• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
ok
Add environmental damage, make new better models, and give pokemon even more unique animations like golurk using fly turns his bottom half into a rocket like in the anime

I would be willing to trade off several hundreds of pokemon from the games if it meant improvements like that.
SWSH doesn't seem to be making any of the improvements at all.
Environmental damage

Like hail?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I hate to sound silly, but what’s a buffer?
In smash's case, buffering means being able to input an action while performing another one.
A good example is pressing Jump then quickly Attack to get a frame 1 Nair as you jump off the ground, since the nair buffered while the jump squat animation was playing.
In Melee this is not the case, so to get something similar you need to jump, then press attack once jump squat animation is finished, which is prone to human error and will almost never happen at frame 1.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I am willing to bet most people wil be able to transfer the Pokemon they want. They aren't going to cut popular ones used in competitive or in fan polls. It will be the ones that don't stand out like Luvdisc, Qwilfish, or the elemental monkeys.
And that really ****ing sucks when Qwilfish is your favorite Pokémon, let me tell you.

D

Deleted member

In smash's case, buffering means being able to input an action while performing another one.
A good example is pressing Jump then quickly Attack to get a frame 1 Nair as you jump off the ground, since the nair buffered while the jump squat animation was playing.
In Melee this is not the case, so to get something similar you need to jump, then press attack once jump squat animation is finished, which is prone to human error and will almost never happen at frame 1.
When you put it like that, that is for sure the issue. Thanks!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Damage too the environment, not from it.
we talkin like

just for flair or permanent damage you put on the world cause i feel like environmentalists are gonna go cray cray over that

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hate to sound silly, but what’s a buffer?
In Brawl onward, there's a brief period of time where you can input your next move while your previous move is finished executing. Say after you input a tilt, and you input a jump when the cooldown animation begins. Well, you'll jump without waiting for the animation to complete, so you wouldn't have to be frame perfect if you want to execute a jump after the tilt. That doesn't exist in Melee, since you have to be frame perfect if you want to execute the next move after the previous, so if you want to immediately jump after a tilt, well, you have to jump the exact frame the animation completes. Couple this with a faster speed, and it's going to be a bit hard executing moves one after another without some training.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What i mean is what happens when groundon uses hyper beam at the end of this bullshot trailer

I never expected to unironically say S O U L when seeing this and comparing it to a home console mainline game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oooooooh

So something that doesn’t matter in the slightest?

What does this accomplish? Why should developers spend months and months on this?
I want to be able to fire a Hydro Pump at the ceiling to have it collapse on the foe for extra physical damage. Stuff like the anime. I always thought that was cool as a kid, and it could add a layer of strategy to the game.

It doesn't need to just be aesthetic. It goes a long way in both making battles more dynamic and the moves used seem more powerful.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Oooooooh

What does this accomplish? Why should developers spend months and months on this?
Nothing wrong with extra detail and polish

you might as well asked if any of those extra details in BOTW matter when most people where blown away by them

In Breath of Fire 3 or 4? I remember if you used fire magic in a forest area it would set off a wild fire.
that was cool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know given how Banjo's reveal trailer was an continuation to King K. Rool's reveal wouldn't it be sick if Doom Slayer at some chance was among the final two to be revealed and his reveal trailer leaves off from where Ridley's was?

Doom Slayer vs. Ridley.

Come on now you all know you want it.

RIP AND TEAR ********!!!! Ridley wouldn't know what had hit him! To Doom Slayer. Ridley would just be another casual Tuesday for him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oooooooh

someone is overly snarky tonight, and it's not me this time :substitute:

D

Deleted member

Ok, what the crap. I get tagteamrd by three fighters, then thee second they push my off a ledge with an attack, I go rocketing down. It wasn’t even a spike.

D

Deleted member

Oooooooh

Sometimes things just look nice mate. And looking nice can contribute in a bunch of ways to a game feeling more polished, dynamic, exciting, and overall interesting to look at.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tbh if a cook getting used to a new restaurant serves me dry food I can give it a pass

Second dish lacks taste? Ok one more chance

Third time? My dude, go get the damn Lamb sauce.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Heading out for now.

