• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

banze

Smash Journeyman
Good post Madrush!

You mentioned many things that I never thought about tournament rules.
Cool they sync the matches pressing start button at the same time.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Isai is dead

Long live KEYBOARD KING

So how many times did his pika get bodied by Jousuke's samus?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Cool stuff from japan peeps

hey yo I'm gonna be on a HIATUS for a lil while because of things

might reappear in time to get back in shape for apex or I might not

hikachu

Smash Rookie
Finally uploaded Kanto tournament 2013.
GO NICOVIDEO!!

【Quarterfinal】

Hitoshio(Pikachu)-Hebiichigo(Link)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526263

Sin(Falcon)-kysk(Kirby)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526273

Ruoka Dancho (Falcon)-Jousuke(Samus)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526236

Moyashi(Kirby)-Wario (Pikachu)

【Semifinal】

Hebiichigo(Link)-Sin(Falcon)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526307

Jousuke(Samus)-Moyashi(Kirby)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526329

【Final】

Sin(Falcon)-Jousuke(Samus)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526181
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526212
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21526224

ENJOY,DUDES;)

mixa

Banned via Warnings
they don't record the match for 3rd place anymore?

do we at least know who won in Hebiichigo vs Moyashi?

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think madrush said that 3rd place was never played out.

Also, really good matches.

But that Jousuke...

>Says he plays just for fun.

>Planks all of GFs.

......>____>

Also, off topic but I like playing solitaire and there is like no legit forum for it. Makes me sad.
Anyone plays speed solitaire here?

Alsoooo, I like the new smashboards top banner. /late

SheerMadness

Smash Master
But that Jousuke...

>Says he plays just for fun.

>Planks all of GFs.
^

No offense to the Japanese players but I couldn't watch any of those matches in their entirety. Way too defensive/campy. Not very entertaining at all.

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
^

No offense to the Japanese players but I couldn't watch any of those matches in their entirety. Way too defensive/campy. Not very entertaining at all.
Prior year's kanto top 8 was very exciting, imo. Haven't gotten a chance to watch this year's, but i can see how that would end up happening with extremely good players competing in 4 stock single elimination scenarios. Thank god they DL only at least- would be terrible to watch on hyrule.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't care how many stocks or what stage it is, if you put 2 defensive players together it's going to be a long boring match.

The best of 1 thing the Japanese use probably doesn't help.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Nag, nag, nag. I bet The matches are superfunny. I've liked all The previous kanto matches that I've seen. Hopefully i Get The hang of nicovideo when I come home.

Olikus

Smash Champion
hello i am olikus how may i express the non-mainstream opinion today
Lol when was sheers opinion mainstream? :troll:
Im pretty suprised if most people here find all of The previous japanese matches boring. Go nag to your granny pls.

Australia -1

malva00

Smash Master
Hey GUYS

Sorry for not entering the tournament. I got into an argument with Brenda that morning, then I didn't feel good emotionally and didn't feel like playing. Anyways it's not Brenda's fault; she got even more upset after I refused to register for the tournament. I sat outside the the venue doors (since it costs money to be a spectator) for hours until Brenda and I started to talk again, then we went somewhere to be alone and missed the drinking party too.

Jousuke didn't seem too interested in playing with me the whole time we were together. He's more interested in manga. We played a few games one night early during my trip, then the 12 Character Battle another night. I think he never asked to play with me, although he once said he had given up on trying to see my full power (something like that). He says he plays for fun, so I was confused when he explained to Brenda (while I was in the shower) that he wanted to play my best but couldn't (maybe because my best is in the NTSC version; WHO KNOWS, maybe if he tried explaining it to me instead). Yesterday was our last day together before he went back to Hokkaido, and I asked him if he wanted to play, but he said no. He should be home now.

I'm at Ruoka's home now in Kansai. I've been playing SSB online with some people (1-2 frames). Ruoka's home is very nice XD. Also, he said he's coming to APEX 2014, so I said I'll come too since he's going again. Ruoka is more interested in letting me play online with people than playing with me. I haven't played with him at all since those few games at ばーしー's house.

I'm here for about one more week. There should be a few nicovideo streams of me playing offline and online.

hikachu

Smash Rookie
Maybe Jousuke wants to plays with you at Finals in Kanto tournament.
So he just play for fun before.
No offence but It is really mysterious that you acted. For example, you forgot vhs tapes and suddenly
absent from the tournament and sleeping by the side of elevator hall with Brenda because of not feeling good emotionally.

Anyway, It's water under the bridge so have a good trip :)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
So you got into an argument with your gf, jousuke acts kinda weird to you, and ruoka doesn't want to play you even though he's housing you? I hope at least touring the city salvaged the trip, yeah?

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Sorry for not entering the tournament. I got into an argument with Brenda that morning.
It's pretty obvious your girlfriend is actually a Japanese spy
then I didn't feel good emotionally and didn't feel like playing.

Calling it now, Isai quits within a year. Also, after hearing this news Battlecow will be found dead, having asphyxiated himself with his hori wire. Hori shards will be found in his intestinal track, apparently from attempting to eat it.

malva00

Smash Master
Maybe Jousuke wants to plays with you at Finals in Kanto tournament.
So he just play for fun before.
No offence but It is really mysterious that you acted. For example, you forgot vhs tapes and suddenly
absent from the tournament and sleeping by the side of elevator hall with Brenda because of not feeling good emotionally.

Anyway, It's water under the bridge so have a good trip :)
Yeah I procrastinated with packing for the trip and forgot my VHS tapes that I used in Peru. Also, some people act mysteriously sometimes when they are upset/emotionally unwell, especially me. Plus I can be pretty stubborn.

So you got into an argument with your gf, jousuke acts kinda weird to you, and ruoka doesn't want to play you even though he's housing you? I hope at least touring the city salvaged the trip, yeah?
I think Ruoka would play me, but I would have to ask. My gf and I get into arguments quite often >.>; Dunno if Jousuke acted weird but I got a weird feeling; other than that, he was a good guy (washed our clothes, took care of our big baggage, bought our Ghibli Museum tickets before we came to Japan, etc.).

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Dunno if Jousuke acted weird but I got a weird feeling; other than that, he was a good guy (washed our clothes, took care of our big baggage, bought our Ghibli Museum tickets before we came to Japan, etc.).
That's actually really amazing of him. Japanese culture generally doesn't do the whole house guests thing unless its immediate family.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I mean if Kikoushi had shown up to the Apex venue last year then not entered everyone would have been really disappointed.

I'm sure all the Japanese players felt the same about you.

Not that you're a bad guy for not entering or whatever, they were probably just let down that you traveled all the way across the world to the actual venue and then mysteriously just didn't enter. Confused and let down.

Top Bottom