• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

earthadept

Smash Lord
I only go to college because I got a full ride. Literally my parents said 0-tuition or you're staying at home and working.

Probably the best moment of my life to get the letter for the grant...

D

Deleted member

if you did fafsa in time you should be fine

or you should play poker

DMoogle

A$
Yeah I finished the FAFSA in time. My parents are going to help pay as well, although I'm not sure how much they can. Worst comes to worst I can always take money out of my nest egg.

Thanks for the congrats, I can't wait to go.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
lol i'm 45 thousand dollars in debt that i have to start paying off 6 months after i graduate (may). basically, im ****ed. That is why i am moving to japan to dodge my payments until i get a decent paying job lol.

MattNF

Smash Lord
you failed to specify how many AP classes you took. For all I know, you took 2 or 3 and are basing your judgement on that. I'm talking about ALL your classes are AP. The material may not be troublesome but you'd definitely get bogged down with work.

AP art history anyone? that **** is notes notes notes notes notes notes and then more notes.

yeah, I am, wanna fight? My house is the one with the red truck

oh god, I can only imagine.
Trust me, AP classes in high school aren't the same as a normal college class. They're much easier.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Trust me, AP classes in high school aren't the same as a normal college class. They're much easier.
I dunno I think that in some ways college would be easier because you don't get as much busy work and your grade is just from tests. Maybe some people would consider that a negative though. I wouldn't really know anyway since I didn't retake any of my AP classes in college (except music theory lol).

I do think that AP english helped me a lot with my college literature classes. The stuff that's been really hard though was all the classes that we didn't have in high school like higher level math.

dandan

Smash Lord
it is funny that in israel, the best and most prestigious universities, like the techion which was ranked the 7th best technology oriented university in the world after MIT, are all government funded, thus making the tuition really low.
i am studying in the university of tel aviv which is considered to be the best or second best here and it is costing me about 2400$ each year (not semester)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Just letting you guys know, I'm somewhat busy for most of this weekend, so I won't be doing any major mod stuffs until... well, probably next Monday or something. Also, I won't do any special mod things (e.g. infractions, closing threads, etc.) until after I read the mod manual thread thingy (or at least enough of it... it's really long... :( )

Just a heads up to everyone... basically just letting you know I'm not going to do nothing or anything like that... just busy...

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Just letting you guys know, I'm somewhat busy for most of this weekend, so I won't be doing any major mod stuffs until... well, probably next Monday or something. Also, I won't do any special mod things (e.g. infractions, closing threads, etc.) until after I read the mod manual thread thingy (or at least enough of it... it's really long... :( )

Just a heads up to everyone... basically just letting you know I'm not going to do nothing or anything like that... just busy...
hint: you're supposed to *not* post things like this or else people will take advantage of it lol

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
so basically you're telling us to spam while you're gone?
Yes. Smash 64 is now a mod-free zone, mother****ers.

edit: that was sarcasm. Just so you know.
Don't forget, I'm still visiting here frequently (and helping) until Blue Yoshi gets a hang of this, so don't think you get a free pass :p

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I know right haha
Bloshi!
Bionic Sonic lives like ... within spitting distance of UMD where I'm at ...

NixxxoN

Smash Master

earthadept

Smash Lord
k, i'll def do that

alright so i finally got p2p working and everything, and i wanna start playing a bunch of ppl. anyone game?

also, does anyone have any advice on getting used to the slight delay on online play, when coming from playing console only for years? i have trouble z cancelling online, lol

earthadept

Smash Lord
No I'm totally fine with all the technical aspects of 64 on the console version. I just get really messed up by the delay. Like I'm not even going to try and use fox online...

earthadept

Smash Lord
I know! Maybe there's more to it than just the 1 frame lag? Maybe my computer is doing something wrong, or my input device has lag? I don't think just 1 frame would mess me up...

Top Bottom