• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I guess that's true. Mainly because my friend used those exact words to describe it once.

Anyway the qualification should be to ask 1der/Battlecow if they have heard of anime X. If they say yes it is mainstream.

Flawless.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Truly he is the whitest white man alive.

(ciaza says, as he downloads the latest Monday Night Raw.)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I've heard of Baccano

I watched like three episodes of it 'cause it was on the related vids of one of firo's vids and there was this guy called firo with a cool hat and I'm like "Anime + America = not lame?" And then I watched it and then went to mutilate my genitals for a while instead.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The system works!

I didn't find it too bad!

Cody Rhodes actually winning over Orton who hasn't like lost in a year was great. Miz/Truth are amazing together. Miz v. Kofi has been done so much before though so i wasn't overly-enthralled.

Phil Brooks v. Paul Levesque (that I now know is pronounced (luh-vek) was pretty mad.

kys

Smash Ace
should i go to court and fight my traffic ticket?
In my experience (and others I know), if you show up dressed nicely, have a semi-legitimate reason for fighting it, and behave yourself the courts usually reduce the amount of the ticket. It's worth if you're not busy.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Each time I see an aussie with battlecow as his avatar I think battlecow is posting. I know he himself doesn't even have that avatar.
Also I don't think there are objectively bad/good stuff. It's all about sophism in the end anyway...

The Star King

Smash Hero
I guess that's true. Mainly because my friend used those exact words to describe it once.

Anyway the qualification should be to ask 1der/Battlecow if they have heard of anime X. If they say yes it is mainstream.

Flawless.
This doesn't work (at least with Battlecow) because you people always talk about obscure anime in this thread thread.

Ask me if I watched it, since I've only watched mainstream anime >_>

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
This doesn't work (at least with Battlecow) because you people always talk about obscure anime in this thread thread.

Ask me if I watched it, since I've only watched mainstream anime >_>
I think I'd also be very useful for telling mainstream from not lol...

Only anime i ever watched that MAY not be mainstream is elfen lied ..and thats pretty popular too.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If that's true then obscure anime must be terrible, because mainstream anime has a mediocre level of quality.

Bleach was bleh. One Piece was meh. Naruto is OK I guess. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was kind of quirky, but OK I guess. I liked Death Note, Code Geass, and Full Metal Alchemist. I haven't watched any Dragon Ball but it sounds like a typical horrible shonen, like Bleach without swords.

Olikus

Smash Champion
If that's true then obscure anime must be terrible, because mainstream anime has a mediocre level of quality.

Bleach was bleh. One Piece was meh. Naruto is OK I guess. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was kind of quirky, but OK I guess. I liked Death Note, Code Geass, and Full Metal Alchemist. I haven't watched any Dragon Ball but it sounds like a typical horrible shonen, like Bleach without swords.
medicore? pff

Dragon ball and one piece and naruto is ****. Not to talk about the great hall of famer Hayao Miyazakis animes. I tend to like the mangas the most though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm probably biased because that's the only anime I watched as a young(er) kid, and we know how that always turns out (see: all the people who say the old Pokemon gens are superior). Haven't actually watched any of it in years, so maybe my opinion would be of it would be worse now, IDK.

Top Bottom