• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
I commentated 2013, funnest thing I've ever done

I've gotten less flashy as the years have gone by. It sort of loops back to the beginning though, my playstyle gets so laughably straightforward that people think I'm making some sort of meta-commentary on the state of the current metagame.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
http://smashboards.com/threads/isai.309977/

The thread in itself is pretty bad, just another random player discovering smashboards.

I remember how I was annoyed by Kero's double letter style of posting... Looks like my war against him started back then.
That's not even the whole story though.

IIRC He had some pretty hilarious quotes in the social thread like "Battlecow is the only one here who's not an asshole", and the tale of him not knowing how to download something from a mediafire link, much to aa's dismay

He played Battlecow online first, I think the videos are still on Youtube.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Yeah I thought you were all ****ing assholes, especially Bangoku, Ciaza, and Boom. I hated every single one of you, except Battlecow. He was the only one to acknowledge me as a person and a player. To everyone else, I was merely a person to laugh at. That's why I disappeared for a year. I told myself that I'd come back one day and make you all eat your words.

Finding out I sucked hit me hard. I wanted to be acknowledged so badly but I was never good enough. I figured the only way to truly prove myself was to surpass the one person that possessed by birthright title: Isai. That's when I decided that I was going to become the greatest player of all time.

You guys are the reason I got good lol. My hatred towards you fueled me.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I typed literally a random number page into the URL and pretty much got it.

It's like those times you flip to a random page in a history book or dictionary or whatever and get to exactly what you're looking for. We've all had that happen.

Anyway, all of page 277 is pretty much gold.

Yeah I thought you were all ****ing *******s, especially Bangoku, Ciaza, and Boom. I hated every single one of you, except Battlecow. He was the only one to acknowledge me as a person and a player. To everyone else, I was merely a person to laugh at. That's why I disappeared for a year. I told myself that I'd come back one day and make you all eat your words.

Finding out I sucked hit me hard. I wanted to be acknowledged so badly but I was never good enough. I figured the only way to truly prove myself was to surpass the one person that possessed by birthright title: Isai. That's when I decided that I was going to become the greatest player of all time.

You guys are the reason I got good lol. My hatred towards you fueled me.
Are you Naruto or something? Serious question.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lololol i didn't even watch naruto till like 2 years later

that's probably why i loved the show so much, i can relate to his pain :troll:

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Legendary.

Reading through old Social Thread pages is fun. Although of course I sometimes cringe at my older posts.
i really feel you on that one and i sincerely apologize for the person i was 4-something years ago

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hahaha

that was before I had my hustle down at all

towards the end of high school I made a buuuuuuuuuuunch of money off of that stuff

so much fun

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
tried playing online from the suggestion that i should play smash more so i figured i'd give a shot but here's what happened in a matter of 5-15 or so minutes

- joined smash FU with 97 ping (i know i usually get about 43)
- waited in a game for about 5 minutes, got some people, was unbearably laggy without any spikes
- went to DCT, still laggy, guy left and claimed he couldn't play there because of his connection as i was winning
- moved back to FU, finally got normal ping, frames dropped constantly, game dsed on the second stock

yeah something needs to be done about the current online situation

Vale

Smash Ace
my school has this giant gaming night thing coming up next week and they'll have smash 64 and project:m

p:m tournament is (unintentionally) using japanese smash 64 ruleset because lolschoolorganizers
not sure if i should:
a) go marth and take first place ez
b) go mewtwo and win if my training partner decides to go mario instead of marth
c) go random and still have a pretty good shot of winning

i already have a 25$ money match for p:m planned in pit dittos. he knows the character better but he sucks at everything except juggling so i should be alright.

i want to make some free money off of the other kids there, but i'm not sure how to approach it. i might also do something like "beat me win a dollar/losing is free" and then offer then the ability to money match beforehand. if i do the latter i'll just be arrogant and talk about how great i am to try and get them to take the bait

Last edited:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
loving the brief mention of 64, and the rest is just PM talk.

are you going to win 64 TOO?

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
i'm definitely going to be playing friendlies on that.
but the person organizing smash is one of the kids in my group and he knows that nobody else at the school has a chance (and figures there is less interest than pm because it is older), so he may cut it from the events based on sign-up. :/

Vale

Smash Ace
we already have like 3-4 n64s and like 6 wiis confirmed, so i really hope we aren't playing on wifi. there are some computer games but i don't play any of them so not sure on details for that. i just plan on playing smash for 10 hours.

also i just looked at the sheet for it and it said that only staff for the event can bring controllers, so i need to figure out a way to sneak those in. i'm hoping they won't actually care that much and just don't want responsibility for people losing them.

Shears

Smash Master
my school has this giant gaming night thing coming up next week and they'll have smash 64 and project:m

p:m tournament is (unintentionally) using japanese smash 64 ruleset because lolschoolorganizers
not sure if i should:
a) go marth and take first place ez
b) go mewtwo and win if my training partner decides to go mario instead of marth
c) go random and still have a pretty good shot of winning

i already have a 25$ money match for p:m planned in pit dittos. he knows the character better but he sucks at everything except juggling so i should be alright.

i want to make some free money off of the other kids there, but i'm not sure how to approach it. i might also do something like "beat me win a dollar/losing is free" and then offer then the ability to money match beforehand. if i do the latter i'll just be arrogant and talk about how great i am to try and get them to take the bait
@ Sangoku Sangoku ban this fool for censor dodging. Sneaking that PM talk in between 64. How do some people sleep at night...

10ashamedchars

Vale

Smash Ace
nah
n64 > brawl > melee

project m is fake smash but still pretty good so i don't know where to list it

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Um ok. Just when you thought nature couldn't get any ****ing weirder, here is a video of a python eating a ****ing alligator.

Let me say that again, a PYTHON eating an ALLIGATOR.

Like, what the actual ****. Did you guys know that a ****ing snake could eat a god damn ALLIGATOR? WTF. Does this make anyone else really uncomfortable? Like I didn't know snakes were that strong at all. And WTF since when do pythons get that BIG? This is both the most beautiful and most disturbing thing I've ever seen. I don't even know what to think right now man. Snakes are scary.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
That snake is dum for swallowing the alligator. Now he's immobile/vulnerable for a few months.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Naw @ KeroKeroppi KeroKeroppi
I will be the best in the world.
sry. Try again.

Yeah but that has always been my goal.
Although Isai is the best and some dum peeps still say he's not.
But yeah super imba hax considered one of the best in the world level would be good.
Like boom or something.
Funny since Wizzy has been beating me (and like everybody lol) and has gotten closer to that goal than me in so much of a smaller time lol. ****in kid.
But he only plays like one char so pwn. I don't care JUST about gettting as many Ws as possible. I want to be a god at the game... like even more than I already am ;) And of course I like when peeps get excited when they watch me play and I like try new stufff.
and stuff
/STUFF

oh and the snake thing is like common knowledge...

Last edited:

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
So, when I first came into Smashboards, I declared that I would be the best Mario player in the world... However, I have also become quite fond with Luigi lately, and I thoroughly enjoy using both characters in and out of tournaments (Mario slightly more, though). So, I've decided to modify my ultimate goal in Smash 64; to become the best Mario Bros. player in the world. I look forward to making it happen.

On another note, The Dragon's Lair TOs in my school decided to host its first Smash 64 tournament, which turned out to be a disappointment, in my eyes. I entered a tournament that was Dreamland only, character lock, no items (thankfully), THREE stocks, and had only eight entrants. This tournament finished in less than 30 minutes, not surprisingly. What do you guys think about this?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, when I first came into Smashboards, I declared that I would be the best Mario player in the world... However, I have also become quite fond with Luigi lately, and I thoroughly enjoy using both characters in and out of tournaments (Mario slightly more, though). So, I've decided to modify my ultimate goal in Smash 64; to become the best Mario Bros. player in the world. I look forward to making it happen.

On another note, The Dragon's Lair TOs in my school decided to host its first Smash 64 tournament, which turned out to be a disappointment, in my eyes. I entered a tournament that was Dreamland only, character lock, no items (thankfully), THREE stocks, and had only eight entrants. This tournament finished in less than 30 minutes, not surprisingly. What do you guys think about this?
Wait, isn't Smash rules in general 3-4 stocks?

MCG

Smash Apprentice
Well.. did you win?

Top Bottom