• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
buddy showed me this

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/01/n64-hdmi/

would this stop input lag on hdtvs and ****?
Interesting. There's not enough information in the article to determine that. I think the device's main functionality is to merely accept VGA for modern TVs that don't have ports built in.

Here's a bit about what I know (mostly by reading only) about the issue. The n64 uses the VGA display standard, which is 480i. It's an analog signal, but most displays are digital now. Non-CRTS need to scale the graphics to the TV's native resolution which can be a resource intensive task. Also, to create a crisper image, most HDTVs apply some postprocessing to the image (to give a more refined, sharp look presumably).

TANK64

Smash Lord
So I won't be competing until next year (body building)...

Oh well. Imma still start my diet now. Halloween and stuff.

2015 lez go!

inb4NobodyCares

Also, if your fb page shows no sign of you having a bf, then don't just ****ing expect people to know. ****in' A... smh

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
"I don't know, I don't really like 64 and I might not even be top 10 in the world in that game"

This means, "I don't think I am top 10 in the world in this game"

I am going to try to change his mind on the first part, then maybe the second part will change

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ignorant doesn't mean not arrogant

the clear implication was that he might be top 10

anyways

Thank you, kero. I'm a believer once again.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Ignorant doesn't mean not arrogant

the clear implication was that he might be top 10

anyways

Thank you, kero. I'm a believer once again.
Though I don't think he is top 10, it hasn't been ruled out yet haha. As far as I know he doesn't yet have a tournament set win rate below .500 against 10 people yet.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Though I don't think he is top 10, it hasn't been ruled out yet haha. As far as I know he doesn't yet have a tournament set win rate below .500 against 10 people yet.
on the way back from the tournament we determined he is not even top 50 in the world yet.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
isai bane frogles star king killer a$ sensei tacos kero sheermadness

10 people in usa of the top of my head m2k wouldn't beat.

He doesn't like 64 because he plays the least fun character in the game. But he unfortunately doesn't have time to devote to this game to get better at any other character, especially with smash 4 around the corner :(

Vale

Smash Ace
what? kirby is super fun to play as.

leagues better than captain falcon. every match with him in it is pretty horrible to watch/play.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
isai bane frogles star king killer a$ sensei tacos kero sheermadness

10 people in usa of the top of my head m2k wouldn't beat.

He doesn't like 64 because he plays the least fun character in the game. But he unfortunately doesn't have time to devote to this game to get better at any other character, especially with smash 4 around the corner :(
Haha, that's a good explanation to why he thinks the game is boring. I'm just playing devil's advocate and pointing out that you can't rule out the mere possibility of him being top 10 yet. You can make a pretty reasonable guess though.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm just playing devil's advocate and pointing out that you can't rule out the mere possibility of him being top 10 yet.
Not sure why not. People realize that Jaime is definitely not top 10 in the world right? Hell its pretty possible boom isn't top 10 in the world.

so far sensei (dat retire), a$ (dat semi-retired), and kero have all shown to be better than m2k, and none of these guys got top 8 (or even 9th place) at apex (granted A$ didn't show). And lets be honest, there were more top 10 players that were not at apex that were.

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
Not sure why not. People realize that Jaime is definitely not top 10 in the world right? Hell its pretty possible boom isn't top 10 in the world.

so far sensei (dat retire), a$ (dat semi-retired), and kero have all shown to be better than m2k, and none of these guys got top 8 (or even 9th place) at apex (granted A$ didn't show). And lets be honest, there were more top 10 players that were not at apex that were.
I'm just taking a really obnoxious literal approach to it haha. There is no transitive property of Smash. That is, player A defeats player B and player B defeats player C does not imply player A defeats player C.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm just taking a really obnoxious literal approach to it haha. There is no transitive property of Smash. That is, player A defeats player B and player B defeats player C does not imply player A defeats player C.
You're right, but if it's a far enough gap of skill you can assume certain things.

what I'm trying to say is, like

Even if there's no transitive property, if someone loses to N3ssMain267, it's pretty safe to assume he won't beat Isai. To use an extreme example. It gets murkier when skill levels come closer.

imo it's very safe to say M2K is not top 10 in the world based on some of his losses.

Last edited:

EggSelent

Smash Apprentice
You're right, but if it's a far enough gap of skill you can assume certain things.

what I'm trying to say is, like

Even if there's no transitive property, if someone loses to N3ssMain267, it's pretty safe to assume he won't beat Isai. To use an extreme example. It gets murkier when skill levels come closer.

imo it's very safe to say M2K is not top 10 in the world based on some of his losses.
Hey man don't underestimate N3ssMain267, word on the street is he can beat all his friends and will own you with a good ruleset (items very high, no edgeguarding, sector Z only)

EDIT:
N2ssMain267 is good though, don't underestimate him.
WTF Sangoku is infiltrating my mind, stealing my jokes, and posting them before I get a chance.

Last edited:

Battlecow

Play to Win
There are levels on levels between m2k and the players that could possibly make a claim to being top 10 in the US.

His other claims, like "second best on the east coast" don't bear countenancing

I know I shouldn't pay attention to this stuff but plenty of people listen to and believe him, and the assumption that 64 is a game you can just sort of pick up and be top level in is insulting.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
If that was true, then good luck coming up with an ordering system to determine your top ten

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Its hard to say M2K doesn't have top 10 potential considering his performance vs his training and his consistent domination in every other smash game. But, at the moment, he is not top 10, maybe not even top 50. He is using a character that has great matchups, is easy to use, and has the most broken move in the game, but there are plenty of people who aren't as good with kirby and can't be as reactive and invulnerable as he is. Hes talented, just not great yet.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
we play things by feel here

how can people actually think m2k is top 10 in 64, even top 10 in 64 for NA alone is a real stretch

smh
no one knows about the 64 scene

mango thought he could pwn battlecow ez some time ago. Easy to see how people randoms would think stuff like that, especially when the only watched/streamed tournys are usually the ones that M2K go to (where he was getting good placing), some random EC ones, and Apex.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
like i said sometime in the past, melee players think that by understanding melee they know 90% (or all) of 64 by default. that's what permeates the allegedly 'ignorant' statements from m2k and reddit experts.
sure it's ignorant, but it's not innocent.
it's even more unforgiving because he's not the g-mang / kero2011, coming from scratch and being silly and hilarious etc. he's very into the competitive scene and because of that you'd expect some sort of common sense from the guy. (you are expected to have the "I'm the best in my neighborhood; I'm the best in the world" mentality only once.)
but why does he and all the people that belive him feel so confident? because they don't think highly of the game. '64 can be resumed in wow hitstun, such 02D combos, much hur dur' and anyone can come in and be the best'. that's why it ruffles people's feathers.
in the same way I don't care about noobs thinking they understand 64, but get annoyed when I see knowledgeable players from other games talking about 64 like they invented the thing

with that said and now contradicting myself: skill-talk is ******** and you shouldn't care. go make some tier lists to take your mind off m2k/mango/etc

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
it's even more unforgiving because he's not the g-mang / kero2011, coming from scratch and being silly and hilarious etc.
Don't group me with Gmang... My call out wasn't silly or hilarious at all. :( I was very serious when I wrote that.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@ Battlecow Battlecow

i remember you back when i was fairly active and younger and not a washed-up no name who only has his old memories of EGX to live by and etc. and i remember the infamous Cow Combo do you still do that or have you gotten more flashy you were always productive and smart but man those u-airs of yours were like your only friend

also i forget did you commentate 2012 or 2013 cause im thinking about the train-wreck of 2011 where dogi and sensei got paired up and dogi had like no clue about what was going on and sensei had to piggyback the whole GF set between boom and isai while people nervously laughed at the unprofessionalism at display

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Wassup, Soup? Play 64 more. kthx.
i still kinda do on alias accounts because i don't want to be another fireblaster where i get so caught up in proving myself that i get depressed when the youngsters beat me repulsively

jabs aside, i just don't have the effort to ~really~ get back in the game, but if you wanna p2p im down

Last edited:
Top Bottom