• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Its hard to say that Isai was wrong in not entering the tournament, after all he's not obligated to do it, but the fact is that a lot of people got disappointed and let down (and apparently he doesn't give a ****)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I have a clue. And it's makin' my feelers sad.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Girls will ruin your smash career doods. Stay away.

Anyway like I said not entering the tourney doesn't make Isai a bad guy or anything. Just trying to help him understand why the Japanese were probably acting weird.

Also you said Ruoka and Jousuke never asked you to play... But did you ever ask them? Goes both ways.

Maybe they got the feeling you never wanted to play so they didn't want to bother you.

TANK64

Smash Lord
It's understandable why they would think it was weird, but oh well. It's not Isai's job to enertain us lol. We should be more understanding. But this community.. lol that's not gonna happen.

Also, his story seems pretty simple. He got into an argument with his gf. Then he didn't want to enter the tourney. The end. No mystery here.

Who the **** would want to enter a tourney after you just got into a argument with your gf? Or for any reason that you know is gonna make you play like **** AND makes you not up for it in the first place.

...And yes woman are no good for a smash career lol.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
Well not feeling good he might not have played very well, although Isai supposedly plays for fun he is the face of NA and tanking in Kanto would have been a bad hit to his position as a "smashlete" (coining the term here and now you heard it first from NYOOUBER).

Also, at least for me, intense games are very emotionally taxing and I can feel my heart race afterward, understandable that in a bad emotional place you wouldn't want to get all riled up.

I find the japanese matches really interesting, they have a completely different metagame, really strong neutral players

malva00

Smash Master
It's understandable why they would think it was weird, but oh well. It's not Isai's job to enertain us lol. We should be more understanding. But this community.. lol that's not gonna happen.

Also, his story seems pretty simple. He got into an argument with his gf. Then he didn't want to enter the tourney. The end. No mystery here.

Who the **** would want to enter a tourney after you just got into a argument with your gf? Or for any reason that you know is gonna make you play like **** AND makes you not up for it in the first place.

...And yes woman are no good for a smash career lol.
Nice post TANK64. Yeah my story is simple.

Too bad the main purpose of my trip isn't SSB like it was the other times; I didn't come specifically to play in a tournament. It wasn't going to be the highlight of my trip. The tournament was just some place where I could have played some SSB. Sorry for the Japanese players who only had the chance to play me at the tournament/drinking party. All the other times I came to Japan, there wasn't a big tournament, just a bunch of guys sitting around a smaller room playing some SSB; I prefer that. I didn't become well-known in SSB by playing in tournaments. I'm not some big tournament player who missed out on one of his BIG tournaments where he could have PROVEN himself, I'm just a SSB player who likes playing SSB.

Anyways, I asked Ruoka if he wanted to play once, and he said playing or not playing is fine (we ended up not playing). Other Japanese players have been more vocal in trying to play with me.

Oh yeah I played against a Japanese girl smasher today for the first time. I don't remember her name though.

I'm going to Kyoto tomorrow (August 9th). I'll be there for a few days while Ruoka goes on some trip with his friends.

hikachu

Smash Rookie
yea,Ok Isai. I understand what u think about.

Anyway, it has nothing to play with fun or seriously, let's just ENJOY to play SSB all over the world!

And Japanese players think Isai is No.1 in the UNIVERSE lol so if he entered the tournament, it's just more ENJOY and fascinate for the tournament. That's all. They didn't think Isai is bad.

Have a good trip Isai in Japan;)
I think Tan-Tan-Men and Washoku is soooo delicious!! XD

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
Hm.. ok, let the man enjoy life as he desires =P
either way, it would be nice to watch some vids tho, even online, what brings the question: Someone found the matches he played on stream with 1/2 frames??

B Link

Smash Lord
I am extremely disappointed that Isai didn't play in the tourney. His johns are lame as hell! He was probably just scared that Jousuke would **** his ass, so to preserve his title as #1 he bailed. He even conveniently left his VCR tapes at home LOL. Coincidence? I think not, my dear Watson.

- Holmes

PS: jk enjoy the rest of your trip

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
1 like = 1 prayer that sheer doesn't wake up with a second butthole laying next to my link tonight.

we'll see who dies at 20%.

malva00

Smash Master
I played a bunch of SSB players online last night on one of those nicovideo streams. People registered to play me one match, and I played about 30-40 matches. I'll play again tonight. If I remember, I'll try to get all the stream links so far. Been too lazy. Maybe someone else already has posted them?

I was impressed by this Pikachu player named wario. Had a fun match against him with my Japanese Mario.

malva00

Smash Master

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
So I met up with one of my brother's co-workers who actually plays a bit of smash. He apparently went to Apex one year, but I'm not sure when he entered, which he described as "eye opening".

Turns out though, he's the best player I've come across not including people I've met in tournament or online. I started out 3-4 stocking him most matches but he closed the gap to mostly 2 or 1 stock games with him taking a couple from me. He understood the concepts of DI and some of his combos were very strong. It was a very pleasant surprise, hopefully I can get him in some non-existent Michigan tourneys with me.

SuperDoo

Smash Cadet
lol nothing stops me from talking ****.

SuperDoo is such a dweeb. He's like Kirby scrub #362736 who says he's good but gets beat all the time. I 4 stocked his Kirby and that shut him up for a while. Then he started **** talking some other guy.

malva00

Smash Master
Oh. Well, too bad we can't watch past broadcasts.
Sorry I thought they would be saved or something.

Anyways, Moyashi wants to come to APEX.

[7:59:38 AM] Isai Alvarado: I will tell the people on smashboards that you want to come
[7:59:38 AM] Isai Alvarado: ^___^
[8:00:33 AM] もやし: It is very kind.
[8:01:08 AM] もやし: I participate.APEX^-^
[8:03:48 AM] Isai Alvarado: ^-^

I wonder if MADRUSH would help Moyashi out with a buddy pass.

Also, I'm planning on playing Moyashi online tomorrow (August 13th) night from Ruoka's place. I'll try to remember to post a link. Should be around morning/early afternoon time for USA people.

Top Bottom