• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic 4 Episode 1.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If you not good at what you do, why do it?

I wonder if Miyamoto is epic at Zelda/those kinda games...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, it's not the job of the video game programmers/designers to play games. They just create them. Testers do the playing for them.

:069:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Actually, it's not even that guy who is playing, apparently.

...Who was the one playing, then? It could be just a random dude who's playing a demo or something. XD

:069:

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's not a gamebreaker but it's really distracting, considering they had the perfect momentum system 15 years ago on Sega and now there's basically no momentum to speak of.
Thats the problem. They had it right. Now, they just won't go back

:scared:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If you not good at what you do, why do it?

I wonder if Miyamoto is epic at Zelda/those kinda games...
As said before, designing and programming games is an entire different world from playing them. If that video is actually showcasing a Sega dev playing the game, it goes to show that they aren't good at either

:F

kupo15

Smash Hero
Its nice to see that zxeon and I agree on something. That dev. apparently have amnesia and forget how to make games the way it was perfected years ago or they are morons and think that it was trash when they first made.

It seems like the dev. hit the jackpot the first time they made the game then didn't know how to improve it because its practically perfect so the only direction to go is worse.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Its nice to see that zxeon and I agree on something. That dev. apparently have amnesia and forget how to make games the way it was perfected years ago or they are morons and think that it was trash when they first made.

It seems like the dev. hit the jackpot the first time they made the game then didn't know how to improve it because its practically perfect so the only direction to go is worse.
We aren't so different after all.

I think they burned their notes so that no one could steal their formula. Now that Sega needs cash they released an imitation Sonic game based on what they could glean from watching VHS recordings of Sonic 1 and 2. They could have asked the pros for help. That guide is in terms even a SONIC TEAM member can understand. At least I hope they can but I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't.

BSP

Smash Legend
Just wondering, which game had the best physics to you guys? Sonic 3 + K was best physics wise for me, but SAdvance 2 had the most speed I think. I value the physics though.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Is it me or does the Rings on the Wii looks better than PS3/360?! O_o

Anyways, I had fun, don't know why people are so mad at this game. :/

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It wasn't atrocious. It could've been better, but at least we didn't get a 2006.

zxeon

Smash Lord

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ummmm, Sonic being in it the game and the titular character?

Nah that makes too much sense.
Honestly, that is simplifying the guy's point I think.

For instance, Super Mario RPG I is technically a "Mario game", sure. But when someone says "Do you like Mario?", what comes to mind is running and jumping on goombas, not menu-based RPG fighting. I don't think you can put them both under the same blanket.

Though at this point it's all semantics and not really worth arguing over.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Still haven't finished the game, but I'm enjoying it. I'm not bursting with happiness or anything but I think it's solid. It does make me think back to when I used to play Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on my grandma's dreamcast or genesis(can't actually remember). I mean is this game anywhere near as good as the originals. Clearly not. But is it a step up from a lot of the recent crap that's been put out. I like to think so. Obviously that doesn't say much but I'm entertained when playing it and am glad I got it.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
You're at your job right now, and you're gonna waste time flaming people over this Sonic game.

Is there a group you made dedicated to people who spend all their time in one thread to respond to any post who like the game and then jam down their throats that they're wrong?

Because I'd join.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You're at your job right now, and you're gonna waste time flaming people over this Sonic game.

Is there a group you made dedicated to people who spend all their time in one thread to respond to any post who like the game and then jam down their throats that they're wrong?

Because I'd join.
dang, there's some sensitive sonic fans in here!

the dude also said he couldn't respond BECAUSE he was at work, which kinda ruins your whole ice-burn.

anyways, I finished the game a couple days ago and, meh. I'm not gonna get any of the other eps unless they come in a bundle later or unless they improve the next eps a lot.

A good comparison/contrast for me is Capcom's Megaman 9. Ten bucks for probably the most faithful sequel to a retro series ever made. I had so much fun with that game, it was an actual entire game, and five bucks less than "get stuck on walls and homing attack, 1/3rd of a game" Sonic 4

Top Bottom