• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I present to the PRoom....The Vent Topic.

Something on your mind?
Parents took away your Halo 3?
World events making you upset?

Everyone knows it feels better to get some things off of your chest, so let's talk about it.

The Proom Laws apply here, of course. Please try not to post one-liners, and let's not pick fights with other members - Even if you strongly disagree with them, there are polite ways to show it. This thread will be heavily moderated, meaning things that'll get you 1 point elsewhere will probably get you 2 or more points here. Be smart, PRoom.

A special rule for this topic:
Political and religious DEBATE are not allowed.
You are allowed to comment on current political events and religious beliefs, but this WILL NOT TURN INTO A DEBATE.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Parents took away your Halo 3?
That was enough to make me laugh.

It's semester break and I'm so bored. Is it wrong to love studying and being at school? xD
I usually end up browsing smashboards and having small talk on msn. It gets kinda boring after the first hour. Plus it's freezing here in Alberta, so unless you're an ****** or something, you're pretty much stuck inside.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
at risk of making a post on topic...

something is indeed bothering me. my mom might have breast cancer. so far, all they know is that she has a mass and that it's not a cyst. she's going in for a biopsy on friday. I just really hope everything turns out ok

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
at risk of making a post on topic...

something is indeed bothering me. my mom might have breast cancer. so far, all they know is that she has a mass and that it's not a cyst. she's going in for a biopsy on friday. I just really hope everything turns out ok
Despite the circumstances, just keep your chin up. Plenty of people have beaten breast cancer. All you need is a lot of positive thinking. A well-kept morale can do wonders, along with regular trips to a doctor.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Oh it also bugs me how every time I read Azua's name, I go, "Aaazooazooazooazooa" in my head.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I always did hate it when people say I should talk more. But whenever I do, no one ever wants to listen to me. It's so vexing.

Not to mention the fact that I have completely no reason to trust people

Mith_

Smash Champion
I always did hate it when people say I should talk more. But whenever I do, no one ever wants to listen to me. It's so vexing.

Not to mention the fact that I have completely no reason to trust people
Bleh. I have this same problem, even my own friends don't listen to me sometimes. Its not my voice or anything, people just aren't interested in what I have to say. I've seemed to dismiss it over the years but it still bugs me.

I don't know how to help you but I'll try. If you are going to talk to somebody make sure you keep them talking with you so they will have to listen. That was crappy advice but I tried =/

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
since when is the difficulty curve of anything supposed to jump up so quick? I went from being deans list at my college to worrying about passing my classes in one quarter flat.... it's not fair!

I know it's supposed to be hard, but sometimes it seems more like the professors are deliberately trying to fail students than that the coursework is that hard.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I'm in eighth grade and I was high honors last quarter and now im almost failing everything this quarter. I feel your pain hedgedawg.

Also rap annoys me really bad. How it just went from stuff like AC/DC and The Eagles to little wayne and pussycat dolls in practically a year is crazy.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I WANT TO VENT TOO!
You see there is this girl I've like for a couple of months now. She is a really quite girl so I have been making my advances slowly so as too not freak her out. She and I started then become good friends than blam! my best mate tells this school chatterbox whom I like. The chatterbox then tells my ex-girlfriend who tells the girl I like. Now the girl looks at me suspiciously all the time. And she and my ex are like good buddies now. It really is pissing me off. And I know they are talking about me.
Venting feels good.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I need more venting.

I broke up with this girl. Mmmkay. I still really like her. She still likes me. She's told me she does. She is still like my best friend. I just broke up with her because like, she didn't treat me like she did the first time we went out (we went out before that). So now her and this fat @#$ kid whom I really hate are going out. They are starting to get more serious. They've been dating lets see 3 months now. When i asked her if she liked me (more than as just a really good friend) today, she responded yes. So now I'm very confused on who she likes more. I've told her that I want to go out with her and that I stil really like her and she sort of just ignores it. It makes me feel sad and depressed. :[

The hott one with the peace sign is me. The ugly one with the gross hair is her boyfriend

EDIT: I'm in eighth grade, he's in ninth grade, she's in eighth grade. I'm 14, she's 14, he's 15.
And I'm really a few inches taller than him. (I'm 6"0) And he's this dumb wangster wanna be kid and I hang out with all the goth kind of kids (so does the girl).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
The other guy looks at least 2-3 years older than you lol.

Anyways, forget about her. If she still has feelings for you even though you two have broken up, who's to say she won't have feelings for that other guy if you two happen to get back together.

Coming from someone who's seen this happen a lot, you're best bet is to forget about being her girlfriend, and stick with being her friends. High school relationships usually last a few months and then it's really awkward afterwords. At least if you we're to stay as her friend, there wouldn't be any problems. =/

It's easier said then done, but it's worth it once you can get around your feelings for her. =|

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I got problems.
I like my best friend a lot. She is beautiful, smart, popular, and hot. She isn't dating someone. We had a pretty close friendship though.

But then, i moved away for two years, and i missed her. Now i'm back and it seems that she is the same person she always was. But not me.

I used to be a total nerd before i left. Now i fit in with the preps. I've been asked out but i turned it down, just to ask her out one day. Now i feel like i can't. So much time has passed by and i have changed a lot.

Should i ask her out, or will she most likley turn me down. Lol, i haven't met her in a while, and she probably thinks i am still a nerd. THat would ruin her rep.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Ask her out. Go for it. If she turns you down. Oh well. But atleast she'll know that you are interested.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I got problems.
I like my best friend a lot. She is beautiful, smart, popular, and hot. She isn't dating someone. We had a pretty close friendship though.

But then, i moved away for two years, and i missed her. Now i'm back and it seems that she is the same person she always was. But not me.

I used to be a total nerd before i left. Now i fit in with the preps. I've been asked out but i turned it down, just to ask her out one day. Now i feel like i can't. So much time has passed by and i have changed a lot.

Should i ask her out, or will she most likley turn me down. Lol, i haven't met her in a while, and she probably thinks i am still a nerd. THat would ruin her rep.
Ask her.

If she really is your best friend, she'll understand where you're comin' from.

Skrah

Smash Ace
To darx: I say go for it, reps don't matter much in love.

Just be careful... If things go for the worst, end it with both of you in good terms. It sucks that because of a relationship gone wrong you just lost a real friend, and those don't come in in handfuls.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
To darx: I say go for it, reps don't matter much in love.

Just be careful... If things go for the worst, end it with both of you in good terms. It sucks that because of a relationship gone wrong you just lost a real friend, and those don't come in in handfuls.

Thats exactley what im afraid of. She is really fun to be around with and i don't want to lose that. I want more.

Okay, thank you for your help everyone, i appreciate it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
dude.

go for it. i did. i've never been happier to this day. seriously.

but don't expect anything....it's better to be surprised with a yes than a no...but what can ya do?

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I suppose I need this, to be honest, although I'm questioning the relevance of my post right now.

I'm usually depressed more often than happy. I've told various people that I think it's related to Smash, and they've suggested the thing I've been trying to avoid: quit.

Maybe I'm just being stupidly stubborn about it, but I just figured there's something I can get from Smash. No, I'm not talking about money from tournaments, I'm talking about, well, a better social life, confidence in something I could do well (that people will care about), and other benefits. I KNOW that the rewards of this don't come fast (after all, it takes practice), but the emotional cost of it all is... well, kind of overwhelming at the moment. :urg:

I just wish there was a way I could play Smash without feeling like I'm being evaluated all the time. It's that kind of thought that leads me to get nervous. If I lose, I feel that I haven't so much failed myself as I've let my opponent down. He/she is expecting a good match, and all he/she gets is a nervous, spineless, lousy scrub that SDs the last stock. That's what the social aspect of Smash revolves around, right? Skill? If I'm no good at the game, then what's the point of playing me that's not some sadistic satisfaction from crushing another scrub? That's what turns me off from Smash so much, I guess. If one is going to take the "lul l00k @ this scrub, he can't beat Ike! lololololololol!!!!!" attitude or is otherwise bored with constantly winning to an inferior opponent, then that total defeats the point of the social aspect, right or wrong?

At tournaments, I can somewhat tolerate this happening (hey, people are there for money, not for friends), but... at FRIENDLIES or on WIFI? I dunno, maybe there's a reason to condone that kind of attitude in those areas that I'm not seeing, and if so, really, explain away.

And before I get any "well, the people you've met are ___", let me just clarify that when I play ANYONE, I EXPECT the worst case scenario that I just described. I'm just a hardcore pessimist. I have not actually met anyone with this attitude. The problem is, I haven't met anyone with the counter-attitude either (well, at least no one that doesn't come off as patronizing). No one TELLS me what they think or expect. I just get "meh, stuff happens" after losing a match. That... doesn't tell me anything AT ALL. It just leads me to believe that it's a substitute for what he/she REALLY wishes to say: that I'm fail and should go die in a fire. :urg:

And... to complicate the problem, I'm also freaking out over school. I've only been a few weeks into the semester (I go to college), and I'm already loaded with schoolwork. So, not only do I fail at Smash, I'm risking failing school this semester, the only thing I can remotely be proud of (although a 3.9 GPA isn't worth much to anyone as far as I know). :(

jber4life

Smash Apprentice
Dude, smash is a game. It should be fun, and if it doesnt let you have fun. Stop playing (which i know you dont want to hear).

Chin Up laddy.

I have to vent beause I have a frightfully boring term at uni. Seriously, I am taking an Èxperimental Poetry` Class. It is so frusterating, i might actually scream.

However, i am only venting.

PEACE & LOVE.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We get to vent here huh?

Well then, opnions not required, but you can criticize my rant if you want...

Being a teenager kind of sucks, it's the median of being a child and an adult, but taking the worst of both worlds.

First off, you don't start to get any pwoer until 16, and even then it's very limited. I'm getting ahead of myself though. I kind of think that 12-16 is horrible, just because you start to get the responsibilities of an adult, but you still have a mindset of a child so when something goes wrong it becomes a burden... not too many people expect too much from you regardless.

Rawr and being a brainless 8 year old kid without a care in the world sounds nice, or at least when you don't have to worry about the stuff your elders do, like bills or whatever else there might be. Hey now all good things must come to an end, right? I'm sure a spoiled brat would've said something about how his good life should stay like so, correct? That's biased though, I suppose a couple of hildren are better than that.

Now why don't we start walking into the 16-18 range huh?

Gah schoolwork gets so stressful when it starts to pile up. Sure I try to get it done, but the load just keeps coming and coming, it doesn't seem like there is an end to it that isn't just quitting...as if that wasn't enough, you have other things to worry about as well... seems like there's little to no time for yourself when you become an adult... which sounds depressing... really... really... depressing.

Finally after you hit that mark, it seems like you would be ready to go out on your own, but it's so cold and lonely out there... why do people shun the idea of living with your parents? I can't see anything wrong so long as you act like some kind of roomate who pays the bills and junk... nothing with that, right? Though I have my reasons to move out when I can, my step-father annoys me to the point that I look forward to that day... but still, if I had that option to stay, I defenitely would.

Doesn't seem like too much to look forward too in a long term period as time keeps on skipping... ito the future~~~.

/rant.

kinzer-

hey, im 22 years old, and I must say, 14-18 was probably the hardest years of my life as well. its a tough time, because you yourself are going to start taking life seriously. you get older, and you start to wonder what life is really about. is it really about school, work, and responsibilities. is there ever time for yourself if you work hard to be successful. what i realized is that you have to decide what you want to do and what you believe life is about. to do that it takes research. you have to find yourself, and what you really love. you have to find what is worth the effort you put in on life. what can seem to be overwhelming but life is crazy. its all experiences good or bad you will learn about yourself and the world and its all great. the age you are at builds a lot of character. this is your time to learn who and what you really are and what you love. i used to think i was going to become a pharmacist, or computer programmer, or some high paying profession. after some trial and error and learning about myself im now a writer and musician. that was truly what i love in life. its what distracted me and helped me get through high school. books and music. now its what i am trying to make a profession of. i dont work for some corporation making some rich guy richer. i dont wake up in dread of an alarm clock every morning, clocking in and clocking out everyday. for some people its not for them. and ive found what i would be happy with. i spend 7 nights like saturday :)

and moving out doesnt have to be lonely. make friends! its much easier then you might think.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
So, I made a thread a couple of days ago, but I guess it will be closed now since this one is the general vent topic.
Here's the thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218134

Maybe you could check it out and respond here. I don't have much time at the moment, but maybe a TL;DR version will be edited into this post.

If I'm DOING IT WRONG, please do tell me.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
how do i come out to my parents? their very religious and just wont understand but i cant live a lie anymore

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I'm 14 and it sucks. I know life is gonna get harder. All you should do is accept that childhood is over and prepare for adulthood. Prepare as much as you can for responsibilities, and suck. You can never prepare enough though. Too many things are rushing through your minds.

Especially, if you're in love.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
since when is the difficulty curve of anything supposed to jump up so quick? I went from being deans list at my college to worrying about passing my classes in one quarter flat.... it's not fair!

I know it's supposed to be hard, but sometimes it seems more like the professors are deliberately trying to fail students than that the coursework is that hard.
COLLEGE IS SO FREAKIN HARD. ugh :( I'm having problems too mate.

Sorry for posting my sig, didnt mean to.

cman

Smash Ace
I don't get attached to anyone anymore. I have tons of "friends," and they are all pretty nice people and all, but I don't really enjoy being around any of them. I can't think of anyone in my entire school with whom I would like to go to prom. I haven't liked a girl in over a year and a half. I'm not even sure that I would be sad if a family member died.

I could continue listing stuff, but i think you probably get the idea. Anyway, it bothers me a bit. This isn't very normal, is it? I'm 18, by the way, and in my senior year of high school.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Dude, smash is a game. It should be fun, and if it doesnt let you have fun. Stop playing (which i know you dont want to hear).
Why is it then that screams of "play to win, don't be a scrub, blah blah blah" drown out the exact thing you're saying? I'm thoroughly confused by Smashboards right now.

Really, I get just super-nervous over FRIENDLIES because of what I just posted. You (and no one else) really... addressed anything I just mentioned. Granted, this is a venting topic, so maybe I'm supposed to get my questions answered elsewhere? If so, where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom