• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I never paid for pokemon bank so I've been living the no transfer life since 2013

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Considering the game looks poorly baked 5 months before release after +2 years of production, I dunno what super improvement we should expect.
List could reach the 500-600-700 and the issue still will exist.
If the list reaches 700 and you're still not satisfied, then I don't know what to tell you. It seems like this will be the norm for Pokemon from now on, so if a few hundred Pokemon mean THAT much to you, perhaps now would be a good time to drop the series altogether.

There will be more Pokemon. Can I say for certain if it'll reach 500? Obviously not, but it's better to look at what we have right now and remain optimistic than to give up and declare defeat when there's still five months left.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now that animal crossing is next year there’s an open space in my budget

waifu emblem: hogwarts or luigi’s mansion: hotel Transylvania
I'm definitely getting both, but I probably won't get Luigi's Mansion 3 until Christmas (unless for some reason it comes out December 26-31 lol) while I'm getting Three Houses on launch day.

I say go for Three Houses in the spirit of trying new things, since you said you haven't played Fire Emblem before. It's shaping up to be absolutely amazing.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Am I pleased that Sword and Shield may not allow me to transfer all of my Pokémon through home, which I spent countless hours trying to complete across each generation of games? Absolutely not. It saddens me. I wish it weren’t that way, and I hope they change it.

Am I going to whine and be angry toward other human beings because they did something I didn’t entirely agree with because of arguably realistic reasons? Absolutely not.

You couldn’t trade all your Pokémon at the beginning of X & Y, or ORAS. Same with SMUSUM. I am glad people are standing up for their desires to have the National Dex still available, and having those Pokemon that would have been cut reinstated. But I do think some folks are over the top with their outrage, at least at this point in time.

At the very least, I don’t think Sword & Shield should be delayed. Rather, I think Game Freak should consider updates similar to the way Pokémon Go has been updated over time with new generations being added every so often.

In general, I don’t think anger is going to achieve the goals people want like folks think it will.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Also Delibird. Delibird can kindly go.
Delibird is iconic though and deserves to be a Pokemon.

Delibird was in Pokemon Gold and Silver which had very good sales.

He also was one of the few Pokemon to get a mini game in Pokemon Stadium 2, AND he is unique due to present and being a flying/ice type hybrid.

Thankfully Masuds knows this and will not remove such a character. I just hope that the clones do not take up slots so other unique characters, such as Farfetch'd, will stay.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm definitely getting both, but I probably won't get Luigi's Mansion 3 until Christmas (unless for some reason it comes out December 26-31 lol) while I'm getting Three Houses on launch day.

I say go for Three Houses in the spirit of trying new things, since you said you haven't played Fire Emblem before. It's shaping up to be absolutely amazing.
I haven’t played Luigi’s Mansion either, so either way I’d be trying something new haha

I guess I’ll think on it some more

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Regardless of how many Pokemon will be integrated into SwSh; Pokedex, transferring, etc.-

I'm just happy my pokemon won't be stuck on my 3DS.

dims.jpeg

D

Deleted member

OHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAHHHHH!

Time to bust open some Melee that’s not a ROM!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the list reaches 700 and you're still not satisfied, then I don't know what to tell you. It seems like this will be the norm for Pokemon from now on, so if a few hundred Pokemon mean THAT much to you, perhaps now would be a good time to drop the series altogether.

There will be more Pokemon. Can I say for certain if it'll reach 500? Obviously not, but it's better to look at what we have right now and remain optimistic than to give up and declare defeat when there's still five months left.
700 returning ≠ 809 returning. Simple as that, really. USUM was able to handle having every previous Pokémon and it was on objectively inferior hardware. Expecting the same of a Switch game shouldn't even be a question.

Even if 700 came back, there's a good chance my favorites would be among the 109 that didn't. And even if they weren't my favorites, they're someone's favorites.

Barring a patch announced pre-release, if I'm buying Sword, I'm buying it used. I'm not gonna financially support GameFreak when I feel they're taking enormous steps backwards.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Delibird is iconic though and deserves to be a Pokemon.

Delibird was in Pokemon Gold and Silver which had very good sales.

He also was one of the few Pokemon to get a mini game in Pokemon Stadium 2, AND he is unique due to present and being a flying/ice type hybrid.

Thankfully Masuds knows this and will not remove such a character. I just hope that the clones do not take up slots so other unique characters, such as Farfetch'd, will stay.
Of course, what I fool I was to wish a Pokémon that can heal their opponents be cut from the game. You’ve showed me the Errol of my ways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Melee announcer pronounced Pikachu as “Peek-ah-chu.” Unolayable.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I haven’t played Luigi’s Mansion either, so either way I’d be trying something new haha

I guess I’ll think on it some more
I feel like someone like you would latch onto fire emblem more than luigi's mansion, but that's a mostly unfounded and biased take.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, that reminds me; after I get my Xbox One and MKXL, I gotta put down money on Shield and Sword. Depends how much I'm spending at once. I seriously need another Controller for my Switch(as all I can use is my regular controller or GCN ones).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
700 returning ≠ 809 returning. Simple as that, really. USUM was able to handle having every previous Pokémon and it was on objectively inferior hardware. Expecting the same of a Switch game shouldn't even be a question.

Even if 700 came back, there's a good chance my favorites would be among the 109 that didn't. And even if they weren't my favorites, they're someone's favorites.

Barring a patch announced pre-release, if I'm buying Sword, I'm buying it used. I'm not gonna financially support GameFreak when I feel they're taking enormous steps backwards.
Well, that's your decision to make. If those 109 Pokemon aren't worth the purchase, don't buy it.

Regardless, Game Freak can't keep this up forever. Even if they could've added every Pokemon in this game, that doesn't change anything in the future. Sooner or later, fans will have to say goodbye to a few of their favorite Pokemon, and maybe Game Freak wanted to make that transition now to soften the blow later on.

I know I keep saying this, but fans are getting way too worked up over this. More importantly, I feel like they're antagonizing Game Freak to a point to where it's considered unappreciateive and downright hateful. Work on a Pokemon game yourself and see how easy it is.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well, that's your decision to make. If those 109 Pokemon aren't worth the purchase, don't buy it.

Regardless, Game Freak can't keep this up forever. Even if they could've added every Pokemon in this game, that doesn't change anything in the future. Sooner or later, fans will have to say goodbye to a few of their favorite Pokemon, and maybe Game Freak wanted to make that transition now to soften the blow later on.

I know I keep saying this, but fans are getting way too worked up over this. More importantly, I feel like they're antagonizing Game Freak to a point to where it's considered unappreciateive and downright hateful. Work on a Pokemon game yourself and see how easy it is.
I am willing to bet most people wil be able to transfer the Pokemon they want. They aren't going to cut popular ones used in competitive or in fan polls. It will be the ones that don't stand out like Luvdisc, Qwilfish, or the elemental monkeys.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I can care for the amount of Pokémon I want.
Others can care for a handful, others a hundred, it doesn't matter
One dude can care for only a handful, other for 50, other for a hundred.
There could be someone having 80 favorite Mon with all of them getting cut and other with just 5. Numbers doesn't matter in an all or nothing demand.

Where's the defeatism you see? Many fans around the world are expressing their discomfort; some in reasonable ways some just being "REEEE".
But is not like "oh well, I'll sit down to watch the trailers and buy the game anyway despite is obvious the product will be not what we expected for years and GF never patches stuff"
That's not optimism, that's conformism

It could work, it could not; the wallets have the last word in November, but sitting down and simply hope for the best will do nothing this time.

Droppin' this before Epic Red Men gets mad at me again.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had no idea this was English dubbed now, but this is worth checking out:

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I am willing to bet most people wil be able to transfer the Pokemon they want. They aren't going to cut popular ones used in competitive or in fan polls. It will be the ones that don't stand out like Luvdisc, Qwilfish, or the elemental monkeys.
And that's what I've been trying to tell people. Game Freak knows which Pokemon are popular, and I doubt they decide which ones go by random.

Once all is said and done, I'm sure most of the Pokemon people really wanted to keep will be safe.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I don't really mind not having all the Pokémon returning, but i'm kinda glad to see people willing to criticize The Pokémon Company for their bad decisions. I'm just kinda baffled that this amount of criticism is only given now, for a reaon that's ultimately not that big of a deal.
Chances are that Game Freak itself is being rushed to complete the game so that it matches up with the anime, tgcg and all the merchandise they're about to release, rather than worrying about the quality of the game. TPC is a multi billion dollar company that's been refusing to do more than the bare minimum in many aspects of the games since forever, but managed to remain mostly free of criticism due to the games being portable and their popularity.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Why’s that?
Well, I am a bit biased since I was never able to get into luigi's mansion, but I feel that you would enjoy the greater focus on characters that Fire Emblem has. That's a bit vague, but I hope you get what I mean. Character interactions and stuff, I feel it's the sort of thing you would enjoy. You seem to get attached to characters a lot, and Fire Emblem's basically made for that. Permadeath probably isn't up your alley though.

D

Deleted member

I don't really mind not having all the Pokémon returning, but i'm kinda glad to see people willing to criticize The Pokémon Company for their bad decisions. I'm just kinda baffled that this amount of criticism is only given now, for a reaon that's ultimately not that big of a deal.
Chances are that Game Freak itself is being rushed to complete the game so that it matches up with the anime, tgcg and all the merchandise they're about to release, rather than worrying about the quality of the game. TPC is a multi billion dollar company that's been refusing to do more than the bare minimum in many aspects of the games since forever, but managed to remain mostly free of criticism due to the games being portable and their popularity.
I remember there being a bit of controversy around USUM being arguably some of the least different third versions, but nothing too major. I'd imagine this whole transferring business is the straw that broke the camel's back for a bunch of people, specially since catching em all and having a long-lasting partner pokemon are pretty big reasons the franchise is so popular in the first place.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone I am back, I kind of realized I missed this place and that I made a mistake deleting my account I should've just taken a break but in my defense I didn't initially think I would come back here. I was originally planning to just stay in the Geno thread and come back for E3 but nah I can't do that. I miss this place too much. Hopefully it's alright with everyone here for me to come back I promise I'll think things through next time.

So how about that Nintendo direct huh? Hero is.. Interesting and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash?! That's absolutely fantastic! And that Spiral Mountain remix is absolutely fantastic! Not to mention Animal Crossing looks amazing, BotW 2 is super interesting, Pokemon looks neat, I'm totally going to get Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3 looks good, I'm totally going to get Link's Awakening. It was pretty good all around wasn't it?

Daemon x Machina still looks uninteresting though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We had to get a snappening to have most of people wake up and see how poor the quality has been since Gen 6 and how the 1 generation and done gimmick has been sustaining the franchise in some way.

Like, in 6 years they could have hired more people, get assistance from other studios to meet the deadlines TPCi can impose, but now is just all the stuff piling up on them and taking that route as an internal damage control.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey everyone I am back, I kind of realized I missed this place and that I made a mistake deleting my account I should've just taken a break but in my defense I didn't initially think I would come back here. I was originally planning to just stay in the Geno thread and come back for E3 but nah I can't do that. I miss this place too much. Hopefully it's alright with everyone here for me to come back I promise I'll think things through next time.

So how about that Nintendo direct huh? Hero is.. Interesting and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash?! That's absolutely fantastic! And that Spiral Mountain remix is absolutely fantastic! Not to mention Animal Crossing looks amazing, BotW 2 is super interesting, Pokemon looks neat, I'm totally going to get Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3 looks good, I'm totally going to get Link's Awakening. It was pretty good all around wasn't it?

WELCOME BACK!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

No matter how hard you try to flee, the icy cold hand of Smashboards drags you back.

Welcome back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

ok
Add environmental damage, make new better models, and give pokemon even more unique animations like golurk using fly turns his bottom half into a rocket like in the anime

I would be willing to trade off several hundreds of pokemon from the games if it meant improvements like that.
SWSH doesn't seem to be making any of the improvements at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom