• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

MCG

Smash Apprentice
A question for everyone: How much DI is humanly possible on a single frame of hit duration? This is directed specifically at spikes. I suppose another question would be: Is there an increased hitlag duration (or smash DI window) at higher percents?
Damage of hit determines freezing frames, not knockback. Freezing frames determines DI window. Single frame of hitlag -> single frame for DI. Higher percent but same damage -> same DI window.

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
This is my one hundred and eleventh post! Alas, eleventy-one posts is far too short a amount to talk among such excellent and admirable smashers. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
I, uh, I h-have things to do, I've put this off for far too long. I regret to announce that i am....MAINING KIRBY!
:p

VVilde

Smash Cadet
lol ducky decides to main the one character who literally sucks

From now on u shall now be known as Sucky

#mostpatheticsmasher

Annex

Smash Ace
Yo if anyone by a ny airport wants to house some grotty donk main fri+sat night of apex hit me up with a pm. I know a guy who could use a bed it's me

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
@ Morin0 Morin0
@rainshifter

I now receive and process raw linux kernel event data, tested working with xbox and keyboard. This eliminates the need for SDL (and xboxdrv), so now I can have my own touch interface gui (so you dont kneed a usb hub, already made the gui for N64 inputs).
I just need to find 1 more thing in loading devices (actual device name) then saving / loading configurations will be a breeze.
Then I need to merge with the old code base which shouldnt take long. Definitely finished by apex

Morin0

Smash Lord
I remember you saying that because of SDL, if you disconnected the USB device, you would have to restart the adapter in order for it to be recognized again? So this is not the case anymore? Sounds awesome. I am probably not going to Apex because of no $, so there's no rush on my part to get it done before Apex, but Kabal and LD (and others) will most definitely benefit from this for Apex.

How will updating the software work? Will it be simply a matter of using SSH or are we going to need to reflash the adapter and then SSH?

Last edited:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Anyone who uses the "not trying" excuse when they lose needs to go ahead and quit this game (Destiny)

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Surviving that nightly backup because finals are already complete. I don't need sleep... actually, I lied.

I think I'll go zero-to-death some Poptarts, combo a fox into Falcon Punch, and call it a night.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
There are too many reasons NOT to play ssb64 online. Main reason is because, in other smash games when someone says they're better than someone the two people actually go and play each other in a game of smash. Crazy idea isn't it. In this community someone will talk about how bad someone is or how much they "rek them" and both people will go on for weeks and months and never actually play but still bicker back and forth about who's better, It's insane. For the people who say Ducky sucks, how about just hopping on kaillera for 10 minutes and play the damn game with him. You guys are on freakin IRC chats and skype all day but I rarely see anyone of you online. I wonder if people even like the game, it's mind blowing.

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
@Shaya

Serious question: Can we vote on a new moderator for the 64 forums?

I realize that you don't really like coming here and it's not fair to you to have to put up with a community in which you aren't actively involved. I think that it's about time for us to get a mod that can be here often and is already familiar with the community's members. It would cut down on your work load and the administrators wouldn't feel the need to frequent the 64 forums.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
There are too many reasons NOT to play ssb64 online. Main reason is because, in other smash games when someone says they're better than someone the two people actually go and play each other in a game of smash. Crazy idea isn't it. In this community someone will talk about how bad someone is or how much they "rek them" and both people will go on for weeks and months and never actually play but still bicker back and forth about who's better, It's insane. For the people who say Ducky sucks, how about just hopping on kaillera for 10 minutes and play the damn game with him. You guys are on freakin IRC chats and skype all day but I rarely see anyone of you online. I wonder if people even like the game, it's mind blowing.
This happens in the other smash communities too. it's not uncommon.

just ignore them. it's easy

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Anyone who uses the "not trying" excuse when they lose needs to go ahead and quit this game (Destiny)
correct me if i'm wrong, gav, but you've made numerous posts saying "i play different and don't try when i'm playing against someone i don't know"

that's pretty much saying that if it's an alt or maybe someone newer, and you lose, you "weren't trying" in the first place

so please don't be hypocritical about that kind of stuff, it makes you look silly

Top Bottom