• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic 4 Episode 1.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
... Sonic Adventure 3 would be flat-out amazing.

And yes, it would have lotsa playable characters.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow are absolute musts. (stab me with whatever you got all you want, but Shadow's just as involved with the Sonic series and rooted in as the blue blur himself, and really **** popular. It'd be an idiot's move not to have Shadow involved, especially after sitting out on Sonic Unleashed, many of the Sonic handheld games, and other games that could benefit from his appearance alongside our other main characters)

Either new characters or old characters playable, either way. The Sonic Adventure series, to me, prided itself on diversity in gameplay. That's a part of why I liked the Werehog in Unleashed, it was a reminder of something new and different in how you play a Sonic game. The tip of the iceberg to what Sonic Adventure 3 could truly be if we get it.

--

As for the Sonic fanbase?

... There's a reason why I don't associate with them often. I think this picture sums up Sonic's opinion really well,

Well. I can't find it, but it's Sonic giving the middle finger as he's announced for Brawl going, "You people are absolutely impossible to please."

finalark

SNORLAX
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Shadow are absolute musts. (stab me with whatever you got all you want, but Shadow's just as involved with the Sonic series and rooted in as the blue blur himself, and really **** popular. It'd be an idiot's move not to have Shadow involved, especially after sitting out on Sonic Unleashed, many of the Sonic handheld games, and other games that could benefit from his appearance alongside our other main characters)
I'd personally rather not see Shadow in a theoretical SA3. Why? Well, for one thing I found that his story had a satisfing ending when SA2 came to a close. And second of all, they got his main conflict resolved resolved Sonic Adventure 2, and it might just be me, but I just don't see the character going anywhere after SA2. The thing that I loved about Shadow in SA2 was that for a Sonic character he had a dark and mysterious past that he spent the entire game getting over. The character was compleately tied to his past, that's was his major point of characterization. So what do they do post-SA2? They just wipe his memory so that way he can still be characterized like that even though it was resolved back in SA2! Unless they can supprise me, I think that Shadow should never go beyond being perhaps being an alternent skin or a mulitplayer character.

Either new characters or old characters playable, either way. The Sonic Adventure series, to me, prided itself on diversity in gameplay. That's a part of why I liked the Werehog in Unleashed, it was a reminder of something new and different in how you play a Sonic game. The tip of the iceberg to what Sonic Adventure 3 could truly be if we get it.
I'd rather they stuck to their guns and made older characters playable.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 2006 (timeline and canonly, doesn't exist anymore) still exist and Shadow's around afterwards nonetheless. He's become a staple to the Sonic series, and not including him in a theoretical Sonic Adventure 3 wouldn't be right.

Unless you're under the impression that Sonic Adventure 3 would take place between Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes. Which is...to be honest, just plain stupid.

Sonic Adventure 3 needs to be epic, a great new chapter in the continuuation of the canon series; just how much can you compile before you need to spread the timeline around over the year so that Sonic stays 15? That's my perspective, at least. Like it or not, either new characters, or returning characters like Shadow, would be likely.

Sure, SEGA listens to the fans and they try to do what they can, but Shadow living, and being involved within the games still even after his redeeming end in SA2, is canon and ongoing.

He'll be there along with the others if the game does happen. Because seriously, thinking logically?

Would YOU, setting your bias aside when making a Sonic Adventure 3 game, flip off the fanbase for neglecting the second most popular character in the Sonic franchise at an outing in what could be an amazing multi-character adventure?

Shadow is almost a decade old to the fans. He's just as much a hit with the series as Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman are now.

finalark

SNORLAX
Unless you're under the impression that Sonic Adventure 3 would take place between Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes. Which is...to be honest, just plain stupid.
I do happen to be under the impression that it would take place between SA2 and Heroes. Give me a valid reason for why it's "Stupid" rather than just saying it is. And the reason why I personally would make the game take place right after SA2 is so that I can pick up the cannon from there, thus calling everything else after it non-cannon (say what you will, but most Sonic fans (but not myself) think that the series' decline began immedietly after SA2, so I'd just be trying to please the fans).

Sonic Adventure 3 needs to be epic, a great new chapter in the continuuation of the canon series; just how much can you compile before you need to spread the timeline around over the year so that Sonic stays 15? That's my perspective, at least. Like it or not, either new characters, or returning characters like Shadow, would be likely.
Or you could make it take place after Adventure 2 a one big "sorry" for the post-SA2 games. And the cannon and story of the Sonic universe is... um... insane. Unless Sonic punches a hole though the space-time continuum, thus reseting everything just like Super Man did in Infenent Crisis, then I'd be okay with it taking place after Sonic Unleashed.

Sure, SEGA listens to the fans and they try to do what they can, but Shadow living, and being involved within the games still even after his redeeming end in SA2, is canon and ongoing.
See above.

He'll be there along with the others if the game does happen. Because seriously, thinking logically?

Would YOU, setting your bias aside when making a Sonic Adventure 3 game, flip off the fanbase for neglecting the second most popular character in the Sonic franchise at an outing in what could be an amazing multi-character adventure?
Well, I'd probably wouldn't have him in as a major character in the story, just an alternart character you can play as during Sonic's level and multiplayer. So that way I can make the half of the fan base that's sick of him happy while keeping his fans happy.

Shadow is almost a decade old to the fans. He's just as much a hit with the series as Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Eggman are now.
Hmm.... next year will make Shadow a decade old, won't it?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Knuckles hasn't been the 2nd most popular Sonic character for YEARS now.
Get outta here Mic.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't get it. Why does everybody hate Shadow? I thought everybody loved him in Shadow the Hedgehog, but now he is one of the most hated characters by veterans and the most loved by sonic n00bs. I mean I like him because... I just like the color black a lot and well... he looks pretty **** cool with rocket shoes :)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Shadow is one of the more deeper characters in the series, in my personal opinion. He's the reminder that the world isn't just farting rainbows everywhere, and asides Eggman, that whether you're good or bad? There is a dark side to the world.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol, poor Knuckles. Shadow came along and was like, "sup"
I think the bigger problem was that Sega came along and was like "Oh we introduced him getting tricked by Robotnik, why not make that his thing? That'll be SO FUNNY and won't make him look like a moron at all!"

I don't get it. Why does everybody hate Shadow? I thought everybody loved him in Shadow the Hedgehog, but now he is one of the most hated characters by veterans and the most loved by sonic n00bs. I mean I like him because... I just like the color black a lot and well... he looks pretty **** cool with rocket shoes :)
For one, when I first played SA2 I was very much into the whole "OMG HE'S RED AND BLACK AND HE'S ALL LIKE COOL AND STUFF AND HE'S EVIL", something which I'm over now.

For another thing, he has changed. In SA2 I think he had a very interesting personality, and added a dark side to the series. In every game afterward, his presence just felt overwhelmingly obnoxious to me. He basically became an annoying emo kid.

In Shadow the Hedgehog they went out of their way to add in swears and guns and violence and everything like that and made him boring in the sense that he was the typical emo/angry character. Not to mention they convoluted the entire thing by adding MORE to Shadow's past. It was perfect when he was created by Professor Gerald and whatever, then it turned out he was some sort of alien-human biproduct and...I still don't understand what it was that happened exactly. That entire game was poorly designed, because they had 10 different endings, each of which told you a different lie about Shadow. Then the final ending told you what actually happened. And then Shadow was all "SCREW IT I DON'T CARE ANYMORE" and you realize you wasted time on such a crappy game.

The problem is he went from an interesting and deep character to a shallow character which existed for the sole purpose of being emo and annoying.

Shadow is one of the more deeper characters in the series, in my personal opinion. He's the reminder that the world isn't just farting rainbows everywhere, and asides Eggman, that whether you're good or bad? There is a dark side to the world.
I think he was a deep character in SA2...but I don't see what's deep about him now.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I REALLY liked Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2.... Then Sonic Heroes came along... I found it to be a pretty enjoyable game... Shadow still being alive kind of ruined the ending of Sonic Adventure 2 for me, but I didn't mind that much... Because I still thought he was pretty cool....

Then the Shadow the Hedgehog game came out. Played through 4-5 levels. Stopped playing it.

I really don't know how Shadow has fans after that game. I had at least twice as much fun playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. -_- The character dialogue and story was HORRIBLE, and the gameplay was almost just as bad. What really started turning me off to Shadow though, was his die-hard crazy fans.... <_<

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
... Sonic Adventure 3 would be flat-out amazing.

And yes, it would have lotsa playable characters.

--

As for the Sonic fanbase?

... There's a reason why I don't associate with them often. I think this picture sums up Sonic's opinion really well,

Well. I can't find it, but it's Sonic giving the middle finger as he's announced for Brawl going, "You people are absolutely impossible to please."
You are a terrible human being and you should feel terrible.

First things first, half the reason the 3D sonic games suck so ****ing much is BECAUSE they try and be more than "Hold forward and run fast." No, adding fishing, treasure hunting and slow pink hedgehog runs away as game modes did NOT make the games better(the Gamma levels and subsequent Tails/Eggman levels in SA2 were bearable though)

Turning Sonic into a slow thingamajig(Where-hog translates into man-hog, not correct -_-) with gameplay shallower than dynasty warriors did not make anything better.

People really need to stop and realize what Sonic is, a game with a gimmick. The entire idea of sonic is "Run right fast" unless you're playing the 3D games in which case it's "Run forward fast until you get a detection error and fall through the floor." It's because of this that, in all honesty, Sonic the hedgehog has NEVER been a good series. Look at it like this, in all the 2D sonics the idea was "Run Right Fast" however this was very often only doable for the first few stages and even then you'd constantly be aggrieved by enemies you couldn't see coming, taking you to a complete halt. So right there the basic idea of the game falls flat. But worse, once you got to later levels you couldn't just run fast and expect to actually finish a level, you had to actually WORK for it. You had to rely on the games roots, platforming, and that there is something that no gamer should ever have to deal with. Sonic platforming is outright ****, no ifs, ands or buts about it. There's no refinement to it and no real control over the character, the platforming is just BAD. It never made sense to me why this series managed to get so popular considering how anti-fun it becomes after you leave zone 3, and even then only Green Hill zone is ever really fun. I've been told it's because im not good enough at the games, that I need to learn where the enemies are located and what jumps lead where but you know what **** YOU ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT! That's making a game into WORK. I want to be able to just play. I want to walk right, see an enemy coming, and react accordingly. God knows Megaman, Mario and many others did it and they turned out ok(right up until Megaman 7 and X4 lol)

The odd thing is, in theory, the 3D games should work the absolute best. With the ability to constantly see in front of you, hazards and enemies should pose less of an unavoidable suprise and more of legitimate challenge, and the homing attack allows for varied but non-frustrating platforming. The main problem with the 3D franchises is the camera, the detection and YOU, the fanboys. The camera has too much trouble keeping up with the pace of the games, causing alot of problems. The detection, idk even know what's up with that, if anyone knows why sonic likes to randomly fall into his own death every now and then I'd like to hear it. But then there's YOU the fanboys who literally deteriorate a somewhat ok game into utter ****. Shadow is not an interesting character. Knuckles can suck a ****. Big the cat, amy, cream, rouge, tails, Shade, Blaze, Marine, Charmy Acorn, Numnuts, OH **** YOU SONIC DEVELOPERS! And **** you fanboys who clamor to have Shadow and Knuckles and all these other **** characters forced into a game. They're not fun to play as, they're not interesting, they're not cool and they can all die in a fiery aids related explosion.

Also

That's because he ****ing sucks at everything he does. He's at the bottom tier of gaming in general :mad:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol.

I stopped reading before the "Run Right Fast" comments started.

Nice, long post though. At least you care enough about your opinion to say anything about it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I love how people are suddenly deciding that even the old Sonic games suck mostely due to the quality of the newer titles. It's like what happened with Spyro, any post-PS1 Spyro games suck so people automatically seem to say that the original trilogy sucks too.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I REALLY liked Shadow in Sonic Adventure 2.... Then Sonic Heroes came along... I found it to be a pretty enjoyable game... Shadow still being alive kind of ruined the ending of Sonic Adventure 2 for me, but I didn't mind that much... Because I still thought he was pretty cool....

Then the Shadow the Hedgehog game came out. Played through 4-5 levels. Stopped playing it.

I really don't know how Shadow has fans after that game. I had at least twice as much fun playing Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. -_- The character dialogue and story was HORRIBLE, and the gameplay was almost just as bad. What really started turning me off to Shadow though, was his die-hard crazy fans.... <_<
I loved Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. Back when I used to have that compiliation of old school sonic games for the gamecube (its been so long I forgot the name already =)), I would play that non-stop. I mean, I lost constantly, but the feelings were still the same. The same goes for Sonic Pinball and Sonic 3-D (that IS the name right?). I mean, when you stray off a bit from the mainstream sonic games, you get feel good playing all those side games ya know?

================
As for shadow... I like him. He looks cool with the red and black color scheme. I don't think of him as obnoxious though... maybe emo, but not obnoxious. And plus (again) HE HAS **** COOL ROCKET SHOES :chuckle:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw Pink Reaper, its kinda ironic that you have a somewhat accurate description of amy in your username, yet you rip on her...

Also YOU can go eff yourself. I don't think that its the enemies, as its revolutionary what made the 2-D games great. I mean, I doubt any game before that could actually BE that fast paced (correct me if I'm wrong though). And how exactly does knuckles suck? I mean sure SA2 kinda ruined him a bit by making him some ****ty *** treasure hunter, but in all he is alright. At least he doesnt treasure hunt anymore, thank god for that. I thought they made a good choice by introducing him into the series. And yes Sonic IS a game with a gimmick, but thats the actual attraction. I mean if you had a slow hedgehog, who had to constantly be careful for platforms, and had to slowly run through long *** levels (and trust me I know they are long, they just seem short BECAUSE YOU RUN THROUGH THEM QUICKLY!!!!!), I think you would be bored would you? There are many successful games with gimmicks. Metroid series, sexy *** bounty hunter in a suit, megaman, living robot blasting enemies, Mario, jumping on little mushroom things that look like crap, Pokemon, Gotta Catch 'Em All, Legend of Zelda, exploration. Don't you see, if there weren't any gimmicks, some of the worlds greatest game series wouldn't be where they are today. Sega might have stuck to making other games, and the card business might still have been a card business (that WAS what nintendo was before right?).

finalark

SNORLAX
old school sonic games for the gamecube
Sonic MEga Collection

Sonic Pinball
Sonic Spinball, a forgetable spin-off in my eyes.

Sonic 3-D
Sonic 3-D Blast.

Anyway, I really liked Dr. Robotnik's MBM (AKA Puyo Puyo). It was fun and simple, I think the reason why most people didn't like it is the typical "A GAME THAT'S DIFFERENT FROM THE REST IN THE FRANCHISE!?!?!?!? NO!!! IT'S EVIL!!!!" thing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Anyway, I really liked Dr. Robotnik's MBM (AKA Puyo Puyo). It was fun and simple, I think the reason why most people didn't like it is the typical "A GAME THAT'S DIFFERENT FROM THE REST IN THE FRANCHISE!?!?!?!? NO!!! IT'S EVIL!!!!" thing.
Yeah, I liked Mean Bean Machine as well since it was pretty much Puyo Puyo.
I'd rather play the new Puyo Puyo games though so I didn't find myself replaying MBM.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sonic MEga Collection

Sonic Spinball, a forgetable spin-off in my eyes.

Sonic 3-D Blast.

Yeah sorry bout that, Im a little rusty on my spin offs.........

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
...Pink Reaper, in case you haven't noticed, Sonic did not go all that fast in his first game. In fact, all of the Genesis games had a major emphasis on platforming. It was never about simply running right fast, as you call it. It was about platforming with a sense of speed. I do not know why you think that it wasn't.

And how was the platforming bad? I don't see anything wrong with the way any of the characters behave while jumping.

I love how people are suddenly deciding that even the old Sonic games suck mostely due to the quality of the newer titles. It's like what happened with Spyro, any post-PS1 Spyro games suck so people automatically seem to say that the original trilogy sucks too.
What... are you serious? People are saying that the PS1 Spryo games are BAD? =_=

:069:

finalark

SNORLAX

What... are you serious? People are saying that the PS1 Spryo games are BAD? =_=

Yeah, I know it's depressing, isn't it?

I agree, with was Poltergust said about the original Sonic games. Also, if you're having a hard time with badniks getting in your way while you're running, I suggest tapping the "down" button. Oh hey look, you turned into a ball and now you can kill them.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The original Spyro trilogy is some of the best gaming I've ever had. Some of my fondest gaming memories come from those games, mostly in part to the teamwork between the whimsical nature of the worlds and Stewart Copeland's spectacular soundtrack.

And to stay on Sonic topic, the classic games had the best music in the series. It was designed to better convey the visual feel of the games. The new ones have lulzy alt rock by mediocre nobody bands that I can only enjoy if I approach with a "haha watch this, I'M LISTENING TO BON JOVI" kind of attitude where I'm listening simply for the cheese factor. Except Pumpkin Hill. That was **** good.

BSP

Smash Legend
That's the one thing all Sonic games have: Good music.

Sonic 3 and Knux is still my favorite.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@Pink Reaper....some people are able to memorize levels after 3 or 4 runs through it you know (or at least the path that they plan on going most of the time) <_<. It's not like memorizing where enemies are is hard.

@Poltergust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtDl-0B5U-g#t=1m46s

...Not fast? 0_o Sonic 2 was one of the fastest paced games I've ever played. I personally want to see more gameplay like this (moving really fast, but with a lot of alternate routes to take and neat shortcuts you can get by abusing jump momentum)

Sure some people don't really like that the camera isn't fast enough to keep track of them, but I kinda like it (not for the majority of the game....but you know chemical plant just wasn't designed to have Super Sonic running on it :p)

I get what you mean though. Sonic the Hedgehog was pretty slow paced. That's also why I don't particularly like that game <_<.

@Spire. I'm kind of fond of city escape myself. As far as background music goes, that was pretty legit.

Oh, and the songs that didn't have words were pretty okay too.

Anyway, my one BIGGEST request that I really hope they do for this game. Special stages not being limited to one per level, and most importantly, THE ABILITY TO GO SUPER SONIC IN NORMAL LEVELS. Without that the game really just won't feel like Sonic 4 to me (another hard to please fanboy <_<). For me, the funnest part of the old Sonic games was playing through the second or third level with Super Sonic seeing just how much I can abuse the speed on various shortcuts and stuff, running faster than the screen can keep up with. Leaving tails in the dust was HILARIOUS.

I really want to see that part of the gameplay return Q_Q

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
@Poltergust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtDl-0B5U-g#t=1m46s

...Not fast? 0_o Sonic 2 was one of the fastest paced games I've ever played. I personally want to see more gameplay like this (moving really fast, but with a lot of alternate routes to take and neat shortcuts you can get by abusing jump momentum)

Sure some people don't really like that the camera isn't fast enough to keep track of them, but I kinda like it (not for the majority of the game....but you know chemical plant just wasn't designed to have Super Sonic running on it :p)

I get what you mean though. Sonic the Hedgehog was pretty slow paced. That's also why I don't particularly like that game <_<.
I was really only referring to Sonic 1 when I said that Sonic didn't go all that fast (as you said). I think it was pointed out earlier that Mario from SMB was faster than Sonic in Sonic 1, but Sonic can jump higher. :laugh:

Oh, that just reminds me. I wonder how a TAS of Sonic 4 would look like. =D

UberMario

Smash Master
If you look at the main Sonic 4 site, it says for Motobug: "this metal beetle returns to try to take down Sonic one last time!" Does that literally mean this is it's last debut? or is it just worded differently.

finalark

SNORLAX
If you look at the main Sonic 4 site, it says for Motobug: "this metal beetle returns to try to take down Sonic one last time!" Does that literally mean this is it's last debut? or is it just worded differently.
You know what this reminds me of? "Up until now..." when Lucas' Final Smash was revealed.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The original Spyro trilogy is some of the best gaming I've ever had. Some of my fondest gaming memories come from those games, mostly in part to the teamwork between the whimsical nature of the worlds and Stewart Copeland's spectacular soundtrack.

And to stay on Sonic topic, the classic games had the best music in the series. It was designed to better convey the visual feel of the games. The new ones have lulzy alt rock by mediocre nobody bands that I can only enjoy if I approach with a "haha watch this, I'M LISTENING TO BON JOVI" kind of attitude where I'm listening simply for the cheese factor. Except Pumpkin Hill. That was **** good.
Spire, I love you. I bought all 3 for my PS3 (only 6 each) and I have to say "year of the dragon" right up there with the other legenday platformers of yesteryear.

On Sonic, I don't think they should go wiht Episodes. They should just release Sonic 4 and then Sonic 5, in the same way that Capcom is releasing megaman 9 and 10. Episodes makes me feel like the're going to try and squeeze money out of you.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
There are many successful games with gimmicks. Metroid series, sexy *** bounty hunter in a suit, megaman, living robot blasting enemies, Mario, jumping on little mushroom things that look like crap, Pokemon, Gotta Catch 'Em All, Legend of Zelda, exploration. Don't you see, if there weren't any gimmicks, some of the worlds greatest game series wouldn't be where they are today. Sega might have stuck to making other games, and the card business might still have been a card business (that WAS what nintendo was before right?).
...Not only are those not really gimmicks, but...

Did you just say that Metroid's "gimmick" is an eyecandy bounty hunter?

=|

As a Metroid fan, that's kind of a huge insult to the series. I don't think anyone plays Metroid for the 5 seconds of Samus without her suit at the end.

Spire, I love you.
I second this.

The PS1 Spyro games are amazing.

On Sonic, I don't think they should go wiht Episodes. They should just release Sonic 4 and then Sonic 5, in the same way that Capcom is releasing megaman 9 and 10. Episodes makes me feel like the're going to try and squeeze money out of you.
Well, you didn't actually expect them to do something the fans have been asking for AND not rip us off, did you?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I hear it's episodic the way Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were episodic: part of the same set, but full games in their own right.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I don't see any problem with it being episodic. As long as they don't add stupid characters. If they stick to sonic, tails, and knuckles and they get rid of that garbage auto win button power up from sonic rush. The gameplay in sonic three and S&K's are both satisfying. If they stick to that it can't really fail.

:093:

BSP

Smash Legend
Would anyone else like to see Hyper Sonic come back? It probably wouldn't happen, but I liked him.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anyone sensible would know that he won't come back, but would kill something to get him in the game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Since the topic of Sonic Adventure 3 popped up;

Lots of sonic ranting
In a sense, I agree with you fully when it comes to the 3D games. Fact be told, I'm playing through Sonic Adventure right now again. The level design is actually pretty great, It's just sonic's controls like homing attack and buggy camera problems come in.

The real problem is the genre. We've had multiple playable characters but let's get this right people: Sonic is a PLATFORMER Not a Shooter, Puzzle, Fishing Game, Treasure Hunt, etc. Knuckle's Missions? You're stuck treasure hunting. Big's? You're stuck FISHING - You wanted some action of speed or platforming? Nope! You're getting tons of FISHING!

The reason why Tails, Gamma, and Eggman were passable is while they weren't complete platforming, they at least were platforming and something unique. You know, you can still get a lot of uniqueness into platforming without being edgy like werehogs and guns and swords. You want to know a five minute idea I came out of when playing as tails in sonic adventure for SA3?

Tails - His tails would be much less overpowered thus being able to fly up a certain distance and drop down, and his jump would be pretty low. The platforming in this would involve more so something like the levels in Sunshine where mario gets fludd taken away. This may involve partial building at some parts - Not much, haven't even scaled this part out yet unlike the other part of this.

It's not the greatest idea ever by any means but it shows you don't need to be edgy with all that stuff just to make levels good.

There's more I could write but I'll keep this post pertaining to gameplay with discussion.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
since The Topic Of Sonic Adventure 3 Popped Up;

In A Sense, I Agree With You Fully When It Comes To The 3d Games. Fact Be Told, I'm Playing Through Sonic Adventure Right Now Again. The Level Design Is Actually Pretty Great, It's Just Sonic's Controls Like Homing Attack And Buggy Camera Problems Come In.

The Real Problem Is The Genre. We've Had Multiple Playable Characters But Let's Get This Right People: Sonic Is A platformer Not A Shooter, Puzzle, Fishing Game, Treasure Hunt, Etc. Knuckle's Missions? You're Stuck Treasure Hunting. Big's? You're Stuck fishing

That's mostly why disliked SA1 so much while loving SA2. Knuclkes was annoying but it was bareable. Fishing however...

BSP

Smash Legend
I know in SA2 shadow only had 4 levels...

Fishing was really dumb, and required to beat the game. Big's story was the only one I didn't like.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
At the very least, fishing was easy. No broken mechanics or something and challenging if you really wanted to go for the big fish that aren't necessary.

There was a little something for everybody. You gotta give them that. That being said, it was my least favorite from Sonic Adventure as well; tolerable though.

Top Bottom