I'm still on Team Optimistic, if that wasn't already obvious enough. Not gonna join the floods of people complaining about Sword and Shield until I know exactly how much was cut. I can afford to lose a few Pokemon I like, just like I did when Smash 4 cut ICs and Wolf. Ain't the end of the world.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oooooooh

Im only going to say this once to you and this is me being serious for once.

stop acting like a **** right now. I dont want to have to say that again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oooooooh

To add more polish. Why does BOTW have the nice, cel shaded graphics? Polish. It’s not useless, per se.

D

Deleted member

Man I hope smeargle’s gimmick is enough to keep it in the dex for future generations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is it bad that when I'm playing FF7 I use the voices from OneyNG's "Pointy Bits" parody when I read dialogue from Cloud, Barret, and Tifa?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I want to be able to fire a Hydro Pump at the ceiling to have it collapse on the for for extra physical damage. Stuff like the anime. I always thought that was cool as a kid, and it could add a layer of strategy to the game.

It doesn't need to just be aesthetic. It goes a long way in both making battles more dynamic and the moves used seem more powerful.
So the ability to attack the environment to inflict damage? Sounds neat I guess but also kind of gimmicky, tbh.

Not that recent combat additions haven't been kind of gimmicky.
There is nothing wrong with enjoying the games as they are, i bet most people do, otherwise they wouldn't care so much for this.
But when you consider just how much money Pokemon makes, the fact that the games still have such simplistic battle UI, backgrounds and animations even after making the jump to 3D is kinda baffling.
It's still fun of course, but just as there's nothing wrong with enjoying the games as they are, there's also nothing wrong with wanting them to be more.
I'll defend the simplistic UI, it doesn't get in the way of the action and pokemon is a simple game Simplistic =/= bad by any means.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I'm sure this has been asked before, but did your favourite Pokemon make the cut? Is its inclusion likely or have we already seen it?

Don't think we've seen Dragonite yet but pretty confident it'll be in
Haven't seen the luxray line but I'm hoping
Have seen hawlucha so yay
Haven't seen heliolisk or rayquaza
And haven't seen the garchomp line or krookidile(I think)
But since im new to pokemon( got in it atound 3ds era) I'm not burned out on the series and while it'll be sad if I don't see my favorites(really hope luxray's in cause hes always on my team) I'm still gonna get it and enjoy it

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So...

Hero this month or next?

We know Hero's been in development since at least ****ing December, so place your bets.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So besides this whole companion theory and Frisk/Waluigi leaks had any other leaks that had occurred? Haven't been here all the time given my trip to San Diego.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I just want the fun fainting animations from Stadium/Colosseum & XD to return

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So...

Hero this month or next?

We know Hero's been in development since at least ****ing December, so place your bets.
Hero in July
Instrument in September
Ness in December
Wallelujah in February

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm 99% certain Gamefreak is polishing their game more due to the cuts then if they hadn't. It's just not to the degree that people feel satisfied with it.

Let's not pretend like the cuts were for no reason. There's always a reason, even if its a reason you don't like or agree with.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So besides this whole companion theory and Frisk/Waluigi leaks had any other leaks that had occurred? Haven't been here all the time given my trip to San Diego.
there's a rumor that the next character is female and potentially uses projectiles. Some believe it to be Jill or KOS-MOS.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Are we actually humoring the Frisk/Waluigi leak?
I mean to be fair now that I honestly do think about it. Having Waluigi being the final reveal does seem like something Sakurai may pull off and only one I can see topping Banjo arguably.

Plus Frisk is an character one would definitely not expect and Sakurai has pulled off surprises with:ultpiranha:and:ultjoker:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
there's a rumor that the next character is female and potentially uses projectiles. Some believe it to be Jill or KOS-MOS.
Poop I actually can't believe I forgot that one. Slipped my mind apparently.

Man how much I'd love for that to either be Amaterasu or Elma. **** it give me both for crying out loud!!!! If they were the final two I'd die more happy then ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom