Lyn and Knuckles leak and considering he shared similar moves like the Spin Dash and Spring, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a semi-clone of Sonic. Or he could more of a Wolf or Lucas analogy.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
We're already getting a second Sonic character in Project M based on the Lyn and Knuckles leak and considering he shared similar moves like the Spin Dash and Spring, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as a semi-clone of Sonic. Or he could more of a Wolf or Lucas analogy.
But I thought that Project M leak was a fake.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's real.

But I could really care less about clones or anything else in a PM game. To be fair, I'll boot it up just to try out Knuckles for a bit and be like "Neat!" and then go back to playing Smash 4.

Also, I'd be more open to having a second Sonic character in a main Smash game but we all know for a fact they'd take the lazy way out and put in Shadow as the Dark Pit of the Sonic franchise and I'd rather have just Sonic than ever having to deal with that. Knuckles is probably the coolest and safest bet, but even then Tails probably has priority over him if they don't go with the clone route.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wait, it's real?... Welp, my life will be consumed by PM soon enough if that's the case.
I'm like, damn near certain it was legit.

Also, didn't realize you were such a Knuckles fan. It's been showing lately.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm like, damn near certain it was legit.

Also, didn't realize you were such a Knuckles fan. It's been showing lately.

I am. Plus, playing Sonic 2 and soon enough Sonic 3 when I find it is making me a fan boy. I'm also using Sonic in Smash 4 a lot in the past few weeks.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I am. Plus, playing Sonic 2 and soon enough Sonic 3 when I find it is making me a fan boy. I'm also using Sonic in Smash 4 a lot in the past few weeks.
I wonder who it will be next week?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I wonder who it will be next week?

Luigi seems fun :troll:. In all seriousness, it's been difficult for me searching for the character I want to use 100% of the time. I've been creating a batch pretty much. What I have done is lowered the amount of characters in that batch. Right now the one's left are Marth, Lucina, Sonic, and Luigi pretty much. Shiek, Diddy, Fox, Pit, Dark Pit are out.

EDIT: Hi @ kj22 kj22 ! :awesome:

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I believe that the PMBR chose Knuckles as a somewhat more convenient choice for a semi-clone character due to the fact he could reuse animations from Sonic which would save them time, especially after doing the other two leaked characters who will likely be completely unique based on what have been seen. Knuckles will be somewhat more slower than Sonic but trades the disadvantage in speed for more power. I think his gliding ability whilst being a powerhouse character was one of the deciding factors that made him a very popular choice among the PM development team, due to being able to provide a radically different gameplay style whilst still being able to reuse animations. That and Sonic characters tend to be among the more popular third-party suggestions for Smash.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It need to main Sonic just to properly post in this thread.
It's awesome.

Come to think of it, I'm not really fond of the socials for any of my mains (Lucina, Lucario, Mega Man, Rosalina)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It need to main Sonic just to properly post in this thread.
It's awesome.

Come to think of it, I'm not really fond of the socials for any of my mains (Lucina, Lucario, Mega Man, Rosalina)
You don't have to main Sonic. You just have to not be the worst... But even then, we're all kind of the worst so...

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself here. We like to keep things way past cool.

Top Bottom