• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I HATE the feeling you get in your stomach when you send a risky text message. I just told the girl I've liked for a while that I want to be with her and I'm not sure if it was the right move...

Oh well that's life I guess. Living through the highs and lows.
Don't forget that it's about risks too, man. Better to get that kinda stuff out in the open and gauge responses versus keeping it inside and never knowing.

Smooth Criminal

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Don't forget that it's about risks too, man. Better to get that kinda stuff out in the open and gauge responses versus keeping it inside and never knowing.

Smooth Criminal
Very true. I was just like "F it this has to be done now."

So far I just told her "I like you blah blah blah" and my response was "really??" Then just sent back "Yeah I really do blah blah blah"

Now I'm extremely nervous. Idk if that was a good really or a bad really. LOL

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
To make a long story short, I can't do it in person because I'm currently away from home and won't be back for another month.

But as it turns out, I'm stuck in the friendship zone. :(

Not finding that special someone for (what it will eventually look like) my whole high school career definitely bothers me. But at the same time, it will just make it that much more special when I finally do find a girl that cares about me as I do for her.

It might take another year, or maybe another 4, but I'm going to stay positive.... And just be thankful for the great friends that I have.

nutsmasher

Smash Rookie
the only way to not end up in the friendzone is to establish your intentions in the beginning!
That's not necessarily true! Some of my ex boyfriends were my friends before we started dating. The trick is to slowly build up from a friendship to something more and pay REALLY close attention to how she responds to the changes.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
a girl, who goes by "nutsmahser". I am officially scared of you.

Piety the Diety

Smash Apprentice
My bro just got dumped via text message from his girlfriend of about a half-a year, maybe a little more. But the thing is, even though they didn't date for that long, they were the greatest couple you'd EVER see. Right now he's sitting there, depressed. We just watched an episode of That 70's Show, where he usually cracks up laughing causing me to not be able to hear the T.V. for a few minutes, but this time he was quiet, and it bothered me.

Another thing is that his old girlfriend is also a good friend of mine, and now there's gonna be tension and akwardness for sure. I'm gonna get stuck in fights between them in school next year, and that's definitely either gonna make me loose a good friend, or have a brother who hates me. Frankly I can't choose a side.

God, I'm screwed.

And good luck, I was/still am in the friendship zone with a girl I've liked for a few years, even after we figured out we both liked each other, she still decided to stay "just friends". Just try to stay optimistic, and good things'll come your way.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
There's been an update to the situation from the thing with Vanessa and Dolan, back on page 282 I think. Things were going well through out the weekend, until about Monday, we talked on the phone, but I noticed she seemed a little distant and whatnot, just to find out yesterday that she told me she felt uncomfortable talking to me Monday, and she said her and I need to take a break. It caught me completely off guard because she never told me why. I just asked her, "Why?" and she said "Simple as that." I don't know if it was something I did because all I did was help her through times that Dolan couldn't, and was there for her like a friend should be. =/ Yeah, Monday night I was on the phone with her, while she was on xbox talking to Dolan so I can't really blame her for having discomfort with that but that brushes off after a little bit. She never told me why we're on a break, how long it is, or anything. Though I did tell her how I truly did feel, I asked her if she'd at least listen to me and she said ok, so I told her everything, though I don't think that was initially why she wanted to take a break from talking but is it good that I got how I really felt off my chest? At least she has something to think about, right? I just don't know what to do other than wait it out, should I contact her or leave her be for a few days and ask her if there's any updates on how she feels and whatnot? It's like she's stalling for time or something. Lol, time johns and stall johns? wtf.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
Figures, so I'm guessing all I can do is wait out, right? Lol, so many john's this time and I haven't played Brawl against/with them yet.

Lucian

Smash Cadet
Somethig that bothers me are people that act pompous and think they know everything, and you cant talk to them without starting some kind of an argument were they have to win. It's like they wont stop and shutup until you let them win or say there right
If you find good frends don't take it for granted

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
There's been an update to the situation from the thing with Vanessa and Dolan, back on page 282 I think. Things were going well through out the weekend, until about Monday, we talked on the phone, but I noticed she seemed a little distant and whatnot, just to find out yesterday that she told me she felt uncomfortable talking to me Monday, and she said her and I need to take a break. It caught me completely off guard because she never told me why. I just asked her, "Why?" and she said "Simple as that." I don't know if it was something I did because all I did was help her through times that Dolan couldn't, and was there for her like a friend should be. =/ Yeah, Monday night I was on the phone with her, while she was on xbox talking to Dolan so I can't really blame her for having discomfort with that but that brushes off after a little bit. She never told me why we're on a break, how long it is, or anything. Though I did tell her how I truly did feel, I asked her if she'd at least listen to me and she said ok, so I told her everything, though I don't think that was initially why she wanted to take a break from talking but is it good that I got how I really felt off my chest? At least she has something to think about, right? I just don't know what to do other than wait it out, should I contact her or leave her be for a few days and ask her if there's any updates on how she feels and whatnot? It's like she's stalling for time or something. Lol, time johns and stall johns? wtf.
She's trouble. Stay away from her.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I was on the computer this agternoon and my apartment building started to shake. It usually does that when a big truck goes speeding by and hits a liitle pothole in the street. I live on the last floor, the 6th floor. This time, though, the shaking lasted like 30 seconds. That never happened before It felt pretty cool but kind of strange since I didn't hear no truck speeding by. Turns out I just experience an earthquake (5.0).

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
She's trouble. Stay away from her.
Yeah, I've not been talking to her ever since she inclined we take a "break" though she contacted me yesterday asking what I meant when I told her how I felt and all that, all I did was explain myself and nothing after that. This is some pretty stupid s*** she's pulling, not gonna lie. Women john's.. -____-;

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
My bother is starting to become more and more annoying and I can no longer play with him in video games or RPG's untill he respects me (parents rule) how ever he is the only decent ssbm person I know, and to make matters worse he has developed a deep over riding fear of my SSBM KIRBY not my ssb64 kirby (he is not as scared as much the other one witch makes no sence to me what so ever seeing how that one is better) but my SSBM kirby (He is a sucker for kirbycides I make sure to laugh evilly every time.) but the fear is so grand he refuses to play me if I pick the pink puff ball from pop star. So now I am starting to use main my co-main shiek more than I would like. Please help.

RATED

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've not been talking to her ever since she inclined we take a "break" though she contacted me yesterday asking what I meant when I told her how I felt and all that, all I did was explain myself and nothing after that. This is some pretty stupid s*** she's pulling, not gonna lie. Women john's.. -____-;
u know, just forget that girl really, how old are u? ( age) even if you get to be with her, probably you won't be with her "forever and ever". so you are wasting your time with a ***** that's "johning" and losing a friend.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
K, this is kinda gross, but here goes.

I've loved swimming ever since i was 7. Every other day in the summer, u can find me in a pool, waterpark, or a lake. However, the other day, i was at my friend's swimming party. I was in the pool, like usual, and went underwater. I came up. My friend said my nose was bleeding. Then he freaked out was like, "Dude, get out of the pool NOW!!!" I realized why he was like this cuz my nose was bleeding like someone cut it off. We got that all cleaned up but it took about an hour >_<. I was very surprised. One because i have never had a nosebleed in my life. EVER. Second i didn't even hit my nose on anything. Yesterday, when i went to a waterpark and went underwater...and it happened again. It was somehow even worse than last time. And cleanup took longer.

This is ruining my summer. I've never had any nosebleeds before, and then this happens. Swimming is half of my summertime. And now i can't swim without my nose exploding internally. I have no idea how any of you can help, we're going to see a doctor anyway. Still, anyone have any thoughts on the situation?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Maybe you are allergic to chlorine or something? Nosebleeds can be serious though, you may want to see a doctor.

<.< Anyone here ever pull a prank and feel bad about it, but still laugh?

Reizilla

Nose bleeds happen a lot from dehydration. Maybe if your body is dehydrated internally, when you get in water, it reacts like that? Completely random guess, btw.

M.K

Level 55

I've loved swimming ever since i was 7. Every other day in the summer, u can find me in a pool, waterpark, or a lake. However, the other day, i was at my friend's swimming party. I was in the pool, like usual, and went underwater. I came up. My friend said my nose was bleeding. Then he freaked out was like, "Dude, get out of the pool NOW!!!" I realized why he was like this cuz my nose was bleeding like someone cut it off. We got that all cleaned up but it took about an hour >_<. I was very surprised. One because i have never had a nosebleed in my life. EVER. Second i didn't even hit my nose on anything. Yesterday, when i went to a waterpark and went underwater...and it happened again. It was somehow even worse than last time. And cleanup took longer.

This is ruining my summer. I've never had any nosebleeds before, and then this happens. Swimming is half of my summertime. And now i can't swim without my nose exploding internally. I have no idea how any of you can help, we're going to see a doctor anyway. Still, anyone have any thoughts on the situation?
Err, mysterious.
I was recently at a diving meet (like swimming, but we get out and get back in faster >_>) and my nose started bleeding during the practice before the meet.
Is it possible that you took aspirin before diving deep? The combination of pressure and the "stuff" in the aspirin is known to cause nosebleeds.
You also may just be reacting to the pressure. It's common during swimming, but don't let it ruin your summer, it's definitely not that bad! Don't let your friends get to you, it's just a nosebleed, not a heart attack.

nutsmasher

Smash Rookie

You can go to the doctor and ask them to cauterize the vessels that are breaking. It's probably due to the change in pressure from being out of the water to being under it. Just talk to your doctor. Apparently it's not that painful of a procedure and it keeps your nose bleeds at bay.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I was going to mention the change in pressure as well. You also may have a minor sinus infection or something. I had no idea I had a sinus infection untill the pressure change on an airplane trip, ended up having bleeding and a whole lot of pain. I felt completely fine beforehand and felt like nothing happened after just minutes of being on the ground.

I've had the same effect diving underwater with a minor sinus infection.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
thanks for the help guys. We still haven't gone to see a doctor yet >.>

Anyway i would be a lot more inclined to believe all these suggestions if this had ever happened in the past. But it seriously didn't. Never had a nosebleed before til now, and last summer i was at the local waterpark 3 times a week. From 10 in the morning to when it closed. I am not kidding. Still, thanks for all the help.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
u know, just forget that girl really, how old are u? ( age) even if you get to be with her, probably you won't be with her "forever and ever". so you are wasting your time with a ***** that's "johning" and losing a friend.
Lol, yeah, I'm just letting whatever happen anymore happen. =/ If she wants to be with a dude that can't hold his own, it's her loss. 20, dude. Yeah, best to be not be with someone who john's half the time. Guess it's back to perfecting my Falcon and Sheik..lawl.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm debating if I should get a Facebook or not. People at school said I should get one over the summer. Should I get one?

Reizilla

If you already have a Myspace, it's like 94326789216789201 times better. It's good for networking and "talking" to people you don't care to see in real life.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Just get one so your friends stop bugging you about it. Mine nagged and nagged till I got one. Its ok though I rarely use it except to see if anyone has actually posted a legit update of some importance. And my friends are now content to post random stuff on my wall.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I don't like MySpace... Giving people to much freedom to customize things can turn extremely messy and disorganised.

Anyway, I was reciently handed a pamphlet that says the beginning of the end of the world starts May 11, 2011 and ends on October 11, 2011. I didn't think people in todays age still went around warning of the end of the world.
O.o

Reizilla

What did the rest of the pamphlet talk about? You're positive it was literal?

pickle962

Smash Lord
I don't like MySpace... Giving people to much freedom to customize things can turn extremely messy and disorganised.

Anyway, I was reciently handed a pamphlet that says the beginning of the end of the world starts May 11, 2011 and ends on October 11, 2011. I didn't think people in todays age still went around warning of the end of the world.
O.o
Are these people off their rocker or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom